PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MOE

lanceriley
10-30-08, 19:23
what are these? was hoping to get the Magpul MOE miad grips. its half price anything wrong with these? crap?

MOE CTR

ZZBLAZEZZ
10-30-08, 19:30
First of all you cant go wrong with anything Magpul makes. I have the moe grip and to me its just as good as the miad. its actually setup the same way i would setup a miad grip. ymmv

lanceriley
10-30-08, 19:45
so why should one buy the MIAD? and not just the MOE MIAD

ZZBLAZEZZ
10-30-08, 19:58
The MOE is not a MIAD so to speak. The MIAD stands for MIssion ADaptable. The MOE is not adaptable. It is one piece. The MIAD has interchangable front and rear straps. Both the MOE and the MIAD have the grip core inserts for extra rounds or an extra bolt and firing pin. I hope that makes sense..

ZDL
10-30-08, 20:45
The feel isn't the same either. The MOE is more than grippy enough but the MIAD is like glue. YMMV

NickB
10-30-08, 22:02
The MOE Grip is sized identically to the MIAD with a B2 (medium) and the A1-style front straps (no finger bump). The texure on the sides is identical to the MIAD, so it should feel similar.

If you try it and don't like it, we'll give your money back, assuming you order from www.magpul.com.

ZDL
10-30-08, 22:11
The MOE Grip is sized identically to the MIAD with a B2 (medium) and the A1-style front straps (no finger bump). The texure on the sides is identical to the MIAD, so it should feel similar.

If you try it and don't like it, we'll give your money back, assuming you order from www.magpul.com.

Noticed MIAD contains texture on the backstrap. Maybe that's what I'm feeling.

ST911
10-30-08, 22:35

I'd love to see an MOE with a B3 dim.

lanceriley
10-30-08, 23:52
NickB,

Id like to buy your MOE grip... that is if you can ship it to the Philippines =)

ZZblazeZZ,

Makes me also wonder. why you need to keep on swapping out the rear and front strap. I thought you only swap it only once until you get the right feel

Skintop911

what's a moe with b3 Dim

NickB
10-30-08, 23:57
NickB,

Id like to buy your MOE grip... that is if you can ship it to the Philippines =)

Unfortunately, I cannot. :(

SwatDawg15
10-31-08, 04:03
NickB,

Makes me also wonder. why you need to keep on swapping out the rear and front strap. I thought you only swap it only once until you get the right feel

I may be wrong, and if I am overlook or correct. I wondered the same thing and what I came up with was the thickness can be readily changed to accomidate different gloves, ect. Seems if your going in a very cold climate, you would have thicker gloves, therefor reducing the grip size would lessen the bulk... whereas in a hot climate with thin or no gloves, the larger profile, and the front finger grove would be better. Never the less if im totaly off here, or not, its nice to have the capibility there. Even if its never used, we have it if we need it?

lanceriley
10-31-08, 05:16
NickB,

Just want to ask. Why can't stores sell to other countries anymore? Items that are less than 100$ don't need import permit. Is it something to do with a country's reputation.?

You can be frank with me. I know my country doesn't have a very good repuation.

Stickman
10-31-08, 09:17
NickB,

I know my country doesn't have a very good repuation.

I have friends that go to your country on a regular basis as advisers. They like your country and your people. They also enjoy helping rid your country of problems. I wouldn't think the export policy has anything to do with PI, its more of a general exclusion.

ETA- The MOE grips are of the same high quality as the MIAD grips, perhaps even more solid due to their one piece construction.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20II/IMG_6438%201028%20Stick.jpg

RyanS
10-31-08, 09:31
When is the MOE overmold going to be released?

cebuboy
10-31-08, 10:04
Any news on the handguards and backup sights?

NickB
10-31-08, 15:02
NickB,

Just want to ask. Why can't stores sell to other countries anymore? Items that are less than 100$ don't need import permit. Is it something to do with a country's reputation.?

You can be frank with me. I know my country doesn't have a very good repuation.

ITAR restrictions are a bit complicated, and most companies choose not to screw with the law over a few dollars. I've heard varying opinions on the $100 limit, even from the State Department itself, and the bottom line is that it's just not worth it. We deal with an exporter who handles all our international sales, which allows us to avoid all State Department BS and focus on making gear instead of shipping it.

Shihan
10-31-08, 15:17
Im your friendly neighborhood Magpul dealer and think the MOE grip is a superior piece of gear. If it was in the MIAD config I use I would be using it on my new personal builds.

NickB
10-31-08, 15:21

I missed this - you don't keep swapping it. Or at least most people don't. Find one size that works and leave it.

NickB
10-31-08, 15:25
Any news on the handguards and backup sights?

They're coming along nicely, but no news right now...hopefully more info soon.

ZZBLAZEZZ
10-31-08, 16:48
NickB said it. Pick what works for you and leave it be.

cebuboy
10-31-08, 21:16
They're coming along nicely, but no news right now...hopefully more info soon.

Aw shucks, I thought the handguards are out... how much longer do we have to wait... :)

SingleStacker45
10-31-08, 21:55
I just got the miad full kit and one really nice feature is the addition of a front strap with integrated trigger guard. It ties everything together and no rattles. It kind of stinks that I have alot of front and rear straps that I may never use with the kit but still very nice kit.

Mule

lanceriley
10-31-08, 23:27
stickman,

it's the political climate that disallows it. they make a lot of laws that make it difficult for law abiding people to get arms. but nothing against criminals who shun the law.

NickB,

I understand about America's stand on limited export. Im sure magpul doesn't also want to see a newspaper clipping of a terrorist with a magpul accessory attached :eek: That would be something. A similar thing happened with glock here in PI. some got smuggled into Taiwan by some unscrupulous people. now we don't have glocks.

It also makes me consider the MOE since it is 1 piece. How is the diameter of the grip? what worries me is it doesnt' have the a2 front strap.