PDA

View Full Version : EAG TACTICAL/PAT ROGERS, Smithfield/Four Oaks, NC April 3-5, 2009

GLOCKMASTER
11-02-08, 07:17
EAG Tactical Training
3 Day Carbine Operators Course

EAG Tactical (Pat Rogers and Crew) will conduct a 3 Day Carbine Operators course on April 3-5,2009 at the Johnston Community College Law Enforcement Firing Range located at the Howell Woods Learning Center, 6601 Devils Race Track Road Four Oaks, NC 27524. This course is about fighting with the 5.56x45mm carbine, and the training is geared toward that specific skill set. This is not a shooting course- it is a fighting course.

Price for everyone is as follows:$575.00.

Also due to the class being conducted on college property there is a $55.00 registration fee that will be collected on the first morning during class registration unless you meet the below listed criteria. Please read carefully.

If you are not affiliated with any of the below mentioned departments/organizations in North Carolina you must pay the Registration Fee for Johnston Community College, which is $55.00 for this particular class. The registration fee must be in the form of a money order and will be collected the first morning during class registration. NO EXCEPTIONS!!

Personnel that are fee waived are: Local North Carolina law enforcement officers, volunteer firemen, local fire department personnel, volunteer rescue and lifesaving department personnel, local rescue and lifesaving department personnel,REACT members, full-time custodial employees of the Dept. of Correction, Employees of the Departments Division of Community Correction, employees of the Dept. of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Members of the North Carolina State Defense Militia Military and Federal government personnel are eligible for fee waiver provided that their permanent duty station in within North Carolina.

Payment in full is requested 30 days prior to the class unless prior arrangements have been made. USG, DoD, other organizations can continue to pay via credit card or purchase order. Contact us if you have questions.
Note that the range fee will be collected on the morning of the first day during the completion of the normal admin stuff prior to the beginning of training, ONLY CHECK OR MONEY ORDER WILL BE ACCEPTED AS PAYMENT FOR THE RANGE FEE.

To register, go to www.eagtactical.com and complete the application. Submit the application with the appropriate credentials (see below).

Once you have been accepted you will receive a notice as well as lodging information. If you have any questions, contact us directly- we will do are best to resolve any issues.

Learning Objectives

3 Day Carbine Operators Course:
This is a moderate intensity class to sharpen your fighting skills with the 5.56x56mm carbine.

• 4 safety rules
• Range Rules
• Combat Triad
(Weapons manipulation skills are highly stressed)
• Stance, balance, grip, mount-vertical fore grip/ magazine well
• Ready Positions
• Optical/ iron sights
• Offset
• External/ terminal ballistics
• Magazine choices
• Equipment Choices • BZO Theory
• Loading/ reloading
• Positions- conventional/ asymmetrical
• Pairs, Failure Drills, Non Standard Response
• Malfunction reduction
• Multiple Target Engagements
• Pistol Transition
• Shooting on the move
• Shooting laterally
• Stepping off line of attack
• Qual Course Carbine

The actual content of the course may vary slightly due to range restrictions and also to better accommodate the skill sets of the shooters

What to Expect

A three day class on how to fight with the carbine. This is not shooting polka dots, but is a condensed version of what we are using today. The class is moderately physical.
Attendees must be active police officers; Active Duty Military; or possess a valid pistol license from any state. A Certificate of Good Conduct (no criminal record) or equivalent from your local Law Enforcement Agency will suffice.
Live fire exercises are inherently dangerous. Safety violations will be dealt with harshly. We cannot afford to have an unsafe shooter in a class.

I reserve the right to refuse admission to the class for any reason. I reserve the right to remove anyone from the class for any reason.

What to Bring
A good attitude!

• A serviceable 5.56mm Carbine.
What you bring is not as important as the fact that it works. Having a spare extractor/ spring is not a bad idea. Bring the lube of your choice. But bring lube.

• 1300 Rounds of serviceable carbine ammunition; 250 rounds pistol ammunition.

• The amount of ammunition recommended is an average. The actual number of rounds fired may be more or less depending on overall skill level of the class, weather and range issues.

• A minimum of 3 serviceable magazines for the carbine. More are obviously better- the less jamming of magazines you do during the day, the more time you learn how to fight.

• The carbine needs a sling. A tac sling works better, but any sling will do.

• A means to carry at least two carbine magazines on your person.

• If you have a red dot sight, bring spare batteries.

• A serviceable pistol, with three serviceable magazines.

• A holster and magazine pouch.

• Eye and earpro, as well as a baseball type hat.
• Water. A CamelBak is ideal, but be prepared to hydrate.

• Bring food. Bring munchies as well as lickies and chewies. If you are not physically at your best, you will not be able to function safely and efficiently.

• Knee and elbow pads.

• Pen/ pencil.

If you have questions, contact Pat Rogers at info@eagtactical.com

Or Jeff Freuler at jfreuler@hotmail.com or jfreuler@ncshp.org

AAR from previous class.

Also there is lodging accommodations available at the range.The two cabins are duplex buildings that sleep four per side. So that is a total of sixteen people that can stay in the two cabins. In each cabin they have a private bath for each side and a community kitchen. All you have to furnish is your food and towels. The price for one side of a cabin per night is $40.00. If you use their bed linen add $5. Divide the $40 by the number of people that you may wish to bunk with on your side and the price drops significantly per person.

Between the two cabins is a picnic area with grills and tables. Wireless internet is available however; it is limited to being in the first cabin which is the one closest to the office. If you are in the second cabin and need the internet service you can take your laptop to the front porch area of the office to take advantage of the internet service. Sorry no television.

The contact number for reservations is 919-938-0115 x221 or x225.

Here are some pictures of the cabins.

Sleeping arrangements.
http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC_0114.JPG
http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC_01161.JPG
http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC_0117.JPG
http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC_0128.JPG

Shared kitchen and dining area.

http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC_0124.JPG
http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC_0123.JPG
http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSC_0126.JPG

GLOCKMASTER
12-19-08, 04:59
BTT.....:cool:

GLOCKMASTER
01-13-09, 18:40
Bump..:D

John Frazer
02-11-09, 22:19
I'm in, with a coworker.

Any slots left? Got another guy who may be interested.

Free bump ...

GLOCKMASTER
02-12-09, 05:54
I'm in, with a coworker.

Any slots left? Got another guy who may be interested.

Free bump ...

Yes we have some seats.However, he may not want too wait much longer.

ZZBLAZEZZ
02-12-09, 15:21
Count me in Jeff. I need to get in touch with you about staying in the cabins. I'll send you an e-mail.

John Frazer
02-12-09, 16:05
I've already got one of the cabins booked, and at least one other guy sharing it with me.

Bad news is that when I called, they told me the cabins were already booked for the night of TD2, so you'll need a motel for at least one night.

GLOCKMASTER
02-12-09, 17:02
Count me in Jeff. I need to get in touch with you about staying in the cabins. I'll send you an e-mail.

I've already got one of the cabins booked, and at least one other guy sharing it with me.

Bad news is that when I called, they told me the cabins were already booked for the night of TD2, so you'll need a motel for at least one night.

ZZBLAZEZZ, you will need to contact me number listed class announcement about the cabins as I do not control them. Also as John said above they may already be booked.

Looking forward to meeting and training with everyone. :)

RWK
02-12-09, 22:17
Those cabins seem to be pretty popular, Jeff.

Cabins in the woods... rural North Carolina... I'm surprised folks haven't figured it out yet. Well, it shouldn't be too cold at night in April so, maybe not quite so many people will fall for the "we're here in the middle of nowhere, it's freezing outside, we'll have to spoon to stay alive" stuff that went on last year. I hear that some of the video made it onto the Internet...

ZZBLAZEZZ
02-13-09, 14:56
I talked to Katrina today and made a reservation to stay in one cabin. That was about 8:30 this morning. She didnt say if that was the last spot or not.

GLOCKMASTER
02-13-09, 18:27
I talked to Katrina today and made a reservation to stay in one cabin. That was about 8:30 this morning. She didnt say if that was the last spot or not.

That's good to hear. Even though they are on the same property and owned by the same institution, that part of the Howells Woods facility is managed and scheduled totally separate from the range facility.

Those cabins seem to be pretty popular, Jeff.

Cabins in the woods... rural North Carolina... I'm surprised folks haven't figured it out yet. Well, it shouldn't be too cold at night in April so, maybe not quite so many people will fall for the "we're here in the middle of nowhere, it's freezing outside, we'll have to spoon to stay alive" stuff that went on last year. I hear that some of the video made it onto the Internet...

RWK you had your opportunity last year to see the inside of a cabin. :eek:

You are just jealous.....:D

RWK
02-13-09, 18:59
RWK you had your opportunity last year to see the inside of a cabin. :eek:

You are just jealous.....:D

I've seen Deliverance!

Gutshot John
02-13-09, 21:09
Nah...you two ain't jarheads or nuthin'. :D

Those cabins are comfortable...so long as you don't lock yourself out at night when the airline loses your baggage (and your guns) and delivers at 3 am.

At least I didn't ask anyone to spoon.

CCFP
02-13-09, 21:18
Is this course available to Canadian civilians?

GLOCKMASTER
02-13-09, 21:22
Is this course available to Canadian civilians?

PM sent.

ZZBLAZEZZ
02-17-09, 18:51
Jeff, I recieved a call from Katrina today saying that she made a mistake and that the cabins were booked Sat night. I'll be staying Fri night but it looks like I need a hotel room for Sat night. Do you have any suggestions for a hotel close by. Thanks in advance Jeff.
Adam

GLOCKMASTER
02-17-09, 19:00
Jeff, I recieved a call from Katrina today saying that she made a mistake and that the cabins were booked Sat night. I'll be staying Fri night but it looks like I need a hotel room for Sat night. Do you have any suggestions for a close by. Thanks in advance Jeff.
Adam

Do not stay in lodging that has a Four Oaks address.

Link (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=lodging&near=smithfield,+NC+27524&sll=35.525381,-78.295956&sspn=0.101987,0.159645&ie=UTF8&om=1&start=0&ll=35.498692,-78.358269&spn=0.10789,0.30899&z=12)for lodging search for the Smithfield/Selma area.

Hampton Inn
1695 Industrial Park Drive
Selma, NC 27576
(919) 965-6151‎

Holiday Inn Express
115 Us Highway 70A E
Selma, NC 27576
(919) 965-4000‎

ZZBLAZEZZ
02-17-09, 19:38
Thanks Jeff. I'll give these places a call tomorrow.

GLOCKMASTER
03-28-09, 15:55
I just got the student list in from Donna and we have just a couple of seats open.

LAST CALL!!!!!

:cool:

RWK
03-28-09, 20:03
Do not stay in lodging that has a Four Oaks address.‎..

...unless you want some extra trigger time. ;)

GLOCKMASTER
03-28-09, 20:08
...unless you want some extra trigger time. ;)

On cockroaches.......:eek:

NetJunkie
03-28-09, 21:53
I think I'm ready. You have two newbies coming to class..hope that's OK. :)

NetJunkie
03-29-09, 20:29
OK.. Heels won today. There a sports bar or anything nearby to watch the games after class next weekend?

chadbag
03-30-09, 01:07
I took this same class in March in Arizona. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. You guys will like it. I also learned a lot. Was my first "modern" training, my last rifle classes being 98-2000 time frame from Jim Crews and John Farnham.

Just remember to listen and absorb all you hear. And don't make excuses. If they tell you something, just say "Yes Pat" or "Yes Mike" (asst instructor) and think about why they told you that and how you can make use of it. Too many guys at the class I was at tried to make excuses when things were pointed out to them. A natural reaction but not what you are paying your $$$ for.

I am not saying to Brown-nose the instructor. I am saying to listen and absorb what they are saying to you and think about it and why they said it and if and how it can help you etc.

Good luck!

vaspence
04-01-09, 18:23
Anybody got an address for the cabins and range to plug into the GPS? I'll can call in the morning but am trying to have everything done tonight.

Thanks,
Spence

GLOCKMASTER
04-01-09, 18:42
Anybody got an address for the cabins and range to plug into the GPS? I'll can call in the morning but am trying to have everything done tonight.

Thanks,
Spence

Spence an address and a GPS has not worked in the past. Just ask Dean Caputo.:D

Just follow the directions sent to you on how to get to the range. When you get to the turn off for the range,Howell Woods Sand and Gravel,just travel about .2 of a mile past that entrance. You will see a sign on your left that reads Howell Woods Environmental Learning Center.Turn into the driveway and this will take you to the office for the cabins.

If you get turned around my cell phone number was on the packet that Donna sent to you.

BTW......Looking forward to training with all that will be there.

Jeff

vaspence
04-01-09, 19:25
Got it!

Spence

NetJunkie
04-01-09, 20:26
If you get turned around my cell phone number was on the packet that Donna sent to you.

BTW......Looking forward to training with all that will be there.

Jeff

Hey Jeff. I got an email from Donna just saying I was confirmed the other week..but nothing attached to it. Can someone forward me that? Email is jason.nash@gmail.com.

GLOCKMASTER
04-01-09, 20:34
Hey Jeff. I got an email from Donna just saying I was confirmed the other week..but nothing attached to it. Can someone forward me that? Email is jason.nash@gmail.com.

Jason if you do not get it from someone tonight, I will get it to you early tomorrow morning. It is on my computer at work. I will also try to email Donna and get her to send it to you.

NetJunkie
04-01-09, 20:35
Jason if you do not get it from someone tonight, I will get it to you early tomorrow morning. It is on my computer at work. I will also try to email Donna and get her to send it to you.

Thanks man!

GLOCKMASTER
04-01-09, 20:42
Thanks man!

No problem and sorry for the inconvenience.

vaspence
04-01-09, 21:19
Netjunkie -

I forwarded the attachments to you. Hpe you got them.

Spence

John Frazer
04-08-09, 06:41
AARs, anyone?

GLOCKMASTER
04-08-09, 07:53
AARs, anyone?

John I'm currently working on one along with sorting through pictures. Because of my schedule and work load, it will probably be the weekend before I get the AAR finished and posted. Pat has one up over on Light Fighter.

John Frazer
04-08-09, 09:26
Thanks for pointing me to the Lightfighter AAR -- good times!

John Frazer
04-18-09, 18:27
Just want to add a belated thank-you to JFreuler for putting this together.

It was a fun class with a great group -- an excellent refresher since I hadn't trained much on the carbine for 8-9 years. Pat is a cultural experience all by himself, even for this fellow New Yorker. It turns out he used to work my old neighborhood with NYPD, and one of the many shootings he described took place about 6 blocks from where I grew up.

Stuff that worked for me:

* Both my guns (Rock River AR w/ Bushmaster superlight barrel, and SIG P229).
* Kramer belt scabbard (a normal CCW holster).
* Eagle M4 MOLLE LE chest rig, unmodified.
* Pat's technique for strong-hand-only fire. Locked down those lats and I was firing the non-standard response better than I had with both hands.

Marginal:

* My gun manipulation skills. Very rusty, had to think too much.
* My shooting on the move "skills."
* Viking Tactics sling mounted to the front sight base. Never really figured out if I wanted my support hand over the sling or below it. Soon it'll be mounted to the rear of a rail, eliminating the issue.
* EOTech 552 integral mount -- found it was loose the morning of Day 2. Tightened the screw and my zero was still good.
* Stock length. Using the 3rd notch of the RRA 6-position, kept having the charging handle area hit my glasses in recoil. Lengthened it a notch but that was too long. Adding a non-slip buttpad may split the difference just right.