PDA

View Full Version : Charles Daly

St.Michael
10-31-08, 12:43
What is the opinion on this company's quality in ARs? I was thinking of getting their varmint rifle.

C4IGrant
10-31-08, 12:45
What is the opinion on this company's quality in ARs? I was thinking of getting their varmint rifle.

Very good quality.

C4

Buck
10-31-08, 13:09
Very good quality.

C4

What he said...

B

CrawGator
10-31-08, 15:13
I've read everything I can find on them Final result is I ordered mine ( a CD M4LE ) this week. Should be here Monday!

Eric
10-31-08, 17:50
The ones I have tested have been good to go. I'd have no problem carrying one on duty or recommending one to another cop or good guy.

SeriousStudent
10-31-08, 19:17
I purchased one of the lowers they sold as a "blem." Honestly, I have purchased "first-quality" products from other vendors that were not as nice as this blem. It had a tiny little scratch on the front of the magwell. I had to look to find it. It will get treated much worse riding in my truck. All the parts have fit into it perfectly, it seems to be very well machined. And the discounted price was a steal!

I was very pleased with the courtesy and professionalism Michael Kassnar's folks showed me, also. It seems like you have to beg people to take your money and treat you politely these days. Charles Daly seems to really understand customer service, and user input.

Michael reads this forum, and I believe he is interested in making a quality product at an attractive price. I'm build an SPR clone based on that lower, and will probably buy two more lowers from him.

matthewdanger
10-31-08, 19:45
Grant, do you carry the CD uppers? They are tough to find!

OCTAVIOUS
10-31-08, 20:05
Just pick up my M4Le Daly rifle

Chrome lined 4150 barrel, (MIL-B-11595E, CrMoV Grade) with M-203 mounting groove
M4 Feedramps
Forged "F" front sight base with bayonet lug & rubber coated sling swivel
Milspec diameter receiver extension with "H" buffer
T-Marked Flattop upper
6-position telestock
A2 "Birdcage" flash hider
Oval Double Heat-Shield M4 forend
A3 Detachable Carry Handle

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/t36918/CDLE.jpg

DocRod
11-02-08, 01:28

I researched almost every Black Rifle available in the Dallas area, and I settled on the Charles Daly D-M4, and have not regretted that decision one iota. I have friends with several of the popular brands that boast that they are the best, but when it came to putting my money on the counter, I wanted to buy from a quality company that was not all talk, but actual show. Charles Daly Defense met that criteria, while several others failed my friends miserably once they had their money.

CD Defense did what they said:

1 - They back up their products 100%, no questions asked
2 - They do not require the gun owner to try a dozen different "fixes" himself to alleviate a problem before sending the weapon back to them
3 - A management team and staff that insures the customer is treated with ultimate respect and their problem addressed immediately
4 - And have a "top-shelf" company president who follows through on his promises to his customers and makes certain that his staff does also.

That was all it took for me to buy their new D-M4 carbine, and have put 3000+ rounds through it in the past 4 months. The rifle still looks new, and I have not had a single problem with it on any occaision. (other than it eats way too much ammunition, which may be partially my own fault. :confused:) My personal opinion is that you can't go wrong buying any of their weapons. :D

St.Michael
11-02-08, 10:13
Very good info guys. Thanks very much. I might pick up one of their uppers and slap it on a Noveske lower. :D

DM-SC
11-02-08, 11:24
I've read everything I can find on them Final result is I ordered mine ( a CD M4LE ) this week. Should be here Monday!

Dang it...you'll get yours a couple of days before I get mine! ;)

Jay Cunningham
11-02-08, 11:28
I am very much looking forward to the A1 profile mid-length upper receivers.

dan5505
11-02-08, 11:32

Where did you guys order yours from? I ordered a DM4-LE from buds guns a few days ago. I'm glad I did because they are out of stock now.

VA_Dinger
11-02-08, 12:28
I've only handled one Charles Daly 16" M4, but it looked simply outstanding to me. The shooter who owned it used it for an entire class with zero issues. I would not hesitate to buy one.

In fact I hope to be 1st in line when the LW 16" complete AR's are ready.

DM-SC
11-02-08, 15:11
Where did you guys order yours from? I ordered a DM4-LE from buds guns a few days ago. I'm glad I did because they are out of stock now.

I ordered mine from Grant at G&R Tactical. :cool:

CrawGator
11-02-08, 19:12

:D:D:D

cham88
11-06-08, 13:12
I ordered mine from Grant at G&R Tactical. :cool:

G&R Tactical's website doesn't even list Charles Daly as a manufacturer they carry :confused:

DocRod
11-06-08, 14:07

I got mine through the Gallery of Guns Gun Genie which is somewhat associated with Davidsons, but their stock also comes from other places also. My friends and I have bought many firearms through them and they are teriffic to deal with. Even if they don't have the one you want in stock, check in every day and they will get it soon. You can also go to the Charles Daly forum and keep up with who has got what and how many, and everyone there is great when it comes to helping people find what they want.

Gun Genie is at : http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/

The Charles Daly forum is at: http://www.charlesdalyforum.com/index.php

Happy Shooting!

DM-SC
11-06-08, 14:45
G&R Tactical's website doesn't even list Charles Daly as a manufacturer they carry :confused:

That's correct but, they do carry them.

TY44934
11-06-08, 16:44
Hi St. Michael,

you can see all the positive praise for this new entry into the AR market here on this thread. As a member, you can find even more glowing reports using the search function here on M4Carbine.net - which tells you a lot since this is really the best AR-based weapons forum on the net.

What makes the CD the darling of M4.net?

CD seems to have LISTENED to the ar-shooting community and they built a rifle around the features that we are looking for.

-back up those features with good customer service and you have a winner, since the other major brand that traditionally and historically had every one of these quality features was not known for treating its civilian customers very well (i.e. - a company who's initials are: C.O.L.T.). At any rate, the CD is 1st rate in my book.

Regards,

TY44934

DocRod
11-06-08, 23:58
... What makes the CD the darling of M4.net?

CD seems to have LISTENED to the ar-shooting community and they built a rifle around the features that we are looking for.

-back up those features with good customer service and you have a winner, since the other major brand that traditionally and historically had every one of these quality features was not known for treating its civilian customers very well (i.e. - a company who's initials are: C.O.L.T.). At any rate, the CD is 1st rate in my book.

Regards,

TY44934

I have a hard and fast rule that I will never bad-mouth any manufacturers weapons because if their product is indeed inferior, it will destroy itself with the gun buying public very quickly.

That said: If there are any 1965-1970 Viet Nam vets on this forum, ask them their honest opinion about that popular brand with those familiar initials on it, and I'll bet you that it's about a 50/50 split between those who loved 'em and those who hated 'em. Myself and some friends hated them so much that we lined the bottom of a convienient rice paddy with more than just a few of them. Some other friends had passionate love affairs with theirs, so it really all boiled down to ones personal experience with them and whether or not the malfunctions almost got you KIA. Granted, those initial problems were eventually rectified, but the cost was high for a lot of good people. :mad:

So when I began searching for an AR15 for my personal defense, I shot a variety of popular brands at the range and they all basically performed as they were supposed to. The differences in quality between the brands began to show up in a fairly short amount of time. Some had inferior finishes which started to show rather quickly as the rifle began to look several years old when it was only a few months old; which is usually a sign that a company is just cashing in on a popular product without much concern for their long term market share. Others had some common manufacturing defects develop after a moderate number of rounds had been fired through them, usually due to poor quality control or cost cutting on manufacturing materials. The major manufacturers who do care about their products and their customers will always put a lot of thought and testing into their products before releasing them to the public.

I know that Charles Daly did just that, as well as having an "expert AR gunner" torture test their D-M4 so that they were certain that they released the finest product with all the "necessities" that their customers wanted. Since their initial foray into the defense rifle market, they have expanded their line to include many other variations that their customers were asking for. I don't know how anyone else feels about that kind of involvement by a manufacturer, but I was so impressed that I bought a D-M4 sight unseen over the internet and I am so happy with it, I am buying another one for my son's high school graduation present (of course he wants a much more expensive model than mine! :D). Combine all of this with their new lines of "top-shelf" combat pistols that will be available soon, there is no doubt in my mind that the Charles Daly Defense is the company to watch for future innovative products that will shake up the competitors who have been resting on their laurels for too many years and ignoring the rapid advances in manufacturing technology processes.

Bear in mind that this is just my personal opinion, but do yourself a huge favor and check out the CD Defense products before you lay out your hard earned cash... you'll be glad you did! :D

St.Michael
11-07-08, 08:49
First off, thanks for all the advice/responses. I know it's a pain when you gotta write about the same subject over and over.

Just thinking for fun I might do a Noveske lower with a CD upper. What do you all think of that combination. Though I believe them to probably be almost the same quality now since reading more on the forum I was simply getting the Noveske lower for that nice little logo on the side. ( I know it might sound dumb, but hey why not add in some good looks while getting something that works!?)

DocRod
11-07-08, 13:11
First off, thanks for all the advice/responses. I know it's a pain when you gotta write about the same subject over and over.

Just thinking for fun I might do a Noveske lower with a CD upper. What do you all think of that combination. Though I believe them to probably be almost the same quality now since reading more on the forum I was simply getting the Noveske lower for that nice little logo on the side. ( I know it might sound dumb, but hey why not add in some good looks while getting something that works!?)

It's never a problem, at least for me, to write anything more than once... except maybe to one certain ex-wife to try and convince her to get her act together! If I'm writing about guns, I always enjoy myself! HaHaHa! And after addressing her issues, there is nothing in this universe that sounds dumb! :eek:

I'm of the opinion that whatever you do to build the rifle that you want is exactly what you should do. If it turns out that you really wanted to accomplish something different, it's easy enough to change it and get different results! :D

St.Michael
11-07-08, 13:50
yeah I can't wait. spent so much money lately i have to get a second job to keep up with it. :cool:

DM-SC
11-07-08, 17:11
yeah I can't wait. spent so much money lately i have to get a second job to keep up with it. :cool:

Second job? I need to add a third! :rolleyes:

The only good thing for me is, I've been "panic" buying for over a year! ;)