PDA

View Full Version : UTG/Leapers M-LOK Bipod

Bimmer
11-17-18, 18:35
I don't want to put anything UTG/Leapers on my guns, but this seems like an ingenious design...

https://www.leapers.com/index.php?act=prod_detail&midx=2043&allids=2043&itemno=TL-BPDM02

Thoughts?

Dr. Bullseye
11-17-18, 19:00
Ingenious design for sure. They make one in Keymod too.

Bimmer
11-17-18, 19:15
And it retails for <$50.

But when I think UTG/Leapers, I think "junk."

Joelski
11-17-18, 19:37
Tango Down makes something similar. Now if Atlas made something like it, I'd buy several.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Bimmer
11-17-18, 19:40
I can't find anything from TD that's similar, but Vltor makes this one:

https://www.vltor.com/shop/accessories-and-parts/mp-1-vltor-modpod/

But it's for rails, who has rails on the sides of their forends anymore?!

phidelt208
11-17-18, 20:25
I just saw one of these at the range today! I totally agree having anything UTG on anything feels like its cheap.
I have to say upon first impression it looked and felt ok, my concern is how it would hold of long-term off deck rails, barricades, fully loaded, and vehicle and such. You should buy it and test it out for us. :big_boss:

RHINOWSO
11-17-18, 20:38
UTG?

titsonritz
11-17-18, 20:43
Yeah UTG doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.

I can't find anything from TD that's similar, but Vltor makes this one:

https://www.vltor.com/shop/accessories-and-parts/mp-1-vltor-modpod/

But it's for rails, who has rails on the sides of their forends anymore?!

That's what I was thinking of.

Bimmer
11-17-18, 20:48
... my concern is how it would hold of long-term off deck rails, barricades, fully loaded, and vehicle and such...

Agreed... I'm thinking of a "range toy" pseudo-precision upper to do some target shooting off a bench, and this would probably be up to that.

I don't jump out of helicopters or anything.

UTG?

I know, I know... The shame!

mykdee
11-17-18, 21:56
Stop with the UTG stuff is all junk, yes some of it is, but a bi-pod.... I have the Recon bi-pods on all of my firearms that need bi-pods and they work perfect and yes I have a Atlas bi-pod on my Ruger precision. I shoot my Remington 700 out to 1400+ yards all the time with my UTG bi-pod and guess what....it has never failed! Because it wont! Its a bi-pod what could fail? Once again, most of you on here are wanna be MALL NINJAS and have not or will not ever use your firearms in real world/combat use. So any bi-pod that costs more than a UTG is not worth it in most cases!

Save your money and use it on something that actually makes a difference!!

Five_Point_Five_Six
11-17-18, 22:37
Stop with the UTG stuff is all junk, yes some of it is, but a bi-pod.... I have the Recon bi-pods on all of my firearms that need bi-pods and they work perfect and yes I have a Atlas bi-pod on my Ruger precision. I shoot my Remington 700 out to 1400+ yards all the time with my UTG bi-pod and guess what....it has never failed! Because it wont! Its a bi-pod what could fail? Once again, most of you on here are wanna be MALL NINJAS and have not or will not ever use your firearms in real world/combat use. So any bi-pod that costs more than a UTG is not worth it in most cases!

This probably isn't the forum for you and you won't last long here making baseless accusations such as this. There are some real door kicking, face shooters on this forum.

Bimmer
11-17-18, 23:43
... most of you on here are wanna be MALL NINJAS...

Not me: I'm a genuine mall ninja.

And yes, I have some no-name UTG- or ProMag- or Harbor Freight-grade hardware (with very few moving parts), and it works fine.

26 Inf
11-18-18, 01:35

Maybe a little less in your face in expressing your opinions.

The $59.00 price makes it worth a shot in my book - if you want that type of bipod.

The main disadvantage that I see is that there is no swiveling with that type of bipod. This makes it pretty useless for anything except shooting off level surfaces.

titsonritz
11-18-18, 03:53
Once again, most of you on here are wanna be MALL NINJAS and have not or will not ever use your firearms in real world/combat use.

I haven't been to a mall in years, does that make me just a ninja?

hk_shootr
11-18-18, 05:44

I prefer strip malls........does that make me a “strip ninja”?

Try to keep in mind, a different opinion is simply different, it’s not wrong.

Try decaf

mykdee
11-18-18, 06:58
This probably isn't the forum for you and you won't last long here making baseless accusations such as this. There are some real door kicking, face shooters on this forum.

I agree, I know there are some of us on here that have actually been there and done that. That’s why I said most, not all. It just seems more times than not on here if it is not brand name, high dollar items, than it is junk. When in reality a lot of the low priced items are more than enough for what we are actually using them for. Punching paper or ringing steel!!

mykdee
11-18-18, 07:01
Not me: I'm a genuine mall ninja.

And yes, I have some no-name UTG- or ProMag- or Harbor Freight-grade hardware (with very few moving parts), and it works fine.

I believe I got my yellow belt when I was 12, so I am almost a ninja!

I have a lot of utg products also and most of the time I am more than pleased with my purchases. Love harbor freight.

mykdee
11-18-18, 07:13
I prefer strip malls........does that make me a “strip ninja”?

Try to keep in mind, a different opinion is simply different, it’s not wrong.

Try decaf

I agree people will have different opinions, but most on here seem to have the opinion that utg or other cheap brands are inferior and just junk. Let’s be honest, for what most on here are actually using items for including my self now, utg and some other less expensive brands are more than suffficient just less expensive.

The major problem I have is, it’s not the different opinions on this site, it’s when someone on here does asks about a cheaper brand like utg, they are usually meet with.... its junk, Chinese crap, won’t find that junk on my rifle.... you get my point. That’s not really opinions, more brand bashing and giving someone a hard time because he won’t or in a lot cases can’t afford to go buy a higher priced item for punching paper when it’s really not needed.

Some of us would rather spend less on items that do not need to be high priced to work and use those savings for ammo or more firearms and items. I target shoot at least 2-3 times a week, that shit gets expensive! So YES I will and do buy some cheaper brand products, it saves me a lot of money. But with that being said, I do have a few of way over priced items that were absolutely over priced but I love those said items!!

So in short, UTG bi-pods are GTG!

Renegade04
11-18-18, 07:16
Forget the UTG bipod. If you are looking for a bipod to mount to a M-LOK handguard, look no further than the MAGPUL bipod. One version is made for the M-LOK handguards.

https://i.imgur.com/IRrdTci.jpg

They run right around $105-$110 depending on where you buy them.

Five_Point_Five_Six
11-18-18, 08:25
I agree, I know there are some of us on here that have actually been there and done that. That’s why I said most, not all. It just seems more times than not on here if it is not brand name, high dollar items, than it is junk. When in reality a lot of the low priced items are more than enough for what we are actually using them for. Punching paper or ringing steel!!

Leapers/UTG has earned the reputation they have. For a long time they did produce nothing but junk. My nephew, who is an adult now, grew up immersed in the airsoft world. When he was old enough to buy a real gun and started researching, he was shocked that people put Leapers/UTG on real guns because even in the airsoft world it was considered junk. They have a "Pro" line now, that one member here has reported using one of their rails and likes it, so maybe they have begun producing functional, well made gear. I can take one look at the UTG bipod and know it won't work for me. With no ability to swivel, I have no use for it.

I've said it before on here, the people who buy cheap gear, and by cheap I don't mean inexpensive, are always the most emotionally invested in their purchases and take it personal when someone says their brand is anything less that stellar.

Slater
11-18-18, 08:58
There's always the "old design but still works" Harris bipod.

Bimmer
11-18-18, 10:01
The main disadvantage that I see is that there is no swiveling with that type of bipod. This makes it pretty useless for anything except shooting off level surfaces.

Non-issue for me... My trusty old Harris would swivel, but in ten years I've never "unlocked" it.

If you are looking for a bipod to mount to a M-LOK handguard, look no further than the MAGPUL bipod...

Love MagPul, but it's a different design. The genius of the UTG design is that it mounts to the sides of the forend, rather than the bottom.

There's always the "old design but still works" Harris bipod.

Have one. Love it. But I'm looking for something wider/more stable, almost like F-class.

hk_shootr
11-18-18, 10:29
So in short, UTG bi-pods are GTG!

Again,....that is YOUR opinion.
I think it is an interesting concept, but after seeing one first hand, at the range, I will not spend the $52 on one.

SeriousStudent
11-18-18, 11:19
mykdee - you seriously need to drop the attitude. Go read your PM's and ponder any future posts.

Last warning.

And yeah, I liked the concept of this rail when Vltor invented it ten years ago.

mykdee
11-18-18, 12:56
mykdee - you seriously need to drop the attitude. Go read your PM's and ponder any future posts.

Last warning.

And yeah, I liked the concept of this rail when Vltor invented it ten years ago.

Last warning? Because I disagree with most on here!? Everyone can voice their opinions but I can’t? Maybe it is because it’s not in line with what most of you wanna be operators think! Last warning ��

SeriousStudent
11-18-18, 13:50
Last warning because you are rude and act like a dick.

Goodbye.

GH41
11-18-18, 15:49
Can we go back to the subject now?? I think the biggest weakness of KM and M-LOC are accessories that project a distance from the rail stressing the relatively small fasteners and dogs that secure the. accessory. Vertical grips come to mind. I would think in a situation where the shooter had to move with the bipod deployed the connection wouldn't survive a 3-point landing even if the Leapers bipod did. Remember, the Vltor attached to a quad rail. I am not a bipod user for anything other than sighting in a rifle and I get by fine with a $35 Harris clone.

Bimmer
11-18-18, 17:27
Can we go back to the subject now??

Yes, please...

I think the biggest weakness of KM and M-LOC are accessories that project a distance from the rail stressing the relatively small fasteners and dogs that secure the. accessory...

Agreed. I honestly don't yet have any experience with M-LOK — I'm shopping for "precision" uppers and thinking of a new/better bipod than my old Harris.

M-LOK doesn't look thaaaat substantial, but I figure if Magpul trusts one M-LOK attachment point at 6 o'clock to mount a bipod, then using one each at 3 and 9 o'clock should be OK.

And I don't even know what a 3-point landing is, but it sounds bad. If it happens, then the $50 bipod will be the least of my concerns.

Fatorangecat
11-18-18, 17:46
The Arisaka Defense bipod adaptor for Harris is pretty nice. I attach it to a small section of their picatinny that has three Mlok fasteners. I load the bipod aggressively and I'm pretty confident I could drop the rifle bipod first.

titsonritz
11-18-18, 17:51
Can we go back to the subject now?? I think the biggest weakness of KM and M-LOC are accessories that project a distance from the rail stressing the relatively small fasteners and dogs that secure the. accessory. Vertical grips come to mind. I would think in a situation where the shooter had to move with the bipod deployed the connection wouldn't survive a 3-point landing even if the Leapers bipod did. Remember, the Vltor attached to a quad rail. I am not a bipod user for anything other than sighting in a rifle and I get by fine with a $35 Harris clone.

Agreed 100%

GH41
11-18-18, 18:12
Yes, please...

Agreed. I honestly don't yet have any experience with M-LOK — I'm shopping for "precision" uppers and thinking of a new/better bipod than my old Harris.

M-LOK doesn't look thaaaat substantial, but I figure if Magpul trusts one M-LOK attachment point at 6 o'clock to mount a bipod, then using one each at 3 and 9 o'clock should be OK.

And I don't even know what a 3-point landing is, but it sounds bad. If it happens, then the $50 bipod will be the least of my concerns.

3- point landing... You are breaking your fall into position with the rifle... Bipod legs are 2 and your belly makes 3.

Dr. Bullseye
11-18-18, 19:33
How does this happen? The OP points out an ingenious design. This is something new. He is not selling anything. A huge fight breaks out and someone ends up getting banned. Nobody said this design is going to work for combat or that you could use it to break your fall, or that it is adjustable or would replace Harris bipods or any other brand. He just said this is a new, different design. It will probably work just fine on a bench shooting range to zero a rifle. Maybe someone, some maker you trust, will take this design and better it, making it as strong as you want it to be. The OP just pointed this out as something new. We do want to hear new ideas, don't we?

26 Inf
11-18-18, 20:08
Can we go back to the subject now?? I think the biggest weakness of KM and M-LOC are accessories that project a distance from the rail stressing the relatively small fasteners and dogs that secure the. accessory. Vertical grips come to mind.

I'm not sure how much this is actually a concern. In the Crane testing MLOK had a failure load rate of over 1100 pounds in all the rails tested. According to Crane the failures were all with the mounts, not the rails.

ETA: the Keymods failed at 338 to 462 pounds, but those were all failures of the rails, fractures between the two KeyMod Slots used. According to Crane there was no major damage to the KeyMod fasteners.

So, while you certainly wouldn't want to slack rappel with either KeyMod or MLOK, I'd think a bipod attached by MLOK would be GTG.

SeriousStudent
11-18-18, 20:17
I'll be happy to answer that.

The OP (Bimmer) did point out a new piece of gear. Personally, as a gear nerd, I think that's a good thing. I do like the design, I was pointing out that it's not a brand new idea, but UTG's "interpretation" of the Vltor design.

UTG does a lot of that - take other people's creations and produce them in a Chinese factory to different quality standards. I am unfamiliar with a single item they make that is truly new.

The person that got banned violated forum policy. That's why they received an infraction. The topic is basically irrelevant for that person.

There are plenty of people I disagree with. Some of them posted in this thread. Yet they are mature, responsible people who are capable of discussing the merits of a tactic or piece of equipment. While I do not agree with their opinion, they are genuinely good folks that I'd love to have over to Rancho Serious for a cigar and a glass of great Bourbon.

That's called a discussion. Mykdee liked to get in pissing contests. He's always going to lose those here.

M4C has 80,000 members and thousands more visitors. Periodically, there are people who prove they detract more than they add. They get removed, so they do not drive away more productive members.

Guess how many reported posts I get, and guess how many PM's I get about people who are troublesome? A lot.

I hope that provides some insight. But as my succinct reply to our former member stated - if you are a rude appendage, be prepared to post elsewhere.

Hope that helps.

SeriousStudent
11-18-18, 20:21
I'm not sure how much this is actually a concern. In the Crane testing MLOK had a failure load rate of over 1100 pounds in all the rails tested.

Agreed. I have not conducted any kind of engineering study, I would think that incorrect installation frequently plays a role in the "failure" of any kind of gear.

And if something hits your rifle with 1,100 pounds of force, you're probably talking about a helo crash or an IED? I am guessing a properly-executed PLF wouldn't do that, right?

26 Inf
11-18-18, 20:46
And if something hits your rifle with 1,100 pounds of force, you're probably talking about a helo crash or an IED? I am guessing a properly-executed PLF wouldn't do that, right?

I don't think I've ever done a proper PLF. All my military jumps were before 1991, so I've never jumped anything put bare-boned M16's and rucks. I would have been a good test bed, though, because I landed like a sack of spuds.

wanderson
11-20-18, 15:31
I'm tempted to try this UTG side mount bipod on a budget build. While I've seen some junky UTG/Leapers stuff, I've also had good luck with the UTG Pro rails & risers, and I've got an Anderson pistol upper that came with a nice UTG Pro super slim drop in railed handguard.

I have a Harris Bipod with the Larue QD mount and just mount pic rails on most of my ARs. Like someone else posted, I've never had to unlock it so the swivel feature isn't a deal breaker for me. My first build was a Rock River Arms upper that had the VLTOR side mount bipod and I wish I'd pulled that when I sold the upper.

SeriousStudent
11-20-18, 16:52
I have had fairly good luck finding used Harris bipods, when folks decide to splurge on a different one. I think I found on here on the EE for about 60 bucks shipped?

militarymoron
11-20-18, 22:40
And if something hits your rifle with 1,100 pounds of force, you're probably talking about a helo crash or an IED?

It doesn't take much to generate a lot of force in a very small area - depends on the circumstances. That 1100 pounds of force is probably a static load applied, kind of like how 550 cord is supposed to be able to hold 550 lbs. But, take a 30 lb weight tied to the cord, drop it from a height, and that 550 cord will snap. So, it may take 1100 lbs to pull apart a rail interface, or break a fastener in a pull test, but very large forces can pretty easily be generated by dropping the rifle a few feet onto a hard surface, or impact with one. It's that impact over a very short amount of time and small area that drives those forces up and why stuff breaks.

A golf ball, for example, weighs 1.62 oz. The forces on that golf ball at the time of impact from the club can be more than 2000 lbs. Another good example is the pressure on a nail head driven into wood - if a hammer hits the nail with 100 lbs of force, and the nail tip has an area of 1/100 sq in, then the force of the nail going into the wood is 10,000 lbs/sq in.

aznginf
11-21-18, 12:49
Neat design but why not stick with a proven performer/mfgr?

Bimmer
11-21-18, 13:11
3- point landing... You are breaking your fall into position with the rifle... Bipod legs are 2 and your belly makes 3.

LOL, if that happens, then I'll be the one to break, and I won't be worried about the bipod...

The OP (Bimmer) did point out a new piece of gear. Personally, as a gear nerd, I think that's a good thing. I do like the design, I was pointing out that it's not a brand new idea, but UTG's "interpretation" of the Vltor design...

Amen. If Vltor made an M-Lok version, then I'd be saving for that. They don't, and I'm not going to get a quad-rail forend now...

I was not only pointing out a new piece of gear, but really hoping that somebody would point me to some "original" better version than the UTG.

Really, I'd be thrilled to give my money to MagPul or Vltor or whoever if they would produce the same thing (only better) at 2x or even 3x the price.

Mykdee liked to get in pissing contests. He's always going to lose those here.

Amen and hallelujah. He was a troll, and he's gone.

When I spend some time on other forums (cars), and I really appreciate the moderators at M4C. Thank you, Serious Student.

I'm tempted to try this UTG side mount bipod on a budget build. While I've seen some junky UTG/Leapers stuff, I've also had good luck with the UTG Pro rails & risers...

This is me, too. I do have a couple no-name bits of rail or whatever, and each of my ARs has a ProMag rubber buttstock pad over it's M4 stock. They all work fine.

I wouldn't buy a UTG BCG or anything that really "matters," but a <$50 bipod for occasional use at the square range is appealing.

Neat design but why not stick with a proven performer/mfgr?

See above... Nobody else seems to make anything just like this.

Bravo Sierra
11-21-18, 18:35
They seem to have a new optic out.
https://www.leapers.com/index.php?act=prod_detail&midx=1952&status=new&itemno=SCP-RDM20G

JediGuy
12-16-18, 22:04
Not something I’m into, but saw this and came back to drop in this thread.

https://caagearup.com/product/sbp-picatinny-side-mount-bipod/

Bimmer
02-10-19, 21:56
Still mulling over this...

In the meantime, I swear that last month G&A showed one of these on a Remington bolt-action pistol, and this month Shooting Times shows one on an AR.

titsonritz
02-11-19, 13:18
When I spend some time on other forums (cars), and I really appreciate the moderators at M4C. Thank you, Serious Student

Amen to that. :agree:

titsonritz
02-11-19, 13:20
Still mulling over this...

In the meantime, I swear that last month G&A showed one of these on a Remington bolt-action pistol, and this month Shooting Times shows one on an AR.

Well get on it and report back. :jester:

SeriousStudent
02-11-19, 20:39
Indeed. Bimmer, if you have a chance to do some testing, please let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Bimmer
02-11-19, 20:41
Dang, you guys, I came here hoping to have somebody else beta-test one of these!

Seriously, I'm mulling a basic "precision" upper (probably a BCM SS410 upper with an M-LOK rail), but I don't have one yet, and I don't have anything M-LOK yet...

SeriousStudent
02-11-19, 20:53
I have a BCM SS410 16" middy barrel that I built as a Recce rifle. It is ridiculously accurate. I think you will really like it.

https://i.imgur.com/3KAnrDk.jpg

titsonritz
10-06-19, 22:00
Primary Arms has this bipod on sale for $37...

https://www.primaryarms.com/leapers-utg-recon-flex-m-lok-bipod

Alex V
10-08-19, 06:25

Howdy. I bet this dude has a Beretta 93R too.

titsonritz
10-08-19, 12:57
Howdy. I bet this dude has a Beretta 93R too.

:lol:

MontanaMarine
10-11-19, 12:39
I don't have any knowledge of airsoft products, never dabbled in any of that.

I did put a UTG Pro handguard on one of my carbines though. For the record, it is made in the USA. Seems pretty solid to me. Gotta be tougher than the plastic issue handguards, and those things seem to last forever.

https://i.imgur.com/okyExO2.jpg

Bimmer
01-09-20, 10:49
Something similar:

https://www.fire-field.com/product-details.php?item=1185

I had never heard of "Firefield," and it appears that they mostly make knock-off Harris copies and really cheap optics.

I really wish a reputable manufacturer would make something like this...

RUTGERS95
01-09-20, 19:15
price doesn't mean quality and price doesn't validate performance.

I've used the ncstar op1 on 2 rifles and loved them, green blob and love it, had the magpul and hated it etc etc.. I prefer my gg&g bipods but valuing an item based on price is absurd

Pappabear
01-09-20, 19:39
I looked at the design and it is kinda cool and all, but even if Atlas made it doesn't look like a solid design to me? What is the draw for those who really dig it. Im not trolling and trying to start shit, just I dont see the "this is cool and better" part of the equation. Im guessing Im missing something so do tell.

PB

Bimmer
01-09-20, 20:46
price doesn't mean quality and price doesn't validate performance.

Right, but a company (like "Firefield") that sells $30 red dots and $60 variable-power riflescopes doesn't inspire a lot of confidence...

What is the draw for those who really dig it?

I dont see the "this is cool and better" part of the equation. I'm guessing I'm missing something so do tell.

For me, it just makes sense to have a wider footprint... It's almost like an "F-class" bipod.

RUTGERS95
01-09-20, 20:50
Right, but a company (like "Firefield") that sells $30 red dots and $60 variable-power riflescopes doesn't inspire a lot of confidence...

For me, it just makes sense to have a wider footprint... It's almost like an "F-class" bipod.

but we're not talking electronics here, apples and oranges

Bimmer
01-09-20, 20:57
but we're not talking electronics here, apples and oranges

Well, a variable-power riflescope isn't electronic, either, but I wouldn't even bother with one that costs $60...

Don't get me wrong, I have basic "universal" UTG/Leapers rails in use, and they've been fine, and I'm a fan of Harbor Freight for basic things that (1) don't have a lot of moving parts, or (2) I expect to use only now-and-again.

However, for something like a bipod, I'd like to either handle it first or be assured that it's a quality piece...

RUTGERS95
01-09-20, 21:32
Well, a variable-power riflescope isn't electronic, either, but I wouldn't even bother with one that costs $60...

Don't get me wrong, I have basic "universal" UTG/Leapers rails in use, and they've been fine, and I'm a fan of Harbor Freight for basic things that (1) don't have a lot of moving parts, or (2) I expect to use only now-and-again.

However, for something like a bipod, I'd like to either handle it first or be assured that it's a quality piece...

I can agree with that:agree::agree::agree:

TF82
01-11-20, 12:22
Full disclaimer, I’ve not handled this bipod but... I’ll be honest, well made product or not, it’s not really that great a design. I had the VLTOR, which I think is a better design because it doesn’t fold directly parallel with the sides of the hand guard but it was still too bulky and took up too much space when folded. From the pictures it looks like this one does fold parallel with the sides of the hand guard so in the folded position it’s going to be very wide. Bipods like this also either protrude far past the muzzle or burn a ton of rail space when folded. Incidentally, I bought the VLTOR on the EE here from and SME. I probably should have seen it as a sign that he was selling it. I have a Harris now.

blade_68
01-11-20, 16:03
I get the idea for it and think that it's sound, less likely to flop over folds up to with less crap sticking out. I'm good with that. I'd like it over Harris bipods. Now the hard part what is it's pedigree for materials.. 6110 AL or something that will hold up. Now back to the one a few years back....
Bimmer.... We're all still waiting for your review on it....😁 👍

popo22
02-17-20, 14:34
I bought one of these bi-pods and actually like it. I have other "Harris" bi-pods and like them fine as well. I put this bi-pod on an AR10 because I wanted something that folded up (out of the way) when I need to rest the hand guard on something while hunting (like a limb etc.). I've used it now for a couple years and it has held up well with no signs of damage or weakness after 2 seasons of "deer & hog" hunting.
I like the ability of being able to extend the legs manually with no "spring tension" that sometimes makes noise, works well. For the price it seems to be a pretty solid bi-pod.

themonk
02-17-20, 15:24
Not a fan of UTG but Cabelas was giving away free RMR UTG mounts when they had the gen 1 RMRs on closeout. They are actually nice mounts. I run one of them on a PDW that I wanted a lower RMR mount on. I like it a lot. Nice machining and solid.

Bimmer
12-05-20, 12:33
My experience thus far...

I bought one of these and carefully installed it on my m-lok handguard, actually using a torque wrench to tighten the screws to spec.

It seemed very stable, and the action of the bipod (swinging and extending the legs) actually worked well.

I shot off the bipod from prone for a shooting session in August, and everything went well.

Second shooting session in late October: Taking the rifle out of the case, one of the screws was sheared off and it and the m-lok nut were rattling around inside the handguard. I have no idea how that happened...

Another unhappy surprise: UTG doesn't use the standard MagPul M-Lok hardware. MagPul specs button screws, UTG uses tapered screws.

So, I e-mailed UTG for a set of screws, which they catalog, but which aren't actually for sale anywhere... No answer.

I bought a set of tapered "m-lok" screws from Amazon, but they're far smaller than UTGs, and a different thread, too. Fail.

At this point, the bipod is sitting in a ziploc on my work bench...

Finally, last week, UTG wrote back, apologized for the delay (5 weeks) and said they're shipping me a set of screws, no charge...

Now I'm waiting for the new UTG screws to arrive...

VLODPG
12-05-20, 20:10
Big difference in price point for their US Made products: https://www.leapers.com/index.php?act=listproduct&midx=2357&status=utg

Slater
12-05-20, 20:45
Big difference in price point for their US Made products: https://www.leapers.com/index.php?act=listproduct&midx=2357&status=utg

They look more expensive than a Harris or Magpul. Guess they must be superior?