PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun questions

Gun-nut
10-30-06, 20:13
I'm planning on buying a tactical shotgun very soon, are the Benelli M1's the way to go?
Can I get the same performance from an 870?
What other options are comparable?
I know 870's are relatively cheap, what is a good used price on a M1?
Thanks for your input.:)

nyeti
10-30-06, 22:28
For a general purpose 12ga. I have only one recomendation-Remington 870 and Hans Vang. Go with either a gun from Hans, or the 870 P-Max and send it to Hans.

ChrisG19
10-31-06, 09:45
I'm of the opinion that everyone should own at least one 870, either a Police Magnum or Wingmaster. I haven't handled the P-Max so I have no opinion either way regarding that model. The Benelli M1 is a great autoloader with prices starting around $650. The only problem I had with the M1 was when using light loads; it would occasionally jam due to the lower pressure.

Multiple shots are a lot easier with the M1 being semi-auto and all.

Options would depend on your mission, but an extended mag tube at a minimum.

IMHO, I would pick up a used 870 Wingmaster (police trade-in or one with an 18" barrel), take the rest of the money you would spend for an M1, and invest it in quality training. Then you will be in a much better position in deciding which options you need.

Gun-nut
11-01-06, 20:25
I'm of the opinion that everyone should own at least one 870, either a Police Magnum or Wingmaster. I haven't handled the P-Max so I have no opinion either way regarding that model. The Benelli M1 is a great autoloader with prices starting around $650. The only problem I had with the M1 was when using light loads; it would occasionally jam due to the lower pressure.

Multiple shots are a lot easier with the M1 being semi-auto and all.

Options would depend on your mission, but an extended mag tube at a minimum.

IMHO, I would pick up a used 870 Wingmaster (police trade-in or one with an 18" barrel), take the rest of the money you would spend for an M1, and invest it in quality training. Then you will be in a much better position in deciding which options you need.
Thanks for the info, it helps alot. I was already planning on taking a tactical shotgun class.

Gun-nut
12-28-06, 20:24
Thanks for the info:)

meh92
12-30-06, 05:56
You're welcome.