PDA

View Full Version : Bren 2 MS, USA Version - is here per CZ-USA

Type5
12-04-18, 02:07
CZ-USA says the civilian Bren 2 is here now. It is called Bren 2 MS.
Not more info yet - different fore end and ???
Wonder if they will be at the distributors and dealers in time for Christmas? No price points or quantities are mentioned.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq7qGa9hko6/

MadAngler1
12-05-18, 09:50
I would love to play with a 7.62x39 version. It’s a winner if the gas system is adjustable for suppressed use. AK mags would be awesome but I can live with proprietary mags. I’m also interested in the 5.56 NATO version. I already have a SCAR 17, but I want a short-stroke 5.56 NATO rifle in my collection.

Bret
12-05-18, 15:29
I have a full sized 805 Bren, so I'm in for a pistol of this new version if I can convert it to an SBR.

Type5
12-05-18, 15:54
Yes, curious to see how this will roll out - lots of possibilities but not much info yet.
Here is a European link with more pictures of the Bren 2 MS -
https://www.czub.cz/en/produkty/semi-auto/cz-bren-2-ms.html

Have not found a distributor or dealer that lists them yet - curious about price point!

indianalex01
12-08-18, 03:15
Yes, curious to see how this will roll out - lots of possibilities but not much info yet.
Here is a European link with more pictures of the Bren 2 MS -
https://www.czub.cz/en/produkty/semi-auto/cz-bren-2-ms.html

Have not found a distributor or dealer that lists them yet - curious about price point!
Lipsey’s and RSR distributors have then posted but out of stock. They will be here soon I think.54890

Aries144
12-11-18, 08:02
I would love to play with a 7.62x39 version. It’s a winner if the gas system is adjustable for suppressed use. AK mags would be awesome but I can live with proprietary mags. I’m also interested in the 5.56 NATO version. I already have a SCAR 17, but I want a short-stroke 5.56 NATO rifle in my collection.

The gas regulator is three position: Normal, Adverse, and Off. The Off setting simply lacks a hole and blocks gas from meeting the piston. It wouldn't be too difficult to turn the Off setting into a Suppressed setting by drilling a small hole and gradually enlarging it while testing for function. CZ seems to be pretty good about selling spare parts as well, so a spare gas regulator for experimentation doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.

sundance435
12-11-18, 13:08

I'd be interested if it took AK mags. If not, then I've owned enough proprietary mag guns that I'd avoid going that route again.

Type5
12-11-18, 14:09
It does not take traditional rock in magazines. With the Bren 2 the magazine well can be modified by either removing or adding an insert. Takes standard AR type mags for 5.56 and CZ 7.62x39 mags that push in. Should also work with 7.62x39 mags that work with an AR if the mag well insert is used.
But no, it does not take “AK” mags.

Aries144
12-12-18, 12:07
It does not take traditional rock in magazines. With the Bren 2 the magazine well can be modified by either removing or adding an insert. Takes standard AR type mags for 5.56 and CZ 7.62x39 mags that push in. Should also work with 7.62x39 mags that work with an AR if the mag well insert is used.
But no, it does not take “AK” mags.

It is possible to permanently modify magpul AK magazines to work with the 7.62x39 version. There's a video on youtube showing a way to do this.

Stickman
01-01-19, 00:41
Anything to update either caliber?

Type5
01-01-19, 14:48
I think the next news will probably come from Shot Show - sorry, I just don’t have an answer.

SeriousStudent
01-01-19, 15:56
I would be very, very interested in a suppressed 7.62x39 SBR version.

It would make a very useful can opener.

wolffie
01-19-19, 21:29
I found this on CZ’s LE website.

https://youtu.be/9MMbSoCvU18

The video indicates a suppressor setting. Not sure if that means off or reduced gas port? Still waiting for them to start shipping. I’m pretty hot and bothered by the 308 version. But these look sweet and are available soon.

Anyone have any idea what the 922r count is on them? Mag parts and flash hider are easy on the 556 version. And with the 14” a pinned warcomp should get you to 16”.

Aries144
01-20-19, 01:50
I found this on CZ’s LE website.

https://youtu.be/9MMbSoCvU18

The video indicates a suppressor setting. Not sure if that means off or reduced gas port? Still waiting for them to start shipping. I’m pretty hot and bothered by the 308 version. But these look sweet and are available soon.

Anyone have any idea what the 922r count is on them? Mag parts and flash hider are easy on the 556 version. And with the 14” a pinned warcomp should get you to 16”.

I got one of the early Bren 2S models. It has three gas settings: normal, adverse, and off. It probably wouldn't be hard to shoot it a few times in the off setting and use the carbon as a marker to drill your own suppressor setting. I'd wait until replacement parts are available first of course.

MadAngler1
01-20-19, 09:23
I emailed CZ USA about the gas port settings, and the rep could not answer the question. I guess we’ll know more at the Shot Show about the “newer” “Americanized” M2S model. Hopefully, Geisselle is working on a trigger for 922r

I’m with you SeriousStudent, I would love a suppressed 7.62x39 version. I know the Sig 553R uses AK mags but what the Bren 2 has to offer is better in terms of weight, parts, cost and ergonomics. Of course, maybe someday we’ll get Sako M92 pistols from Finland ;)

SamM
01-29-19, 06:09
Any news from SHOT 2019 about the release date for the Bren 2 in rifle configurations? I need the 5.56 and 7.62 BR badly!

SamM

Type5
01-29-19, 07:52
The fact that you have to ask says a lot. You really have to hunt to find information about Brens from Shot Show. Why? Because Brens are not on the short list of important projects for CZ- USA.
There is nothing planned for USA imports of civilian Bren 2 BR (308) in 2019.
Bren 2 MS (5.56), no rifles this year, they don’t have the pistols yet, still working to import them.
They did not feature or promote the Bren line even thought the 805 is removed from their online inventory.
922r and stocks in 2019, probably not going to happen this year either.
Judging from the lack enthusiasm from CZ-USA, I’d say you should lower your expectations and move on.
I have one of the 300 Bren Pistols that we’re imported and I love it. I will move on to other things.

Bret
01-29-19, 08:12
Type5, what (or who) specifically is your source for this information?

Type5
01-29-19, 11:29
You will need to search YouTube videos - I spent lots of hours looking for and reviewing hours of videos beginning the day Shot Show opened. Currently, I have not found one in depth video about the Bren 2 MS - on CZ-USA INSTAGRAM channel, they said the Bren 2 MS is here. Where is here? What is here? A sample? I did not see any Bren Video from Range Day - hey, Video may be out there and someone hasn’t posted it. At the CZ-USA Booth, only the one example of the MS was shown in each case. They did mention 2 calibers and 3 barrel lengths for each caliber but there was one example - now I was not there and someone else may have seen 6 examples of each pistol they list. On video CZ-USA said Pelosi was holding it up - meaning they have not processed yet and are not available.
You may go to The Firearms Blog, scroll through their Shot Show coverage. There you will find CZ-USA told them no BR’s this year, they do not have the MS’s because of gov formalities, and there will be no MS Rifles or Carbines this year.
CZ-USA is producing the P10 Pistol now - lots of promotion and advertising for it. I am hyped on the Brens and I only hope that the MS will not be handled like the ACR. The Bren 2s is awesome and CZ REALLY dropped the ball - I hope at some point they decide to get behind the MS.
Until CZ-USA offers a BR and/or a MS with a stock or 922r kits, I am going to buy Brugger & Thomet products for the foreseeable future.

WickedWillis
01-29-19, 11:38
You will need to search YouTube videos - I spent lots of hours looking for and reviewing hours of videos beginning the day Shot Show opened. Currently, I have not found one in depth video about the Bren 2 MS - on CZ-USA INSTAGRAM channel, they said the Bren 2 MS is here. Where is here? What is here? A sample? I did not see any Bren Video from Range Day - hey, Video may be out there and someone hasn’t posted it. At the CZ-USA Booth, only the one example of the MS was shown in each case. They did mention 2 calibers and 3 barrel lengths for each caliber but there was one example - now I was not there and someone else may have seen 6 examples of each pistol they list. On video CZ-USA said Pelosi was holding it up - meaning they have not processed yet and are not available.
You may go to The Firearms Blog, scroll through their Shot Show coverage. There you will find CZ-USA told them no BR’s this year, they do not have the MS’s because of gov formalities, and there will be no MS Rifles or Carbines this year.
CZ-USA is producing the P10 Pistol now - lots of promotion and advertising for it. I am hyped on the Brens and I only hope that the MS will not be handled like the ACR. The Bren 2s is awesome and CZ REALLY dropped the ball - I hope at some point they decide to get behind the MS.
Until CZ-USA offers a BR and/or a MS with a stock or 922r kits, I am going to buy Brugger & Thomet products for the foreseeable future.

I saw a video last night that said the Government shutdown put a large part of their plan to release on hold. Left them up in the air.

Here is that video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G40z0hyju2k

SamM
02-04-19, 22:10
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/czs-new-bren-2-ms-shot-show-2019/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20190204_SHOT_8&utm_campaign=/digest/czs-new-bren-2-ms-shot-show-2019/

Type5
02-04-19, 23:32
SamM - thanks for the link!

SamM
02-05-19, 00:48
You're very welcome. As many others, I am very interested in these rifles. Hopefully, their timeline will be short.

SamM

Aries144
02-25-19, 03:04
I was fortunate enough to be able to snag one of the 14" Bren 2Ss that made it in late last year and finally managed to break away long enough to give it a rough zero and quick and dirty accuracy test.

The Bren 2's controls are easy to actuate and very positive when wearing heavy winter gloves. The charging handle is neither too big nor too small. The weapon can be safed in any condition. The trigger guard bolt release is also easy to use with winter gloves, though it'd be nice to see an aftermarket replacement for this with wings at the bottom to keep fingers out of the trigger guard when actuating it. The first stage takeup on the trigger is long, but the second stage break is perfect: it is zero effort to break shots without disturbing sight picture. There was a 10 mph crosswind, so quick and dirty accuracy test was from 25 yards using a 5x scope. The largest of all groups was 2.5 MOA (0.65" at 25 yards) with Frontier 55gr ball.

I may be getting prematurely optimistic, but this firearm might just be the one to finally solve every little complaint I have with both the AR-15 and AK, except for the foregrip length which will need a goose neck light mount of some sort. For everything else this firearm offers, I can live without being able to orangutan grip it an inch behind the muzzle, and the Bren 2MS won't have even that issue. I can hardly wait until 7.62x39 conversion kits become available.

The MS version looks like it might be capable of supporting barrels shorter than 8". It strikes me that inclusion of a 5-7" .300blk barrel would offer strong competition to SIG's Rattler in the folding stock PDW category. Frankly, the Bren 2MS stands to easily beat SIG's MCX/Virtus series in every category, including price.

It seems it's hard to find fault with a firearm designed with the help of lessons learned from a combat tested ancestor design, guided by the strong influence of combat veterans of a 1st tier country's special forces.

SamM
02-25-19, 08:08
Thanks for the information.

Aries144
02-26-19, 07:15
After some reflection, I've come to the following conclusions:

What obvious flaws does the Bren 2 posses?

The AK74SU length handguard (won't affect the MS version),
Lack of an out-of-the-box suppressor setting (one could easily be added as a factory or aftermarket option, or via gunsmith modification due to the design of the gas plug)
The in-trigger-guard bolt release (an aftermarket part with added horizontal nubs at the bottom could address this).

What does a Bren 2 offer that a factory AR15 doesn't?

Folding stock. (e.g. for use as a very short barrel PDW in 7.62x39 or .300blk)
Armorer level maintenance with hand tools only. (no bench or vice needed, the gas block even has wrench flats for two-wrench flash hider removal)
Better potential MRBF due to more modern design.
Better potential MRBS in some adverse condition tests if the adverse gas setting is allowed.

What is it reasonable to expect the Bren 2 to do better than contemporary designs?

VS ARX100: Available in "Pistol" format, better average accuracy with an absence of irreconcilable extreme (6+ MOA) outlier examples, better stock trigger, better charging handle, and potential for PDW rifle calibers with barrels shorter than 10".

VS MCX/Virtus: Better controls, significantly cheaper, significantly lighter weight, stronger more corrosion resistant receiver alloy, better stock trigger, much better FCG parts life, better manufacturer reputation for QC, better replaceable handguard design for retaining zero of aiming devices, better potential MRBS in some adverse condition tests with use of adverse gas setting.

VS SCAR16s: Available in "Pistol" format, better controls, significantly cheaper, lighter weight, better stock trigger, more rugged stock design, cheaper spare parts with better availability, and potential for PDW rifle calibers with barrels shorter than 10".

Bret
11-01-19, 19:23
Does anyone know if a regular metal AR15 magazine will lock in the 7.62x39 Bren 2?

Aries144
11-02-19, 05:09
Does anyone know if a regular metal AR15 magazine will lock in the 7.62x39 Bren 2?

The magwell is too big for an AR15 mag. The 5.56 version of the Bren 2 has a magwell insert for use with AR15 mags.

At least one guy has suggested that AR15 7.62x39 mags might work with the 7.62x39 version if you can get your hands on a 5.56 magwell insert.

indianalex01
11-05-19, 22:44
I was fortunate enough to be able to snag one of the 14" Bren 2Ss that made it in late last year and finally managed to break away long enough to give it a rough zero and quick and dirty accuracy test.

The Bren 2's controls are easy to actuate and very positive when wearing heavy winter gloves. The charging handle is neither too big nor too small. The weapon can be safed in any condition. The trigger guard bolt release is also easy to use with winter gloves, though it'd be nice to see an aftermarket replacement for this with wings at the bottom to keep fingers out of the trigger guard when actuating it. The first stage takeup on the trigger is long, but the second stage break is perfect: it is zero effort to break shots without disturbing sight picture. There was a 10 mph crosswind, so quick and dirty accuracy test was from 25 yards using a 5x scope. The largest of all groups was 2.5 MOA (0.65" at 25 yards) with Frontier 55gr ball.

I may be getting prematurely optimistic, but this firearm might just be the one to finally solve every little complaint I have with both the AR-15 and AK, except for the foregrip length which will need a goose neck light mount of some sort. For everything else this firearm offers, I can live without being able to orangutan grip it an inch behind the muzzle, and the Bren 2MS won't have even that issue. I can hardly wait until 7.62x39 conversion kits become available.

The MS version looks like it might be capable of supporting barrels shorter than 8". It strikes me that inclusion of a 5-7" .300blk barrel would offer strong competition to SIG's Rattler in the folding stock PDW category. Frankly, the Bren 2MS stands to easily beat SIG's MCX/Virtus series in every category, including price.

It seems it's hard to find fault with a firearm designed with the help of lessons learned from a combat tested ancestor design, guided by the strong influence of combat veterans of a 1st tier country's special forces.

I found the accuracy to terrible with many different loads. I had the Bren 2 14inch. 1st stage trigger was to long. Great break though. I sold it based on accuracy alone.

Aries144
11-06-19, 03:04
I found the accuracy to terrible with many different loads. I had the Bren 2 14inch. 1st stage trigger was to long. Great break though. I sold it based on accuracy alone.

What sort of accuracy were you seeing? I'm curious if it was similar to the sub 3 MOA I was getting with 55gr ball or if it was wildly worse.

indianalex01
11-06-19, 12:11
3 MOA and worse with 62gn Gold dot, 55gn American Eagle, FGMM was about 3 moa. MK318 SOST too

Aries144
11-06-19, 16:19
3 MOA and worse with 62gn Gold dot, 55gn American Eagle, FGMM was about 3 moa. MK318 SOST too

Yeah, certainly not up to FN standards. That's more in line with what I'd expect from a very average AK-74.

I got my Bren 2 after an experience with a 6+ MOA ARX100 and then an escalating nightmare having to deal with two returns, a $70 "shop fee" charge for the first declined warranty service, lies, and outright verbal abuse from Beretta's warranty decision maker (who is also, apparently, their head of production!), just to get them to take responsibility for the damned thing. The 2.5 MOA or so I'm seeing with my Bren 2s and 55gr ball seems like bliss in comparison.

Thanks for the info. It doesn't reflect well to think that CZ would consider that kind of performance within spec on a rifle that expensive.

indianalex01
11-06-19, 23:43
Yeah, certainly not up to FN standards. That's more in line with what I'd expect from a very average AK-74.

I got my Bren 2 after an experience with a 6+ MOA ARX100 and then an escalating nightmare having to deal with two returns, a $70 "shop fee" charge for the first declined warranty service, lies, and outright verbal abuse from Beretta's warranty decision maker (who is also, apparently, their head of production!), just to get them to take responsibility for the damned thing. The 2.5 MOA or so I'm seeing with my Bren 2s and 55gr ball seems like bliss in comparison.

Thanks for the info. It doesn't reflect well to think that CZ would consider that kind of performance within spec on a rifle that expensive.

LMAO.. I just got an ARX100 to replace the Bren 2 with. I hope my result isn’t the same as your.

556Cliff
11-07-19, 01:09

Are you getting 2.5 MOA at 100 yards with the Bren 2? Or was that only at 25 yards?

My second ARX is shooting about 8 inch groups at 100 yards so far, which is kind of disappointing.

Aries144
11-07-19, 08:54
Are you getting 2.5 MOA at 100 yards with the Bren 2? Or was that only at 25 yards?

My second ARX is shooting about 8 inch groups at 100 yards so far, which is kind of disappointing.

It was at 25 and translated out to 2.5 MOA. Almost exactly, IIRC. I was using 55gr frontier and a 5x scope. So, that would mean a group of about 0.6" at 25 yards.

How does your first ARX shoot? I thought the 6+ MOA ones were rare and I was just unlucky. I've spoken with two other guys who've had that issue. I know there are some out there that hold 3 MOA.

That does cast an interesting light on why that head of production guy was so aggressive and manipulative over the phone. He's the guy responsible for all the ****ed up rifles, had somehow also managed to become the guy who decided whether a product was defective or not, and was using that authority to cover up all the problem rifles! How the hell, in a corporation that size, does the head of production become the head of customer service and warranty review anyway? Talk about a conflict of interest, LOL.

LMAO.. I just got an ARX100 to replace the Bren 2 with. I hope my result isn’t the same as your.

Uh oh. The best I'm hearing with those is 3 MOA with match ammo man. Good luck.

556Cliff
11-07-19, 09:59
It was at 25 and translated out to 2.5 MOA. Almost exactly, IIRC. I was using 55gr frontier and a 5x scope. So, that would mean a group of about 0.6" at 25 yards.

How does your first ARX shoot? I thought the 6+ MOA ones were rare and I was just unlucky. I've spoken with two other guys who've had that issue. I know there are some out there that hold 3 MOA.

I never have shot my first ARX for groups... It's been sitting in the safe for about a year now without a muzzle device, waiting on me to decide which flash suppressor I want to go with.

My first one was from the first batch in 2014, and my second one is from 2018. I also just bought a third one from Buds Gun Shop, but I'm not sure when it was made yet.

I actually smoked the ARX in the accuracy department with my brothers home built M16A1 that has a Brownells/Ballistic Advantage 20" 1/7 A1 barrel and iron sights. I got 3 1/2 inches at 100 yards using the same SS109 reloads. I couldn't even clearly see the target with iron sights at 100 yards, but somehow it beat the ARX which is equipped with an ACOG TA31H-G... All 10 shot groups by the way, I don't consider anything less than that an accurate assessment of a rifle's accuracy. I think a lot of people are just firing a few three to five shot groups and cherry picking the best one.

I did try some Hornady 75gr. 8126N and it didn't do as good as IMI M855. I'm planning to try some Black Hills 77gr. on the next range session, but that might not be until next year.

Aries144
11-07-19, 12:07
All 10 shot groups by the way, I don't consider anything less than that an accurate assessment of a rifle's accuracy. I think a lot of people are just firing a few three to five shot groups and cherry picking the best one.

I couldn't agree more.

I'm planning to try some Black Hills 77gr. on the next range session, but that might not be until next year

I used to shoot twice a week when I was single, three times every other week counting competitions. The past five years, I'm lucky if I get out twice a year. We're turning into collectors, lol. I'm looking forward to things finally settling down.

556Cliff
11-07-19, 14:47
I used to shoot twice a week when I was single, three times every other week counting competitions. The past five years, I'm lucky if I get out twice a year. We're turning into collectors, lol. I'm looking forward to things finally settling down.

Lol, for me it seems like every time I finally have the time to go shoot, I may or may not have the energy... Always too much crap that needs to be done that doesn't leave any time for the fun stuff. I've collected a lot of parts over the years to do various AR builds, but I just never have the time to get to it.

I'm only 36 though, and I don't have a girlfriend taking up all my time so I must be doing something wrong. :blink:

Aries144
11-07-19, 18:22
Lol, for me it seems like every time I finally have the time to go shoot, I may or may not have the energy... Always too much crap that needs to be done that doesn't leave any time for the fun stuff. I've collected a lot of parts over the years to do various AR builds, but I just never have the time to get to it.

I'm only 36 though, and I don't have a girlfriend taking up all my time so I must be doing something wrong. :blink:

Haha, yeah life gets busy. I'm ready to get out and get back in practice.

anubismp
11-14-19, 10:22
Ive got a Bren 2 on order and I'm looking over brace options. Does anyone know of a telescoping brace like the scorpion or APC mechanisms for the Bren 2s? I've seen the folding stuff but i'd like a really small storage option.

wolffie
11-14-19, 17:01
Ive got a Bren 2 on order and I'm looking over brace options. Does anyone know of a telescoping brace like the scorpion or APC mechanisms for the Bren 2s? I've seen the folding stuff but i'd like a really small storage option.

Where have you found a folding brace for the Bren 2? I’ve seen them for the Bren 805 but not the Bren 2. I haven’t decided yet whether to SBR mine or not... haven’t actually fired it yet... at the moment I’m not looking forward to going down the rabbit hole of SBRing and finding US Parts for another Euro Rifle. I’m assuming Custom Smith MFG will turn up something sooner or later. But haven’t seen any available yet. I don’t like the appearance of Reciever extensions hanging off if euro guns either.

The_War_Wagon
11-14-19, 18:15
The more I read on the Bren 2, the happier I am to have an 805 S-1. :cool:

RS4
11-15-19, 22:29
I’m really hopeful that the Bren 2 w/ 9” 7.62x39 barrel turns out to be a solid performer. Something that could drop pigs and also get tossed in a backpack in the truck (and cost $0.23/round). Hopefully the wobbly back plate gets fixed, and/or some good aftermarket folding braces become available.

anubismp
11-15-19, 23:35
Where have you found a folding brace for the Bren 2? I’ve seen them for the Bren 805 but not the Bren 2. I haven’t decided yet whether to SBR mine or not... haven’t actually fired it yet... at the moment I’m not looking forward to going down the rabbit hole of SBRing and finding US Parts for another Euro Rifle. I’m assuming Custom Smith MFG will turn up something sooner or later. But haven’t seen any available yet. I don’t like the appearance of Reciever extensions hanging off if euro guns either.

There's an Acr adapter on Dan hagas site. That plus the acr brace should make for a nice stout folding brace option. Im betting the usual suspects will be along with stuff shortly.

Aries144
11-17-19, 04:37
Yeah, I saw Dan Hagas stuff. It looks good, but the price to make all that happen: ouch. You're talking $500+ to get that.

I'm still hoping someone makes an adapter to allow the Bren 2 factory folding stock with a Tailhook brace.

wolffie
11-17-19, 22:18
I saw the ACR adapter. But I’m not very enthusiastic about an ACR stock for that gun. And even less enthusiastic about an acr brace... I might just hold off a bit longer and see what CZ can turn out for US parts and a stock. Or see if someone turns out a decent brace. I’m not in a huge hurry. And have enough other projects to keep me distracted.

ETA: I actually have the acr stock on my 805 and it fits the rifle well. Also makes optic mounts easier since I don’t have to find a super low mount... but... I’m also inclined to put the original back. I ended up with an aimpoint and may just find a low mount and go back to the original.

anubismp
11-18-19, 21:29
I have the cz stock arm/ brace on my scorpion and its a fantastic setup. If they could do the same thing for the Bren I'd be very happy though I do still want a telescoping brace.

Aries144
11-19-19, 06:15
I have the cz stock arm/ brace on my scorpion and its a fantastic setup. If they could do the same thing for the Bren I'd be very happy though I do still want a telescoping brace.

That's exactly what I want. Design a brace adapter to replace the buttstock half of the factory stock and I'm happy.

Bubba FAL
03-07-20, 12:14
Picked up a Bren 2Ms about a month ago (14" bbl 5.56), put a SB folding adapter and SB3 on it. Works great. Mine had a lot of wobble, but the right size washer between the sling plate and receiver eliminated most of the play. Dan Haga sells a kit for $10 if you don't want to scrounge up the hardware yourself.
As far as shooting, trigger is nice, the thing is smooth shooting. Using the stock iron sights @ 50yds, my first 10 rounds landed in about 1.5" using cheap steel case 55gr hollow points. No sign of vertical stringing like my X95. Interested to see what it does with better ammo and optics. Front sight post is pretty wide for any kind of precision.
Did I mention it's smooth shooting?

Oh, if you want to go the SBR route, CZ is supposed to be releasing the carbine stocks for sale soon.

Magsz
03-08-20, 00:12
Picked up a Bren 2Ms about a month ago (14" bbl 5.56), put a SB folding adapter and SB3 on it. Works great. Mine had a lot of wobble, but the right size washer between the sling plate and receiver eliminated most of the play. Dan Haga sells a kit for $10 if you don't want to scrounge up the hardware yourself.
As far as shooting, trigger is nice, the thing is smooth shooting. Using the stock iron sights @ 50yds, my first 10 rounds landed in about 1.5" using cheap steel case 55gr hollow points. No sign of vertical stringing like my X95. Interested to see what it does with better ammo and optics. Front sight post is pretty wide for any kind of precision.
Did I mention it's smooth shooting?

Oh, if you want to go the SBR route, CZ is supposed to be releasing the carbine stocks for sale soon.

"soon" is relative...my LEO rep is telling me Q2 but he also told me Q1 for Bren 2's like two years ago...soooooooo....

I'm trying not to be too much of a negative nelly lol.

MadAngler1
03-08-20, 16:40
"soon" is relative...my LEO rep is telling me Q2 but he also told me Q1 for Bren 2's like two years ago...soooooooo....

I'm trying not to be too much of a negative nelly lol.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-bren-2-ms-carbine/

I called CZ the week after they made the annoucement for the carbine. It may not get to stores until the 2nd half of this year. They couldn’t answer any technical questions, such as an adjustable gas block for suppressed use.

Give the hype around this platform, I think CZ could have done a better job to one up the SCAR than they have. I may still buy a SCAR 16s if the opportunity arises.

mebiuspower
03-09-20, 19:47
Bren 2 is a newer/improved design over SCAR.

kwelz
03-09-20, 23:50
https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-bren-2-ms-carbine/

I called CZ the week after they made the annoucement for the carbine. It may not get to stores until the 2nd half of this year. They couldn’t answer any technical questions, such as an adjustable gas block for suppressed use.

Give the hype around this platform, I think CZ could have done a better job to one up the SCAR than they have. I may still buy a SCAR 16s if the opportunity arises.

I have both and love both. But the CZ is lighter and shoots better. It is better than the SCAR in most ways. And this is coming from someone who loves the SCAR. I am just waiting for the HB Industries handguards to come back in stock so I can finish mine up the way I want it.

wolffie
03-10-20, 21:08
From an esthetics standpoint the 16” gun is awesome! And am looking forward to getting my hands on one. I’m a little surprised at the stated weight! It’s listed as being pretty close to my apc223 sport, which “feels” heavy. Granted they CZ includes a stock in that number..)

I’ve got an 11” Bren 2 and it’s so light and handy compared to APC and the 805...

MadAngler1
03-12-20, 18:57
I have both and love both. But the CZ is lighter and shoots better. It is better than the SCAR in most ways. And this is coming from someone who loves the SCAR. I am just waiting for the HB Industries handguards to come back in stock so I can finish mine up the way I want it.

Does your CZ 806 have an adjustable gas block for suppressed use?

Vgex2
03-12-20, 22:31
From an esthetics standpoint the 16” gun is awesome! And am looking forward to getting my hands on one. I’m a little surprised at the stated weight! It’s listed as being pretty close to my apc223 sport, which “feels” heavy. Granted they CZ includes a stock in that number..)

I’ve got an 11” Bren 2 and it’s so light and handy compared to APC and the 805...

In one of the videos they stated the carbine barrel is “beefed up” over the pistol Bren 2. That is most likely why the weight is a bit higher than expected.

kwelz
03-14-20, 00:32
Does your CZ 806 have an adjustable gas block for suppressed use?

It does have an adjustable gas block yes. However my understanding is that it is not for suppressor use.

Bubba FAL
03-14-20, 14:30
The BREN2 has a third gas position which is basically an off position (barrel port is blocked). This third position can be tuned for suppressor use by drilling an appropriately sized hole in the valve. Since most of us mere mortals aren't firing rifle grenades, the loss of the off position is not a big deal.

mebiuspower
03-14-20, 17:35
When I asked why there isn't a suppressor gas setting, I was told by CZ the gun will run fine with suppressors on the regular gas setting.

Bret
03-15-20, 22:50
I'd like to know what their definition of "run fine" is. Overgassed rifles that launch spent cases in to orbit and blow back a ton of gas to your face run fine. However, that's not ideal.

wolffie
03-15-20, 23:43
I'd like to know what their definition of "run fine" is. Overgassed rifles that launch spent cases in to orbit and blow back a ton of gas to your face run fine. However, that's not ideal.

It is a piston gun. So gas in the face will likely be the result of gas through the chamber. Not the gas system itself. I like the idea of a smaller port/suppressor setting to calm down the action. That said, I haven’t fired my 11” pistol. Nor have I even put a qd Mount on it... so I can’t speak as to how the suppressor affects the cycling.

It would probably be possible to modify the gas plug to get what you want.

WickedWillis
03-16-20, 12:36
Guy at my indoor range last month let me shoot his 8" 5.56 Bren 2 with a sandman (I believe) 7.62 can. I was pretty impressed how little gas to face I had. Compared to my Tavor pre-gasket it was pleasant. It's still there, but not close to unbearable. I think 8" 556 is worthless though

MadAngler1
03-17-20, 00:04
It does have an adjustable gas block yes. However my understanding is that it is not for suppressor use.

Until they include a gas valve with a suppressor setting, I am not interested. For $1700, it should include one. Should be simple enough for their custom shop to give us options.

wolffie
03-17-20, 12:40
I would love a suppressor setting. But not a deal breaker and CZ is receptive enough with the custom shop that something is bound to come along. My AUG, Bren 805, don’t have suppressor settings... and are enjoyable to shoot suppressed. And I’m glad to have them. The CZ is desirable as as a new factory European Gun that’s actually obtainable. I missed the 80’s and early 90’s of plentiful factory built European military clones... I feel like we’re in a second golden age of gun collecting. A 16” Bren 2 is definitely on my list.

Bubba FAL
03-18-20, 18:08
Until they include a gas valve with a suppressor setting, I am not interested. For $1700, it should include one. Should be simple enough for their custom shop to give us options.

That's a pretty hard line statement, particularly when the solution exists. As I explained in my previous post, CZ leaves the third position blank so you can tune to your specific can and load. But, hey, you do you, your loss if you can't drill a hole.

MadAngler1
03-19-20, 04:12
That's a pretty hard line statement, particularly when the solution exists. As I explained in my previous post, CZ leaves the third position blank so you can tune to your specific can and load. But, hey, you do you, your loss if you can't drill a hole.

Most of us do not own drill presses. Again, CZ Custom shop should offer some simple gas valve options. When you call customer service, they act clueless about running a suppressor. Of course, this is no better or worse than FN, whose reps have told me on multiple occasions “we do not support the use of suppressors on the SCAR”.

Waylander
03-19-20, 10:37
It may be CYA for companies like CZ, FN, and even B&T. If you have issues with your gun or something breaks, one of the first things they ask is if you were using a suppressor. They’re going to do their best to shift blame to the suppressor, the ammo, and the user. They probably don’t want to have to deal with the added headache when according to them, the guns run fine on a standard gas setting. I can’t say I blame them.

If you drill your own port and have to send the gun back for warranty work, expect that to be an issue and depending on the severity of the damage, your claim might totally be denied.

Bret
03-19-20, 10:53
Most of us do not own drill presses.
What's the depth that you'd have to drill? I don't imagine it would be deep enough for the accuracy between a drill press and hand drill to matter.

Aries144
03-19-20, 20:01
What's the depth that you'd have to drill? I don't imagine it would be deep enough for the accuracy between a drill press and hand drill to matter.

There's a guy over at the CZ forum who just did this. The metal is quite hard, and the surface is rounded. Probably need a drill press with an end mill bit to start to make a flat spot for drilling. I don't think I'd want to attempt it with a hand drill.

It wouldn't be hard to take the rifle to a gunsmith and ask them to do it though. Probably 2-3 hours shop time max.

I'm still going to wait until there are replacement parts, just in case there are issues.

MadAngler1
03-20-20, 09:08
There's a guy over at the CZ forum who just did this. The metal is quite hard, and the surface is rounded. Probably need a drill press with an end mill bit to start to make a flat spot for drilling. I don't think I'd want to attempt it with a hand drill.

It wouldn't be hard to take the rifle to a gunsmith and ask them to do it though. Probably 2-3 hours shop time max.

I'm still going to wait until there are replacement parts, just in case there are issues.

Exactly, and you need a fixture/jig to hold it in place, let alone the appropriate tiny drill bits to precisely make the hole the size you want it.

If Swiss Arms/JDI can offer various gas valves for the 55x, so can CZ. It shouldn’t be that hard to test different cans with their rifle. Time consuming yes, but technically feasible. FN should do the same with the stupid gas jet screws.

Bret
03-20-20, 14:50
If Swiss Arms/JDI can offer various gas valves for the 55x, so can CZ.
The 55X series gas valves can be drilled by hand using an automatic center punch, the proper sized & type of drill bit and a hand drill. The key is knowing exactly where to put the hole. I'm not familiar with the CZ because I don't have one, but it's on my list.

Aries144
03-20-20, 17:10
Exactly, and you need a fixture/jig to hold it in place, let alone the appropriate tiny drill bits to precisely make the hole the size you want it.

If Swiss Arms/JDI can offer various gas valves for the 55x, so can CZ. It shouldn’t be that hard to test different cans with their rifle. Time consuming yes, but technically feasible. FN should do the same with the stupid gas jet screws.

I thought FN DID offer different gas jet screws with different aperture sizes?

Aries144
03-20-20, 17:17
The Bren 2 gas cylinder is nitrided, so it's going to be pretty hard, at least at first. No experience with automatic center punches. Thinking about it, careful work with a dremel grinding tool could make a divot that could then be drilled. Would be tricky to do by hand though.

Bret
03-20-20, 22:52
Goodness, don't use a dremel to make a starting point for drilling. An automatic center punch is exactly what you'd need.
https://youtu.be/XQEppD5vCR0?t=302

Aries144
03-21-20, 01:46
Goodness, don't use a dremel to make a starting point for drilling. An automatic center punch is exactly what you'd need.
https://youtu.be/XQEppD5vCR0?t=302

If it works, great. I just don't know how well that would work on a hard rounded surface with a small diameter.

TLDR: If the auto center punch didn't work, I don't see a good way to do it without a drill press.

Turnkey11
03-25-20, 07:06
I thought FN DID offer different gas jet screws with different aperture sizes?

FN gas jets have been available longer than the spare barrel assemblies have. I was playing with gas jets in 2010 with my cut 16" barrel assembly.

anubismp
03-25-20, 10:10
Having recently put a can on my Bren 2 11" I would love a spare cylinder with some sort of gas solution. I got smoked out shooting it set to regular/normal gas. It has alot of things I like about it but I'll likely wipe 90 percent of the oil out of it before trying that again. Shooting it unsuppressed it was light and quick. I'm looking for a brace adapter at some point and will look into getting that shim probably from Dan Haga. That wobble is surprising if I'm being nice. Hardly a deal breaker but not what I expected.

wolffie
03-25-20, 12:24
Wobble???

What can are you using?

kwelz
03-26-20, 11:06
Having recently put a can on my Bren 2 11" I would love a spare cylinder with some sort of gas solution. I got smoked out shooting it set to regular/normal gas. It has alot of things I like about it but I'll likely wipe 90 percent of the oil out of it before trying that again. Shooting it unsuppressed it was light and quick. I'm looking for a brace adapter at some point and will look into getting that shim probably from Dan Haga. That wobble is surprising if I'm being nice. Hardly a deal breaker but not what I expected.

I didn't even notice this until you posted about it. Kind of like the upper and lower wobble. Not important but surprising when you notice it.

anubismp
03-26-20, 11:12
Yep. Hasn't impacted my shooting but seems like a weird oversight. Definitely not a huge issue.

I have an OPS 12th in .30 on it as I don't have any other rifle cans. I really should pick up a newer can at some point though don't get me wrong, I love that ops.

wolffie
03-26-20, 13:07
I Had to google it, I never noticed the wobble. I’ve got the Dan Haga Zhukov adapter and Zhukov brace adapter. It came with a replacement for the piece that snugs that up. I don’t care for the looks of the brace. But it’s not bad cheek weld wise. I’ve still not shot it....

If I snag a carbine version. I may SBR the 11” Gun in the long run.

kwelz
03-26-20, 17:35
I Had to google it, I never noticed the wobble. I’ve got the Dan Haga Zhukov adapter and Zhukov brace adapter. It came with a replacement for the piece that snugs that up. I don’t care for the looks of the brace. But it’s not bad cheek weld wise. I’ve still not shot it....

If I snag a carbine version. I may SBR the 11” Gun in the long run.

Have any photos of the gun? I am going to SBR mine I think.

wolffie
03-27-20, 00:46
Have any photos of the gun? I am going to SBR mine I think.

Sorry. Took a bit of effort... am at home with a 19 month old, two week old, and my wife. Not much free time to sneak out to the garage... god I need to go back to work... anyway. Here it is. I’m not crazy about the look. But it seems to work. I may swap it out if something better comes along.

kwelz
03-27-20, 20:31
Sorry. Took a bit of effort... am at home with a 19 month old, two week old, and my wife. Not much free time to sneak out to the garage... god I need to go back to work... anyway. Here it is. I’m not crazy about the look. But it seems to work. I may swap it out if something better comes along.

Hmmm I don't hate it. Currently I just have a Tailhook Mod 2 threaded onto the stock adapter. So it collapses a bit but no folding. I was thinking about the ACR adapter but with the ACR being discontinued I am not sure the future there.

wolffie
03-27-20, 23:30
Hmmm I don't hate it. Currently I just have a Tailhook Mod 2 threaded onto the stock adapter. So it collapses a bit but no folding. I was thinking about the ACR adapter but with the ACR being discontinued I am not sure the future there.

I thought the acr stock is going to be made again? They sell more stocks to B&T owners and cz owners than they ever did on ACRs.

VIP3R 237
03-28-20, 00:57
I thought the acr stock is going to be made again? They sell more stocks to B&T owners and cz owners than they ever did on ACRs.

Kdg has taken over as the primary distributor of the ACR stock.

kwelz
03-28-20, 14:57
Ok that is great news. Thanks guys.