PDA

View Full Version : M4 muzzle flash

austrianoak
11-02-08, 21:08
I got my new M4 about a month ago and it is awesome and I love it. but.....I was hoping it had a pretty good muzzle flash, but there is nothing but a spark when I shoot in the dark. do they make rounds that give a sweet muzzle flash? thanks.

LibertyCola
11-02-08, 22:05
take off the flash suppressor.

ZDL
11-02-08, 22:07
First, why?

Second, take off what I assume is an A2, flash hider.

But more importantly.... why? :confused:

jaydoc1
11-02-08, 23:31
Someplace there's a mall without a ninja.
http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/legionxs/ninja1.gif

RogerinTPA
11-02-08, 23:40
I'm scratching my head on this one as well.:confused: Why would you want a weapon that produced large muzzle blast?

chadbag
11-02-08, 23:44
I'm scratching my head on this one as well.:confused: Why would you want a weapon that produced large muzzle blast?

Because it is fun to mess around with taking cool pictures at night, once.

A friend and I were out like 5 years ago at dusk shooting in an old quarry. He had a mini 14 with no muzzle device and 20" barrel. I had my AR with M4 barrel (14.5") and Phantom (permanently installed for legality).

We were shooting the same ammo (some S African stuff). His mini 14 gave huge balls of fire on each shot. My gun gave basically nothing except a small spark and a very very minimal faint glow at the muzzle end once in a while.

Kind of interesting to compare, but worthless once you've done it.

ryanm
11-03-08, 02:56
If the goal is to make a ridiculous muzzle flash, I recommend the FN-FAL Carbine.

Abiqua
11-03-08, 09:39
or an HK51

markm
11-03-08, 09:49
Degroat makes a "Flash Enhancer". But they're on the back burner at this time.

I like the ridiculous flash of a .357 mag in low light. It's silly and not practical, but cool looking!

SwatDawg15
11-03-08, 11:01
Degroat makes a "Flash Enhancer". But they're on the back burner at this time.

I like the ridiculous flash of a .357 mag in low light. It's silly and not practical, but cool looking!

Years ago in the academy a lady was shooting a night fire corse with a .357 mag. Looked like she had a freakin flame thrower :cool:

markm
11-03-08, 11:11
Years ago in the academy a lady was shooting a night fire corse with a .357 mag. Looked like she had a freakin flame thrower :cool:

It's incredible the flash out the sides of the cylinder. You can't even see the target for a few seconds after a shot in low light.

Stormy556
11-03-08, 11:43
Bushmaster makes an AK74 style brake that makes a huge fireball. Also I've noticed an increased muzzle flash with Win. Q3131 556.

SSGN_Doc
11-03-08, 16:22
Because it is fun to mess around with taking cool pictures at night, once.

A friend and I were out like 5 years ago at dusk shooting in an old quarry. He had a mini 14 with no muzzle device and 20" barrel. I had my AR with M4 barrel (14.5") and Pha ntom(permanently installed for legality).

We were shooting the same ammo (some S African stuff). His mini 14 gave huge balls of fire on each shot. My gun gave basically nothing except a small spark and a very very minimal faint glow at the muzzle end once in a while.

Kind of interesting to compare, but worthless once you've done it.

The phantom is one of the better supressors for reducing flash.

Big flash can be affoardable if you buy a Mosin Nagant M44 with 18" barrel and use some of the surplus 7.62x54R rounds.