PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Artemis (Review)

WillBrink
10-15-18, 15:33
Hotel Artemis is a secret hospital for criminals, not unlike the hotel for assassins in john wick movies. It has a great all-star cast, some good visuals, and a cool premise, but none of it ever seems to come together to make a good movie. There's some fun dialogue and good action scenes, but it's a movie that just never seems to get any momentum to draw the viewer in. It's harmless good fun, but you'll forgot you saw it rapidly. Oh, and Sofia Boutella may be the best looking actress on screen today, she can't act worth chit, but I still don't care...She's pretty much the + in this rating: C+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-gOk4ERXhc

caporider
10-15-18, 15:49
Sofia Boutella may be the best looking actress on screen today

Two words: ATOMIC BLONDE

austinN4
10-15-18, 16:09
Hotel Artemis is a secret hospital for criminals, not unlike the hotel for assassins in john wick movies. It has a great all-star cast, some good visuals, and a cool premise, but none of it ever seems to come together to make a good movie. There's some fun dialogue and good action scenes, but it's a movie that just never seems to get any momentum to draw the viewer in. It's harmless good fun, but you'll forgot you saw it rapidly. Oh, and Sofia Boutella may be the best looking actress on screen today, she can't act worth chit, but I still don't care... B-/C+

Tried to watch it last night and turned it off after about 20 minutes, at least 15 minutes longer than I should have.

sundance435
10-15-18, 16:12
Two words: ATOMIC BLONDE

+1 :blink:

WillBrink
10-15-18, 18:08
Tried to watch it last night and turned it off after about 20 minutes, at least 15 minutes longer than I should have.

I kept thinking it might get better. It didn't. C+ is on the very edge of worth a watch if you wanna kill some time with a harmless enough movie with a few fun parts and such.

titsonritz
10-15-18, 23:08
This seems like the type of movie were we just saw the best of it in that preview.

SteyrAUG
10-16-18, 22:43
Oh, and Sofia Boutella may be the best looking actress on screen today

I think that title is still held by Ana De Armas.