PDA

View Full Version : Hassan Whiteside M16 stolen from unlocked Rolls Royce

mack7.62
11-16-18, 09:09
Is it just me or is this funny as hell?

Hassan Whiteside buys $50K assault rifle, immediately has it stolen after leaving it in unlocked Rolls Royce.

https://sports.yahoo.com/hassan-whiteside-buys-50k-assault-rifle-immediately-stolen-leaving-unlocked-rolls-royce-020551481.html

ffhounddog
11-16-18, 09:37
What license is needed? WTF is that bullshit.

RetroRevolver77
11-16-18, 10:15
deleted

mack7.62
11-16-18, 11:12
Kudo's to him for passing the background, but aren't there rules about securing NFA weapons? I mean stolen out of unlocked car, recovered and returned with no repercussions seems a little odd to me. Oh wait, silly me, black, sports star, likely democrat, of course rules and laws don't apply.:mad:

Honu
11-16-18, 11:41
yeah if that was someone else ? hmmmmmm

lowprone
11-16-18, 12:09
Buttttttttt*it was a Rolls Royce, don't you see ?

gaijin
11-16-18, 13:35
Idiots gonna be idiots.

VIP3R 237
11-16-18, 13:44
He’s come out and said his car wasn’t unlocked and it was $50k

ALCOAR
11-16-18, 14:37
The guy acts like an entitled child with attitude problems in almost ever game I've watched him play in. Lot of tough guy acting, and smack talking, and waiting for the modern day NBA to step in, and break it up.

Guys like Whiteside would have been licking the hardwood if they acted like towards Chuck Barkley, Shaq, or hundreds of other old school NBA'rs.

I'm not surprised by this at all except that he was able to pass the background check, and actually got a registered M16. On the other end of the spectrum I've been told there is a famous young PGA golf pro who has been scooping up a lot of really valuable old M1 carbines lately.

I'm sure the freedom grabbers will use this as an example in some manner in the future.

flenna
11-16-18, 15:44
I had to look up Hassan Whiteside to see who he is.....,

SteyrAUG
11-16-18, 18:46
I had to look up Hassan Whiteside to see who he is.....,

+1 In addition, I initially read the name as Hassan Whitesnake. Too much 80s.

Also there is no LAW about locking up NFA weapons or we could never take them to the range. The only law is IF you park your car at U of M with lots of valuables inside it, they will probably get stolen. But really locks are meaningless, if they want inside your car windows are easily broken.

docsherm
11-16-18, 19:07
I sure it will be used in a crime very soon.......

MountainRaven
11-16-18, 19:16
I sure it will be used in a crime very soon.......

I believe the OP's article stated that the rifle was recovered inside a recovered stolen vehicle.

docsherm
11-16-18, 19:19
I believe the OP's article stated that the rifle was recovered inside a recovered stolen vehicle.

I did not read the article, as I saw it was a NBA player when I opened the link.

So I will take your work on that. Well that is good.

titsonritz
11-16-18, 20:04
Idiots gonna be idiots.

And money can't fix it either.
https://miami.curbed.com/2016/9/1/12751216/hassan-whiteside-home-miami-beach

gaijin
11-17-18, 04:21
^^Nice.

Couldn't keep a job at McDonald's and living like a King.

elephant
11-17-18, 05:03
Look up Post Malone, he got a registered M60 stolen out of the trunk of his Bentley a few months back. I read something about his car being unlocked as well, but he spoke out about it and said that was bullshit, his car was broke into while he was on his way to meet Kag works/ Haley Strategic for a video.

Rolls Royce's have automatic locks and lock when the key fob is far enough away and the engine is turned off. My Porsche has the same feature. So I doubt his Rolls was just sitting there unlocked. That's bullshit.

Moose-Knuckle
11-17-18, 06:06
I don't follow sports or celebrity athletes but at least he is pro-gun (well I hope he is). Good on him for acquiring a legit M16 and glad to hear it was recovered.

JC5188
11-17-18, 07:42
Good to know “his purchase didn’t violate any team rules”.

Why would an employer have any say in someone exercising their constitutional rights?

PatrioticDisorder
11-17-18, 08:18
50k for an M-16? Are Ruben’s prices really that high now a days? I’m guessing this was an unfired NIB highly collectible variant, one that most people would keep in the safe and baby, but he had a can on it, so apparently this is a shooter for him. This is why Ruben won’t budge on prices, I’d bet half of what he sells is to athletes with more money than brains. Thank God this wasn’t used in a crime, as it is this already created a ripple of the radar of anti-gunners that it’s even possible to own a machine gun.

Second thought, OTB prices are even higher, so maybe he purchased it there, I’m genuinely curious what M-16 is commanding a 50k price tag in 2018.

austinN4
11-17-18, 08:30
I don't follow sports or celebrity athletes but at least he is pro-gun (well I hope he is). Good on him for acquiring a legit M16 and glad to hear it was recovered.

Just because he owns a gun doesn't mean he isn't anti-gun for everyone else.

flenna
11-17-18, 08:38
Just because he owns a gun doesn't mean he isn't anti-gun for everyone else.

Correct, as is true for most libs.

mack7.62
11-17-18, 10:16
" I’m genuinely curious what M-16 is commanding a 50k price tag in 2018"

https://otbfirearms.com/colt-m-16-model-639-5-56mm-with-registered-moderator/

Interwebzz is amazing:

Colt M-16 Model 639 5.56mm with Registered Moderator $43,995.00. Sales tax and two transfers = $47,035 plus ammo.

AKDoug
11-17-18, 12:05
A kid with that kind of money doesn't care if it's $30K or $50K.. he just instructs his lawyer to fill out the documents and show him where to sign. Those clowns will drop $50K on a big night at a high end strip club. (politically correct disclaimer: regardless of skin color, professional athletes are not always known for their fiscal responsibility.)

SteyrAUG
11-17-18, 15:24
50k for an M-16? Are Ruben’s prices really that high now a days? I’m guessing this was an unfired NIB highly collectible variant, one that most people would keep in the safe and baby, but he had a can on it, so apparently this is a shooter for him. This is why Ruben won’t budge on prices, I’d bet half of what he sells is to athletes with more money than brains. Thank God this wasn’t used in a crime, as it is this already created a ripple of the radar of anti-gunners that it’s even possible to own a machine gun.

Second thought, OTB prices are even higher, so maybe he purchased it there, I’m genuinely curious what M-16 is commanding a 50k price tag in 2018.

You forgot BLING. I'm sure there was some BLING involved.

Jer
11-17-18, 16:46
The dude is very clearly pro-2A and went about acquiring a firearm that any of us would be proud to own through legal channels. Yet the haters in this forum pile on him because of his career choice which is completely legal and respectable work that is more physical & requires more discipline than most keyboard commando's reading this post. Sheesh. If an electrician or teacher had their FA M16 stolen out of their Ford Fusion would people be hating as much?

Renegade
11-17-18, 16:53
Kudo's to him for passing the background, but aren't there rules about securing NFA weapons?

No there are no federal rules, nor should there be.

Anyway, he got it back:

“I have a license for the gun that was stolen from me over the summer,” Whiteside said in a statement issued through the team. “I should have secured it better and I’m glad it was recovered. It won’t happen again. It is now locked in a safe and I only use it at the gun range.”

ALCOAR
11-17-18, 17:14
The dude is very clearly pro-2A and went about acquiring a firearm that any of us would be proud to own through legal channels. Yet the haters in this forum pile on him because of his career choice which is completely legal and respectable work that is more physical & requires more discipline than most keyboard commando's reading this post. Sheesh. If an electrician or teacher had their FA M16 stolen out of their Ford Fusion would people be hating as much?

I critiqued this man's character in my first reply which you might be referring too, if so, and unlike most here I'm a long time fan of the NBA. I've watched a dozen or so of Hassan's Heat games, everyone he either is in foul trouble, or fouls out. He talks a ton of sh*t in an era where they know they won't fight, is incredibly arrogant and flippant towards to game, and officials. Lastly, he's irreverent in the modern NBA. He needs to rebound his dozen boards, block his 1.5 shots a game, shut up, and cash his huge checks.

If he had Allen Iverson's skill, then he could act like Allen Iverson. I've never meet an irresponsible NFA happy switch owner, and can't imagine any of them just leaving a $50K Colt M16 in a car that is a moving billboard screaming rob me like a Rolls!

Jer
11-17-18, 18:03
I critiqued this man's character in my first reply which you might be referring too, if so, and unlike most here I'm a long time fan of the NBA. I've watched a dozen or so of Hassan's Heat games, everyone he either is in foul trouble, or fouls out. He talks a ton of sh*t in an era where they know they won't fight, is incredibly arrogant and flippant towards to game, and officials. Lastly, he's irreverent in the modern NBA. He needs to rebound his dozen boards, block his 1.5 shots a game, shut up, and cash his huge checks.

If he had Allen Iverson's skill, then he could act like Allen Iverson. I've never meet an irresponsible NFA happy switch owner, and can't imagine any of them just leaving a $50K Colt M16 in a car that is a moving billboard screaming rob me like a Rolls!

So we're just going to harshly judge a pro2A supporter based on how well they perform their job and what the media claims occurred. Got it.

FlyingHunter
11-18-18, 07:17
My personal assistant always verifies my Rolls Royce is locked before I get in my private jet.

PatrioticDisorder
11-18-18, 08:05

Is he pro-2a or just pro “I am entitled because I’m an athlete and can have whatever I want.” I distinctly remember LeBron James going to “Lock and Load” in Miami for his birthday to shoot several full autos (presumably post samples) including beltfeds. I remember thinking, “cool, LeBron must be pro-2a” and while LeBron has several hired armed security protecting his family, he has since made rabidly anti-2a statements and recently spearheaded the “enough” campaign in the NBA where virtually the entirely league (Whiteside probably included) wore shirts that read “enough”, as in “enough, we need gun control.”

Ironically, it’s this kind of incident, if it had a poor ending that would get transferables on the radar to full on ban. I don’t know 100% for sure, but I’m thinking Whiteside’s 2a opinion is much closer to LeBron James (freedom for me, but not for thee) than it is to the great Karl Malone.

Jer
11-18-18, 10:13
Is he pro-2a or just pro “I am entitled because I’m an athlete and can have whatever I want.” I distinctly remember LeBron James going to “Lock and Load” in Miami for his birthday to shoot several full autos (presumably post samples) including beltfeds. I remember thinking, “cool, LeBron must be pro-2a” and while LeBron has several hired armed security protecting his family, he has since made rabidly anti-2a statements and recently spearheaded the “enough” campaign in the NBA where virtually the entirely league (Whiteside probably included) wore shirts that read “enough”, as in “enough, we need gun control.”

Ironically, it’s this kind of incident, if it had a poor ending that would get transferables on the radar to full on ban. I don’t know 100% for sure, but I’m thinking Whiteside’s 2a opinion is much closer to LeBron James (freedom for me, but not for thee) than it is to the great Karl Malone.

Do you want people judging your character & stance based on that of those you work with?

JoshNC
11-18-18, 13:02

https://www.newsweek.com/nba-star-has-50000-assault-rifle-stolen-after-leaving-it-inside-unlocked-1218797

This article mentions that he purchased the M16 from Johnson’s Firearms in Miami.

ccosby
11-18-18, 13:05

My first thought was one of those guns that colt remade post 86 that were marked m4e. I want to say people were asking crazy money for them.

JoshNC
11-18-18, 13:10

Agreed. We should welcome this.

ALCOAR
11-18-18, 14:05

Completely, agree. Not sure when owning a firearm made you a pro 2A supporter?

Last time I checked Bill Maher proudly claims to be a gun owner, and in the same breath believes they should be banned for all but the most extreme conditions.

Everybody thought Chipper Jones was a huge 2A supporter for years, than it got PC to sh*t of MSR rifles and he said they should ban AR15 style rifles. Chipper only needs his Fudd rifles for hunting, you can f**K off with regards to personal defense, and the correct firearms for those roles.

Lots of people own guns, that would happily ban them for pheasants.

The fact that this site is geared towards a mindset that treats firearms as tools, rather than toys....it's surprising to see the support for irresponsible behavior, and a firearm owner. I personally think the 2nd Amendment is as much of a mindset, than it is a physical object. At a time when gun owners are under a microscope, I'll never think it's a noble cause supporting a person who gets a $50K registered M16 stolen from a Rolls in ghetto Miami. I don't support people who leave pets or children in lock cars either.

ABNAK
11-18-18, 14:59

Last time I checked Bill Maher proudly claims to be a gun owner, and in the same breath believes they should be banned for all but the most extreme conditions.

Everybody thought Chipper Jones was a huge 2A supporter for years, than it got PC to sh*t of MSR rifles and he said they should ban AR15 style rifles. Chipper only needs his Fudd rifles for hunting, you can f**K off with regards to personal defense, and the correct firearms for those roles.

The fact that this site is geared towards a mindset that treats firearms as tools, rather than toys....it's surprising to see the support for irresponsible behavior, and a firearm owner. I personally think the 2nd Amendment is as much of a mindset, than it is a physical object. At a time when gun owners are under a microscope, I'll never think it's a noble cause supporting a person who gets a $50K registered M16 stolen from a Rolls in ghetto Miami. I don't support people who leave pets or children in lock cars either.

Gotta be honest with you, I too am against pheasants owning guns. They've been hunted so long that they probably have a hard-on for people and would seek revenge.

I know it was a typo, couldn't resist!

ABNAK
11-18-18, 15:02
My personal assistant always verifies my Rolls Royce is locked before I get in my private jet.

He just verifies that it's locked? Pfft, I keep armed security 24/7 on mine or it flies in the backup aircraft (which is ABNAK-Two, the one I'm on being ABNAK-One of course).

Jer
11-18-18, 15:25

He's not Bill Maher. He's not Chipper Jones. What happened to him and who he is isn't affected by them and their stances on things. This goes back to someone judging him because of how others in the NBA think as if it has anything to do with him. He's an individual who makes his own mind up and from what I can tell his likes are similar to mine. Not sure why so many are doing mental gymnastics to fit him into a box so they can ridicule him because he was the victim of a crime.

Why the hate for a fellow gun owning American from a few obscure details the media wants us to know? He got a firearm stolen from him and a nice one at that. This is cause to attack the dude's character? All because he was driving a nice car and makes good money? Wow. Maybe he should shun capitalism so we can all have the same stuff so you people can't be so jealous of things you can't have and the people who possess them.

No wonder anti-2A people are so quick to rush to judgement on our "group" being a bunch of closed minded bigoted & judgmental pricks. This thread is a microcosm of that.

Get out the pitch forks... this guy is clearly the enemy. :rolleyes:

ALCOAR
11-18-18, 17:32
I'll make this my last reply as I don't want to seem argumentative on a forum I use for technical research.

That said, I'm not comfortable being painted as anything but the most staunch 2A supporter, whom is pro capitalism to the very core! Moreover, I must clearly state for the record that I don't hate fellow responsible gun owners. The primary criteria I judge a human on is their attitude, character, and how they portray themselves in a public manner.

I've never implied that I believe Hassan shouldn't have been allowed to buy a M16, and I can assure you that I'm not jealous of his Rolls.....perhaps my real motive for not liking Hassan is his very irresponsible behavior with an object that requires exactly the opposite.

Lots of anti gun Americans have no idea that you can own happy switches, and learning that you can from a story like this surely can't help our cause. Perhaps some think no press is bad press.

ABNAK
11-18-18, 17:38
IIRC the only NFA full-auto used in a crime (by the legit owner) was a dirty Dayton, Ohio, cop who used it to kill someone else. It was quite a while ago.

Edit: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/3079721/posts

One was a murder committed by a law enforcement officer (as opposed to a civilian). On September 15th, 1988, a 13-year veteran of the Dayton, Ohio police department, Patrolman Roger Waller, then 32, used his fully automatic MAC-11 .380 caliber submachine gun to kill a police informant, 52-year-old Lawrence Hileman. Patrolman Waller pleaded guilty in 1990, and he and an accomplice were sentenced to 18 years in prison.

PatrioticDisorder
11-18-18, 20:43
He's not Bill Maher. He's not Chipper Jones. What happened to him and who he is isn't affected by them and their stances on things. This goes back to someone judging him because of how others in the NBA think as if it has anything to do with him. He's an individual who makes his own mind up and from what I can tell his likes are similar to mine. Not sure why so many are doing mental gymnastics to fit him into a box so they can ridicule him because he was the victim of a crime.

Why the hate for a fellow gun owning American from a few obscure details the media wants us to know? He got a firearm stolen from him and a nice one at that. This is cause to attack the dude's character? All because he was driving a nice car and makes good money? Wow. Maybe he should shun capitalism so we can all have the same stuff so you people can't be so jealous of things you can't have and the people who possess them.

No wonder anti-2A people are so quick to rush to judgement on our "group" being a bunch of closed minded bigoted & judgmental pricks. This thread is a microcosm of that.

Get out the pitch forks... this guy is clearly the enemy. :rolleyes:

I’d be pleasantly surprised to find out the guy is pro-2a, his actions were irresponsible but I digress. Sadly, the overwhelmingly majority in the NBA are not supporters of the 2nd amendment or liberty in general, so forgive me if I’m just a tad bit skeptical.

Now take someone like JD Martinez of the Bosron Red Sox, he’s solidly pro 2a, he was attacked by the press doe his beliefs and he defended him. It’s probably what cost him consideration for MVP this year.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/mlb-reaction-al-mvp-finalists-award-jd-martinez-snub-twitter-fans-trout-betts-ramirez

https://nypost.com/2018/08/28/red-sox-star-defends-hitler-post-stand-by-2nd-amendment/

So can we agree that Whiteside’s actions were irresponsible? Or does pointing that out make us “bigoted judgemental pricks?”