PDA

View Full Version : Sidecar Appendix holsters?

voiceofreason
09-29-18, 08:23
I don't know anyone that has an appendix rig with sidecar/mag carrier attached.

The concept is intriguing. Either it'll work great or not work at all.

Any input or experience would be appreciated.

Ericz4253
09-29-18, 08:32
I carry appendix and have for 10 years. I too found the sidecar intriguing so I ordered one from T Rex arms. Nice holster but I couldn’t get it to sit in a comfortable position. 1 o’clock is my favorite position and the sidecar seems to want to ride more at 12. Couldn’t make it work for me. Just my two cents

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-29-18, 11:20
Seems to only be slightly comfortable with the Tier 1 Agis.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?209588-AIWB-HOLSTERS

ggammell
09-29-18, 11:59
Seems to only be slightly comfortable with the Tier 1 Agis.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?209588-AIWB-HOLSTERS

Consider Sidecar to be gen 1 and the Tier 1 version the next evolution. The people who complain about the side car report that it’s single piece design causes the Jude’s to break because it isn’t flexible. Tier 1 adds centerline flexibility.

Then there is the Phlster Flex which is a soft back that allows you to attach you holster and mag pouch or whatever else where you wasn’t it. That’s kind of like gen 3 of the whole AIWB combo holster.

CleverNickname
09-29-18, 13:26
I've tried it and I don't see any advantage, and lots of disadvantages vs. a separate AIWB holster and AIWB mag carrier.

MWAG19919
09-29-18, 13:50
I have a Tuctite Annex (1st gen) and I like it a lot. It conceals my G19 & spare mag very well under all but the tightest T-shirts. I recommended one to my dad for his Shield and discovered that there is less of an angle of the mag carrier & the main holster than with my G19 holster. The Shield mag actually prints worse than the G19 mag because of this.

Here's how I'm currently carrying my G19 & spare 15 round mag under a t-shirt and jeans
https://imgur.com/a/4C4kXGQ

ETA: can someone tell me how to post photos so they automatically show up in posts? Not the little thumbnails either, the big photos.

_Shay_
09-29-18, 21:27
I've used the trex and tier 1, and I now use a PHlster Flex setup with spotlight holster. Much better. Conceals well and is vastly more comfortable. I highly recommend it.

nightchief
09-30-18, 00:02
I have the Vedder and Phlster Spotlight AIWb holsters. I like both, though I think the Phlster is the better of the two, as it has a more comfortable angle and more robust belt loop attachment. Depends on the size/shape of the firearm too. A good friend was using the Sidecar but changed saying "the sidecar works if you're shaped like Lucas Botkin". He isn't... :)

voiceofreason
09-30-18, 06:51
I'm still sad I never picked up one of the phlster holsters for wheelguns that had the reload cutout.

omegajb
09-30-18, 07:20
I'm using the G-Code Incog with the mag caddy, it's awesome. This one isn't mine, I use a Walther P99 compact at the 12 position and even my family has no idea when I'm carrying even in the summer.

I've seen several takes on this style from various vendors. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180930/b7176cd30ffd8465ba7e9283cfed9395.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

orionz06
10-18-18, 17:07
Consider Sidecar to be gen 1 and the Tier 1 version the next evolution. The people who complain about the side car report that it’s single piece design causes the Jude’s to break because it isn’t flexible. Tier 1 adds centerline flexibility.

Then there is the Phlster Flex which is a soft back that allows you to attach you holster and mag pouch or whatever else where you wasn’t it. That’s kind of like gen 3 of the whole AIWB combo holster.

This.

To add, they add perceived convenience when it's not needed. The Flex resolves that and maintains the needed versatility in sizing that the others lack. It's the only way to combine both a pouch and holster that doesn't compromise one or both units.