PDA

View Full Version : using gun scrubber to remove oil in chamber ?

SHARPSHOOTER282
11-12-18, 14:38
is gun scrubber good for removing oil in the chamber then followed by a dry patch wrapped over a chamber brush ?

i have noticed oil in the chamber when i went to inspect it before shooting. I only lightly oil and was told its due to oil in firing pin channel and its gets in the chamber through inertia when the bolt carrier is released

Renegade04
11-12-18, 15:12
If you have any oil in the chamber that bothers you, you can use a Q-tip to get it out. You could spray it with Gun Scrubber first if you like, but it is not necessary. Personally, I only lube the outer surface of my bolt and apply a very light film on the firing pin. In 40 years of shooting the AR platform, I have never had an issue with oil causing any problems in the chamber. The steps I take pretty much eliminates this.

MegademiC
11-12-18, 15:30
Gun scrubber is very effective at removing oil.

That said, A little oil splatter in the chamber wont hurt anything.

GH41
11-12-18, 15:38
If a little oil in the chamber was all I had to worry about I would be a happy man! One shot and it is gone.

Inkslinger
11-12-18, 16:07
Can I ask why you’re worried about oil in the chamber?

SHARPSHOOTER282
11-12-18, 16:19
Can I ask why you’re worried about oil in the chamber?

you shouldnt have any oil in the chamber when you shoot -- more pressure will build up on firing
due to uk commuinst sheep laws, my AR is a straight pull, while it hasnt caused any problems on extraction, there is small possablity that it could cause a hard extraction

Inkslinger
11-12-18, 16:23
you shouldnt have any oil in the chamber when you shoot -- more pressure will build up on firing
due to uk commuinst sheep laws, my AR is a straight pull, while it hasnt caused any problems on extraction, there is small possablity that it could cause a hard extraction

Oil in the chamber is a none issue. Unless you are firing your rifle completely submerged in oil, you are in no danger of creating an over pressure situation.
https://youtu.be/p9bOT_d60LM