PDA

View Full Version : OH mayor goes full 'Tard

WillBrink
12-07-18, 08:58
OH is pretty awful as it is on 2A Rights, but City of Toledo has gone full retard:

Earlier this month, the City of Toledo announced a new policy that says it will only purchase firearms from "responsible" gun companies. In order to determine which companies are "responsible," city officials say they will ask six questions of manufacturers:

Those questions are:

Do you manufacture assault weapons for civilian use?
Do you sell assault weapons for civilian use?
Which firearms does your company agree to not sell to civilians?
Do you require your dealers to conduct background checks?
Does your company have a plan in place to invest in gun and ammunition-tracing technologies?
Do you use, at a minimum, industry best practices for inventory control and transactions?

Toledo Mayor Wade Kapszukiewicz says he hopes other cities will follow his lead, given that the city's $150,000 annual budget for firearms, ammunition and parts is not likely to put a major dent in manufacturers' bottom lines all by itself.

Cont:

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/city-toledo-questions-gun-manufacturers-says-unsuccessful-answers-will-result-no-contracts?fbclid=IwAR28aVPaTfgJexSz7KguNdImNNxWZIZTPIp0M6FVfLXQemRf71Vm5LWT40o

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-07-18, 09:43
Uhm, the city is ‘civilians’......

RetroRevolver77
12-07-18, 09:46
deleted

jmp45
12-07-18, 09:51
Good God, the madness is spreading.

HeruMew
12-07-18, 09:54
150k?

We have some members here who have spent that easy by themselves. I would bet their own citizens wind up with more money invested in the industry than their own Government.

soulezoo
12-07-18, 09:55
I call this "management by hubris". Usually public employees in the management/executive level that think they are all that.

BoringGuy45
12-07-18, 10:00
I'm sure pretty much every gun company is going to tell him to lick their asses after a night of Mexican food.

SomeOtherGuy
12-07-18, 10:04

+1000

Idiots like this deserve a good mocking. He shall hereafter be known as "Lord Commander Wade Kapszukiewicz, Regent of Toledo and the Sea of Erie, Emperor of Lucas County, Supreme Potentate of Northwest Ohio, Master of Wail and Fail."

WillBrink
12-07-18, 10:08

A most inconvenient fact!

$150K budget for firearms- LOL and he thinks he can dictate terms.

150k?

We have some members here who have spent that easy by themselves. I would bet their own citizens wind up with more money invested in the industry than their own Government.

I'm sure pretty much every gun company is going to tell him to lick their asses after a night of Mexican food.

To the idiot mayors credit, he admits his is a drop in the bucket, but hopes other cities will follow his lead, which would impact firearms manufacturers. Problem is, I don't think a single one would fit the "criteria" nor will they change to fit it as the non LE sales likely exceed LE sales by miles for all but the biggest LE accounts.

Whiskey_Bravo
12-07-18, 10:11
$150K budget for firearms- LOL and he thinks he can dictate terms.

lol, not just firearms. That 150k is also for ammo and parts.

thopkins22
12-07-18, 10:15
The hilarious thing is that BCM could answer five of those questions the way he wants to hear it.

Nobody makes assault rifles for civilians anymore. Every dealer in the country is required by law to perform background checks. Of course they track their inventory. It’d be easy to agree to not sell assault rifles to civilians...because it is unlawful to do so.

Dude is confused. He could actually word it to achieve what he wants and someone could just have a bunch of lowers machined for a company set up exclusively to do business with Toledo and assemble quality parts into.

The whole thing is absurd. But I feel that way about all of the states that touch the Great Lakes.

26 Inf
12-07-18, 10:17
lol, not just firearms. That 150k is also for ammo and parts.

Yeah, lots of luck getting an ammo manufacturer to abide by that idiocy.

thopkins22
12-07-18, 10:20
Problem is, I don't think a single one would fit the "criteria" nor will they change to fit it as the non LE sales likely exceed LE sales by miles for all but the biggest LE accounts.

It may be pedantic, but with the exception of the ammo tracing question, every single reputable company in the nation fits every single criteria he set forward. And that was “do you have a plan in place?”

“Bobby, draft a plan of bullshit so we can get this contract.” The listed criteria requires zero action on it nor does it require any investment nor anything measurable.”

HeruMew
12-07-18, 10:23
The hilarious thing is that BCM could answer five of those questions the way he wants to hear it.

Nobody makes assault rifles for civilians anymore. Every dealer in the country is required by law to perform background checks. Of course they track their inventory. It’d be easy to agree to not sell assault rifles to civilians...because it is unlawful to do so.

Dude is confused. He could actually word it to achieve what he wants and someone could just have a bunch of lowers machined for a company set up exclusively to do business with Toledo and assemble quality parts into.

The whole thing is absurd. But I feel that way about all of the states that touch the Great Lakes.

As a Man who lives on the Wolf Snout of the Largest of All Great Lakes; I approve this message.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fd/Seal_of_Minnesota-alt.png

WillBrink
12-07-18, 10:28
It may be pedantic, but with the exception of the ammo tracing question, every single reputable company in the nation fits every single criteria he set forward. And that was “do you have a plan in place?”

“Bobby, draft a plan of bullshit so we can get this contract.” The listed criteria requires zero action on it nor does it require any investment nor anything measurable.”

When that's all you have, along with a healthy dose of ignorance, that's where ya end up. People like him will maintain every AR sold, and perhaps every pistol with high cap mag, etc etc are "assault" weapons and so forth. If we go by facts and reality, every major manufacturer could easily answer those Qs, but the Qs themselves tell us he does not know what any of that actually means, and I doubt would be satisfied with any answer given.

When your actual criteria is "gun bad" while trying to actually sound smart to the masses of morons like him, I don't see any major manufacturer being able to answer them as he envisions it, which is they don't sell any ARs to "civilians" they only sell muskets and .22 rifles, and so forth.

jsbhike
12-07-18, 10:28
I never have understood why firearms/ammunition companies want to cater to them at all. After 2001, .gov purchases are about 35% of total sales in the U. S., up from about 20% prior to then. Makes zero sense why any business would extend perks to the group trying to shut down said business. Let them try to enforce their anti gun schemes with sticks and stones.

Kudos to BCM and Barrett.

jmp45
12-07-18, 10:29
Maybe Wade should be more attentive to the child sex trafficking and stop f'ing around with people's rights.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-07-18, 10:38
I never have understood why firearms/ammunition companies want to cater to them at all. After 2001, .gov purchases are about 35% of total sales in the U. S., up from about 20% prior to then. Makes zero sense why any business would extend perks to the group trying to shut down said business. Let them try to enforce their anti gun schemes with sticks and stones.

Kudos to BCM and Barrett.

And it never seems like they are sold at a very good margin.

RetroRevolver77
12-07-18, 11:13
deleted

titsonritz
12-07-18, 11:29
Sorry guys all we could get for our $150K are these Del-Ton parts kits, does anyone know how to put these things together?

RetroRevolver77
12-07-18, 11:35
deleted

WillBrink
12-07-18, 12:03
The new definition for assault rifle is ones that fire semi-auto or auto.

Definition of assault rifle:
any of various intermediate-range, magazine-fed military rifles (such as the AK-47) that can be set for automatic or semiautomatic fire
also : a rifle that resembles a military assault rifle but is designed to allow only semiautomatic fire

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assault%20rifle

Hence my point in #15, which is synonymous with "assault weapon" in their minds. The def is what ever they think it is, and facts be damned.

MegademiC
12-07-18, 12:08
OH is pretty awful as it is on 2A Rights, but City of Toledo has gone full retard:

Earlier this month, the City of Toledo announced a new policy that says it will only purchase firearms from "responsible" gun companies. In order to determine which companies are "responsible," city officials say they will ask six questions of manufacturers:

Those questions are:

Does your company have a plan in place to invest in gun and ammunition-tracing technologies?
Do you use, at a minimum, industry best practices for inventory control and transactions?

Toledo Mayor Wade Kapszukiewicz says he hopes other cities will follow his lead, given that the city's $150,000 annual budget for firearms, ammunition and parts is not likely to put a major dent in manufacturers' bottom lines all by itself.

Cont:

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/city-toledo-questions-gun-manufacturers-says-unsuccessful-answers-will-result-no-contracts?fbclid=IwAR28aVPaTfgJexSz7KguNdImNNxWZIZTPIp0M6FVfLXQemRf71Vm5LWT40o

In what ways is OH awful on 2A?

Tx_Aggie
12-07-18, 12:27
Hence my point in #15, which is synonymous with "assault weapon" in their minds. The def is what ever they think it is, and facts be damned.

They work very hard, with the aid of higher education, entertainment, and the news industry (also mostly just entertainment these days) to mold language to fit their world view. It's the left's strongest weapon in the culture war.

But I know I'm preaching to the choir, and going OT....

fledge
12-07-18, 13:39
Toledo cops will be armed with Henrys and revolvers.

Honu
12-07-18, 14:13

Those questions are:

Cont:

the industry has to come together and refuse sales to any and all cities that support idiocy and things like sanctuary cities etc.. and if any company steps out they are banned from any larger org or shows and so on so that company is then isolated etc.. put the screws to these idiots big time

thopkins22
12-07-18, 14:22

Well for one if a law abiding citizen without a CHL transports a loaded firearm in your vehicle within reach you pick up a fourth degree felony.

WillBrink
12-07-18, 15:55

Always read OH was not one of the better states for 2A with some oddball laws. Not CA and NJ bad, but not exactly TX or Alaska good, somewhere in the middle. Am I wrong about that?

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-07-18, 16:03
Always read OH was not one of the better states for 2A with some oddball laws. Not CA and NJ bad, but not exactly TX or Alaska good, somewhere in the middle. Am I wrong about that?

When I lived there and go back, it is the oddity of the laws. No loaded mags in the car with out a CCW- that was a thing AFIAK. No CC in bars. I know it is that way in a lot of places, but it isn't universal and here in CO, it isn't a problem. Bars don't mean drunk.

RetroRevolver77
12-07-18, 16:13
deleted

thopkins22
12-07-18, 16:22
Ohio is actually now one of the best states for gun laws with the fewest restrictions.

But don’t you dare drive down the toad from one farm to another with a loaded rifle in your truck!

But I firmly believe that it’s probably amongst the best if we say east of Kansas and north of Tennessee.

RetroRevolver77
12-07-18, 16:34
deleted

thopkins22
12-07-18, 16:45
Concealed carry of handguns with permits but rifles have to be unloaded in a case or in open view while traveling in a vehicle. Supposedly we can transport mags loaded in a container but I haven't look that one up and Google doesn't want us to find those answers. As far as transporting loaded long guns, that's the only restriction I know about to be honest. We can still open carry handguns and even long guns without a permit something Texas requires a permit to do from my understanding.

Oh Texas definitely has some stupid gun laws.

flenna
12-07-18, 16:53

I think they use the term civilians because at this point in the game they are still hesitant to call us serfs, peasants or tax generators.

RetroRevolver77
12-07-18, 17:00
deleted

Ned Christiansen
12-07-18, 17:06
+1000

Idiots like this deserve a good mocking. He shall hereafter be known as "Lord Commander Wade Kapszukiewicz, Regent of Toledo and the Sea of Erie, Emperor of Lucas County, Supreme Potentate of Northwest Ohio, Master of Wail and Fail."

OK, based on that I am going to find time to read each and every post you have ever made, because if one of them is half as good as that, it will have been worth it.

jsbhike
12-07-18, 18:18
Look at all the retarded firearms manufacturers driving down the values on the real manufacturers. If there was more demand for the quality manufacturers then they could dictate terms to these failing cities. Maybe even not sell them at all unless they respect their citizens 2nd Amendment rights.

The big manufacturers were sucking up to anti gun government for how many decades when said governments comprised only 20% of their business again?

Somehow I doubt Colt was going to celebrate their bicentennial by cutting any agencies off like how they did NFA dealers who transferred M-16's to the peasantry.

In fact, the 2013 list of companies that wouldn't sell full features firearms/accessories to agencies or individual officers in states that had banned the sale of those firearms to the serfs was mainly comprised of newer/smaller scale companies.

jsbhike
12-07-18, 18:25
But don’t you dare drive down the toad from one farm to another with a loaded rifle in your truck!

But I firmly believe that it’s probably amongst the best if we say east of Kansas and north of Tennessee.

Kentucky has far too many antigun laws (one, is one too many), but is much less hostile to firearms ownership than Tennessee or other adjoining states with the possible exceptions of West Virginia and Indiana.

R6436
12-07-18, 19:37

Those questions are:

My friend that convinced me to purchase my first AR has always express the view that if a gov't entity tried to ban/restrict firearms or related items the manufacturers should take a stand and tell them "we're sorry, but if private citizens can't have our product neither can you". I'd love to see (but doubt it would happen) companies refuse to sell to this town.

Business_Casual
12-07-18, 19:51
My friend that convinced me to purchase my first AR has always express the view that if a gov't entity tried to ban/restrict firearms or related items the manufacturers should take a stand and tell them "we're sorry, but if private citizens can't have our product neither can you". I'd love to see (but doubt it would happen) companies refuse to sell to this town.

I believe Barrett did that to CA.

jsbhike
12-07-18, 20:35
I believe Barrett did that to CA.

Yes and BCM cancelled an order made by Milwaukee PD because their chief was calling for a ban.

The_War_Wagon
12-07-18, 23:30
OH mayor goes full 'Tard

SELF-inflicted though that be, Pittsburgh's mayor - 3 dollar Bill :rolleyes: - says, "Hold my latte and watch THIS (https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/peduto-plans-grassroots-movement-to-pass-gun-legislation/883185565?fbclid=IwAR3153zZ3NND_XF_UB8NtrU5Jjhj4g9RVelQUQ8-14mIAHYwATu88zDFQn4)!"

They all love drinking that Kommunist Kool-Aid!

Arik
12-07-18, 23:38
Guess they're going to be buying HiPoints

Moose-Knuckle
12-08-18, 06:18
In order to determine which companies are "responsible," city officials say they will ask six questions of manufacturers:

Those questions are:

Well those first two are easy enough, since the term "assault weapon" is made up terminology to describe any firearm with politically incorrect features invented by some PR firm for the MSM to spin up the disarmament agenda with every manufacture can honestly answer, "No".

Circle_10
12-08-18, 07:34
I want to start a firearms company, build a great team of personnel, strive hard to innovate and expand my manufacturing capability and turn out a truly superior, revolutionary product that becomes the go-to brand carried and trusted by numerous agencies throughout the US and abroad..... purely so I can tell this guy to go **** himself when he calls.

MegademiC
12-08-18, 10:58
Already covered, but yes Kasich has done really good things here gun-wise. Hes changed his tune now, but we:
1. Can have any NFA
2. Have no mag restrictions
3. Have castle doctrine

Yes, long guns have to be unloaded, no big deal. Shall issue CCW.

Not the best laws, but i would say they are “good”.

ralph
12-09-18, 11:53
One thing you have to remember this is Toledo we're talking about here, Toledo has a history of full 'tard mayors, this one's no different. And as was pointed out by MegademiC above, Ohio's gun laws aren't that bad.. All I ask is, don't judge the rest of the state by one idiot communist democrat mayor..

Jsp10477
12-09-18, 13:18
Guess they're going to be buying HiPoints

Or HK’s

Arik
12-09-18, 13:38
Or HK’sI don't get it

Jsp10477
12-09-18, 14:51
Being a smart ass. HK is restricted to which firearms can be imported for civilian sale but .gov has no problem getting anything from the product line. That was all.