PDA

View Full Version : GeePlate Glock magazine baseplate removal tool

Biggy
10-25-18, 16:57
For the price of $14.95 delivered, I am going to give one of these a try. I have always kind of struggled with the punch and edge of the table method of removing the mag base plates. I eventually get them off, but usually bugger up and elongate the hole in the baseplate a little using the punch method. I spend more on food at McDonalds or Bugger King in a day or two, so the price of it is a non issue to me. Even though you don’t have to disassemble your mags very often, it appears the Geeplate tool makes it super easy to do so when you do.
Links to some vid reviews of it below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbBZsWUkeLc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x-g2X4b_Ss

recon
10-25-18, 22:31
I got one of those. Works great!

Chameleox
10-26-18, 11:33
Looks like it works pretty slick.
My question is, are people really disassembling their mags often enough to need a dedicated tool, beyond the Glock punch and the side of the table?

Not saying it doesn't work, but who outside of unit/department armorers, gunsmiths/shops, and folks who put extended baseplates on all their mags, will realize the utility and economy?

(That said, part of my assignment next year involves running a range, and I'll see if the rangemasters want to pick a couple up)

26 Inf
10-26-18, 12:25
Looks slick, but I always just use eith a Glock punch or small phillips, shove it in and yank.

Slightly off topic, do any of you work on a lot of guns on your bench? The bench in the video looks like a poser bench with the pristine stickers on it. Just sayin'.......

Mike Miller
10-26-18, 13:49
Out of all the things to nitpick, the age of a sticker?

This video reminds me of InRange's Mag Release Tool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ftRzi4zMks

Mr_Happy1
10-28-18, 01:49
I clean my mags each time after I shoot. My range is outdoor and I live in a desert. I use the Gtul, it is a brush with punch, and a vice to allow you to squeeze the mags. I have one for the 9/40/357 and one for my 10mms. It works great. My concern with just popping off the mags would be damaging the mag bodies and base plates.

GeePlate
10-30-18, 23:54
Hey Guys.

I’m the designer of the GeePlate magazine baseplate removal tool.

I’ll be happy to answer any questions.

GeePlate
10-30-18, 23:55
Make sure to read the instructions carefully and keep the tool tight to the bottom of the baseplate when you are removing it.

Don’t let the base plate come off the tool and it’s easy to do so by applying pressure with two fingers on the back of the tool.

recon
10-31-18, 00:12
I have the Gee plate. Works great! Makes taking the base plate a lot easier off at least for me.

GeePlate
10-31-18, 00:32
I have the Gee plate. Works great! Makes taking the base plate a lot easier off at least for me.

Thank you for your support.

one
11-03-18, 23:21
Definitely want one of these. Looks like I'm only seeing it in a three pack for sale.

moonshot
11-03-18, 23:33
Is the Geeplate the same as the GAP floor plate, just rebranded under a new name, or is this something completely different? If it's different, what is different about it?

GeePlate
11-04-18, 01:10
Definitely want one of these. Looks like I'm only seeing it in a three pack for sale.

We offer them in both 1 and 3 pack. It’s on the website.

GeePlate
11-04-18, 01:15
Is the Geeplate the same as the GAP floor plate, just rebranded under a new name, or is this something completely different? If it's different, what is different about it?

It’s the same idea but all new manufacturing. They look the same for the G26/27 because this is the best solution for the same problem. We made some changes including a longer finger rest and some smoothing of the design (it was all designed from scratch and was not based on the GAP plate) plus we have designs for many other pistols including the Glock 43 and 42 which GAP never made.

In addition, we are constantly developing new base plates. Some of the manufacturing is done via SLS 3D printing which gives high quality prints that are durable while allowing us to offer a design for the less popular pistols out there.

Basically, you can send us a frame and a magazine and we will design a plate for it.

We are now working on the design for a Kel-Tec PF-9 with a frame and magazine a customer sent us.