PDA

View Full Version : Any panic buying yet?

Uni-Vibe
09-22-18, 20:01
Not at gun shows around here. ARs, mags, ammo, all plentiful. Prices stable. Anybody notice anything?

ABNAK
09-22-18, 20:08
Because of...…?

Not that the libs need an additional reason to hate guns but there hasn't been a mass-casualty shooting lately (thank God!). The focus right now is on the Kavanaugh thing and then it will be the mid-terms. Gun control isn't exactly a big vote gatherer. More often than not it backfires on them....of course it depends on where we're talking about the vote taking place.

RHINOWSO
09-22-18, 20:12
Panic buying what?

Everyone with a good job should be stocked and buying a case of ammo a month, minimum.

I know I know, everyone "was just about to buy XYZ" as soon as a panic hits.

There is stuff I think about buying, but honestly aside from ammo and a new LPVO, I don't need anything at all.

Buncheong
09-22-18, 20:15
Prices at shows in my area (Phoenix) are elevated. “But on gunbroker these go for...” is what I am often told.

I’ve put show attendance on indefinite hold, just isn’t much available at prices I’m able to pay, unfortunately.

JediGuy
09-22-18, 20:17
Not sure about shows. Personally and amongst friends, no. Should have bought a stack of Aero lowers over the Labor Day sale, but forgot to put in the order. As another said, focused on regular ammo purchases, and a specific optic when I see one for a good price.

HMM
09-22-18, 20:26
I over bought before the election. Thankfully I got good deals on everything so I didn't have to pay panic prices. I've bought a glock since and outfitted it with some slide work and a RMR. Sadly no other firearm purchases. Not really eyeing anything either. Only thing I need to really stock up on is powder and primers. I've been slacking there if anywhere.

The_War_Wagon
09-22-18, 20:33
I saw the writing on the wall, in the run-up to the election, when Clinton got the nomination. So I started stockpiling that summer.

Of 1992. ;)

Eazyeach
09-22-18, 20:49
Panic buying is for fools. Homie don’t play that. In fact I feel a little dumber for even checking this post and answering the question.

Wake27
09-22-18, 20:50
Why the **** would there be panic buying right now? Posts like this are what start that shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swstock
09-22-18, 20:58
I was away for a meeting recently and had to do some panic buying myself.

I waited outside the store for like a half hour before they opened.

As soon as they unlocked the door, i ran in past everyone and raided the immodium shelf. The word panic really minimizes the experience.

ST911
09-22-18, 21:02
Why the **** would there be panic buying right now? Posts like this are what start that shit.