PDA

View Full Version : A Game - Who said this?

26 Inf
10-18-18, 23:56
Who said this?

"Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don't want to have too many of."

Answer correctly and post your own.

Moose-Knuckle
10-19-18, 00:25
Who said this?

"Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don't want to have too many of."

Answer correctly and post your own.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Who said:

"You're great in the locker room pal and your reflexes might die hard. But you're weak when you put your spikes on."

elephant
10-19-18, 03:02
Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Who said:

"You're great in the locker room pal and your reflexes might die hard. But you're weak when you put your spikes on."

Ronin?

Who said it: A guy told me one time, 'Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.

flenna
10-19-18, 05:26
Ronin?

Who said it: A guy told me one time, 'Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.

DeNiro in Heat.

Who said:
" When things look bad and you don't think you're going to make it, you have to get mean. Plumb mad dog mean. Because if you lose your head and give up, you neither win nor live. That's just the way it is ".

Averageman
10-19-18, 05:44
DeNiro in Heat.

Who said:
" When things look bad and you don't think you're going to make it, you have to get mean. Plumb mad dog mean. Because if you lose your head and give up, you neither win nor live. That's just the way it is ".

Josey Wales?

soulezoo
10-19-18, 10:49
No, that's correctly:

"JOSEY WALES"!!!!

It's not a question...

titsonritz
10-19-18, 12:33
"That's what governments are for — get in a man's way."

BoringGuy45
10-19-18, 12:58
"That's what governments are for — get in a man's way."

Mal Reynolds in Firefly.

Who said this:

"My theory on Feds is that they're like mushrooms: Feed 'em shit and keep 'em in the dark"

Moose-Knuckle
10-19-18, 13:34
Ronin?

Yeah it was a line Sam played by Robert De Niro said to Gregor played by Stellan Skarsgård.

Who said this:

"My theory on Feds is that they're like mushrooms: Feed 'em shit and keep 'em in the dark"

Dignam played by Mark Wahlberg in The Departed.

Who said:

“Oh, Eddie… If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now…”

docsherm
10-19-18, 13:47
Yeah it was a line Sam played by Robert De Niro said to Gregor played by Stellan Skarsgård.

Dignam played by Mark Wahlberg in The Departed.

Who said:

“Oh, Eddie… If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now…”

Clark Griswold Quote National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Who Said:

"I can't feel anything anymore. You turned me into a !@cking machine. I don't know what's right or wrong."

Another one that is just as hard.........

" I try to stop thinking. Try to get my head straight. If I could just get my head straight... then everything would be all right."

This is a hard one..... ;)

flenna
10-19-18, 17:09

Who Said:

"I can't feel anything anymore. You turned me into a !@cking machine. I don't know what's right or wrong."

" I try to stop thinking. Try to get my head straight. If I could just get my head straight... then everything would be all right."

First one: Rambo

Second one: I can't quite place it.

Try this:

There are two types of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

LMT Shooter
10-19-18, 17:24

Try this:

There are two types of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Clint Eastwood

Who said, "I think a plan is just a list of things that don't happen."

elephant
10-19-18, 18:20
Clint Eastwood

Who said, "I think a plan is just a list of things that don't happen."

Way of the Gun?

Who said it:

"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

LMT Shooter
10-19-18, 18:23
Way of the Gun?

Who said it:

"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

That's from Dumb and Dumber, Jeff Daniels

Yes, Way of the Gun, but which character/actor?

LMT Shooter
10-19-18, 18:26

Who Said:

Is the second one Christian Bale in The Machinist?

docsherm
10-19-18, 19:06

Try this:

Not Rambo....... Strike one :)

docsherm
10-19-18, 19:08
Is the second one Christian Bale in The Machinist?

Nope, Strike one on the second one....

These are not easy ones. I will give a hint..... movies from the early 1990's

LMT Shooter
10-19-18, 19:21
Nope, Strike one on the second one....

These are not easy ones. I will give a hint..... movies from the early 1990's

I cheated & googled it, so I won't divulge the answer, but I remember seeing that flick back in the day, I'm gonna watch it again.

Campbell
10-19-18, 19:28
I have one:
“ Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.”

docsherm
10-19-18, 22:02
I cheated & googled it, so I won't divulge the answer, but I remember seeing that flick back in the day, I'm gonna watch it again.

Classic movie and (hint) one of Gary Oldman's best. ;)

flenna
10-19-18, 22:25
Classic movie and (hint) one of Gary Oldman's best. ;)

Ah, The Professional.

docsherm
10-20-18, 00:02
Ah, The Professional.

Close, but that is strike two for that one. ;)

kest_01
10-20-18, 00:26

Who Said:

I wanna say the first one is from robocop but I’d have to watch again to be sure

mark5pt56
10-20-18, 05:50
"you can get killed walking your doggy"

LMT Shooter
10-20-18, 05:53
"you can get killed walking your doggy"

Pacino in Heat

Talon167
10-20-18, 08:18
Easy one:

"If he dies, he dies."

docsherm
10-20-18, 09:44
I wanna say the first one is from robocop but I’d have to watch again to be sure

Strike two on the first one. :)

One more strict on them and I will tell you where they came from.

docsherm
10-20-18, 09:45
Easy one:

"If he dies, he dies."

Ivan Drago

Dennis
10-20-18, 10:08
"You mean if you like, practiced?"

LMT Shooter
10-20-18, 23:24
I keep seeing quotes that I know, but can't remember the movie & character, and it's driving me nuts. :suicide:

From one of my all-time favorite movie: "It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. You take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have."

Averageman
10-21-18, 00:07
I keep seeing quotes that I know, but can't remember the movie & character, and it's driving me nuts. :suicide:

From one of my all-time favorite movie: "It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. You take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have."

William Munny, Unforgiven.

flenna
10-21-18, 18:33
“Everyone has to pay taxes. Even businessmen who cheat and steal everyday, even they have to pay taxes!”

titsonritz
10-21-18, 23:40

Who Said:

Nemesis. Love me some Marjorie Monaghan, Number One.

docsherm
10-23-18, 16:48
Nemesis. Love me some Marjorie Monaghan, Number One.

WOW!!!!!! Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!!!!! :jester:

FYI Nemesis on IMDB:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107668/

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BM2M0MzEyYjQtNDI0Mi00YjhlLTliMGUtNTUzMTNkYmE5NzUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Doc Safari
10-23-18, 17:03
“Everyone has to pay taxes. Even businessmen who cheat and steal everyday, even they have to pay taxes!”

The Untouchables?

Okay, how about, "It neutralizes meson somehow. They're the atomic glue holding matter together. Cut across their lines of magnetic force and any object will simply cease to exist! Take my word for it, General, this type of defense is useless against that kind of power! You'd better let Washington know, fast!"

flenna
10-23-18, 17:13
The Untouchables?

Not it.

titsonritz
10-23-18, 18:20
"You know, I was so bored once that I ****ed a dog."

sl4mdaddy
10-23-18, 18:31

Damn, you went way back...

flenna
10-23-18, 18:35
Damn, you went way back...

Yeah man, one of the all time greats. If you seen it, you wouldn't forget this quote.

sundance435
10-24-18, 07:56
This is fun.

"Have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water?" I left out the name at the beginning, as that's too easy.

Here's a difficult one (movie is okay, but I love this line):

"My friend, Jefferson's an American saint because he wrote the words, "All men are created equal." Words he clearly didn't believe, since he allowed his own children to live in slavery. He was a rich wine snob who was sick of paying taxes to the Brits. So yeah, he wrote some lovely words and aroused the rabble, and they went out and died for those words, while he sat back and drank his wine and ****ed his slave girl. This guy wants to tell me we're living in a community. Don't make me laugh. I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now ****ing pay me. "

flenna
10-24-18, 08:16
This is fun.

"Have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water?" I left out the name at the beginning, as that's too easy.

Here's a difficult one (movie is okay, but I love this line):

"My friend, Jefferson's an American saint because he wrote the words, "All men are created equal." Words he clearly didn't believe, since he allowed his own children to live in slavery. He was a rich wine snob who was sick of paying taxes to the Brits. So yeah, he wrote some lovely words and aroused the rabble, and they went out and died for those words, while he sat back and drank his wine and ****ed his slave girl. This guy wants to tell me we're living in a community. Don't make me laugh. I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now ****ing pay me. "

First one is Dr. Strangelove, one of the best satires ever.

Straight Shooter
10-25-18, 05:15
Desperately tried for years to remember who/where I heard this...help appreciated!
"Chivalry is not dead...as long as one man believes in it".

tb-av
10-25-18, 09:26
I have one:
“ Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.”

wild ass guess... but that sounds like Patton.

Jeeze... wrong... I had to look that up.... I knew that... I can't believe no one has gotten that one yet.