PDA

View Full Version : Did you receive the Presidential/ Emergency Test alert?

Stickman
10-03-18, 13:21
Did you receive the Emergency Alert? I'm curious as to what the actual numbers are who did, and who didn't.

I received it on my iPhone.

The_War_Wagon
10-03-18, 13:28
I have a ca. 1998 flip phone. Thankfully, it receives NOTHING. :lol:

Doc Safari
10-03-18, 13:31

I have a c. 2013 flip phone and the test went through just fine.

What I don't get is the part about giving the guy in Nigeria my bank account number so they can hide some funds from a terrorist coup?

:jester:

RobertTheTexan
10-03-18, 13:36
Apparently my efforts to remain a Gray Man have succeeded and I remain hidden, even from POTUS.

Negative on alert Stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vandal5
10-03-18, 13:37
Did you receive the Emergency Alert? I'm curious as to what the actual numbers are who did, and who didn't.

I received it on my iPhone.I don't work in the cell industry but believe it was done at the cell tower level. Basically anything attached to that tower it would push down the message.

Not like they pulled up a list of everyone's cell number and sent it.

Seems like I'm this could be done at a regional level, so regardless of where your cell number is from, if you are connected to the tower that get the message it would push to your phone.

If anyone knows more or different, I'm interested to hear.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181003/e43e5448d58183735248fdca8e68c8ab.jpg

Sent from my PIP-BOY 3000 using Tapatalk

donlapalma
10-03-18, 13:45
Yes. Received on my Samsung GS8.

Arik
10-03-18, 13:56
Everyone at work received it all at once. Various phones Android and iOS, Samsung, Motorola, new iPhones and old

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Arik
10-03-18, 13:57
What I don't get is the part about giving the guy in Nigeria my bank account number so they can hide some funds from a terrorist coup?

:jester:

That goes to your email. Has nothing to do with phones

Dcr5595
10-03-18, 14:02
Negative - I have my amber alerts turned off but I thought this alert wasn’t affected by that setting.

Kadelic
10-03-18, 14:04
Yep, I got it promptly at 1318.

markm
10-03-18, 14:34

I'd like to go back to that. I'm not a phone drooler like so many... but I upgraded do to everyone sending me stuff that couldn't be read on a non-smart phone.

Nocalsocal
10-03-18, 14:37
Alerted me in Northern Nevada at 1138 or so

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

titsonritz
10-03-18, 14:38
U.S. 'presidential test alert' sets American phones to buzzing (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-presidential-test-alert-sets-american-phones-to-buzzing/ar-BBNTi7y)

"Federal officials said Trump was not personally involved in sending the alert, which would be sent in the event of a pending missile attack or other national emergency. U.S. cellphone users are not able opt out of presidential alerts."

uffdaphil
10-03-18, 14:53
I got it on my iPhone, but it disappered before I could read the entire message.

JulyAZ
10-03-18, 15:05
I got it, at first thought when all I read was “Presidential Alert”, I thought he got assassinated.

They guy next to me goes “Oh no, Our space force is under attack”, standing in a hospital cafe I heard at least 50 go off all at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jwknutson17
10-03-18, 15:16
Received the alert on a Pixel2 and wife received on a Iphone Xs

hotrodder636
10-03-18, 15:24
Got it. Wonder what led to this.

Mjolnir
10-03-18, 15:49
U.S. 'presidential test alert' sets American phones to buzzing (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-presidential-test-alert-sets-american-phones-to-buzzing/ar-BBNTi7y)

"Federal officials said Trump was not personally involved in sending the alert, which would be sent in the event of a pending missile attack or other national emergency. U.S. cellphone users are not able opt out of presidential alerts."

Ha!

If we are launched upon we are done. There is zero Civil Defense and Executive Orders against “hoarding” so I wonder how this “feature” will be misused in the future.

Until the laws are changed and money and other resources diverted to protect the people who purportedly own the land color me “not impressed.”

Buckaroo
10-03-18, 16:31
Didn't receive it here in SE Idaho nor has anyone mentioned it. Maybe we are irrelevant after all. Fine with me if it means that the crazy folk who are trying to ruin my country stay away!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

JediGuy
10-03-18, 16:43
Yes. Two other phones in the class I was teaching went off.

Hmac
10-03-18, 16:54
First thing I've ever seen on my cellphone from President Trump that didn't make me roll my eyes.

Ryno12
10-03-18, 17:15
This was announced on the news a few days ago already that this test was going to be sent out.
It’s part of the same wireless alert system that we’ve had for years, except most/all of those alerts are regional based Amber/ hazardous weather type alerts.
This alert is triggered by the White House & sent by FEMA to announce national alerts (911 & such) & can’t be opt out of.

Many people are in a tizzy because of the “Presidential” title & the current political climate. Honestly, it’s something we should’ve had right from the get go & really isn’t news worthy.

MorphCross
10-03-18, 17:23
Received on a Samsung. Two Sony phones on the same tower did not. All three were on the same carrier but the Samsung was getting and sending messages/calls over the carrier whereas the Sony phones were set to Wi-fi calling.

The_War_Wagon
10-03-18, 17:47
In the event of a NATIONAL emergency, one of two "'80's Alerts" (depending on the SITREP) will play on my computer. :jester:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSQWUZ8a2Ho

Damn... can't post but one video per post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0AxrOUJ62E

Stickman
10-03-18, 19:07
I'd like to go back to that. I'm not a phone drooler like so many... but I upgraded do to everyone sending me stuff that couldn't be read on a non-smart phone.

Once people started texting heavily, I got stuck getting a smart phone. I couldn't stand tapping buttons three times to get to the letter or numbers I needed.

Stickman
10-03-18, 19:08
Honestly, it’s something we should’ve had right from the get go & really isn’t news worthy.

I agree 100%. If apple and google can troll through my phone and filter results, I might as well be notified for real if there is a terrorist attack.

Arik
10-03-18, 19:20
First thing I've ever seen on my cellphone from President Trump that didn't make me roll my eyes.[emoji3][emoji16]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181004/abe67398bac1599205eab1d175127c23.jpg

prdubi
10-03-18, 21:16
Yeppershttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181004/a5820bd3ead8b1b6e257c0bf7be91f48.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Moose-Knuckle
10-03-18, 23:42
There is zero Civil Defense and Executive Orders against “hoarding” so I wonder how this “feature” will be misused in the future.

Until the laws are changed and money and other resources diverted to protect the people who purportedly own the land color me “not impressed.”

IIRC it was the NDAA of 2012 that has something in there about .gov COG and the requisition of "hoarded" supplies from the populace.

Wake27
10-04-18, 01:08
Got it around lunch time here. Has to be regionally based since it seems like people all over the country got it between 11-1300. I wonder if I can claim PTSD with the VA from the false missile alert several months ago...

Tigereye
10-04-18, 06:03
Got it while I was on a call. Phone buzzed like crazy and interrupted the call.

Mjolnir
10-04-18, 06:34
IIRC it was the NDAA of 2012 that has something in there about .gov COG and the requisition of "hoarded" supplies from the populace.

There are several EOs that existed under Reagan (and probably before him; I’ve not checked) that keep getting enhanced with other seemingly unrelated bills.

Moose-Knuckle
10-04-18, 12:26
There are several EOs that existed under Reagan (and probably before him; I’ve not checked) that keep getting enhanced with other seemingly unrelated bills.

Under Reagan alone there was REX 84, it's subprogram Operation Cable Splicer, and during the 60's was Operation Garden Plot. Those are the COG plans that have been discovered / leaked but we can be assured there are more. Each POTUS updates the NDAA and yes there are multiple EO's that deal with this matter. But IIRC the NDAA of 2012 specifically addresses hoarding and the appropriation of materials.

Mjolnir
10-04-18, 14:14
Under Reagan alone there was REX 84, it's subprogram Operation Cable Splicer, and during the 60's was Operation Garden Plot. Those are the COG plans that have been discovered / leaked but we can be assured there are more. Each POTUS updates the NDAA and yes there are multiple EO's that deal with this matter. But IIRC the NDAA of 2012 specifically addresses hoarding and the appropriation of materials.

Yes, but it apparently goes back to JFK. I had forgotten.

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/eo/femalist.htm

jpmuscle
10-04-18, 14:46
First thing I've ever seen on my cellphone from President Trump that didn't make me roll my eyes.

He just wanted to remind you he’s still POTUS I reckon