PDA

View Full Version : New Colt 2018 SOCOM

Slater
11-23-18, 19:36
Just picked this up today from my FFL. Looks quite nice, and serial number is CR018xxx. Looks like I'm in the "missing VFG and small rail panel" club with several other folks. I'll have to give Colt Customer Service a call Monday. On the flip side, it came with a total of seven of the large rail panels. Some people should avoid the vodka at work :D

https://i.imgur.com/vfzC9lVl.jpg

WTF?Shane
11-23-18, 19:51
Nice! Is it one of the cool GOV marked lowers?

Slater
11-23-18, 20:24
Yes. I think most (all?) 2018's are so marked.

longshot2000
11-23-18, 21:52
yeah, there were different batches of rifles with varying degrees of wrong packaging. This is the only Colt rilfe with a KAC rail, so a little outside of the routine. Colt will get you what you need.

If it came from Charlie's, email me, as we have a box of the right stuff to fix that.

omegajb
11-24-18, 11:43
The SOCOM I bought in 2012 didn't come with the small panels or VFG, it just came with the full panels nylon sling and 2 magazines.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

markm
11-24-18, 11:46
Gorgeous!

Slater
11-24-18, 11:49
The SOCOM I bought in 2012 didn't come with the small panels or VFG, it just came with the full panels nylon sling and 2 magazines.

From what I'm hearing, several people have had to call Colt customer service to get their missing VFG and short rail panel. Apparently Colt has been very responsive. As longshot2000 mentioned, there seems to have been some confusion in the packaging.

Pappabear
11-24-18, 11:53
Tried and true, well done

bamashooter
11-24-18, 12:16
Very nice and congratulations. Really like the way "Charlie's" quickly stepped up to the plate.

omegajb
11-24-18, 12:18
From what I'm hearing, several people have had to call Colt customer service to get their missing VFG and short rail panel. Apparently Colt has been very responsive. As longshot2000 mentioned, there seems to have been some confusion in the packaging.I bought mine a few months before Newtown and then everything went nuts, I called Colt on something else and they were hard to get ahold of.
Part of the problem was the box didn't have the contents listed. Oh well.

arptsprt
11-24-18, 12:40
I bought this carbine back in September.

Mine came with the VFG and small panel but had a H buffer instead of the H2 it’s supposed to come with.

I called Colt and they took care of it. Took about two weeks to get it, but I got it.

ETA: mine also came with 7 full length panels. I’ve already cut a few down to customize panel length for a few accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk