PDA

View Full Version : Mega lower match

OZARK TOAD
11-19-18, 18:51
Hey guys what upper matches a mega forged lower? I am building my first gun and building it off a shiney new mega lower. My bcm upper is matte in comparison. Any input is good. Thanks

jason.mayberry68
11-19-18, 19:47
Throw a Vltor MUR on there.

Swstock
11-19-18, 20:28
Zev. ..

OZARK TOAD
11-19-18, 21:27
Yes had considered the zev. The vltor is also nice. Wish I could find a mega....

grizzman
11-19-18, 22:21
I bought a MEGA lower a year ago, and really screwed up by not getting an upper also. I gave up on finding an upper many months ago.

An Aero upper (that I removed from another build) is a closer match than I was expecting, considering the glossiness of the MEGA.

OZARK TOAD
11-19-18, 22:51
Anyone have any experience with JSE forges upper made by mega who can comment on the finish? Thanks everyone for input btw.

Swstock
11-20-18, 04:15
Anyone have any experience with JSE forges upper made by mega who can comment on the finish? Thanks everyone for input btw.

Mega's finish changed at some point. Im not sure if it was before or after the zev acquisition but i cant say how that impacts jse branded stuff. i didnt know mega was providing that. Early stuff was black and flat. I feel like newer ones are more semi gloss and not as black.

everready73
11-20-18, 08:01
Best bet may to be to put a WTB in the EE here and the other site. ZEV would be an option but even if you find a Mega it may not match perfect finish wise. Just have it cerakoted if you care about the looks

Hammer_Man
11-20-18, 13:08
The closest I found is a Rainier Arms upper. I used it to complete a build I started with a Mega forged lower, and it matched up really well. https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-forged-a4-upper-receiver-gen2/

OZARK TOAD
11-20-18, 18:56
The closest I found is a Rainier Arms upper. I used it to complete a build I started with a Mega forged lower, and it matched up really well. https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-forged-a4-upper-receiver-gen2/

Yea I’ve heard rainier arms has great finish.

OZARK TOAD
11-20-18, 18:59
Great news! One of the forum members had a New forged Mega for sale! I can’t believe my good fortune! I will post pics of the upper and lower together and the progression of my build when the upper comes in!

OZARK TOAD
11-20-18, 19:32
If anyone is still interested email or IM me. I have a new Mega upper as well as another upper with the Mega Maten 10" MLOCK rail I would part with to help those of you needing to complete builds.

I was the idiot who bought a few uppers but no lowers.

Thanks! Great to work with very professional!

SOLGW
11-22-18, 00:21
SOLGW uppers match.

Zev/Mega make our receiver sets.

Having a black Friday sale all week on stripped uppers and upper halves.

If this is not allowed to post, please lmk.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

sycotik
11-22-18, 07:08
I am 90% sure that Mega made Grey Ghost Precision as well.