PDA

View Full Version : Message to Geissele re 12.5" rail

mack7.62
10-05-18, 09:46
I just sent this message to Geissele:

"Bill, please make a rail suitable for a 12.5" barrel or release the MK16 so I can take a hacksaw to the front end.

thanks"

I would encourage any others with similar desires to make them known.

Kenneth
10-05-18, 10:16
We have been begging for a 10.75 inch rail for FOREVER.

we can only keep begging without anyone listening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markm
10-05-18, 10:22
It's time to falsely accuse Bill of groping!!! It's the current means of getting what you want.

mack7.62
10-05-18, 12:17
We have been begging for a 10.75 inch rail for FOREVER.

Squeaky wheel. If enough people keep asking maybe sooner or later they will pay attention.

ffhounddog
10-05-18, 12:29
I got two MK13 13.0 rails on my 6920's but would have preferred a 12.0 rail from Geissele due to i am not a freak of nature with the arms of a Sasquatch. Granted I shoot for work not for competitions so that is probably my issue with these competition BS rails everyone is making now.

arptsprt
10-05-18, 13:45
I just spit out some of my sammich when I read this... lol.

It's time to falsely accuse Bill of groping!!! It's the current means of getting what you want.

Stickman
10-05-18, 13:57

Its either that or Bill knows what actually sells. There are a slew of rail seizes I would like to see made, but I know that only a portion of them would be mainstream enough to be profitable.

Its the same reason DD has never done the GL/SSC rail. While there are a small group that claim the GL/SSC would sell well, in actuality it probably would sit on shelves and not be worth it.

Five_Point_Five_Six
10-05-18, 14:48

He's groped my credit card more times than I can count. #metoo

mack7.62
10-05-18, 15:21
Its either that or Bill knows what actually sells. There are a slew of rail seizes I would like to see made, but I know that only a portion of them would be mainstream enough to be profitable.

Its the same reason DD has never done the GL/SSC rail. While there are a small group that claim the GL/SSC would sell well, in actuality it probably would sit on shelves and not be worth it.

How many 7 and 15 inch rails do you think he sells? I really am curious, I don't see them being big sellers but they still make them. I am looking at cutting one MLOK off of a 13" that will give a rail about 11 1/4", a little long but doable but it would be a lot cleaner on a MK16 than those stupid lightening cuts on the MK14 will allow. But my preference would be a proper length MK14 or even better MK16, I have to believe if enough ask for one to demonstrate the demand is there they will release one, I need two myself. Otherwise Knights URX 4 are an option, for more $$ but I am old fashioned enough to prefer the Geissele barrel nut and am trying to standardize on the MK14 and hopefully someday MK16 rails.

RHINOWSO
10-05-18, 15:31
Supply vs Demand, gents.

boltcatch
10-05-18, 16:31
How many 7 and 15 inch rails do you think he sells? I really am curious, I don't see them being big sellers but they still make them.

Well I do own multiple 7" ones, but that's only because of short .300 barrels.

My 12.5's just have to make do with the 9.5" rails, as much as I'd love to have another 1-1.5" of space.

Stickman
10-05-18, 16:35
How many 7 and 15 inch rails do you think he sells? I really am curious, I don't see them being big sellers but they still make them. I am looking at cutting one MLOK off of a 13" that will give a rail about 11 1/4", a little long but doable but it would be a lot cleaner on a MK16 than those stupid lightening cuts on the MK14 will allow. But my preference would be a proper length MK14 or even better MK16, I have to believe if enough ask for one to demonstrate the demand is there they will release one, I need two myself. Otherwise Knights URX 4 are an option, for more $$ but I am old fashioned enough to prefer the Geissele barrel nut and am trying to standardize on the MK14 and hopefully someday MK16 rails.

I'll bet the 15 outsells the 7 by a mile.

Rayrevolver
10-05-18, 19:24
I would have considered a Geissele for my new 12.5" build if they had something longer. But I just rolled the dice with a AAC Squaredrop Rail at 11.2". The method it uses to secure the rail to the nut seems less than solid, but we shall see.

Iraqgunz
10-05-18, 19:31
Unless I am missing something, the 10" rails sold really well. If anything that should have been continued even if it was one model only.

Tx_Aggie
10-05-18, 20:01
I would have considered a Geissele for my new 12.5" build if they had something longer. But I just rolled the dice with a AAC Squaredrop Rail at 11.2". The method it uses to secure the rail to the nut seems less than solid, but we shall see.

FWIW, I have an 8" Squaredrop on a 300 Blackout and have been pleased with it. It's stiff and the turnbuckle mounting system seems to keep it locked up tight on the barrel nut. My only complaint is that BCM keymod rail covers don't fit as securely as I would like.

Fatorangecat
10-06-18, 13:03
I think Geissele's marketing is "super" annoying. I don't want a near clone, half clone, full clone anything. I just want to buy a rail. I'm sure they are following profits but it is irritating.

morpheus562
10-06-18, 15:00
I went with the Hodge 11.5" for my 12.5". It is working well and recommend them when they are available.

panzerr
10-06-18, 15:07
Once the uber long rail fad blows over there will be more 10ish inch options and perhaps then Geissele will put one out. Until then, Hodge Defense makes a 10.75.

Kenneth
10-06-18, 16:11
Will a SLR gas block don’t under the hodge?

fledge
10-06-18, 17:11
Will a SLR gas block don’t under the hodge?

SLR fits. Not the adjustable.

Kenneth
10-06-18, 18:18
SLR fits. Not the adjustable.

Yea that’s what I was wondering. The adjustable is what I’m after.

Biggy
10-06-18, 18:26
I have one of the SLR Rifleworks 11.7" Lite MLOK Handguards for my 12.5 Hodge Defense barrel . IMHO, It is the perfect length for a 12.5 " inch barrel. I believe they have more handguard sizes than anyone else out there. They use a 1.900" inch long 7075 barrel nut, that fits snugly into the handguard, the handguards ID is slightly larger than the Hodge handguards for a little better clearance with gas blocks and M-LOK accessories.

https://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=66_106_134_135&product_id=712

10-06-18, 19:31
Once the uber long rail fad blows over there will be more 10ish inch options and perhaps then Geissele will put one out. Until then, Hodge Defense makes a 10.75.

There’s also the KAC URX4 in 10-ish length options.