PDA

View Full Version : New Glock G45

parishioner
09-23-18, 12:06
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180923/4abb997e214ae7b8fe66e558737c0da4.jpg

“Leaked” image being circulated appears to show a black 19x with front serrations. Not sure about the lanyard loop. This is 9mm despite being named G45.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

panzerr
09-23-18, 12:34
Dang. I was hoping for a rotating barrel.

C-grunt
09-23-18, 12:37
It's also a Gen 5 so it has those improvements as well.

drtywk
09-23-18, 12:37
46 is supposed to be the rotating barrel.

panzerr
09-23-18, 12:41
46 is supposed to be the rotating barrel.

I don't see any reason to buy another Glock until they actually innovate. Minor adjustments to the frame and mystical internal changes that amount to nothing quantifiable do not equate to innovation. Producing a rotating barrel pistol with glock reliability would be that.

Arik
09-23-18, 13:03
I don't see any reason to buy another Glock until they actually innovate. Minor adjustments to the frame and mystical internal changes that amount to nothing quantifiable do not equate to innovation. Producing a rotating barrel pistol with glock reliability would be that.This^

I'm still on my old gen3 from the early 2000s. Have no reason to buy a new one since they don't offer anything different. Although I have thought about the 5 for it's ambi controls

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

flenna
09-23-18, 13:44
This^

I'm still on my old gen3 from the early 2000s. Have no reason to buy a new one since they don't offer anything different. Although I have thought about the 5 for it's ambi controls

Same here, all I own are Gen3s. Until something comes out that makes me say "Wow, I really need that to make me a better shooter" I am content where I am.

ralph
09-23-18, 13:59
I've got a gen5, g19 I got in a trade, I'll admit, I don't miss the finger grooves, and this is the only g19 I've owned (I've owned 3 others over the years, still own a gen4 which needed an Apex extractor) that I did'nt have a BTF issue with right out of the box... If I were in the market for a new Glock 9mm, I would'nt consider anything but a gen5, simply because they eject cases properly..

MountainRaven
09-23-18, 14:23
So it's a black 19X with a Gen5 flared magwell and forward cocking serrations?

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-23-18, 14:38
Odd to give it a whole new number

SW CQB 45
09-23-18, 14:42
they should add the factory texture to the side flats and high front strap as the norm.

mig1nc
09-23-18, 15:38
As a rotating barrel former owner, I don't think even Glock will be able to make a reliable one.

I mean, like combat reliable.

It's just too easy to gum up the works.

That's just my opinion.

MAC did a torture test of the PX4 and it failed.

My Grand Power was not perfect, we even had a grand power sponsored shooter who did a torture test and it really failed that too.

I'm just kind of done with the concept at this point.

Hopefully somebody can prove me wrong. Maybe it'll be Glock.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

JulyAZ
09-23-18, 15:47
Odd to give it a whole new number

Naw, I think it was odd to get the “19x” over a new moniker. The 19x isn’t a 19, and not a 17, this falls in the same category as a 19x.

They’re going to need a name to continue to make improvements on that line. It only makes sense to move them to their own 45 name, and I hope they drop the 19x in the future and keep it all G45, G45X.

All this is, is a gun for the LEO departments that want a black 19x. I wouldn’t think too hard into this gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-23-18, 18:29
Can we just get more MOS models?

NYH1
09-23-18, 18:49
Naw, I think it was odd to get the “19x” over a new moniker. The 19x isn’t a 19, and not a 17, this falls in the same category as a 19x.

They’re going to need a name to continue to make improvements on that line. It only makes sense to move them to their own 45 name, and I hope they drop the 19x in the future and keep it all G45, G45X.

All this is, is a gun for the LEO departments that want a black 19x. I wouldn’t think too hard into this gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I agree.

I'll have to check out the G45's when they're available. I like my G19, however I much prefer the G17/22/31 (G34/35 too) size Glock's Maybe the G45 having the G17 lower and G19 upper will work better for me.

NYH1.

NYH1.

Pappabear
09-23-18, 19:58
You have to give it to them, they are masters of marketing, like all the big gun Mfg'ers. Small tweak GenXXXX, smaller tweak GenYYYY all the while Gen 3 is the Gold standard for so many.

PB

Arik
09-23-18, 21:18
Next thing you know they'll be 29 variations of the G19, some with funky rainbow colors

RHINOWSO
09-23-18, 21:19
You have to give it to them, they are masters of marketing, like all the big gun Mfg'ers. Small tweak GenXXXX, smaller tweak GenYYYY all the while Gen 3 is the Gold standard for so many.

PB

Indeed. The business is to SELL guns and they do it quite well.

Todd.K
09-23-18, 22:07
The Gen4 was needed for the 40, and added grip size adjustment.

The Gen5 has some nice improvements. Better out of the box than my modded Gen3. Grip texture is great, trigger is great, the magwell is nice. I only intend to change the sights, and only because they didn't have a blue label w/AmeriGlo when I got my veteran promotion, or that would have been great out of the box too.

Not a sell off all your Gen3 to go Gen5 better, but definitely not buying a new Gen3 better for me.

YVK
09-24-18, 00:51
I don't see any reason to buy another Glock until they actually innovate. Minor adjustments to the frame and mystical internal changes that amount to nothing quantifiable do not equate to innovation. Producing a rotating barrel pistol with glock reliability would be that.

Is innovation for the sake of innovation, or is it supposed to do something better? My previous carry gun had a rotating barrel. I was reliable but after a couple of years I still didn't know what exactly that achieved. In fact, when I shot a subcompact version of that gun, I said the rotating barrel was working just fine too. Then found that SC had a conventional tilting barrel.

G45 is a sibling to a 19x. As of today, I am 40 rounds shy of 4000 rounds through mine, 3000 in last three months. I think it is a stupendous gun. When I got it in January, the first thing I did was to clean up the magwell area up in front. The second or third thing I did was to have front serrations cut in. G45 takes care of both things right from the factory. Makes me glad I haven't bought the second 19x.

MegademiC
09-24-18, 06:34

Why? Having never used or researched rotating barrels much, what is the advantage of them?

joffe
09-24-18, 06:58

PB

I would recommend giving the gen 5 a shot at your nearest rental range, because those 'small tweaks' actually add up to a huge difference. For me, the combination of much better ergonomics and improved trigger makes for a night and day difference between the two.

Yes, the removal of the finger grooves and overall change to the contour of the pistol grip makes for an amazing difference. It doesn't look like much in pictures but for me it's a huge difference in feel.

scooter22
09-24-18, 07:51
I would recommend giving the gen 5 a shot at your nearest rental range, because those 'small tweaks' actually add up to a huge difference. For me, the combination of much better ergonomics and improved trigger makes for a night and day difference between the two.

Yes, the removal of the finger grooves and overall change to the contour of the pistol grip makes for an amazing difference. It doesn't look like much in pictures but for me it's a huge difference in feel.

Do you find that you’re more accurate and/ or quicker with the Gen 5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joffe
09-24-18, 08:02

I am a very inexperienced pistol shooter, so no.

dirkmagurk
09-24-18, 08:37
In my personal opinion the gen 5 is a substantial improvement over previous generations. Glock redesigned the internals and addressed some known weak points from prior generations. The gen 5 pistols have eliminated the older style trigger return spring which was known to break if not periodically replaced. Gen 5 pistols use a NY1 type spring that compresses instead of stretching with each trigger pull, which is a more durable setup. They also redesigned the slide lock spring and slide stop lever spring, which have also been known to break in previous gens. The gen 5 pistols use coil springs for these parts which is a more durable design than the leaf/wire spring of the prior gens. In rare instances the slide can crack or even completely fracture at the recoil spring lug. This happens in pistols with extremely high round counts or pistols that haven't been properly maintained i.e. swapping out recoil springs at proper intervals. The gen 5s recoil spring lug has been reinforced or "beefed up" compared to the gen 4s in an attempt to mitigate this issue. One of my favorite changes in the gen 5 is that they now have a standard 1913 rail slot so my X300s are interchangeable between my rifles and Glocks. I understand that most people have never experienced any issues with parts breakages in their Glocks but for those high round count shooters, agencies, militaries/units these changes are significant. Oh and I will most definitely be picking up a G45 because I find that I can run a shortened slide with a full sized grip pistol a little faster and just as accurately as a long slide pistol. I contribute this to having a full grip to get maximum surface contact and leverage on in combination with the shorter faster cycling slide. Having a shorter slide makes for slightly faster draws from the holster for me as well YMMV.

Vandal
09-24-18, 09:58

I can only speak to the 19X as it's my only Gen5 gun, for now. I recently ran my PD's qual with my issued G17.4 and my G19x back to back, starting with the 19x. To keep things as close to the same as possible, I put the X300U from my duty gun on the 19x and used my used Safariland duty holster. I also had Medium backstops on both. Factory 19x sights vs. Trijicon HDs on the 17.4. I had not shot the 19x before, I literally grabbed it out of the box, loaded mags and got on line. Proceeded to shoot a perfect score. Our qual is shot from distances from about 2 yards to 25 yards. Next round was shot with my issued G17.4 duty gun. I shot a 92% with the exact same qual. I'm not saying it was just the gun, but it likely helped.

I'm starting to see the Gen4s as a bit of a stop-gap to get to the Gen5s. I think the Gen5 guns will become the new standard-bearer for Glock. Please don't get me started on the people who are already screaming that they wanted a 17 slide with a 19 grip. The comments on the Glock social media pages are full of idiots asking for that and "muh .45s/10mm high cap mags!!!"

titsonritz
09-24-18, 11:46

This^

Same here, all I own are Gen3s. Until something comes out that makes me say "Wow, I really need that to make me a better shooter" I am content where I am.

I agree.

All four of my double-stack Glocks are 2008 Gen 3's, only my 43 is more recent.

G45 should have been a 45acp.

boombotz401
09-24-18, 12:17
Any word on a blue label price?

Or regular price for that matter

Alex V
09-24-18, 12:26
I'm still here... waiting on a G19 frame and G17 slide... oh well.

clb
09-24-18, 13:11
Any word on a blue label price?

Or regular price for that matter

Blue label:
Standard sights 398.20
Glock night sights 447.00
Ameriglo Bold 476.00

clb
09-24-18, 13:20
Can we just get more MOS models?

Not sure why they weren't talked about in any releases yet, but gen 5 17 and 19 MOS pistols are up on Glock's site. With front serrations.

MountainRaven
09-24-18, 13:59
I'm hearing that examples are already in the hands of some dealers, with the official release date of 5 October in the US.

Arik
09-24-18, 14:08
My dealer has 5 of them for $550

.45fmjoe
09-24-18, 16:00
Called my LEO supplier in town and I'm first on the list for two with Ameriglo Bold sights. Eff yeah.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

boombotz401
09-24-18, 16:08
GT dist is showing 476$ blue label

.45fmjoe
09-24-18, 16:09
GT dist is showing 476$ blue label

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYup. Can't freaking wait.

jdavis6576
09-24-18, 16:42
I ordered from GrabAGun, $539. Two left.

https://grabagun.com/glock-g45-g5-9mm-17-1-4-0-fs.html?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=Daily%20Email

ST911
09-24-18, 17:53
$428.50 with bolds and 3 magazines, agency price

Ron3
09-24-18, 23:15

Me three. Both the Glocks I have left are Gen 3 G19's. And I like other guns much more now. None of the Glock improvements are enough for me. If I replace them with similar sized gun/s it will be a S&W 2.0. They feel so good in hand. Just as accurate and reliable, just as light, and even cost a little less.

Nocalsocal
09-24-18, 23:53
Just a quick question. I’ve recently seen a YouTube review (Sootch) of the G45 and was amazed by the consistency of ejection. My Gen 2 19 and Gen 4 17 have been extremely reliable with most ammo. However I would be lying if I said that the ejection is always picture perfect. But the Fiocchi 115 gr in the video seem to fly out of the G45 in nice long arcs.
Did Glock address the sometimes erratic ejection in the new models?

FlyingHunter
09-25-18, 16:50
Hoping they decide to MOS this version.

Vandal
09-25-18, 17:14
Hoping they decide to MOS this version.
I think we'll see MOS Gen5 17s and 19s first. Personally, I'd rather mill my slide.

ARx3
09-25-18, 17:55
I think we'll see MOS Gen5 17s and 19s first. Personally, I'd rather mill my slide.
Her you go. New Gen 5 G 17 MOS FS and G19 MOS FS

https://us.glock.com/pistols?filter=mos%20compatible

PatrioticDisorder
09-25-18, 19:01
Just a quick question. I’ve recently seen a YouTube review (Sootch) of the G45 and was amazed by the consistency of ejection. My Gen 2 19 and Gen 4 17 have been extremely reliable with most ammo. However I would be lying if I said that the ejection is always picture perfect. But the Fiocchi 115 gr in the video seem to fly out of the G45 in nice long arcs.
Did Glock address the sometimes erratic ejection in the new models?

All the Gen5s eject brass smoothly, 19x as well, it really started with the G43.... the fixed ejection patter is the best selling point of the Gen5s IMO, my only very small complaint is the cutout on the bottom of the 19, but it’s not really a big issue.

hile
09-25-18, 19:06
I don't think I will likely get one of these unless I had a requirement for a black pistol by policy somewhere. What I will be buying, however, is a G19 MOS Gen5 as soon as it's available red label and trading my G19 Gen4 for it most likely. Whether I'll do the same with my Gen5 G17 is up for debate.

.45fmjoe
09-25-18, 19:34
All the Gen5s eject brass smoothly, 19x as well, it really started with the G43.... the fixed ejection patter is the best selling point of the Gen5s IMO, my only very small complaint is the cutout on the bottom of the 19, but it’s not really a big issue.Not necessarily. I have a 19 Gen 5 that has gone back to Smyrna twice. It ejects beautifully until the last round. Once the magazine is empty, ejection goes to shit. They've replaced the slide stop twice and the slide cover plate once. The second time they claim they put G17 mag springs in the 19 mags. Still ejects the last round all effed up.

26 Inf
09-25-18, 22:12
Not necessarily. I have a 19 Gen 5 that has gone back to Smyrna twice. It ejects beautifully until the last round. Once the magazine is empty, ejection goes to shit. They've replaced the slide stop twice and the slide cover plate once. The second time they claim they put G17 mag springs in the 19 mags. Still ejects the last round all effed up.

Please explain what you mean by this: Once the magazine is empty, ejection goes to shit in terms of what it does.

Thanks.

.45fmjoe
09-26-18, 03:42
Please explain what you mean by this: Once the magazine is empty, ejection goes to shit in terms of what it does.

Thanks.The last casing ejects completely erratically. Back towards my face, completely vertically or even over the left side of the gun. Like I said, it goes to shit!

NYH1
09-26-18, 18:59
Came across this-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyf1DaiKpOg

MountainRaven
09-27-18, 14:11
Came across this-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyf1DaiKpOg

I hope the Gen5 MOS/FCS guns still have the half moon cutout.

ETA: Just watched the TFB video on the Gen5 19/17 MOS pistols and they don't have the half-moon cut. Boo, Glock, boo.

RAM Engineer
09-27-18, 14:22

It's easier to add the cutout if you want it, than to remove it if you don't.

Also, I'd probably rather have my gun milled than go the MOS route after reading about the difference in optic failure rates between the two options.

Front serrations are meh to me. I'm fine either way, but I don't use them.

I would rather have a black G45 than a black 19x.
I would probably rather have a tan G45 than a tan 19X now.

parishioner
09-27-18, 15:12

ETA: Just watched the TFB video on the Gen5 19/17 MOS pistols and they don't have the half-moon cut. Boo, Glock, boo.

Based on Glocks website, it appears the 17 MOS has the cutout while the 19 MOS does not.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180927/82efe907f046590a3f00921f6ee4d0ec.png

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180927/180e7952c3d595b9a9c07d0ef71e92f8.png

Texaspoff
09-27-18, 16:11
Based on Glocks website, it appears the 17 MOS has the cutout while the 19 MOS does not.

That's funny if they did leave it on the 17. The cutout never bothered me on the 17 or the 5th Gen 19 as the flared magwell kept my finger clear.

I actually added a small version of the cutout when I modified my 19X frame to work with 5th Gen magazines. I had the advantage of controlling how much to cutout, and while I have never had to strip a mag out of a Glock, at least I still can if the need arises. Never hurts to have options.

https://i.imgur.com/deHDksu.jpg?2

And yes even though it's black it is a 19X.

https://i.imgur.com/DULjx4i.jpg

Plus the 19X roll mark looks better in black....:)

TXPO

hotrodder636
09-27-18, 20:58
I am very pleased with my G34/5 and the G19/5 MOS is likely my next non-CZ purchase.

drtywk
09-28-18, 18:16
I picked up a Blue Label 45 today, as well as a G19 Gen5 MOS. The best part is that the slides are interchangeable, so I will get a chance to run my RMR on the G45, before I decide whether or not to send it off to ATEi to get the slide cut for an RMR, along with my 19X. I will more than like be putting an Aimpoint ACRO P1 on the MOS. I am excited to get to the range with them, as soon as time provides.

RHINOWSO
09-28-18, 18:24
Was about to get a 19X (almost bought one over the last couple of months) but when the G45 came out I figured go for it.

Tigereye
09-28-18, 20:03
Was about to get a 19X (almost bought one over the last couple of months) but when the G45 came out I figured go for it.

I literally found out about the G45 on the day I was planning to pick up the 19x.

RHINOWSO
09-28-18, 20:08
I literally found out about the G45 on the day I was planning to pick up the 19x.

Brownells had a $70 off coupon for awhile that had the G19X at $540 shipped, I almost caved the (3 weeks ago) and had been on the hunt the last couple of days. But then the G45 popped and all the attributes, PLUS the fact I could get it without GNS made it a no brainer for me.

It’s my first Gen5 type Glock, we’ll see how it does and if I can get a G19 Gen 5 sans the half moon, I’ll liked replace one of my Gen 4s with one, unless I really take to carrying the G45.

recon
09-28-18, 21:07
Not sure why they weren't talked about in any releases yet, but gen 5 17 and 19 MOS pistols are up on Glock's site. With front serrations.

https://www.all4shooters.com/en/Shooting/pistols/GLOCK-45-Crossover-and-G17-G19-Gen5-MOS-features/

recon
09-28-18, 21:10

It's here on this picture.
https://us.glock.com/-/media/glock/glockus/g19-gen5-mos-fs/g19gen5mosfs.png

Also a good vid on the 17 MOS and 19 MOS models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=QGmwYGvMH1w

PatrioticDisorder
09-28-18, 21:43

They should just change over all Gen 5 19s to no cut out, it’s universally disliked.

drtywk
09-28-18, 22:42
They should just change over all Gen 5 19s to no cut out, it’s universally disliked.

This is already happening. Expect them to be in stores in the coming days/weeks.

recon
09-28-18, 22:44
Where did you see that at?

MountainRaven
09-28-18, 23:45

You might want to look up the definition of, "universally."

drtywk
09-29-18, 00:27
Where did you see that at?

Came directly from Glock, as well as the LE dealer I picked my 45 and Gen5 MOS from.

recon
09-29-18, 09:08
Well if that's true then that would be a huge game changer! I guess we will see if so in the coming days. I would think that if they do this then it might kill those sales for the MOS models. Kind of surprised no one on the Glock Talk forum has mentioned this yet?

recon
09-29-18, 21:11

According to the GT Dist site they have the gen5 17 MOS and it shows no cut out. So hopefully that is correct and the picture is wrong. I don't think you would add a cutout to a new model.
https://d38lnq9a5s43t6.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/g/1/g17_gen5_fs_mos_hero_framefix.jpg

RHINOWSO
09-29-18, 22:55
Yeah, glad to see the cut go. Add your own if you want. As soon as they make Gen5 G19s (non-MOS) like that, I’ll likely buy one.

seb5
09-30-18, 07:38
Ok I bought mine yesterday so they have arrived. They come with or without nite sites. I'm seriously looking at making a transition from 22/23 in my agency next year to the 45. I can't take possession till the 6th based on an agreement with Glock and/or the distributors. But I was able to handle it and put my paws on it. FWIW this was at a local dealer, not my blue label dealer so I'm paying a bit more than blue label.

seb5
09-30-18, 07:53
Computer hiccuped and I double tapped

drtywk
09-30-18, 12:50
I picked mine up on Thursday, along with the new Gen5 19 MOS. I guess it depends on your dealer.

https://beta-static.photobucket.com/images/d117/gearguy8654/s0/6fc4a9dd-4d45-4497-95f1-9e5bf2abb890-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

VIP3R 237
09-30-18, 13:12
Picked up a G19 Gen5 MOS yesterday, then threw the slide on my 19X. Perfect Glock imo

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1969/44293593934_7df60abf49_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2au5fj3)
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1927/44293594234_f43cc0946a_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2au5fpd)

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-30-18, 14:07
I HATE that I bought a Gen 4 19 MOS literally 2 weeks ago. Now I've gotta buy a Gen 5 19 MOS because it's literally everything I wanted the Gen 4 to be....

bobbytucson
09-30-18, 21:36
ill stick with the 19x since the slide and barrel is machined out of a harder bomb proof steel for almost the same price

RAM Engineer
09-30-18, 22:05
ill stick with the 19x since the slide and barrel is machined out of a harder bomb proof steel for almost the same price

First I’ve heard of that. Got a source?

VIP3R 237
09-30-18, 23:01

First I’ve heard of that. Got a source?

Same. I think the finish is different (Pvd vs ndlc) but the material is the same.

El_Chingon
09-30-18, 23:07
I am not a Glock fanboy, but I am turning into a G19X fan boy. the G45 looks cool, but the 19X just looks better with the baby shit color. lol

hile
10-01-18, 07:51
Once I see what red label pricing is on the 17MOS Gen5 and 19MOS Gen 5, my Gen4 G19 and Gen5 G17 will each be traded for the Gen 5 MOS variant.

.45fmjoe
10-01-18, 07:59
Same. I think the finish is different (Pvd vs ndlc) but the material is the same.PVD and nDLC are the same.

Texaspoff
10-01-18, 09:47
Same. I think the finish is different (Pvd vs ndlc) but the material is the same.

DLC and Glocks nDLC are coatings, Diamond Like Carbon, applied via PVD. Physical Vapor Deposition.

This explains them pretty well.

http://www.fischer-technology.com/en/united-states/solutions/pvd-cvd-dlc-hard-material-coatings/

TXPO

drtywk
10-01-18, 13:40
Once I see what red label pricing is on the 17MOS Gen5 and 19MOS Gen 5, my Gen4 G19 and Gen5 G17 will each be traded for the Gen 5 MOS variant.

Red Label price on the G19 Gen5 MOS is $589/$590 at my LE dealer.

hile
10-01-18, 16:36
Red Label price on the G19 Gen5 MOS is $589/$590 at my LE dealer.

Thanks. That's about what I was expecting.

VIP3R 237
10-01-18, 16:42
Thanks for the clarification gents

PVD and nDLC are the same.

DLC and Glocks nDLC are coatings, Diamond Like Carbon, applied via PVD. Physical Vapor Deposition.

This explains them pretty well.

http://www.fischer-technology.com/en/united-states/solutions/pvd-cvd-dlc-hard-material-coatings/

TXPO

RHINOWSO
10-01-18, 19:10
Looking forward to getting mine tomorrow.

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-01-18, 19:16
Although I don't currently own any Glocks (or anything plastic or striker fired, weirdly), I am impressed that Glock is responding to customer input. Say what you will about SIG and Springfield (and there is a lot to be said), the have raised the bar and a lot of companies are actually listening to their customers. Even H&K, one of the deafest of all companies, seems to listen some these days.

I had a Gen 5 19 for a while and it ran great until the trigger bar started disintegrating and the trigger pull got crunchy. I presume my problem has been addressed. I might have to look at one of the G19 MOS when one pops up around here.

Texaspoff
10-02-18, 13:07
Although I don't currently own any Glocks (or anything plastic or striker fired, weirdly), I am impressed that Glock is responding to customer input. Say what you will about SIG and Springfield (and there is a lot to be said), the have raised the bar and a lot of companies are actually listening to their customers. Even H&K, one of the deafest of all companies, seems to listen some these days.

I had a Gen 5 19 for a while and it ran great until the trigger bar started disintegrating and the trigger pull got crunchy. I presume my problem has been addressed. I might have to look at one of the G19 MOS when one pops up around here.

I had the same problem pop up in one of my earlier 5th Gen G19's. I have four 19X's currently and one of them just went over 6k round count and I have not had a single issue. The others are much lower, but none of them have had problems either. I think Glock had a bad run of trigger bars that made it out. I haven't seen or heard of any of the newer guns having problems.

TXPO

RHINOWSO
10-02-18, 16:17
Honestly part of the 'listening to the customer' is likely due to the political environment in the States.

Back when demand was high, companies could crank out whatever and people would buy.

Now that things are more even keel, I think companies realize they need to be more responsive to customers in order to get their $$$.

And OT, I just brought home my G45. Very nice, looks like all the other posted here. Likely shoot later this week after the Agent Sights come in.

Nightstalker865
10-05-18, 14:44
Picked up a G45 with the AmeriGlo sights on it today. I had been really wanting a G19X since they were released, but held out because I kept hearing this was coming. Very glad I did. It is the perfect Glock in my opinion.

I actually really like the finger grooves so I won’t be replacing any of my Gen 4’s, but I think they have finally got the Gen 5’s right. Off to the range on Mon to break her in.

arptsprt
10-05-18, 15:11
I picked mine up from my LGS about two hours ago too.

I went with the Glock NS. I got the good guy deal and he gave me the same price as standard plastic sights, so no brainer. I’m not usually a fan of the GNS but this set has a longer rear and the notch is wider. I compared it to my “spare” 19X that’s unshot. I replaced the stock GNS on my other 19X with Dawson FO. I have over 3000 through this 19X and love it. Zero issues and I’m surprised how well the finish is holding up.

I think I may actually like this set of GNS. Hope it’s as good as my 19X.

Heading to the range shortly to run it.

dirkmagurk
10-09-18, 10:54
Picked up a G45 Friday and immediately had an issue. I was running some dry fire drills using snap caps and noticed it was extremely difficult to manually eject/extract them. I then loaded a magazine with a few different types of live ammunition i.e. Speer, Federal, MEN and experienced the same issue. The rounds will chamber fine but when attempting to manually eject/extract the round, the slide hits a sticking point just before ejection, at that point it takes a considerable amount of force to actually get the round to eject/extract. I disassembled the pistol and inspected it for any noticeable problems. The only thing that was out of the ordinary was a groove/channel machined into the left side of the breech face. I have never seen this on any Glock prior to the G45 including several other gen 5 pistols. After contacting Glock about the issue they sent a prepaid label and I shipped it out yesterday. The Glock rep couldn't tell me anything about the groove without actually seeing the pistol. While I am waiting to hear back from Glock I am curious if any of you G45 owners have the same issue or if your pistol has the same groove/channel. I have attached a picture of the channel/groove for reference, any feedback is much appreciated! 54070

Sam
10-09-18, 12:26
Although I don't currently own any Glocks (or anything plastic or striker fired, weirdly), ..

You sir are a hater !

RHINOWSO
10-09-18, 14:11
While I am waiting to hear back from Glock I am curious if any of you G45 owners have the same issue or if your pistol has the same groove/channel. I have attached a picture of the channel/groove for reference, any feedback is much appreciated! 54070

Mine has that groove and went 250 for 250 in it's first outing this past weekend. with Winchester 124gr NATO ball and Federal 147gr +P HST.

dirkmagurk
10-09-18, 16:08
Mine has that groove and went 250 for 250 in it's first outing this past weekend. with Winchester 124gr NATO ball and Federal 147gr +P HST.

Glock contacted me today, going forward all 9mm pistols will have that notch. The rep told me it was designed to help with the erratic ejection some pistols were having. Have you had any issues clearing the chamber by hand? My pistol was hanging up when performing clearance drills.

VIP3R 237
10-09-18, 17:02
Glock contacted me today, going forward all 9mm pistols will have that notch. The rep told me it was designed to help with the erratic ejection some pistols were having. Have you had any issues clearing the chamber by hand? My pistol was hanging up when performing clearance drills.

Interesting. My 19x doesn’t have it but my gen5 19 mos does.

RHINOWSO
10-09-18, 19:44
Have you had any issues clearing the chamber by hand? My pistol was hanging up when performing clearance drills.
No issue at all.

RHINOWSO
10-09-18, 19:44

Recall the G19X is just the Glock MHS submission sans manual safety, not a true Gen 5

arptsprt
10-09-18, 19:56
Mine has the notch. Never noticed it. Glock 19x does not have it.

My G45 has been a good shooter so far. Picked it up last Friday and have put just over 200 rounds through it as of yesterday.

100% so far. Good, consistent ejection. Mostly CCI Brass Blazer 115 gr and some Federal HST 124 gr.

Nightstalker865
10-09-18, 20:59

Maybe this explains why the these new models are absolutely slinging brass compared to the G19X.

Good to see they are continuing to roll in the updates.

RHINOWSO
10-10-18, 09:27
Yeah my G45 slings brass to about 3:30 o'clock at 10 or more feet.

My G19.4 burbles them out from 2-5 o'clock from 0-5 feet.

SeriousStudent
10-10-18, 19:42
I have a Gen5 G19 MOS, and it ejects brass quite briskly. I watched a G45 shoot last weekend, and it hurled brass like chicken bones out of a double-wide.

recon
10-10-18, 19:59
Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post

This is already happening. Expect them to be in stores in the coming days/weeks.

Still hopefully waiting for this to happen.

Texaspoff
10-10-18, 21:01
Same with the G45 I have for T&E right now. The brass absolutely flies out of it. I didn't really pay attention to it until I saw a few vids on the G45 and though wow that brass is really moving out. Watched the brass today while another instructor was shooting it, and I can with a fair amount of confidence say Glock has addressed the dribbling brass issue.

Mine also has the notch and clearing a round from the chamber isn't a problem.

TXPO

Mozart
10-11-18, 00:45
I called my LGS today to see if they got one of these in blue label, and they did, but: both came with a broken front sight. So Glock is sending out replacements for their armorer to install. HTF does that happen on a NIB pistol?

Coal Dragger
10-11-18, 02:12
Handled one the other day, if I were buying a Glock it would be a G45. They seem to have fixed the only major complaint I had with the G19 by filling in the bottom front portion of the grip.

Wake27
10-11-18, 03:07
I’m really glad to see Glock making all of these changes, finally. Hopefully by the time I get back to the mainland there will be an MOS version of the G45. Still want to try the new M&P 2.0C as well though.

RMiller
10-11-18, 11:17
I’m really glad to see Glock making all of these changes, finally. Hopefully by the time I get back to the mainland there will be an MOS version of the G45. Still want to try the new M&P 2.0C as well though.

I'd be down for a MOS version of the G45.

Mozart
10-11-18, 12:06
Handled one the other day, if I were buying a Glock it would be a G45. They seem to have fixed the only major complaint I had with the G19 by filling in the bottom front portion of the grip.

The G19 gen5 MOS does not have that half-moon cutout at the bottom front of the grip. And some have said that going forward, all new G19 gen5s’ will be minus the cutout as well, unconfirmed.

drtywk
10-11-18, 12:56
Two Glock reps that I know have both stated that the Gen5 19 will now come without the front cutout. They weren't sure when they would start shipping though.

I have the Gen5 19 MOS and the 45 and I really like both pistols. I am planning on getting my 45 cut for an RMR by Doug at ATEi, as well as my 19X and will be putting Parker Mountain Machine Gen5 Comps on both. I really prefer the cnc milled optic cutout to the MOS, but in saying that, my Gen5 19 MOS will be getting the new Aimpoint ACRO P1 when it comes out.

If anyone is interested in a Gen 3 19 Roland Special that was done by ATEi, let me know. I am going to be selling it to fund the custom work and optics on my 45, 19X and a Gen5 17.

RHINOWSO
10-11-18, 14:54
Good news on the G19 Gen 5 and the deletion of the cutout.

I'll be waiting to get one after they have hit the streets.

Coal Dragger
10-11-18, 15:02
The G19 gen5 MOS does not have that half-moon cutout at the bottom front of the grip. And some have said that going forward, all new G19 gen5s’ will be minus the cutout as well, unconfirmed.

That and the modification for more positive ejection are moves in the right direction.

Still not a Glock owner, but they’re slowly growing on me.

Vandal
10-11-18, 20:11
I'd be down for a MOS version of the G45.

I didn't wait. Picked up a G19.5 MOS and put the slide assembly on my G19X. It's pretty much perfect.

pag23
10-12-18, 19:05
Two Glock reps that I know have both stated that the Gen5 19 will now come without the front cutout. They weren't sure when they would start shipping though.

I have the Gen5 19 MOS and the 45 and I really like both pistols. I am planning on getting my 45 cut for an RMR by Doug at ATEi, as well as my 19X and will be putting Parker Mountain Machine Gen5 Comps on both. I really prefer the cnc milled optic cutout to the MOS, but in saying that, my Gen5 19 MOS will be getting the new Aimpoint ACRO P1 when it comes out.

If anyone is interested in a Gen 3 19 Roland Special that was done by ATEi, let me know. I am going to be selling it to fund the custom work and optics on my 45, 19X and a Gen5 17.

Hmm.. No cut out? i might have to pick up a Gen 5 now...

recon
10-12-18, 23:17
Lets hope it's soon.

RHINOWSO
10-13-18, 13:14
Closing in on 400rds through mine, no issues with OEM 17/19, PMAG17/21, or ETS22rd magazine.

Ammo has been Winchester 124gr NATO, Fiocchi 115, Wolf 115, and a bit of Federal HST 147gr +p. Cleaned on lubed the first time out but forget today. 397rds exactly.

I liked the POA-POI with the Winchester NATO stuff today, I'm still undecided on the Agents Gen 5 vs non-Gen 5 sights but when a Brownells ships my backorder I'll get to the bottom of it.

Just need some Talons to grip it up a little bit more.

Rogue556
10-13-18, 15:50
I'm glad to hear the feedback on these. I've been holding off on owning a Glock for years simply because I didn't want to send off a brand new gun for modifications I wanted done from the factory (I can not stand the finger bump and didn't want the BTF issues).

I shoot them well enough but they just weren't my preference in comparison to my HK's, Sig's, etc.. With that said, The Gen 5 G19 MOS looks to be the answer to everything I disliked about Glock.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

ST911
10-13-18, 16:47
Got a G45, opened the box, filled the magazines, and started shooting. 463 rounds without malfunction off-hand, SHO, and WHO. 10 different loads, a couple of basic loads of duty ammo. Shoots and handles like a G19X in almost every way. I can take or leave the mag well flare. Jury is out on the front slide serrations. Trigger is excellent. No malfunctions with TLR-7 installed. “Fails” the 1911 extractor test, stovepipes 20-30% of the time. When it doesn’t stovepipe cases eject from the port, none down the mag well. Ejection with Federal AE9FP and Barnes-loaded TAC-XP is erratic with several cases to the top of my head, forearm, or face. The Barnes feels like it’s barely cycling and all aspects of lockup can be felt. Sights were centered in the dovetail and gun is POA/POI at 25yds. Overall, a nice backup pistol to my 19X, but won’t be replacing it.

Plans: Install Ameriglo Agents. Replace gen5 mag floorplates with earlier version. Replace supplied mag release with OEM extended #8794 as on 19X and 19M. No more G17s, all future full sized grips will be G45 or G19X where coyote is allowed.

Wake27
10-13-18, 17:29
Got a G45, opened the box, filled the magazines, and started shooting. 463 rounds without malfunction off-hand, SHO, and WHO. 10 different loads, a couple of basic loads of duty ammo. Shoots and handles like a G19X in almost every way. I can take or leave the mag well flare. Jury is out on the front slide serrations. Trigger is excellent. No malfunctions with TLR-7 installed. “Fails” the 1911 extractor test, stovepipes 20-30% of the time. When it doesn’t stovepipe cases eject from the port, none down the mag well. Ejection with Federal AE9FP and Barnes-loaded TAC-XP is erratic with several cases to the top of my head, forearm, or face. The Barnes feels like it’s barely cycling and all aspects of lockup can be felt. Sights were centered in the dovetail and gun is POA/POI at 25yds. Overall, a nice backup pistol to my 19X, but won’t be replacing it.

Plans: Install Ameriglo Agents. Replace gen5 mag floorplates with earlier version. Replace supplied mag release with OEM extended #8794 as on 19X and 19M. No more G17s, all future full sized grips will be G45 or G19X where coyote is allowed.

I didn’t think most guns other than the 1911 were supposed to pass the extractor test. But that’s a bummer about the ejection of those two loads, it seemed as if that stuff had been fixed.

ST911
10-13-18, 21:28
I didn’t think most guns other than the 1911 were supposed to pass the extractor test.

They're not, but it comes up often enough that I just checked and included it. Having done that test with dozens of others Gs in the last couple of years, I think this G45 is the first to not dump them down the well at all. I bet there's a load and rim dimension that will eventually do it though.

But that’s a bummer about the ejection of those two loads, it seemed as if that stuff had been fixed.

Most service autos exhibit such ejection given the right combination of variables. Whether or not it matters I leave to the end user. I don't care, as long as the gun completes the cycle of operations.

Todd.K
10-13-18, 21:39
No malfunctions with TLR-7 installed.

Interested in hearing some well used TLR-7 reviews, if you continue shooting with it please post an update when you feel it's "duty grade".

mkmckinley
10-14-18, 00:17
My take on the breech face relief cut/notch/whatever we're calling it:

The extractor pushes the rim of the case to the right into the notch. What this does during extraction is hold the case up against the breach face until the ejector has a chance to fully impact the case. This relationship is demonstrated in the picture below and is sufficient, with the slide oriented horizontally, to hold a 147gr HST without it dropping free. I believe the notch keeps the case from prematurely losing contact with the breech face and thus stealing some of the ejector's glory before it can fully impact the back of the case. Indeed, manipulating a case by hand under the ejector and then rotating the case counterclockwise in a simulated ejection results in a satisfying *snap* as the right side of the rim pops out of the notch.

If this is the case it should improve ejection consistency and overall reliability. Theoretically. None of my Gen5 Glocks have shown any issues in this regard. I wonder if high round counts will be enough to wear down the part of the notch that catches the case and end up making ejection worse. I'm not a metallurgist and couldn't guess how many brass cases that would take but steel cases might be another story. I'll be running brass in mine.

It also means we need to be disciplined when ejecting a live round to make sure we don't short stroke and end up putting that sucker right back into the chamber.

dirkmagurk
10-15-18, 18:42
Received my G45 back from Glock today and it still has the same issue. I did take it to the range and it functioned fine firing 300 rounds of various ammunition. That being said this pistol still hangs up when unloading by hand, unless you power stroke the slide. The Glock rep I spoke with told me that this is the case with all the 9mm pistols having this new notch. That these pistols were not designed to be unloaded easily by hand but that they must be aggressively cleared i.e. power stroked each time. The rep was very adamant about this. I have personally never experienced ejection issues with any Glock but understand that some have. In my opionion this notch is a poor “fix” for the problem. The only resistance encountered to clear the chamber should be that of overcoming the recoil spring. I have been shooting Glocks for 20 years and never had a problem clearing the chamber for any reason. If you have compromised grip strength, are an inexperienced shooter, or are injured this added resistance can cause a serious problem.

RHINOWSO
10-15-18, 19:08
Ah, I don't know what to tell you. I can grip the rear of my slide and pull back slowly and the G45 smoothly pulls back and eject the live round / snap cap.

But maybe I don't know my own strength (joke, I aint that strong).

.45fmjoe
10-15-18, 19:20
Received my G45 back from Glock today and it still has the same issue. I did take it to the range and it functioned fine firing 300 rounds of various ammunition. That being said this pistol still hangs up when unloading by hand, unless you power stroke the slide. The Glock rep I spoke with told me that this is the case with all the 9mm pistols having this new notch. That these pistols were not designed to be unloaded easily by hand but that they must be aggressively cleared i.e. power stroked each time. The rep was very adamant about this. I have personally never experienced ejection issues with any Glock but understand that some have. In my opionion this notch is a poor “fix” for the problem. The only resistance encountered to clear the chamber should be that of overcoming the recoil spring. I have been shooting Glocks for 20 years and never had a problem clearing the chamber for any reason. If you have compromised grip strength, are an inexperienced shooter, or are injured this added resistance can cause a serious problem.It is much preferable for a Glock to be harder to clear a live round than to have erratic ejection. This is a non-issue.

arptsprt
10-15-18, 19:47
Yeah. Same here. I have two G45. One passed 500 rds last weekend and the other just over 100. Both are easy and smooth to pull back the slide to manually eject a round.

Ah, I don't know what to tell you. I can grip the rear of my slide and pull back slowly and the G45 smoothly pulls back and eject the live round / snap cap.

But maybe I don't know my own strength (joke, I aint that strong).

dirkmagurk
10-15-18, 20:08
It is much preferable for a Glock to be harder to clear a live round than to have erratic ejection. This is a non-issue.

It may not be an issue for you. I don’t believe in sacrificing functionality of one aspect in order to correct the function of another. Every semi automatic pistol I’ve encountered has required only the force necessary to overcome the recoil spring resistance to clear the chamber.

Nightstalker865
10-15-18, 21:18
Glad to see these are running so well.

recon
10-15-18, 21:31
Have you tried different mags also to see if any change?

dirkmagurk
10-15-18, 21:39
Have you tried different mags also to see if any change?

Yes and several types of ammunition. It is not magazine related, Glock acknowledges that it is caused by the notch.

recon
10-15-18, 23:00
Well that is not good. Strange that other people that have these pistols aren't having any issues. You could have a bad made pistol.

HackerF15E
10-20-18, 09:04
There's a poster on TOS who is reporting the same difficulty in hand-ejecting, so supports the idea that it is a result of the design, not a quality control issue.

RHINOWSO
10-20-18, 12:32
There's a poster on TOS who is reporting the same difficulty in hand-ejecting, so supports the idea that it is a result of the design, not a quality control issue.

We sure it's not the same poster?

Pi3
10-20-18, 19:49

I bought a spare trigger bar for my G19/5 based on you problem.
I would get a G17/5 instead of the G45.
They should have made the G45 a full size single stack .45acp and made this the G46.

Wake27
10-20-18, 20:42
I bought a spare trigger bar for my G19/5 based on you problem.
I would get a G17/5 instead of the G45.
They should have made the G45 a full size single stack .45acp and made this the G46.

I highly doubt a significant part of the population wants a single stack Glock in .45.

Pi3
10-20-18, 22:02
Probably. But maybe they could have come up with some variation of the .45 that would be popular.

MountainRaven
10-20-18, 23:25
Probably. But maybe they could have come up with some variation of the .45 that would be popular.

That would require 45 to be popular.

Wake27
10-20-18, 23:39

Exactly, .45 is really only around nowadays for iconic guns that were designed for it, like America's hand gun.

RHINOWSO
10-21-18, 08:38

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

HackerF15E
10-21-18, 14:47

There are two people in the thread reporting it, so that would be a pretty good trick.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/passed-the-500-rnd-mark-G45/13-185263/

FWIW, on my G45 I have the same issue, but the rate at which I pull the slide is the determining factor. If I slowly pull the slide aft, it will stop moving aft with the round about 90% out and not eject. If I move the slide a little faster/harder, the slide will travel back just a but further and eject the round.

Has nothing to do with the chamber, as the cartridge isn't even contacting the chamber when the slide stops moving.

bsspencer42
10-21-18, 17:58
Hello all, I just posted in the AR15 forum this afternoon about the ejection issues. I'm not the OP on that thread but I just wanted to let you all know that I did contribute to the discussion over there. I learned from this forum that I am not the only one with this issue and from the link to the GT forum that the issue is related to the notch in the breech face. I joined about a week ago but I had to wait for my account to get validated to be able to post. Thank you all for noticing this!

There is some variability to this issue from gun to gun as I have discovered experimenting with snap caps on about 6 different guns (including my own). Mine is so bad that even pulling the slide aggressively backward will result in the slide getting jammed up. I sent my gun in to Glock early last week and I'm still waiting on a solution. They have said that all G45 and Gen 5 17/19 MOS guns have this issue to a varying degree.

bsspencer42
10-21-18, 18:04

To shed some light on this I'll let you know what I did what I first noticed this as an issue. I individually swapped the following parts and did a function check for each of the following parts with my Glock 19 Gen 4: Recoil spring, barrel, extractor, extractor spring. In addition, I put the G45 slide on my G19 frame to test to see if this could be an issue with the ejector. The issue was still present in all of these configurations, which leads me to believe that the common variable is the slide (breech face notch).

dirkmagurk
10-21-18, 18:05
There are two people in the thread reporting it, so that would be a pretty good trick.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/passed-the-500-rnd-mark-G45/13-185263/

FWIW, on my G45 I have the same issue, but the rate at which I pull the slide is the determining factor. If I slowly pull the slide aft, it will stop moving aft with the round about 90% out and not eject. If I move the slide a little faster/harder, the slide will travel back just a but further and eject the round.

Has nothing to do with the chamber, as the cartridge isn't even contacting the chamber when the slide stops moving.
Not me, this is the only forum I’m on. I am still dealing with Glock about this issue, they acknowledge that it is caused by the notch recently added to the left side of the breech face. I know it may seem to some like a non issue. The problem I have with it is when I’m running failure drills. If you don’t power stroke the slide just right on my pistol then it will not eject the round. Imagine a situation where someone maybe injured, under stress, have compromised grip strength or require manipulation of the slide single handed and need to eject a bad round or clear another type of malfunction. In a situation like that will they be able to manipulate the slide to eject a bad round expeditiously? I can tell you from experience, I’ve seen numerous people screw this up during training exercises on bright sunny days shooting at paper using pistols that will eject a round no matter how fast or slow you retract the slide. IMO this is unacceptable and introduces another possibility for failure.

dirkmagurk
10-21-18, 18:06

Not me, I don’t even know what the **** a TOS is.

artoter
10-21-18, 18:17
So it's a black 19X with a Gen5 flared magwell and forward cocking serrations?

Kinda what I thought. I have the Gen 5 G19, and I can say I like it about the same as my G42 and Gen 4 G26...no more, no less. I do not like those forward cocking grooves on that G45 though. Butt ugly.

bsspencer42
10-21-18, 18:43
Not me, this is the only forum I’m on. I am still dealing with Glock about this issue, they acknowledge that it is caused by the notch recently added to the left side of the breech face. I know it may seem to some like a non issue. The problem I have with it is when I’m running failure drills. If you don’t power stroke the slide just right on my pistol then it will not eject the round. Imagine a situation where someone maybe injured, under stress, have compromised grip strength or require manipulation of the slide single handed and need to eject a bad round or clear another type of malfunction. In a situation like that will they be able to manipulate the slide to eject a bad round expeditiously? I can tell you from experience, I’ve seen numerous people screw this up during training exercises on bright sunny days shooting at paper using pistols that will eject a round no matter how fast or slow you retract the slide. IMO this is unacceptable and introduces another possibility for failure.

What is very surprising to me is that none of the popular YouTubers or respected review sites that I have seen even mention this change at all. At the very best they tip their hat to the ejection pattern.

Can anyone think of any other handgun on the market that jams up if you don't powerstroke the slide when you go to eject a live round?

Wake27
10-21-18, 19:06
What is very surprising to me is that none of the popular YouTubers or respected review sites that I have seen even mention this change at all. At the very best they tip their hat to the ejection pattern.

Can anyone think of any other handgun on the market that jams up if you don't powerstroke the slide when you go to eject a live round?

This isn’t exactly a prevalent issue at this point - there are two guys who have issues. Plus I don’t know if many popular/respected channels that have dedicated reviews out yet because these guns are still pretty new.

bsspencer42
10-21-18, 19:17
This isn’t exactly a prevalent issue at this point - there are two guys who have issues. Plus I don’t know if many popular/respected channels that have dedicated reviews out yet because these guns are still pretty new.

GuNuT and gunwolf from TOS have reported this as an issue as well as myself and dirkmagurk. This confirms at least 4 cases of this issue.

As far as reviews, I have seen Sootch, MrGunsNGear, MAC, GlockStore and many other lower subscriber channels of which none mentioned the redesign. None of the major dealers in my area were aware of the difference in the breech face either. There are, of course, other respected/popular channels that still do not have reviews out yet though to your point.

Wake27
10-21-18, 19:20
GuNuT and gunwolf from TOS have reported this as an issue as well as myself and dirkmagurk. This confirms at least 4 cases of this issue.

As far as reviews, I have seen Sootch, MrGunsNGear, MAC, GlockStore and many other lower subscriber channels of which none mentioned the redesign. None of the major dealers in my area were aware of the difference in the breech face either. There are, of course, other respected/popular channels that still do not have reviews out yet though to your point.

I thought there was more overlap in the members posting. But MrG&G only did a first shots video. He and GarandThumb are the two that I really trust to thoroughly vet the products first, YMMV.

HackerF15E
10-21-18, 19:52
Not me, I don’t even know what the **** a TOS is.

"The Other Site", the other black rifle forum that remains nameless here.

HackerF15E
10-21-18, 19:53

And me, in post 139.

HackerF15E
10-21-18, 19:56

The situation we are talking about here is not the definition of a "jam", FWIW.

bsspencer42
10-21-18, 20:13
The situation we are talking about here is not the definition of a "jam", FWIW.

Sorry, you are correct. Thanks for catching that. With that said, I think this would be more of a “lock-up” situation? Correct me if I’m still using the wrong terminology.

So we have 5 confirmed unique cases now. However, the reason that I don’t have a “fixed” gun now is because Glock has no way to fix this issue at this time and this issue is present on all G45s. They confirmed this with me last week. They identified this as a “quirk,” but did not say what their plan is for now. So dirkmagurk and I are both in limbo waiting for a new gun to be sent to us without this issue.

Pi3
10-21-18, 21:56

Jeff Cooper must be rotating counter clockwise in his grave. I didn't know. Back in the day, you weren't a real man if you shot anything less than a .45.

MountainRaven
10-21-18, 22:06
Jeff Cooper must be rotating counter clockwise in his grave. I didn't know. Back in the day, you weren't a real man if you shot anything less than a .45.

45 Auto is my favorite pistol cartridge and my favorite pistol shoots it.

But the fact of the matter is that handguns in 9mm probably outsell handguns in 45 Auto by a ratio of 10:1 or more. And with good reason, given the difference in pricing for the ammunition, never mind the practical benefits of a 9mm: Same terminal effectiveness, less recoil, more ammunition on board, &c.

And I'd imagine Jeff Cooper's corpse started rotating counter-clockwise once his former students and instructors (Ken Hackathorn, Clint Smith, Gabe Suarez) started shooting and carrying 9mms as often or more often than 45s. If not then, than once his beloved 1911's last military bastion (MARSOC) fell to the mighty 9x19mm G19.

Mrgunsngear
10-24-18, 23:32

I haven't had the "issue" yet but I'll discuss it in my full review for sure. I did discuss the changes to the system on the G19X to mitigate BTF issues which I think a lot of folks didn't know about either.

https://youtu.be/bcJVAfY1IR8

bsspencer42
10-24-18, 23:56
[QUOTE=Mrgunsngear;2670011]I haven't had the "issue" yet but I'll discuss it in my full review for sure. I did discuss the changes to the system on the G19X to mitigate BTF issues which I think a lot of folks didn't know about either.

[video=youtube_share;bcJVAfY1IR8]https://youtu.be/bcJVAfY1IR8[/video

Sounds good! I’ll PM you a video of what I’m talking about on Instagram.

bsspencer42
10-26-18, 17:20
Quick update. I’m still waiting on a replacement from Glock. They still don’t have an ETA, but I’ll post when I hear something back.

Biggy
10-27-18, 08:23
Are there any plain Gen 5 G19’s with front slide serrations and no front frame cutouts available yet ?

bsspencer42
10-27-18, 08:42
Are there any plain Gen 5 G19’s with front slide serrations and no front frame cutouts available yet ?

No and from I can tell it doesn’t seem that Glock is going to be changing this for awhile. They responded to someone who asked this on Instagram saying that they will announce all new products on Instagram.

recon
10-27-18, 10:41
Post's 62,65 and 108 give us hope on this. Will see. Could be after Shot Show.

RHINOWSO
10-27-18, 10:43

They probably have a bunch of cutout frames in the pipeline and would wait until they are mostly gone before changing.

I’ll stick with Gen 4 for now, not worth buying 2 Gen 5s and swapping the slides.

VIP3R 237
10-27-18, 12:09

Closest you can get is the gen5 19 mos

VIP3R 237
10-27-18, 12:10
Double post blah

556BlackRifle
10-28-18, 13:40
I picked up mine on Thursday. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get to the range to try it out yet. Sure feels great in the hand and the trigger on my example is better than my Gen5 19 or G19x. The rear sight is perfectly centered. I hope to be able to provide a range report as soon as I get back home.

RHINOWSO
10-30-18, 14:47

Only way to come close would be to buy a G19.5MOS and G45, then swap the slides.

Not remotely worth it to me, I like my G19.4 and just put a G19.4 FS slide on a converted G23 frame I got from an LE trade in batch.

But once the offer a plain jane G19 Gen 5 without the cutout (FS are a take it or leave it with me right now), I'll be buying.

recon
11-19-18, 18:20
Still waiting.

El Cid
11-19-18, 18:57

Your statement is 100% incorrect.

Spiffums
11-24-18, 23:06
This^

All mine glocks are Gen 2.5/ Gen 3 and a Gen 2 ish 24.

mkmckinley
11-25-18, 05:36

I can make any number of pistols “jam” with all poor weapon manipulation techniques including limp dicking the slide. Worrying about some obscure scenario where you’re somehow able to manipulate the weapon but unable to do so in a way tjat corrects your specific malfunctionnis goingnto apply to all firearms. Also I can’t think of too many reasons to clear a loaded chamber in any kindbof non-admin setting. The new Glock breech face design is a huge step in the right direction and corrects BTF, weak ejection, and ejection consistency keeping brass from hitting your RDS. If for some reason you can’t deal with the new spec there is no shortage of old Gen 3 and Gen 4 models to keep you happy.

Pi3
11-25-18, 15:43
At first, I couldn't see why this would be preferred to a G17, but now it occurred to me that this would be a good suppressor host or the basis for a Roland special.

recon
11-25-18, 23:22
I can make any number of pistols “jam” with all poor weapon manipulation techniques including limp dicking the slide. Worrying about some obscure scenario where you’re somehow able to manipulate the weapon but unable to do so in a way tjat corrects your specific malfunctionnis goingnto apply to all firearms. Also I can’t think of too many reasons to clear a loaded chamber in any kindbof non-admin setting. The new Glock breech face design is a huge step in the right direction and corrects BTF, weak ejection, and ejection consistency keeping brass from hitting your RDS. If for some reason you can’t deal with the new spec there is no shortage of old Gen 3 and Gen 4 models to keep you happy.

That about covers it!

dirkmagurk
12-11-18, 12:16
Guy at work recently turned me on to the Tango Down Vickers slide racker. This replaces the striker plate and provides additional surface area to assist in power stroking the slide. It has helped with training stoppage clearance in the 45 for me and guys at work I’ve had run it. If you personally have no issue with this then good for you, drive on. I nor anyone that I know who actually use Glock pistols for a living have ever had problems with erratic ejection or brass to head or face. We don’t study ejection patterns either, so long as the brass clears the chamber and the pistol continues to cycle we’re good to go.

recon
12-11-18, 13:54
May just have to try this out.
https://tangodown.com/vickers-tactical-slide-racker-gsr-03/

Freewilly5759
12-20-18, 15:32
May be a dumb question, but would a Glock 45 with a comp basically be a ported Glock 17?

ST911
12-20-18, 16:18
May be a dumb question, but would a Glock 45 with a comp basically be a ported Glock 17?

No. And I wouldn't expect anywhere near the reliability as a stock G45.

Pi3
12-20-18, 17:30
wouldn't the length be more like a G34?

recon
12-20-18, 18:07
No it would not.

lsllc
12-20-18, 18:43
No it would not.

My Roland Special fits my G34 holsters. Since the G45 is a 19-length slide, it would be the same.

Additionally, my G34 fits my Roland-specific RCS holster.

t1tan
12-20-18, 20:35
Depends on the comp used, most are 34 length on a 19 slide, others will bring the 19 to 17 length.

Mando
07-08-19, 19:12
I purchased both a G45 and a G19 Gen 5 MOS recently and BOTH have the same issue reported. If you rack it too slow the round gets hung up. I haven't had time to shoot them but will do soon. Has anyone else figured out a solution.

ST911
07-08-19, 19:29
I purchased both a G45 and a G19 Gen 5 MOS recently and BOTH have the same issue reported. If you rack it too slow the round gets hung up. I haven't had time to shoot them but will do soon. Has anyone else figured out a solution.

Operate the slide aggressively, in a manner consistent with the guns cycle of operation during live fire.

recon
07-08-19, 20:08
Old thread. Been addressed last year. What he said though.

amyacker
07-10-19, 06:01
What magazines are compatible with G45?

Wake27
07-10-19, 06:09
What magazines are compatible with G45?

Any G17 mags.

Texaspoff
07-10-19, 06:15
Any G17 mags.

Any and all G17 mags work with the G45's. Ooops...Dupe

TXPO

RWH24
07-10-19, 09:59
Any and all G17 mags work with the G45's. Ooops...Dupe

TXPO

Yes they do.

The 19X only works with Gen 1-4, NOT Gen 5 due to extended lip on Gen 5 mag bases

Texaspoff
07-10-19, 12:21
Yes they do.

The 19X only works with Gen 1-4, NOT Gen 5 due to extended lip on Gen 5 mag bases

My 19X's work with Gen 5 Mags...:shout:

https://i.imgur.com/ecdhYdK.jpg

But yes, unmodified ones don't..

TXPO

RWH24
07-10-19, 13:40
My 19X's work with Gen 5 Mags...:shout:

https://i.imgur.com/ecdhYdK.jpg

But yes, unmodified ones don't..

TXPO

CHOP CHOP :haha::dance3::thank_you2:

RMiller
07-12-19, 08:55
I've had one for a few months now. I have about 1,500rds through it and it's the best Glock I've ever owned.

400-500 of those rounds being in a 3 day match (in which I did fairly well).

It's stock other than the sights and a ..... grip plug.

I run it out of a Safariland holster.

My two cents on the pistol.

RWH24
07-12-19, 10:49
I've had one for a few months now. I have about 1,500rds through it and it's the best Glock I've ever owned.

400-500 of those rounds being in a 3 day match (in which I did fairly well).

It's stock other than the sights and a ..... grip plug.

I run it out of a Safariland holster.

My two cents on the pistol.

What grip plug and which holster model #

Thanks

tacticaldesire
07-15-19, 15:41
About 2200 rounds through mine now. Finish is finally starting to give (I don't care, some do). Holsters are Safariland 7360, 7378 and a Holsterco Stealth LB.

I like it, it's the nicest handling and balanced Glock I've shot and I've shot just about all of them. There's something to the 17 size frame and 19 slide. It just points. Can't really describe it.

asquared
08-03-19, 13:22
Have you had any issues with the front serrations getting hung up on the Safariland ALS system?

El_Chingon
08-03-19, 13:38
Have you had any issues with the front serrations getting hung up on the Safariland ALS system?

I have had no issues with my ALS and G45.

Texaspoff
08-03-19, 17:31

A few of our guys have reported issues with the front serrations dragging on the ALS holsters and some 19's and 17 with them.

The fix we use is to add a few pieces of velcro, the soft side to the ALS lock. It keep the slide just far enough away from the locking lugs to prevent hanging up. We have had no reported issues with the fix.

place a small piece of the velcro on this area.
https://i.imgur.com/Ej6H2BU.jpg

TXPO

ST911
08-03-19, 18:16

Front serrations grind on the ALS mechanism causing wear. A fix is in progress or available, I haven't kept track.

tacticaldesire
08-04-19, 06:51

I wouldn't call it a problem but things were a little snug on the 7360 but after about 50 draws things smoothed out and it's been smooth as glass.

RMiller
08-08-19, 09:04
What grip plug and which holster model #

Thanks

It was a Pearce Gen 5 plug I picked up at my LGS.

The holster is one of the newer Safariland 7377 ATS models. It was meant for a G17, but the G45 fits and locks fine.

I haven't had issues with it hanging up on the front serrations, not sure if that's due to it being a G17 holster or a newer holster design.

RWH24
08-12-19, 09:43

No, But it does use Glock Magazines

I just couldn't help myself.

VelveteenMole
09-01-19, 15:06
Operate the slide aggressively, in a manner consistent with the guns cycle of operation during live fire.

The issue is variable in severity and frequency from gun to gun and round to round depending on how the extracting brass shifts on the way out. The circumstances in which you may need to overcome it vary as well, including having wet, lubriciously contaminated, or dusty hands or an aforementioned injury, weakness, or occupation of your support hand.

The direct mechanical cause of this issue is the rim of the extracting brass stopping against the case mouth of the top round in the magazine. In Glocks without what I call the "Brass Control Cut," the issue appears to result from tolerance stacking among interactive surfaces of the barrel, slide, locking block, and potentially frame, which determine how far the rear of the barrel drops when unlocked, in combination with how far the feed lug depresses the top round of the mag before retracting behind that round. The shorter barrel of the G26 would seem to accentuate the issue as the shorter barrel length creates a slightly steeper unlocked barrel angle and thus a lower extent of the extracting rim to encourage loss of extractor control in the Glock's already marginal system who's extractor claw angle already encourages the brass to slip down. Furthermore, it's reasonable to conclude that even spent brass is more likely to experience this impingement during live extraction which can contribute to BTF instances of the straight-back-over-the-slide variety. The nick in the right lense of my shooting glasses dead center to my pupil reminds me why straight-back BTF is a problem on a CCW likely to be used in low light or indoors. That nick was from a Gen 3 G19, without this lockup issue, before an Apex FRE and stronger plunger spring were installed, so I can't assume it was the same cause, but the obvious mechanics suggest a pistol with the one issue would be more prone to that form of BTF.

I have a Gen4 G26 which exhibits this behavior and locks up HARD, often for around half or more of a magazine during dry extraction of live rounds. I was no slouch in the grip strength department, due to my job, at the time of investigating this issue, and as often as not my (dry and clean) hand would slip off the slide if using remotely typical grip force or, if death-gripping it, simply stop when this impingement occured until I literally beat the brass surfaces into visible submission with further attempts. I tried various name brand ammo and several Glock mags without success.

Glock took the gun back to investigate twice, claimed it worked fine and the issue was not reproducible, and that the issue as reported is not considered a defect as there should be no reason to manually eject a live round with the magazine in. My suggestion of Tap-Racks for FTFires was met simply with a repetition of the stance that it's not a defect. I was finally told my gun was in-spec, that they wouldn't investigate swapping major parts to improve the issue, and that was the end of it for them.

I got curious and found a rental Gen 5 G26 at a range and found it exhibited the same behavior to what I'd say was about 80% of my Gen4's severity. I do not know if it had a brass control cut as I didn't know to look for it on Glocks at the time.

I doubt anyone would argue against training Tap-Rack drills to clear FTFires due to duds or debris, and yet that broad and consistent capability to perform a Tap-Rack on a live round easily is not considered important by Glock.

With the addition if this brass control cut, per preceding accounts, it appears they set the centerpoint of the cut low enough to actually encourage the issue rather than bias it high enough to prevent it. The latter should be possible considering plenty of Glocks don't tend to exhibit the behavior without encouragement with fingers or shaking to cause the round to settle lower than inclined.

As I desperately want a fully functional G26 to replace my lower capacity and less shootable current EDC G43 (which has been utterly reliable for approaching 10k rounds), I guess I'll begin the hunt for perhaps a Gen 3 in hopes it's less prone, or simply a sample of any gen which manually cycles smoothly, but getting to "try before you buy" isn't so simple.

Finally, I'm curious if anyone has found Glocks with this brass control cut to be more inclined to stick out of battery if pushed out by the muzzle end with a round chambered, especially with the friction of a full mag to contribute. I know such a cut was a major factor in this notorious tendency with the Springfield XDS, so I'm curious if the unlocked alignment of the cut encourages the brass to stick the barrel at the unlocked elevation?

RMiller
09-04-19, 09:22
I added a G45 MOS, and like it a lot. My first red dot pistol:

https://i.imgur.com/d9WPgYx.jpg?1

RWH24
09-04-19, 23:23
I added a G45 MOS, and like it a lot. My first red dot pistol:

https://i.imgur.com/d9WPgYx.jpg?1

I'm using the APEX trigger and trigger bar with the factory connector.

Can't stand the finger pinch on OEM trigger shoe.