PDA

View Full Version : Vickers BCM Factory tour

graffex
12-09-18, 09:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHc5gfl1NZ8

Everyone see this yet? Some very interesting tidbits

Man, sounds like BCM has some exciting stuff in the works. Including a entire new weapon system :D

everready73
12-09-18, 12:27
They are slow to market on new things but they want it right the first time. Nice to see they expanded

I thought the coolest part was seeing how much goes into qc/qa. Lots of different processes and gauges/instruments making sure things are to spec and in working order.

I think the above is what some of the "as good as" people don't get. Those things cost money

SeriousStudent
12-09-18, 13:01
The start of that video really had me chuckling! That Hellcat is cool. :)

And the new facility looks awesome. Decades of hard work really pays off.

RHINOWSO
12-09-18, 13:29
Interesting that he said the rail systems were some of the biggest sellers, even after most have condemned KMR to extinction!

Wake27
12-09-18, 13:40
Interesting that he said the rail systems were some of the biggest sellers, even after most have condemned KMR to extinction!

Well he did acknowledge that includes the whole rail lineup. I believe it though, I feel like they’re super popular for home builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RHINOWSO
12-09-18, 14:25
Well he did acknowledge that includes the whole rail lineup. I believe it though, I feel like they’re super popular for home builds.

Oh I got that. Personally I think KMR accessory installation is way easier than MLOK and for a non-military weapon that doesn't get dropped off of HMMVs, it's good for me.

hk_shootr
12-09-18, 15:42
Damn.......almost didn’t recognize Larry. He’s lookin great!

bamashooter
12-09-18, 16:08

Pretty cool deal here. When I say cool, I mean his response to all the basement dwelling jerks regarding his physical condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4M7ud5gk8g

WillBrink
12-09-18, 16:49
Pretty cool deal here. When I say cool, I mean his response to all the basement dwelling jerks regarding his physical condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4M7ud5gk8g

Honestly, I don't think he needed to give said basement dwelling jerks a second of his time as to personal appearances. No ones f-ing biz but his. It's the intel between his ears I'm most interested in. Whether "fat" due to injuries, or no chits given about it after decades of being in 10/10 shape, none of my biz.

My comments: with his prior injuries, etc, CF would not have been my first choice, but if it's working for him and he's enjoying it, drive on Larry.

BuzzinSATX
12-09-18, 16:57

I agree. I'm really glad for him.

hk_shootr
12-09-18, 17:27
Honestly, I don't think he needed to give said basement dwelling jerks a second of his time as to personal appearances. No ones f-ing biz but his. It's the intel between his ears I'm most interested in. Whether "fat" due to injuries, or no chits given about it after decades of being in 10/10 shape, none of my biz.

My comments: with his prior injuries, etc, CF would not have been my first choice, but if it's working for him and he's enjoying it, drive on Larry.

I wasn’t going there with it. Simply stating, I nearly didn’t recognize him.

He has nothing to prove to anyone. He didn’t need to make a video explanation, He’s been there done that and has gotten more than a few T-shirt’s.

aznginf
12-09-18, 17:53

Lean and mean! He wasn't messing around.

hk_shootr
12-09-18, 18:05
And thank to the OP for posing the BCM tour,.....always love to see what they are up to.
Great parts, have been using them for years

bamashooter
12-09-18, 18:43

I agree. But it's something he wanted to do.

DBake
12-16-18, 14:13
.308, lets see it!

Rogue556
12-16-18, 14:40
That Hellcat is cool.

I had to do a double take after clicking the link. I thought I was watching a Motor Trend review for a moment.

I'd be interested in a SR25 pattern BCM produced in .308/6.5 CM to compete with the SR25 and LMT MWS though.

Hopefully we hear more about the other platform/s they are developing. It's nice to see companies trying to innovate.

veeklog
12-16-18, 14:50

I was impressed how Larry looked; it just goes to show no mattter how old or out of shape you are, if you have that warrior mentality you could do anything. Larry is the consummate professional

Freewilly5759
12-20-18, 15:29
Nice vid! .308 BCM would be awesome to see!

ajyaros
01-05-19, 06:31
Schweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erie Warrior
01-05-19, 18:02
That new upper they are working on looks very interesting.

glockycharms
01-13-19, 00:29
I’ve shot with Larry before and after and the difference is amazing, I hardly recognized the second time.

I also own a couple of their rifles and they have never jammed or given any problems, I own eight different ar’s and Bcm is the first one positioned in the safe for emergencies.

n8vmind
01-14-19, 21:47
I just received a 16" mid gas BCM complete upper. The price point is justified by its built quality and high grade components. Looking at gas key staking, I can tell it was put together by craftmen/women who really care about their product. Bravo Zulu!

On the other hand, I had a Ruger semi auto center fire rifle and it looked like it was put together by workers (wouldn't even dignify them as technicians) using out of spec parts.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

MorphCross
03-02-19, 00:42
https://youtube.com/watch?v=BaFOZAwspYI&

New video that goes even more in depth on what BCM does.

Outlander Systems
03-02-19, 06:49
My singular bitch about BCM is them being out of stock of certain upper/rail combos I’m looking for.

Oh I got that. Personally I think KMR accessory installation is way easier than MLOK and for a non-military weapon that doesn't get dropped off of HMMVs, it's good for me.

Circle_10
03-02-19, 07:16

I'm actually quite fond of their $35 PKMR handguards and have them on three, soon to be four, guns. My ARs all still have fixed FSBs and standard delta rings and the PKMRs are cheap, slimline and work well for my fairly basic accessory attachment needs (pretty much just lights and VFGs)

jackblack73
03-02-19, 14:45

I always wondered why BCM didn't make a vid like this years ago. Or maybe they did and I never came across it...

prepare
03-02-19, 15:04

Great info!

prepare
03-02-19, 15:08
I always wondered why BCM didn't make a vid like this years ago. Or maybe they did and I never came across it...

Me too. I think knowing/seeing the QC processes behind the product is a win win for the company and the consumer.

cd228
03-03-19, 01:32
They showed some of it in the Pat Rogers visit, in particular the gas tube gauging IIRC, but the old facility seemed a bit smaller. I think Larry and Paul made this video to show the advantage of the new building and highlight the almost clinical environment they can now operate in.

I also suspect that this video was made to show that BCM is still dedicated to quality despite getting bigger.