PDA

View Full Version : Laugo Arms Alien

Adrenaline_6
10-15-18, 11:09
Interesting new concept. Internal hammer. Fixed barrel. Gas piston - delayed blowback. Removable top rail that holds zero.

https://www.range365.com/look-at-laugo-arms-alien-pistol

Quinn
10-15-18, 13:14
I imagine most handguns will look like this in the not to distant future. Then the plasma pistols in the 40 watt range.

mig1nc
10-15-18, 13:48
Should help with red dot longevity and tracking the dot under recoil.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

9mm_shooter
10-15-18, 19:32
I don't think it's new. FN made the M1900 based on that (also Browning) design.
Interesting new concept. Internal hammer. Fixed barrel. Gas piston - delayed blowback. Removable top rail that holds zero.

https://www.range365.com/look-at-laugo-arms-alien-pistol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MQ105
10-15-18, 21:21
Isn't the M1900 straight blowback as opposed to gas-delayed blowback?

The HK P7 variants are gas-delayed blowback, although the slide concept on this is different. The P7's (mine at least) gas piston tube needs frequent cleaning and the gun has limited functionality with non-jacketed ammo due to shavings fouling the gas piston system. I'm interested to see how the Alien works under extended shooting. The Alien figures to be a good suppressor host.

9mm_shooter
10-15-18, 22:21
Isn't the M1900 straight blowback as opposed to gas-delayed blowback?

The HK P7 variants are gas-delayed blowback, although the slide concept on this is different. The P7's (mine at least) gas piston tube needs frequent cleaning and the gun has limited functionality with non-jacketed ammo due to shavings fouling the gas piston system. I'm interested to see how the Alien works under extended shooting. The Alien figures to be a good suppressor host.

I didn't realize it has a gas piston. It is a highly complex and interesting design.

rjacobs
10-15-18, 23:09
this pistol interests me. Not much in the past few years has interested me, but I will most likely pick one of these up when they are available to play with.

titsonritz
10-15-18, 23:21
this pistol interests me. Not much in the past few years has interested me, but I will most likely pick one of these up when they are available to play with.

I'm feeling the same thing. It seems pretty cool. There's a cut away here...
http://www.recoilweb.com/exclusive-alien-pistol-from-laugo-arms-142190.html

26 Inf
10-16-18, 10:21
Looking at the pictures, I wonder if they will make a left side eject model for left handed shooters. The reason I ask is that it looks like a left handed shooter with an aggressive grip would have problems with the ejection port.

It seems to me you could get all kinds of high on the backstrap with this pistol, bore would look to intersect the web of the shooting hand. I was picturing my grip - I could see my support side thumb causing all sorts of problems.

Coal Dragger
10-16-18, 13:17
Neat concept, hope it doesn’t end up like the Arsenal Strike series and become unsupported product for the few that dribble out and then become vaporware under the next manufacturer.

Campbell
10-17-18, 04:41
I’m wondering just how fast could Leatham/Miculek types shoot this pistol?
As flat/fast as IPSC is currently, and it’s damn fast btw, this could be a game changer.

call_me_ski
10-17-18, 17:48
Neat concept, hope it doesn’t end up like the Arsenal Strike series and become unsupported product for the few that dribble out and then become vaporware under the next manufacturer.

Planned total production for the first year is 500 units.

graffex
10-17-18, 18:09
Planned total production for the first year is 500 units.

I’d be willing to bet it’s going to be very pricey also.

sgtrock82
10-24-18, 17:05
Planned total production for the first year is 500 units.So unless production starts on December 26th, what your telling me is the only time we will ever see these pistols is in flashy "look at my impossibly awesome guns" layouts on facebook where all the gun wanksters can fap over it. Sweet.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Coal Dragger
10-24-18, 19:34
Kind of what it sounds like to me.