PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried this BUIS?

Glockster35
10-31-06, 12:30
Brownells own AR-15/M16 TACTICAL FLIP UP REAR SIGHT (http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=22734&s=48832)

I am considering getting one for my short rifle and I would appreciate inputs.

I had considered the Matech, however, after reading posts on this board, I have come to the conclusion, there is little need for a 600 meter sight.

rob_s
10-31-06, 12:34
It's a bad copy of the GG&G MAD flipup rear. I'd stick with the original.

LIL-COMMANDO
10-31-06, 23:15
http://dynamicarmament.com/Browse_Item_Details.asp/Item_ID/955246/categ_id/27/parent_ids/0,90,27/Name/GGG_AZ

:D Check this out its great!!!!

Stickman
11-01-06, 11:07
It's a bad copy of the GG&G MAD flipup rear. I'd stick with the original.

Agreed, I've probably had 5 or 6 of the MAD copies come apart in classes. When compared against the GG&G A2, I would go with the GG&G MAD if its going to get used on a duty weapon.

stevenhyde
09-01-09, 20:58
Agreed, I've probably had 5 or 6 of the MAD copies come apart in classes. When compared against the GG&G A2, I would go with the GG&G MAD if its going to get used on a duty weapon.

Why would you choose the MAD over the A2?

They both lock in the up position, dont lock in the lower position.

They both have two different sized apertures.

The MAD appears to block alot of your view. whereas the A2 style doesnt block more of your view than any other a2 style.

MAD is same plane. A2 is not.

Maybe im missing something else. Maybe not.

Im just curious as im considering plenty of different rear BUIS for my SHTF / home defense rifle and want all the info i can get.

CarlosDJackal
09-01-09, 22:57
I have been using two of these for a couple of ears without any issues or complaint. I haven't found anything to match it for the the price. YMMV.

Icculus
09-01-09, 23:08
Why would you choose the MAD over the A2?...MAD is same plane. A2 is not...

I'm may have read your post wrong but combined with other things on your list it seems like you're saying same plane apertures would be a strike against it. Seems like it would be a plus to me???

stevenhyde
09-01-09, 23:28
I'm may have read your post wrong but combined with other things on your list it seems like you're saying same plane apertures would be a strike against it. Seems like it would be a plus to me???

Im too new to this whole rifle thing to know which i prefer. same plane or not.
I need to find a thread that explains the pluses and minuses of each.

So as of right now. its not a strike "for" or "against". im considering all options until i form an opinion.

Icculus
09-01-09, 23:54
Im too new to this whole rifle thing to know which i prefer. same plane or not.
I need to find a thread that explains the pluses and minuses of each.

So as of right now. its not a strike "for" or "against". im considering all options until i form an opinion.

I'm very new as well so there may indeed be minuses that I don't know about. From what I've seen/read same plane apertures are by no stretch of the imagination a necessity but can't hurt if you're rifle setup happens to sport it. Same zero for both apertures seems like a plus.

thopkins22
09-02-09, 02:06
MAD is same plane. A2 is not.As has been said, I don't see any downside to same plane apertures. What would a different zero accomplish that I need?

Im just curious as im considering plenty of different rear BUIS for my SHTF / home defense rifle and want all the info i can get.

On my serious rifles I have Troy flip ups or fixed rear sights like the DD A1.5. Unless something groundbreaking comes along, any future rifles will get one of those two.

I also have a GG&G A2 flip up on my .22lr upper, but I don't like or see the need for a windage knob on a backup sight. Sometimes my hand changes the zero if I deploy the sight with urgency. I'm going to sell it or toss it in my random AR parts box soon to be replaced with something, maybe a MBUS.

chadbag
09-02-09, 02:18
Just FYI I have the GG&G MAD for $110 delivered for M4C members and the GG&G MAD with Ranging Aperture for $111 delivered for M4C members.

I have used several MAD sights for many years and they work great.

---

GG&G also makes an A2 XS version with same plane apertures but the normal aperture is not same plane on the A2 like it is on the std MAD

Chad