PDA

View Full Version : VORTEX SPITFIRE 3 X ISSUE SOLVED

explrgab
09-19-18, 16:01
I sent the Vortex Spitfire 3x back to customer support and in short order they spirited me a new one. Got it back mounted and still could not achieve zero. Extremely frustrating. I require ACCURACY. I must have shot 150 rds in this endeavor. I suspected the scope...nope. I suspected shooter error...nope. Ammunition...nope (using 55gr federal M193). THE RIFLE......YES. I suspected something had to be wrong.....had several people check it out at the range...shoot it, discuss it. Very Long Story short. The barrel nut was loose. too much slop...that can't be good. So on a recommendation i took it to a gunsmith in Stuart Fl.. He tightened it up to spec torque...35 ft lbs. Back to range again for second time today...to re-zero......Fired a round....made an adjustment...another round..adjust. another...adjust...The rifle and scope were crisply responding to adjustment and then started three round groups...shot two three rds sub 3/4 " at 25 yards....VERY GOOD GROUPS. called it day. Will get back to range tomorrow move it all out to 50 yds and zero. Thanks to the folks that offered help and insight...only accurate guns are interesting. I thought it was lemon. greatly encouraged now.

Bodhi
09-19-18, 19:30
Deleted.

Stickman
09-19-18, 20:34
Sounds more like the one I use. Go forth and conquer my friend.

Iraqgunz
09-20-18, 01:46
And in other news still not posted in the right place.