PDA

View Full Version : Form 3, I thought they went quick

lazar
09-25-18, 07:33
I bought a m-10 from Ruben at DealerNFA and it's been a month and still no Form 3 to my dealer. I thought form 3's were taking about a week. Am I wrong? Can it take longer than a month?

MegademiC
09-25-18, 08:34
Mine took a few months.

Tx_Aggie
09-25-18, 11:19
Are you sure the Mac is still on an Form 3?

Others more knowledgeable than I please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen many (though not all) transferable machine guns are on Form 4s and so even transfers between dealers can take a while.

Bret
09-25-18, 12:07
Dealer to dealer transfers are on Form 3's. It doesn't matter whether they are machine guns or SBR's. A little over a year ago I bought my first machine gun. The dealer I bought it from sent in a paper Form 3. It took about a month and a half to be approved. More recently, I purchased another machine gun from the same dealer. It look less than a month to arrive at my transfer dealer. I've purchased some factory SBR's that were electronically approved for transfer in less than a week. Perhaps machine guns can only be done on paper Form 3's. I don't know.

Tx_Aggie
09-25-18, 12:29
You're right, and I should've double checked my thought before posting.

I was thinking that once an item has been transferred on a form 4 it stays on one, regardless of where it goes afterwards (dealer or non-dealer), which is incorrect.

BigWaylon
09-25-18, 14:15
Do you know if he eFiled the F3 or mailed in paper forms? A month seems excessive for an F3 filed electronically, but not out of the ordinary timeframe for paper.

lazar
09-25-18, 16:21
Do you know if he eFiled the F3 or mailed in paper forms? A month seems excessive for an F3 filed electronically, but not out of the ordinary timeframe for paper.

Well, when I spoke to him, he stated it would probably take less than a week. So I assumed it was an eForm 3 and not paper Form 3. But here we are a month later.

PatrioticDisorder
09-25-18, 19:59
my M-11/9 efile form 3 took only a couple days earlier this month.

lazar
10-11-18, 16:32
Ruben finally got the form 3 approved. He said he's been having an issue with the eforms coming back approved, but showing submitted in the system, instead of approved. I looked at the date that the ATF official signed and it was signed the day after Ruben submitted it to the ATF. I guess ATF is having some technical issues with the eforms.