PDA

View Full Version : AR wrap up.

macrodign
09-25-18, 19:30
Current load out: DDMV4V7LW, Eotech XPS2.

What I need to finish this build so far is the BUIS, trigger, Blast Forwarding Device maybe even a Suppressor, Eotech G33, and then a light. Trying to stay as lean and light as possible. I wont be needing to reach out to 300 yards as I don't hunt with it. Just seems like a ton of stuff to put on a AR...I had none of this on my A2/M203 at Bragg (Long ago).

Of all that, I'm having the most problem with the BUIS . Found this and need your opinion. If you have time for some additional advice on the BFD, single stage trigger, I appreciate it.

I don't see any reviews, but these are really low profile and nice on a Kriss I demo'd. Since they can be used on a picatinny rail, should be fine on an AR right? Just not seeing the point to spend 200$ on iron sites when the R.Dot is my primary. If you have a better option, I'm open to that. Don't see Troy or MBus pros being used enough to warrant the money.
Kriss
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D7QH3FH/ref=crt_ewc_title_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A29KVB8OWOKO6K)

Wake27
09-25-18, 20:05
MBUS Pros are maybe the most utilized folding BUIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macrodign
09-25-18, 20:53
Your right Wake, I mainly hear about them and Troy's, even LWRC has a nice set. If its worth it to get those or Troy/LWRC, then Ill get them. Just want to be sure I'm not just buying stuff without a proper understanding of the tech involved.

Razorblade
09-25-18, 21:11
This is an amazing light for all you get with the price:
https://i0.wp.com/blackwolfsupply.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/strehdpic69262.jpg?zoom=2&fit=2000%2C2000&ssl=1

Tbh its worth shelling out a bit of cash for a Geissele trigger and Kac BUIS

NYH1
09-25-18, 21:33
Flip up BUIS, I prefer Troy. The regular Magpul BUIS are nice too and cheaper. No-flip up BUIS, I like Larue if I want removeable or Danial Defense if I don't want/need removeable.

I've only used RRA (first AR back in 2002 or so), Stag, Colt and Sionics single stage triggers. I think the Sionics is the nicest of the three.

Good luck, NYH1.

26 Inf
09-25-18, 22:04
From Rainier Arms site:

I bought these as an alternative to Magpul Pros, or the adjustable sights from Zahal. I was looking for something that could be adjusted easily, without a tool. These proved to be flimsy, and snapped while being installed. The first time I have ever been disappointed by a product from Rainier.

Stickman
09-25-18, 23:50
From Rainier Arms site:

I bought these as an alternative to Magpul Pros, or the adjustable sights from Zahal. I was looking for something that could be adjusted easily, without a tool. These proved to be flimsy, and snapped while being installed. The first time I have ever been disappointed by a product from Rainier.

Are you replying to the person above you posting about Troy sights? That doesn't match up with my experiences with Troy metal folding sights.

NYH1
09-26-18, 00:41
Are you replying to the person above you posting about Troy sights? That doesn't match up with my experiences with Troy metal folding sights.
Yeah, we have them on a few different rifles and carbines and they've been great.

NYH1.

Wake27
09-26-18, 00:51

No, that was from a review of the Kriss sights that the OP posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

voiceofreason
09-26-18, 08:19
If they really are BU sights, I like the MBUS as they are durable and get the job done in a lightweight package.

If you'll be using them regularly as irons, the MBUS Pro & Troy are worth the $ and weight

MistWolf
09-26-18, 09:32
I used the Magpul MBUS rear sight for awhile. In the end, I found it disappointing.

Rogue556
09-26-18, 09:44
MBUS PRO or KAC are by far my two favorite BUIS and if you can swing the cost for them, would be a solid choice.

Also look into the Bobro Low Rider BUIS. They are durable, light weight, and extremely low profile. They aren't adjustable like the other BUIS I mentioned and require tools to adjust, but for what they are designed for they do great.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

26 Inf
09-26-18, 10:02

No, not at all. The review was for the Kriss sights. I started that post, went await from the computer before I sent it and finally sent if a couple hours later, the delay skewed the context. Sorry.

ETA: The Chile Rellano's I left for were great.

Don't Tread On Me
09-26-18, 10:49
There is a fair amount of info regarding this topic in a thread from a while back concerning whether or not BUIS are even viable or necessary with modern optics. I am in the camp that, while redundant, they are a necessity that should not be overlooked. I prefer KAC but have had Troy, Magpul and A.R.M.S for fold down, Daniel Defense for fixed. If price is a concern and you aren't using them much for anything aside as a JIC measure, Magpul are hard to beat.

titsonritz
09-26-18, 11:02
My preference on iron sights.

For Budget sights - MBUS

For true BUIS, low profile rarely used - original Magpul Pros

For something with full adjustability, may be used a little more often but still BUIS - KAC 200-600m micro

For full time use or fixed with a red dot - Scalarworks PEAK

For offsets - Griffin Armament Fail Safe

NYH1
09-26-18, 11:59
There is a fair amount of info regarding this topic in a thread from a while back concerning whether or not BUIS are even viable or necessary with modern optics. I am in the camp that, while redundant, they are a necessity that should not be overlooked. I prefer KAC but have had Troy, Magpul and A.R.M.S for fold down, Daniel Defense for fixed. If price is a concern and you aren't using them much for anything aside as a JIC measure, Magpul are hard to beat.
I agree. I have them on all our HD type AR/M4's.

NYH1.