PDA

View Full Version : Pur-tungsten.com Buffer Weights

AndyLate
09-27-18, 20:41
I just wanted to report on the buffer weights I purchased. Mods, if this is inappropriate, I apologize, please delete.

MQ105 provided a reference to Pur-tungsten.com in a recent vltor A5 buffer thread.

I visited the site and ordered a package of 3 tungsten buffer weights for $17.25 (free shipping) late Sunday night. Monday afternoon I received a ship notification and USPS 1st class tracking number and the padded envelope arrived today (Thursday).

Bottom line up front - I am a satisfied customer.

The rest of the story:

The weights were in a small zip lock baggie stapled into a cardboard "hang tag"/label. They are labeled pure tungsten, 4.5 oz and Made in China. The weights are the expected shiny silver color and smoothly finished.

I weighed and measured the weights and compared them to a set of 3 steel weights taken from a BCM H2 and a BCM A5H0 buffer.

Pur-tungsten.com:
Total weight 4.38 oz
Average weight 1.45 oz, .019 oz range
Average length .617", .001" range
Average diameter .546", .001" range

BCM steel weights:
Total weight 1.93 oz
Average weight .645 oz, .0004 oz range
Average length .615", .001" range
Average Diameter .545", .000" range

Added to the components of an empty BCM buffer:
3 Tungsten (H3) = 5.387 oz
3 Steel (Carbine) = 2.963 oz

The tungsten weights fit fine in a BCM (carbine) buffer body.

The good:
Fast order fulfillment
Free 1st Class shipping with tracking number

The bad:
Made in China
Payment thru Pay Pal

Weights measured with Frankfurt Arsenal digital scale
Dimensions with 6" Dial caliper

Thanks for reading the wall of text. I hope this helps anyone considering these from Pur-titanium.com.

Andy

JediGuy
09-27-18, 21:27
I appreciate the info, at least. I ordered three tungsten weights from KAK recently. Once was slightly over-sized along one edge (they immediately sent a new one), and they cost a little more than you paid. Good info, thanks.

gaijin
09-28-18, 06:50
I'll continue to use KAK tungsten buffers/etc. They are "one of us", hang together, or hang alone.

M Sadler
10-12-18, 21:49
They are labeled pure tungsten, 4.5 oz and Made in China.

Andy

Pure tungsten you say? Not possible. Leave it to the Chicoms to find a way to make the impossible possible...

Screwball
10-12-18, 22:16
I also got the same ones, off eBay.

I had to adjust the JP SCS to get my piston AR to lock back on empty. Went from all steel to one Tungsten (H). Very easy to do, and if I had a traditional carbine buffer, extra money to buy an H after I find out the standard one didn’t run right. Definitely a cost effective method.

Have similar issues with my D/I .45, which uses a standard buffer. Swapped in one Tungsten, and will see next week when I go to the range. If that works, I have two more Tungsten weights left. Any new buffers are going to be standard, and I’ll toss in the heavier weights. Should be able to make 2 more H buffers with them (unless I end up going heavier with the .45).

26 Inf
10-13-18, 11:05
AndyLate - The price on this site is $22.00, is there a coupon code? https://pur-tungsten.com/product/tungsten-recoil-buffer-weights/

Thanks

markm
10-13-18, 11:18
I've just taken over weight buffers and re-shuffled the weights with under weight buffers to make correctly weighted buffers. As we've corrected over gassed guns, the need for heavy buffers has waned.

AndyLate
10-13-18, 18:49
AndyLate - The price on this site is $22.00, is there a coupon code? https://pur-tungsten.com/product/tungsten-recoil-buffer-weights/

Thanks

Sorry, I just saw this. I assume they were on sale and I got lucky.

Andy

AndyLate
10-13-18, 18:51
Pure tungsten you say? Not possible. Leave it to the Chicoms to find a way to make the impossible possible...

No, they do. I just stated what was printed on the label.

Andy

M Sadler
10-14-18, 16:21
No, they do. I just stated what was printed on the label.

Andy

It's actually tungsten carbide. I'm sure the use of the phrase "pure tungsten" is just a marketing hook.

TDMFG
08-14-19, 08:17

Thanks

I got the coupon code 10PercentOff for 10% off. My friend joined their mailing says it's good until August 31st.