PDA

View Full Version : PMag issue with two lowers

mmike87
10-30-08, 21:23
I finally broke down and tried every mag I have in every lower I have. Unfortunately, I should have done it a long time ago.

I have 12 P-Mags that don't drop free in two of my four rifles. They drop free in the two RRA lowers, but stick in the LMT and Sun Devil lower. They feel noticeably tight compared to the RRA lowers even when inserting them.

Four other P-Mags drop free in all four rifles.

I have not noticed before as I had been shooting my Lancers in the LMT lower (it't brand new) and 20 round USGI mags in the Sun Devil off a bipod. All USGI, HK, and Lancer mags drop free in all four rifles as well.

I noticed the "tuning" procedure here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=11702&highlight=drop+free+pmag

Have people had pretty good luck with this procedure, or should I be concened with the two lowers? It's probably been too long to send the mags back, and I'd rather not anyway.

My bad - I should have done this a long time ago, but I am glad I did now.

TOrrock
10-30-08, 21:37
I wouldn't be concerned with your two lowers.

It certainly can't hurt to give MagPul a call, they're a pretty decent group.

The worst they can say is "no, it's been too long". They might very well take them back, but you don't know until you try.

NickB
10-30-08, 21:54
This is a known issue with certain lowers. In the future, please call 1.877.4MAGPUL, or email techsupport@magpul.com for immediate answers to all technical questions. If you feel like modifying your magazines, go at it. I would suggest lightly filing the two "pads" near the rear spine of the magazine. Try one or two, and if it doesn't work, give us a call - we'll replace the magazines.

TOrrock
10-30-08, 21:58
Since we've got a happy ending, I'm going to go ahead and lock this down.

Thanks Nick. :cool: