PDA

View Full Version : G17 Gen 3 RTF WIW?

NQNPIII
09-23-18, 18:02
Local kid has a Gen3 RTF 17. No box only 1 mag. Looks like new. Has the rear curved gills. Just trying to get a decent price. He doesn't know what he really has.

Thanks in advance!

sdacbob
09-23-18, 21:47
I bought a "new" Gen 3 RTF2 G17 from a gun store a couple weeks ago for $435. Came with 2 mags and a loader. 2-tone FDE frame, blackened slide.

NQNPIII
09-23-18, 22:00
I bought a "new" Gen 3 RTF2 G17 from a gun store a couple weeks ago for $435. Came with 2 mags and a loader. 2-tone FDE frame, blackened slide.

Sounds nice. Very nice! I told dude it wasn't a Gen4. Sent him pics of my ODG G417. Let'n the deal hang. I don't like the mag release on the 3's. Just looking to flip it if it is worth anything. I have 2 G417's. The other is FDE. Someday I could end up getting a black one :confused:

Keith E.
09-24-18, 13:12
Local kid has a Gen3 RTF 17. No box only 1 mag. Looks like new. Has the rear curved gills. Just trying to get a decent price. He doesn't know what he really has.

Thanks in advance!

"Sounds nice. Very nice! I told dude it wasn't a Gen4. Sent him pics of my ODG G417. Let'n the deal hang. I don't like the mag release on the 3's. Just looking to flip it if it is worth anything. I have 2 G417's. The other is FDE. Someday I could end up getting a black one"

So, are you asking for a value so you can hustle the kid or to offer him a fair price so you can flip it to help offset the cost of your FFL renewal? Asking for a friend.

Keith

NQNPIII
09-24-18, 13:23
"Sounds nice. Very nice! I told dude it wasn't a Gen4. Sent him pics of my ODG G417. Let'n the deal hang. I don't like the mag release on the 3's. Just looking to flip it if it is worth anything. I have 2 G417's. The other is FDE. Someday I could end up getting a black one"

So, are you asking for a value so you can hustle the kid or to offer him a fair price so you can flip it to help offset the cost of your FFL renewal? Asking for a friend.

Keith

When did I become a FFL? A fair price. It might be something I could hold on to that could increase in value. I bought a 2206S&W pistol that has never been fired. I have all the paper work on it. I'll never fire it. I didn't quibble on the asking price.

Being that there is no numbers matching box I doubt this would be anything other than a shooter. There is a lot of RTF's out there with all the accoutrements for his asking price with 1 mag. I told him I am interested in buying it. I wouldn't want to pay more than $325-350.

Sikiguya
10-07-18, 08:41
The going price I have seen is about $600 for a gen 3 rtf fishgill slides with nightsights. Probably $550 without. If you get it for $350 or do, you’d be doing well.

But I have to ask...is the kid so poor that he has no phone to look it up?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NQNPIII
10-07-18, 10:46
The going price I have seen is about $600 for a gen 3 rtf fishgill slides with nightsights. Probably $550 without. If you get it for $350 or do, you’d be doing well.

But I have to ask...is the kid so poor that he has no phone to look it up?

No box, no extra mag. Yes, he had a phone. He just wasn't knowledgeable of Glocks period. He was told by the previous owner it was a Gen4. He was trying to sell some other types of guns way over priced too. It is gone.

Talon167
10-07-18, 13:52

It's the gilled slide from the original run that makes them worth a little more. The gills never came on an OEM FDE frame.

Gilled slide G17 owner here... but I bought the gun to use, not collect.

PrarieDog
10-07-18, 23:19
I liked my RTF 2 with gills so much I bought a second. The gills and the stifling are great. About as aggressive as I would want to get.