PDA

View Full Version : Gun Range Shenanigans . . . YIKES!

Moose-Knuckle
12-07-18, 06:15
So pretty much anywhere you go in this day and age there is a digital camera recording, this includes gun rages for safety and security as well as liability. With the advent of this technology we get to see a lot more epic fails in real time.

Post your personal encounters, stories, photos, videos, and or news links in this thread so we can all laugh, cringe, cry, and even possibly learn from.

I'll start . . .

Here we have what appears to be a LE range in Brazil that never seemed to get around to cleaning up their range of powder residue, this happened last month in November. Let this be a reminder to owners/operators of indoor ranges AND their customers of the importance of air filtration systems and usage of good old fashioned brooms.

(the fireworks begin @ 1:26)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9vBzo8B-qA

Moose-Knuckle
12-07-18, 06:18
Next up we have a guy who thinks its a good idea to not only take selfies on the firing line but decides to go full retard and take a selfie while he points his handgun at his buddy's head....

:stop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Rlr9ffmxo

Moose-Knuckle
12-07-18, 06:28
Who has had hot brass go down their shirt before? Everyone right....

Bet you didn't shoot at the poor range employee just trying to sweep the floor....

:fie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezZezZDDzK0

gaijin
12-07-18, 06:55
Good God.

Reasons I haven't been to a public/indoor range in years.
People can't seem to be bothered with those pesky, three rules of gun safety.

Straight Shooter
12-07-18, 07:17
Just this week a few days ago while shooting my Shield..the guy next to me was having trouble. He called the RSO over & I heard him say.."youre putting 9mm ammo in a .40 cal...that aint gonna work".
I thought SHIT Im glad it didnt..woulda been shrapnel city.
We ARE our own worst enemy.

RetroRevolver77
12-07-18, 07:42
deleted

ST911
12-07-18, 08:27
Just this week a few days ago while shooting my Shield..the guy next to me was having trouble. He called the RSO over & I heard him say.."youre putting 9mm ammo in a .40 cal...that aint gonna work". I thought SHIT Im glad it didnt..woulda been shrapnel city. We ARE our own worst enemy.

That actually works in some guns, and escapes notice until 7-10 yards.

Common error, too.

WillBrink
12-07-18, 08:55
I have seen all of these, but a central repository of Darwin gun behavior was probably needed anyway. The selfie one is by far the worse for me. At least it didn't end with pink mist on the walls, but the level of stupid there boggles the mind. At least the SO jumped on them and kicked their ass out.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-07-18, 10:41
I'd rather copulate au-naturel with sub-saharan hooker near retirement than use an indoor public range.

In the first vid, the flames come up from under the floor boards in front of the shooting positions???

jsbhike
12-07-18, 10:55

Common error, too.

I know a person or 2 that did it in Glocks or Sigs? Found a few at the range....brass looks like a plumbing pipe reducer joint.

Doc Safari
12-07-18, 11:08
This doesn't concern an "official" gun range, but for decades people around here have gone to a little desert area near the dump to shoot. Lately the county has put up signs saying you can go to jail or pay a huge fine for leaving any trash--including fired brass--in the area. In addition, if you go shooting there, a codes enforcement officer may barrel up to you in his pickup and try to "catch you in the act."

Now, I'm not advocating trashing the desert or bringing harm to a law enforcement officer, but I don't think it's wise for the guy to come zooming up to shooters at full speed in a pickup truck while they are shooting.

gaijin
12-07-18, 11:26
With exception of introducing new shooter or neophyte, I only shoot/hunt with vetted, proven "gun guys/gals".
I'm too old to put up with dumbshit and prefer not to go by "retard, but friendly, fire".

Zane1844
12-07-18, 11:26
I saw some weirdo shooting an AK pistol at 7yds, looked like he was dancing, bouncing side to side...rounds hitting the ground, maybe the target, and who knows what else. This was at a free, no-RSO, outdoor range. I left thinking he might shoot me by accident.

I saw someone blow a BFA off with a live round recently, too.

sgtrock82
12-07-18, 11:37
Im nearly convinced there is a deep state op installing hidden looser magnets at all gun stores and ranges ;)

They seem to work extra efficiently at indoor ranges.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

OH58D
12-07-18, 11:47
Haven't been in or on a formal gun range since 1999. Glad I don't need one after seeing that kind of buffoonery. Out here we just use a natural berm and shoot whatever target we haul out to set up.

Business_Casual
12-07-18, 15:31
I like the bullet holes in the glass partitions at the NRA HQ range.

SteyrAUG
12-07-18, 16:57
You have seen NOTHING until you've been on a public access range in Florida. Grown adults doing crap 12 year olds know is wrong.

WickedWillis
12-07-18, 17:22
I am puckered any time I have to go to a local range to rent a new handgun, or shoot something I am interested in buying.

Moose-Knuckle
12-07-18, 18:51
I'd rather copulate au-naturel with sub-saharan hooker near retirement than use an indoor public range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD63WvLUNS0

In the first vid, the flames come up from under the floor boards in front of the shooting positions???

I believe what happened was that there was so much unburned powder residue that built up on the floor and in the floor grates that the muzzle flash from that shotgun ignited the powder that was on the floor in front of him.

hotrodder636
12-07-18, 18:54
I was at an indoor range with my younger brother a few years ago on the lane second from the left wall. There was about a 2 foot by 5 foot pile of brass in front of the far left lane. Similar to the first video (not nearly as energetic) the pile caught fire. While not an RSO, I called a cease fire and ushered everyone put of the firing lanes and got a fire extinguisher and put out the flames. Needless to say we dont go back there if they can’t take care of their shit.

Moose-Knuckle
12-07-18, 18:55
I saw some weirdo shooting an AK pistol at 7yds, looked like he was dancing, bouncing side to side...rounds hitting the ground, maybe the target, and who knows what else. This was at a free, no-RSO, outdoor range. I left thinking he might shoot me by accident.

Scottyryan called it years ago about the sort that pistol versions of military rifles attract, obviously not all rifled caliber pistol owners are this way but damn . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0EQxtcYhco

Straight Shooter
12-07-18, 21:35

Common error, too.

I know a person or 2 that did it in Glocks or Sigs? Found a few at the range....brass looks like a plumbing pipe reducer joint.

You mean the round actually fires? No ka-blooey?! I nearly shat after hearing that..the guy only said "ah geez".

jsbhike
12-07-18, 21:48
You mean the round actually fires? No ka-blooey?! I nearly shat after hearing that..the guy only said "ah geez".

I think it Usually splits the case. The guy I know personally that experienced it with his son said it mostly fire formed the 9mm to the .40 chamber and the one I recall finding looked like that.

I would say there is a good chance that at least some mangled looking cases at ranges didn't get that way from a mower or being stepped on.

LMT Shooter
12-08-18, 17:42
I'll try & find the .40S&W brass I have that was fired from a .45ACP Glock & post a pic. No splitting at all, just flared out. It wasn't mine, and I wasn't there, another instructor gave it to me.

flenna
12-08-18, 20:56
I'll try & find the .40S&W brass I have that was fired from a .45ACP Glock & post a pic. No splitting at all, just flared out. It wasn't mine, and I wasn't there, another instructor gave it to me.

Yep, that's what I would say, too.

LMT Shooter
12-08-18, 22:26
Yep, that's what I would say, too.

Well, I'm sticking with my story. :cool:

Business_Casual
12-09-18, 06:21
Scottyryan called it years ago about the sort that pistol versions of military rifles attract, obviously not all rifled caliber pistol owners are this way but damn . . .

This is the type of thing that well-intentioned gun restrictions are aimed at, people that shoot irresponsibly. I’m not saying they are right, I’m saying they usually have a reason and assuming they are evil is wrong.

Moose-Knuckle
12-09-18, 06:29
This is the type of thing that well-intentioned gun restrictions are aimed at, people that shoot irresponsibly. I’m not saying they are right, I’m saying they usually have a reason and assuming they are evil is wrong.

Yup, I wasn't trying to imply anything should be banned with that.

Any type of firearm can and WILL be shot irresponsibly, with that said rifle caliber pistols seem to be the star attraction for the low hanging fruit. I see their benefit as a work around the NFA/SBR redtape, especially for guys who cross state lines and or live in a state that has bans on SBRs.

jsbhike
12-09-18, 07:36

I don't think there are any will intentioned restrictions, just people wanting to engage in wrong doing without suffering consequences for their wrong doing.

Seen just as much, if not more, ignorant crap out of traditional sporting gun owners than anything modem military and considering a long time good way to get accidentally shot is via being out during deer or turkey season I don't think my experience has been much of an anomaly.

Business_Casual
12-09-18, 13:26
I don't think there are any will intentioned restrictions, just people wanting to engage in wrong doing without suffering consequences for their wrong doing.

Seen just as much, if not more, ignorant crap out of traditional sporting gun owners than anything modem military and considering a long time good way to get accidentally shot is via being out during deer or turkey season I don't think my experience has been much of an anomaly.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?211438-Ronald-Reagan-amp-Gun-Control

Moose-Knuckle
02-08-19, 15:45
The back story on this one is that the gentleman who violates the four basic rules of firearm safety was placing his open palm in front of the muzzle to check the function of his laser.

About that . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMGPpVtO1vw

Moose-Knuckle
02-08-19, 15:48
It appears this guy was using some sort of rail mounted VFG that came loose as he went to shoot in full auto. I don't know the legality of a VFG on that particular G17 to G18 conversion but they sure didn't use a thread locking compound on the mounting hardware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11fcg543Jow

Inkslinger
02-08-19, 16:20
I can’t believe nobody posted this classic.
https://youtu.be/gLB5nOtqjoU