PDA

View Full Version : Which BCM 11.5” Upper To Go With?

sharpshooterassassin
10-21-18, 13:38
I have an ADM UIC Complete Lower Receiver with an SBA3 Pistol Brace. I’m wanting to get a BCM 11.5” Upper to mate with it. Problem is, I don’t know which one to go with. Either the ELW, ELW-F, Standard Govt, or BFH Govt. Price isn’t really a concern but saving a few bucks is always a plus. Saving weight is good with the ELW or the ELW-F. Basically would be a defensive AR Pistol that I could go out to the range, shoot targets, and practice drills with. Won’t be using it too hard or putting massive rounds down range at one time but would like it durable enough to take a beating and be a workhorse.

Delta-3
10-21-18, 14:05
I just put together an AR pistol. I normally like a heavier barrel for all my weapons but I decided to get the ELW-F complete upper from BCM and couldn't be more pleased! The low weight feeling is tremendous. It makes the "pistol" very easy to maneuver with and quicker to get on target. (for me anyway)

ggammell
10-21-18, 14:55
Barrel profile of the ELW is what sold it for me.

Wake27
10-21-18, 15:00
BFH ELW if available, if not, ELW-F. Very few reasons to not go with an enhanced profile barrel.

sharpshooterassassin
10-21-18, 17:46
BFH ELW if available, if not, ELW-F. Very few reasons to not go with an enhanced profile barrel.

I don’t think BCM has an 11.5” BFH ELW so I’ll probably go with the ELW-F. Thanks!

artoter
10-21-18, 18:12
Well, Bravo certainly has quite a few options in 11.5" barrels.

RHINOWSO
10-21-18, 20:06
I have an ELW-F 11.5" for about 2 years now, it's awesome.

I shoot it suppressed mostly with a Saker-K, over 1K through it and it's my main HD / pest control rifle - so I don't hammer it regularly but it's gets into the rifle training mix every couple of months and I don't baby it when it is.