PDA

View Full Version : Gun Control Group Pushes Ballot Initiative to Ban ‘Assault Weapons’ in Florida

223to45
11-27-18, 19:47
Gun Control Group Pushes Ballot Initiative to Ban ‘Assault Weapons’ in Florida

And so it begins. Libtards here have used plenty of these initiatives.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/11/27/gun-control-group-pushes-ballot-initiative-to-ban-assault-weapons-in-florida/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ZGXtreme
11-27-18, 20:23
Of course. They can “find” the ballots to get it passed.

PatrioticDisorder
11-27-18, 20:24
Vigilance is needed with these ass clowns, they will never give up. The last 2 years have been wasted federally due to weak leaders like Paul Ryan. I’m past sick and tired of constantly being on the defensive, when it is liberty and freedom being defended. Stopping bullshit like this requires every gun owner in the state of Florida to reach out to the mushy middle and explain why this is bullshit. These ballot initiatives are also bullshit, all they need is 8% of the number of people who voted in the last presidential election to sign their stupid petition and a mere 60% is needed to “amend” the state constitution in Florida, knowing this is going to be worded in a way that frames it as a very “reasonable” amendment. The ballot initiatives are a fatal flaw in the state of Florida, I’d say perhaps the legislature can work on doing away with it, but I wouldn’t hold ,y breathe. The state legislature is filled with RINOs such as Bill Galvano and Anitere Flores who not only killed pro-2a bills on the state level, they actively whipped up the votes for the gun control bill after Parkland.

SteyrAUG
11-27-18, 20:29
Broward actually passed one about 20 years ago that was pushed through by Wasserman, thankfully Jeb Bush was governor and told her to stop bringing me this nonsense when she presented it for his signature. If we still had Lawton Chiles, might have been a different story.

Florida is supposed to be solidly conservative and pro gun (like Texas), but we get so many dual residents from the northeast who want to make it "just like it is in NY/NJ only without the snow."

We don't go on the offensive enough in places like NY, NJ, CA and DC. Most of us have a "live and let live attitude" and we are content to be free in our states and let NY do as NY does. Clearly that isn't working and the NRA needs to start taking plays out of the Bloomburg book and represent the second amendment freedoms of those behind enemy lines.

We cannot win by defense alone. If we only defend ourselves, they will simply keep attacking until we falter. We really need to take the fight to them, it's been too long since the Heller decision and that certainly wasn't an NRA effort.

MegademiC
11-27-18, 21:42
^yes

Repeal the NFA. Everyone should push for it, and we’d get something... instead, we spend 10 years arguing over what we should push. We couldnt even get everyone behind HPA.

Bulletdog
11-27-18, 23:26
We cannot win by defense alone. If we only defend ourselves, they will simply keep attacking until we falter. We really need to take the fight to them, it's been too long since the Heller decision and that certainly wasn't an NRA effort.

You've hit the nail square on the head.

I used to say this during the Clinton years. Why the hell are we sitting here taking jab after jab and backpedaling all the time? We are right. The Constitution and BoR are on our side. We should be charging and prosecuting all the anti-gunners for treason against our country. We should be on the attack. We had the House, Senate, and POTUS for two years and we accomplished nothing for restoring gun rights, despite what appeared to be a very strong start, with the HPA and National reciprocity on the verge of passing.

I don't just want to stop them in their tracks. I want to punish the a-holes that are trying to take away my basic inalienable rights. I want the next person who thinks about wiping their ass with out Constitution to be afraid to even say it out loud for fear of what might happen to them. I want Feinstein and Schumer where they belong: In a cell right next to Leland Ye.

SteyrAUG
11-28-18, 16:32
^yes

Repeal the NFA. Everyone should push for it, and we’d get something... instead, we spend 10 years arguing over what we should push. We couldnt even get everyone behind HPA.

SPORTER CLAUSE.

There are several reasons why we don't want to open the NFA up for discussion, least of which is adjusting the NFA tax rate. But you strike the sporter clause from the 68 GCA and you can open the registry.

PatrioticDisorder
11-28-18, 18:23
SPORTER CLAUSE.

There are several reasons why we don't want to open the NFA up for discussion, least of which is adjusting the NFA tax rate. But you strike the sporter clause from the 68 GCA and you can open the registry.

I’ve read you mentioning this before, along with a couple others. How exactly does that work? It totally wipes the Hughes Amendment out? Or does it simply open the “pre May 86” foreign MGs (lotta HKs) up to the registry as transferable?

223to45
11-28-18, 18:38
SPORTER CLAUSE.

There are several reasons why we don't want to open the NFA up for discussion, least of which is adjusting the NFA tax rate. But you strike the sporter clause from the 68 GCA and you can open the registry.Yeah, adjusted for inflation, that 200 1934 equals $3774 in 2018

SteyrAUG
11-28-18, 20:41
I’ve read you mentioning this before, along with a couple others. How exactly does that work? It totally wipes the Hughes Amendment out? Or does it simply open the “pre May 86” foreign MGs (lotta HKs) up to the registry as transferable?

The "sporter clause" gives ATF the ability to discriminate between good guns and bad guns based upon their determination of the suitability for "sporting applications" of the firearm in question.

Get rid of that BS litmus test and firearms become firearms. They have no basis for the import bans of concealable handguns or foreign machine guns found in the 1968 GCA. They have no basis for closing the NFA registry. They have no basis for the 89 import ban. And they will have no basis for any domestic AW ban.

The "sporter clause" within the 1968 GCA is the most blatant infringement of the second amendment that has ever become law. The second amendment is about securing rights, not sporting applications.

The_War_Wagon
11-28-18, 20:56
Make the anti's give a TECHNICAL DEFINITION of an, "assault," weapon. :rolleyes:

While they're rumblin'bumblin'stumblin'mumblin'FUMBLIN' that, at least 6 decades will go by, with no action whatsoever. :lol:

MegademiC
11-28-18, 21:09
The "sporter clause" gives ATF the ability to discriminate between good guns and bad guns based upon their determination of the suitability for "sporting applications" of the firearm in question.

Get rid of that BS litmus test and firearms become firearms. They have no basis for the import bans of concealable handguns or foreign machine guns found in the 1968 GCA. They have no basis for closing the NFA registry. They have no basis for the 89 import ban. And they will have no basis for any domestic AW ban.

The "sporter clause" within the 1968 GCA is the most blatant infringement of the second amendment that has ever become law. The second amendment is about securing rights, not sporting applications.

Im in. Lets go.

SteyrAUG
11-29-18, 00:21
Im in. Lets go.

Inform the NRA. Seriously, wish it was just as simple as everyone understanding the best strategy.

PatrioticDisorder
11-29-18, 05:28
Inform the NRA. Seriously, wish it was just as simple as everyone understanding the best strategy.

I’d imagine the best strategy is to challenge it when the SCOTUS is stacked well in our favor, I say after RBG is replaced with an originalist, that would be the right time.

223to45
11-29-18, 13:25
I’d imagine the best strategy is to challenge it when the SCOTUS is stacked well in our favor, I say after RBG is replaced with an originalist, that would be the right time.Or we can the liberals what they want. Increase the size of the SC to 20.
Then Trump has 11 more spots to fill. We would be set for a while.