PDA

View Full Version : CZ P-09 sales

Slater
11-12-18, 09:48
I picked up a new P-09 from Bud's recently when they were $379 shipped, and noticed that CDNN also has these on sale. CDNN is a clearing house/liquidation store for slow selling or discontinued firearms. With the P-10 Full-size coming on the market, do you think the P-09 will be discontinued at some point, or possibly a new "Gen 2" is planned?

Clint
11-12-18, 11:16
Rumor has it CZ sold a large quantity of P-09s to a major distributor at lower than normal prices.

Probably due to slower sales rather than clearing out for an updated model, but anything is possible.

Looks like a good candidate for a grip chop.

Slater
11-12-18, 11:21
With the trend toward compact guns these days, I would imagine that the P07 and P10 sell better than the P09.

Arik
11-12-18, 11:27
Rumor has it CZ sold a large quantity of P-09s to a major distributor at lower than normal prices.

Probably due to slower sales rather than clearing out for an updated model, but anything is possible.

Looks like a good candidate for a grip chop.That's what I was thinking. My LGS bought a large quantity of FN509 and have them on sale for $375

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Slater
11-12-18, 11:30
I guess everybody wants a G-19X Or Glock 45 these days.

RHINOWSO
11-12-18, 11:53
I guess everybody wants a G-19X Or Glock 45 these days.

Yeah, I just don't see the need to chase the tail anymore with guns. Even for $400, I'd rather buy a couple cases of ammo.

Even the G45 was a spur of the moment purchase for me, I hadn't bought a pistol in quite awhile.

m4brian
11-12-18, 20:51
Weapons are cheap till the next scare. That is why. 9s are the rage and there is a glut. Two long time local gun stores have gone out of business in the past Year largely because of Internet sales. But a P09 for less than $400 OTD is a super deal, and it pisses off liberals to have 19+1. Heck of a gun.

Co-gnARR
11-12-18, 21:00
Too bad Sportsman's Warehouse near me didn't get the memo.

phidelt208
11-16-18, 15:14
I’ve had several over the years, it’s always a bear getting them, I also wish the local gun shops had more of them in stock.

BrigandTwoFour
11-17-18, 07:15
I keep telling myself that I don't need this. My P07 is doing the job just fine, along with my Beretta 92A1.

But I keep coming back to it for some reason. Well, that and the CZ PCR which seems perpetually out of stock.

m4brian
11-17-18, 09:26
They are “carryable” and provide 19 + 1, and a slim grip that is a tad easier to conceal and purchase in a hurry. At this price point it is tempting cuz you can do an SR kit and spring change for less than $500, and end up with a nice DA /SA trigger. IF nightstand make it 21+1..

It is BEST to buy in person to check out the trigger. They can be a bit raspy. I took a chance on this last one and asked the on-line dealer to give me one that didn't stack. He did - still gritty, but I worked it out with polishing and CGW. The SA on it is amazing - after a smooth cam, it breaks like a 1911 and just nice and light and consistent. DA is smooth and without stacking. Not perfect.

Sometimes CGW parts will not all work. On this recent P09, it took the SR Kit and roller fine. Some will not take the CGW lifter arm - most will. The main part that affects stacking is the stock disco.

I'd go this far - I'd spend $75 more in person and pick one that has a good trigger OTB. In fact, I'd likely NOT buy another sight unseen.

Linebacker
11-23-18, 20:19
That's what I was thinking. My LGS bought a large quantity of FN509 and have them on sale for $375

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Can you link that LGS? Thanks!

opngrnd
11-23-18, 21:01
They shoot very flat and soft. If I ever bought a range only pistol, it'd likely be a P-09.

Firefly
11-30-18, 20:13
..... I sheepishly admit to having one and only got it because it looks like something from Blade Runner 2049.

It’s a great pistol if you like CZ75s. Mags are crazy and HK expensive but it is a nice hole punching gun. It will never replace my Glock but it’s neat. I like mine.