PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint M4s Question or Two...

Razorhunter
10-30-08, 09:22
Can anyone tell me if the new M4s models will be available in a 4moa dot? I'm still trying to decide, and will probably go with the 2moa dot, but I just wanted to know if 4moa was even an option on the M4s???

Second, is the M4/M4s NV compatible?? I figure they are NV compatible, but not sure, and thought I'd ask here while inquiring about the dot size.

Finally, what do you guys who have owned both an M3/ML3 and an M4/M4s think about these two optics? Are you much more satisfied with the M4??? Is there anything to like about it, moreso than the M3, OTHER THAN the increased battery life?

I am still trying to decide if I would be happier with the original M4, OR if I should go with the M4s???
I would think the M4s model would be the best choice, but I'm not totally sure one way or another. What is everyones thoughts on the M4 vs M4s?? I like the looks of the M4s just a little more I think, but performance trumps cosmetics of course.
What say guys??
Thanks.

msap
10-30-08, 12:13
I don't think the M4 is available in 4moa and it does have NV settings. I just picked up the M4s and I like it so far. This is my first Aimpoint so I can't say if it's worth the price over an M3.

Pat Rogers wrote an article on the M4s in this months issue of SWAT magazine. He pretty much gives a good rundown of the M4s compared to the regular M4. It's a good read if you are looking into this optic.

WasatchAR
10-30-08, 12:29
Ok.... First, there is no plan to produce a M4 in A 4 MOA dot.

Second.. All M series sights are NV compatible. It is the ML sights that are not, so yes. Before you ask, there is no plans to build a ML4.

Third.. Battery life is one, but going AA is a nice change. The bigest development is the integrated mount, and the redesigned switch. Both of these have resulted in creating one of the most durable optical devices ever made. We can literally hit them with baseball bats

Lastly.. I would say go “S”. The unit is lower profile, gives a better sight picture IMPO, and tucking the switch in at the 5:00 makes it less exposed, and therefore less susceptible to damage. The only draw back to the 5:00 location is if you are going to use one of the pivot mounts on a 3X magnifier like the LaRue or Sampson systems you will notice that it takes increased dexterity to operate the switch when the 3X is in the stand by position.
I hoped this helped.

FJB
10-30-08, 18:20
What WasatchAR said. His comments are spot on.

S/F