PDA

View Full Version : J frame pocket carry

Sam
11-02-08, 13:21
I carry the J frame 642 all the time, as a back up or many times as a lone primary. 99.9% I carry in the pocket. I've used Safariland #25 for awhile but mainly in the last 7 - 8 years, the 642 rides in Uncle Mike's nylon pouch. Both do pretty good job at keeping the little gun in the pocket and allow easy draws without the holster itself coming out. And they're relatively inexpensive, the #25 is about $25 and the Uncle Mike's about $10.

My buddy Mike Benedict aka Talon Tactical made this little nifty pocket holster for several little BUGs, J frames and Keltecs are his bread and butter. A couple years ago, he showed one to Ken Hackathorn and that's the last time he saw that holster. That kydex holster went back to Marietta, OH with Ken :)

I finally broke down and bought this one off Mike, it's his own holster and since I didn't want to wait, I insisted he sell me this used holster.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/talon-pocket_002.jpg

It's flat and thin, the little hook in front of the trigger guard keeps the holster from coming out of the pocket during the draw stroke. The gun itself drops into the holster easily. The purpose of the pocket holster is to just contain the gun and keep it from flipping or flopping upside down and sideways. You don't want a pocket holster that grabs a gun like a belt holster.

Give Mike a calll or drop him an email, if you carry a J frame or Keltec.

www.talontactical.com

ygbsm
11-02-08, 17:45
I'm surprised he sold you his holster after what you did to his computer :eek:

Bryan

Code3Patriot
11-02-08, 20:39
Thanks for the heads up, that is EXACTLY what I have been looking for! My 642-1 has old school CTCs on it and alot of pocket holsters won't accomodate them which is rediculous since CTCs are a must with 2'' J Frames.

I'll definately be ordering one.

C3P

Dave G
11-02-08, 22:42
I'm surprised he sold you his holster after what you did to his computer :eek:

Bryan

Details!?