PDA

View Full Version : Rogers Super-Stoc for $15 shipped is this a knock off or the real thing?

pooty
10-01-18, 23:38
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rogers-Super-Stoc-Deluxe-Carbine-Superstock-Butt-Stock-223-5-56-300-AAC/391913898225

Does anyone know if CHY-NAH ever copied these? I know they ripped off the MFT line of stocks but this is the only ebay seller I've found offering these.

1911-A1
10-02-18, 13:44
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rogers-Super-Stoc-Deluxe-Carbine-Superstock-Butt-Stock-223-5-56-300-AAC/391913898225

Does anyone know if CHY-NAH ever copied these? I know they ripped off the MFT line of stocks but this is the only ebay seller I've found offering these.

They sell for $65 everywhere else, but this dealer is blowing them out at $14?

Yeah, no.

GH41
10-02-18, 15:03
That guy has another one listed as an authentic Rogers SS listed on the bottom of the page for 40 bucks. I wouldn't be surprised if both were fake.

GH41
10-02-18, 15:07
Here is another one that is probably fake.

titsonritz
10-02-18, 18:36
229 sold.

Stickman
10-02-18, 18:51
I can smell the China from here....

sidewaysil80
10-03-18, 02:17
Ughhh shipping from NJ, would avoid based on that fact alone.

Heavy-Metal
10-03-18, 04:43
Cheapest I've seen was maybe $40 anything less I'd be wary.

26 Inf
10-03-18, 11:06

I'd say definite rip off. I have two Super-Stocks bought at various times through Rogers Shooting School/Holster-Ops. Both have 'www.super-stock.com' on them along the rib that runs along the buffer tube. The one pictured doesn't seem to have this marking.

Moose-Knuckle
10-03-18, 12:43
So how much can a guy get for a "Colt" marked Roger's Super-Stoc (taken straight off a NIB Colt rifle) these days?

Doc Safari
10-03-18, 12:43
You have to understand, eBay is a haven for airsoft parts.

Moose-Knuckle
10-03-18, 12:52

Yeah, I never understood the draw to procure firearm parts and accessories intended to go on a firearm that might be utilized in a life or death encounter off of eBay.

To date I've only purchased said articles from reputable retailers.

But as usual YMMV.

titsonritz
10-03-18, 13:01
Yeah, I never understood the draw to procure firearm parts and accessories intended to go on a firearm that might be utilized in a life or death encounter off of eBay.

To date I've only purchased said articles from reputable retailers.

But as usual YMMV.

I agree, there is no way I'd go there.

GH41
10-03-18, 15:29

The sad news is... Many big name manufacturers licence their designs to the airsoft people. I never understood that practice.

ST911
10-03-18, 16:07
Looks about as safe as buying from a newly registered member with just enough activity to sell in the EE. :D

HeruMew
10-03-18, 17:12
As someone who has purchased things like stocks from less than reputable retailers, I can say it has never been worth it. They messed up an order and sent me the wrong one, even when I finished the refund request, the stock still didn't work right; overall bad fit and lever failure to allow stock movement. So, it was just never worth it.

I go to eBay for things like a classic Marlin .30-.30 C model sight hood. Or Sight elevation bar. Possibly some Ruger 10/22 buffer, or cheap vaping accessories.

But, overall, I tend to avoid things like grips, stocks, etc. It just saves a lot of headache.

I have, however, had amazing results from Chinesium made Charging handles.

Would I put a China Ambi handle in my Go To Rifle? No, Raptor will stay there. But for a range gun? Sure, they have a decent fit and finish for what is the cost of a milspec handle elsewhere.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:
DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, buy optics on eBay. Most of the sets of KAC Micros, Matechs are fakes. You might find some legit (probably "questionable acquisition" style) but most are just fake junk. Same with the Magpul BUIS, just flat out junk compared to the real things.

Some of the red-dots work wonderful for most peoples day-to-day-plinkin and fun. But, for real serious stuff, gotta go reputable.

Example of another situation: I was on a local forum, I met a guy in person to pick up a SRS; seemed legit, had the right case, lens pen, warranty books, all the like.

No Night Vision settings. Yeah, I got an amazing deal on it, the article claimed he was a guy going through divorce and wanted a quick sale. I used Paypal to pay him, on the spot, through non-friends and family. When I found out later, through some research, it probably wasn't authentic, I contested it, emailed him, and tried to contact him. Never heard back from him, never wanted the item back. I got my money, and I am sure it was a fake that he's been selling in various ways for awhile.

Always watch what you buy, stick to reputable sellers, and, if no other option, make sure you research what it should do, or shouldn't do, to the best of your ability to avoid getting ripped off on the spot.

556BlackRifle
10-04-18, 01:07

Yup and the same with Amazon. Also a lot of counterfeit chicom shit for sale on both.