PDA

View Full Version : Shot Show 2019..Anyone going?

elephant
12-06-18, 02:58
Just seeing if any of you are attending Shot Show 2019?

RHINOWSO
12-11-18, 14:09
Pass. Unless you are truly industry or press, it's just a bunch of sweaty dudes reeking of booze fondling guns, looking for freebees, and pretending to be someone. And don't forget the Asians taking photos of guns for their airsoft knock offs.

:D :D :D

Freelance
12-11-18, 14:26
Yeah, I passed the last two years. Only reason to attend any more for me personally is to attend the demo day ( Tuesday.) Nothing I am excited enough about this year to miss a couple days with my family.

Renegade
12-11-18, 16:21
After 6 consecutive years, I am passing. It has gotten very boring. Last year I only spent 3 hrs or so in the show.

YutYut
12-13-18, 23:56
I've found that in the past 12 years attending off and on, it's not so much about the show but getting to see old friends and making new ones. That and the mil/LE range day.

That said, won't be making it in 2019 due to other commitments but will try to make it in 2020.

Ak44
12-14-18, 00:24
Pass. Unless you are truly industry or press, it's just a bunch of sweaty dudes reeking of booze fondling guns, looking for freebees, and pretending to be someone. And don't forget the Asians taking photos of guns for their airsoft knock offs.

Haha! Damn Asians..

elephant
12-14-18, 06:01
I was recently awarded a patent and a patent pending status for a device that I came up with. I and going to Shot Show, not to promote my product or even to discuss it but just to see this industry as a whole. I wanted to get a good feel for this industry before I commit to further product development or future capital injections to keep funding this project. I'm hoping to meet some people, and see what others have to offer. I've never been before, so this will be my first time. I do have connections in Vegas so my suite is on the house as well as any show I want to attend. So I am only paying for flight and $70 for convention.

Having said that, what would you recommend for me having no experience? Where should I start? What should I concentrate on? I'm really wanting to come back with a lot of knowledge on this industry as a whole.

VIP3R 237
12-14-18, 07:27
I’m probably only going to catch media day this year, but I might be able to swing a day or two at the show.

It’s a huge convention and even after 4 days you may not see it all, so wear good walking shoes! Also load up on vitamin C as the shot show crud everyone seems to catch is no joke.

The main floor is where all the big brand name booths are, and as fun as it is going to see the huge booths and stuff, the smaller rooms on the sides and the bottom floor give you more chance to interact on a personal level with the vendors and the people behind the products. The after show parties are another good place to make excellent contacts.

Buncheong
12-16-18, 21:50
If I could get in, I would go. But I am not industry or FFL so I can’t get in.

artoter
12-22-18, 19:58
Yeah, I wish. :(

RHINOWSO
12-31-18, 13:29
Having said that, what would you recommend for me having no experience?

(1) Wear comfortable shoes for walking
(2) Wear deodorant and brush your teeth
(3) Bring a backpack but only take freebees that you REALLY like / Want. You'll learn to hate the idiots pulling the carts full of manuals / books / worthless crap etc.
(4) Map out places / companies / people you want to see, then make a plan to get to all of those places over time otherwise you will likely miss some of them.

Jonnyt16
01-01-19, 22:04
One year...I will go. Not this year though.

Stickman
01-03-19, 16:58

You nailed it out of the park with that reply!!! There needs to be much better standards in place for SHOT to curb the clowns, and bring it back to the way it used to be.

murphy j
01-06-19, 15:19
Just seeing if any of you are attending Shot Show 2019?

I'll be attending. My first one as well.

You nailed it out of the park with that reply!!! There needs to be much better standards in place for SHOT to curb the clowns, and bring it back to the way it used to be.

I totally get this. I'm a regular at the Wannenmacher Arms Show in Tulsa. While it's a public show, the broad slice of humanity can be 'interesting'.

One of my best friends from high school is industry and has invited me. I'll be the wide eyed country bumpkin in the big city, but do know how to behave myself. I'm also home trained and know how to wear deodorant and brush my teeth :smile:

RHINOWSO
01-06-19, 19:13
I'll be the wide eyed country bumpkin in the big city, but do know how to behave myself. I'm also home trained and know how to wear deodorant and brush my teeth :smile:

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing, fun, overwhelming experience the first time, especially the first day you are there.

So much stuff, so many people, NRA / TV personalities, etc, etc.

But then reality sinks in and it's just a huge gun show where nothing is for sale and you are getting little to nothing out of the event, unless you are industry / press / seriously 'in the business' of buying - selling guns - ie long term orders, BD work, relationships, etc.

People watching is half the fun after the shine wears off. Enjoy it!

murphy j
01-06-19, 19:48
Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing, fun, overwhelming experience the first time, especially the first day you are there.

So much stuff, so many people, NRA / TV personalities, etc, etc.

But then reality sinks in and it's just a huge gun show where nothing is for sale and you are getting little to nothing out of the event, unless you are industry / press / seriously 'in the business' of buying - selling guns - ie long term orders, BD work, relationships, etc.

People watching is half the fun after the shine wears off. Enjoy it!

I understand all that. I'm going for the experience and to say I've been. It's also a good excuse to get away from school for a couple days, and get together with an old friend in a town I've never been to. The wife isn't exactly happy about me going without her and the kids, but I bought off on her getting primo tickets to Pink for her and her brother. I think I got a fair deal :D

prdubi
01-06-19, 19:49
Its fun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ginzomatic
01-18-19, 07:06
I'll be there!

F22raptor
01-18-19, 15:35
I would greatly appreciate it, if anyone going can pick up an extra Geissele coupon for me. I understand that the codes on it are valid for only one transaction. Thank you in advance!

Renegade
01-18-19, 15:50

They could if they wanted, but the optics of only 25,000 going to SHOT is not what they want. It is not even "SHOT" Show anymore it is "SHOMLET" Shooting, Hunting, Outdoors, Military, Law Enforcement Trade" Show. You cannot grow the show to other markets and then shrink it at same time.

What it needs IMO is a bigger venue and not having stuff on 5 different floors and dozens of rooms.

Jonnyt16
01-21-19, 22:39
Any news? I know the show doesn't start until tomorrow but wasn't today "media day"?

I'm hoping for more AK-47 imports and/or more accessories (optic mounts, handguards, muzzle breaks, etc.) since I've been getting back in to AK's lately. I feel like there should be a lot more options with this platform.

On a side note, I've been emailing Lancer Systems trying to convince them to produce an AK-47 magazine. Fingers crossed!

eternal24k
01-22-19, 08:22
Really hoping someone can get some info on the suppressed Glock with slide lock teased by Blue Force Gear

VIP3R 237
01-22-19, 13:53
Brn-180 So far is the most exciting thing I’ve heard of

jesuvuah
01-22-19, 15:23
Brn-180 So far is the most exciting thing I’ve heard ofThat does look interesting. I wonder I'd you could use that upper in conjunction with the Sig mcx adaptor for the back of a ar15 receiver so you could mount one of the max stocks

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

scottryan
01-23-19, 08:50
2019 = Another year, another round of junk.

No Geissele AR-10 rails
No canadian monolith from Colt
No KAC 11.5" 300 BLK
Glock launches the 43X and 48 in retarded two tone, not solid black
More marketing crap from SIG

0uTkAsT
01-23-19, 11:39
Things that interest me so far for '19 (not necessarily SHOT releases)...

Geissele Super Duty rifles
Remington 700 CP
PWS PCC9
FN509 Midsize & Tactical
P10S Optics Ready
G43X & Gen 5 G19 MOS FS

Trijicon fiber sights
Aimpoint ACRO & M5S
Steiner DRS1X
Shield RMSc
Badger Ordnance 1.70" Condition One Modular Mounts
ADM Titanium mounts & SPEK RDS

Cloud Defensive OWL & COR rails
Inforce aluminum bodied 1500lm WML
Surefire XR1

CCI "Clean .22" and "Quiet Semi Auto" loads

Unity Tactical MARK, FAST LPVO 1.93", cables, Hot Button, offset BUIS, etc.
HHV Gen 2 ATE & RAK
G-Code Phenom Stealth

Jonnyt16
01-23-19, 12:17
Things that interest me so far for '19...

Geissele Super Duty rifles...
Nice. I really hope they offer those back-up irons for purchase separately!

Regarding the Cloud Defensive OWL lights...am I the only one that thinks they are a bit too big/bulky?

0uTkAsT
01-23-19, 12:45
Nice. I really hope they offer those back-up irons for purchase separately!
Ditto.

Regarding the Cloud Defensive OWL lights...am I the only one that thinks they are a bit too big/bulky?
The form factor and price point are literally the only reasons why I'm interested in seeing how the Inforce light they've got on display pans out. I'm sure the OWL will be superior in virtually every other way, but if Inforce can come in at half the price, make it fairly resilient and get the beam pattern dialed in while living up to the claims of output and runtime, I think they'll both come out winners. Inforce has been quite hit or miss in terms of quality, but hopefully they'll take the opportunity to turn a new leaf with the new aluminum line.

And don't get me wrong, I still want an OWL.

TXBK
01-23-19, 13:13
If someone is interested, I just want a bunch of cool swag from the good companies. I will compensate you for being my packmule and pay shipping, of course. I will also pay extra if you release a Lysol bomb inside box before taping it shut. PM me if interested. :)

Rogue556
01-23-19, 14:17
I am disappointed HK didn't announce an optic ready VP9 nor mention of it. They did release a VP9 long slide with a barrel o-ring and 9 o'clock/3 o'clock ports that can be bought slide and barrel only or as complete pistol. Cool, but not really something I see myself wanting and I find it odd they wouldn't have them milled for optics either.

Surefire released the XR1 which looks interesting considering the size and lumen output (600 lumens I believe). I hope it's better than the XC1. They also released a new Vampire pistol light with 400 lumen white light, IR light, IR laser, and visible laser for those running pistols under NV.

The Aimpoint ACRO looks awesome and my wallet is lucky it's not out yet..

BRN-180 is interesting. I doubt I'll own one as I have no need but I bet they do very well.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-24-19, 11:42
PSA MP5 later this year, but I'm guessing next year this time.

Anyone have a good rundown on the PRS new-hotness? Action, chassis, scopes and accessories like LRFs?

Fredkrueger100
01-24-19, 18:07
Is it in the same place every year or does it change venues? I don’t travel outside of my state very often and when I do it’s only Texas. I wouldn’t mind going just to be able to see it.

FightinQ
01-25-19, 07:39
2019 = Another year, another round of junk.

No Geissele AR-10 rails
I don't know if it's the same thing, but Armalite does make a nice one similar to, if you're okay with keymod on it:

https://i.imgur.com/HGECdXv.jpg

scottryan
01-27-19, 16:57
I don't know if it's the same thing, but Armalite does make a nice one similar to, if you're okay with keymod on it:

https://i.imgur.com/HGECdXv.jpg

The Armalite rail is a POS. I had one. It sucked. It squirmed around on the barrel nut.

ginzomatic
02-11-19, 13:31
So later in one of the days I happened upon a booth with a guy who installed toggle-switch locks onto glock slides, allowing the user to fire a single suppressed shot without the weapon cycling (like the old M23 or KAC beretta).

I can't remember for the life of me the name of the company though. Anyone know?

0uTkAsT
02-12-19, 15:01
So later in one of the days I happened upon a booth with a guy who installed toggle-switch locks onto glock slides, allowing the user to fire a single suppressed shot without the weapon cycling (like the old M23 or KAC beretta).

I can't remember for the life of me the name of the company though. Anyone know?

Sounds like The Hush Puppy Project, but to the best of my knowledge they're focusing on the M&P 2.0, not Glock.

ginzomatic
02-12-19, 15:13
Sounds like The Hush Puppy Project, but to the best of my knowledge they're focusing on the M&P 2.0, not Glock.

that rings a bell... I'll check it out. Thanks

titsonritz
02-15-19, 19:37
A little 2019 Shot Show news, two dirtballs that worked as forklift operators at the show are arrested for stealing 29 firearms and 36 suppressors. Some real rocket surgeons here...

SHOT Show organizers require licensees to remove firing pins from all displayed weapons before the firearms enter the convention center, the complaint stated, meaning the guns would need to be modified before they could shoot.

The ATF issued an alert on Friday asking gun store owners to “be attentive for any individuals seeking gunsmithing services or, more specifically, firing pins.”

The next day, the owner of Gun Shop Las Vegas on St. Rose Parkway in Henderson reached out to the ATF, saying Limon, Foster and a woman had purchased a 12-gauge shotgun and magazines and asked about a firing pin for an AR-style firearm.

The men said “they were told by an associate that the firing pin needed to be replaced when it was cleaned,” according to the complaint. The owner concluded “the individuals were unfamiliar and/or new to firearms.” Limon told the owner that he worked at SHOT show.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/02/15/two-morons-steal-65-guns-at-shot-show-2019/?fbclid=IwAR0nzsomvG3axYdhkAsopmlbpZVE6xFyM1ZykQApoHkwEU-teCS7pVC_KPE