PDA

View Full Version : Ambi-lowers

riverhawk
12-11-18, 20:55
I’m going to buy a ambi-lower soon. I would like to know ya’lls opinion on the best one made.

kukworld
12-11-18, 21:10
I just brought LMT ambi lower for $250 ...I’m digging it, you should check it out

You should also consider radian ambi lower, but they often out of stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defaultmp3
12-11-18, 21:14
Full ambi lowers are much rarer than the half-ambi ones; most will lack a right side bolt lock.

The AXTS/Radian AX566 is usually seen as a great option; it integrates the right side mag drop with the bolt lock. MVB has a forged lower that combines the bolt catch and bolt lock on the right side, with the lever switching function as needed. The ADM UIC and LMT MARS-H are other options that have a separate lever for all the functions, with the latter being forged.

Rogue556
12-12-18, 03:21
I'd say if you are looking for a more traditional looking lower with complete ambi features then look no further than the LMT MARS lowers. For the price they are they best deal going. I like the fact that the left and right side catch/release is identical in feel and function to one another. Now that I own one I find it difficult not to swap all my lowers over.

The other option I'd consider is the American Defense UIC lower, though its function is slightly different than the MARS but still allows bolt lock and release from the right side. It has a lever that acts similarly to a pistol slide lock/release. When you push up you can lock the bolt to the rear, or drop the bolt by pressing downward.

Ambi lowers have certainly come a long way.

PatrioticDisorder
12-12-18, 03:53
Radian are the best, lately they’ve only released their lowers in limited runs. Their ADAC feature puts them above other ambi lowers for righties IMO. You become spoiled being able to lock the bolt open by depressing the magazine release with your right index finger, once you use that you will think all ARs should have been designed that way.

officerX
12-12-18, 05:59
Full ambi lowers are much rarer than the half-ambi ones; most will lack a right side bolt lock.

The AXTS/Radian AX566 is usually seen as a great option; it integrates the right side mag drop with the bolt lock. MVB has a forged lower that combines the bolt catch and bolt lock on the right side, with the lever switching function as needed. The ADM UIC and LMT MARS-H are other options that have a separate lever for all the functions, with the latter being forged.

Radian are the best, lately they’ve only released their lowers in limited runs. Their ADAC feature puts them above other ambi lowers for righties IMO. You become spoiled being able to lock the bolt open by depressing the magazine release with your right index finger, once you use that you will think all ARs should have been designed that way.
$369.99 at Brownell’s. OOS but can be back ordered.

RADIAN WEAPONS - AR-15 AMBIDEXTROUS LOWER RECEIVER 5.56 BLACK (https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-ambidextrous-lower-receiver-5-56-black-prod108556.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=RADIAN%2bWEAPONS)

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

BOOSTjunkie
12-12-18, 14:01
I have the Rainier Ultramatch lower. It is beefy, flared mag well (within reason) and ambi mag and bolt release. I like it and is about 250 bucks. The right side bolt release is a release only and not a catch. Difference between it and the LMT is that the bolt release can be actuated by your index finger if you are right and dominant. It is not just another ping pong paddle. No complaints from it so far.

Jmedic_
12-13-18, 12:52
LMT as others have said, or KAC.

pointblank4445
12-13-18, 13:55
$369.99 at Brownell’s. OOS but can be back ordered.

RADIAN WEAPONS - AR-15 AMBIDEXTROUS LOWER RECEIVER 5.56 BLACK (https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-ambidextrous-lower-receiver-5-56-black-prod108556.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=RADIAN%2bWEAPONS)

I wouldn't hold my breath; I've had several much simpler "Backorder OK" items go over a year before I cancelled. And Radians seem to be a hot item...

Is anyone else nauseated by that awful PMag pattern they put on the Radian magwell? Why to people feel the need to get stupid when doing the aesthetics on billet receivers?

The LMT Mars lower is pretty cool. The two (minor) things I didn't like about it was the clunky/unfinished look of the magwell funnel bevel and the cheap cast "arm" part that extends to the right-side bolt catch to interface with the left side bolt catch. Fit/finish on the rest of the lower was excellent though.

officerX
12-13-18, 13:58
I wouldn't hold my breath; I've had several much simpler "Backorder OK" items go over a year before I cancelled. And Radians seem to be a hot item...

From Brownell’s? I don’t know much about this lower but I’ve always had good luck with back orders from Brownell’s.

pointblank4445
12-13-18, 14:12
From Brownell’s? I don’t know much about this lower but I’ve always had good luck with back orders from Brownell’s.

Yes sir...I've been a loyal Brownells customer for a long time. Had a few times (about a year or two ago) that my backordered items were removed from inventory without being contacted. The circumstances for the lack of product availability were understandable, but I noticed the issue and contacted Brownells as they failed to contact me. I only found out because I tried forwarding the SKU to someone else wanting to order the same parts and they were no longer listed.

It is what it is, but their current fulfillment/shipping times are what anger me the most.

riverhawk
12-13-18, 15:52
I’ve narrowed it down to a lmt or a lwrc. I’m leaning towards the lmt.

fledge
12-13-18, 18:08
No one mentioned American Defense yet?

https://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/browse/category/firearms.-receivers/lower-receivers/

They have a great ambi billet lower too.

CMT’s ambi is also outstanding.

http://www.cmttac.com

I find the typical ambi forged look like ambi is a clunky afterthought. Just my opinion.

26 Inf
12-13-18, 18:31

I don't know if this is a real good price, noticed it when I looking at a defender stripped lower:

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/lmt/m7sl-mars-l-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver/

ALCOAR
12-13-18, 20:05

Nice decision. I can't wait to get a few of the MARS lowers. I'm gonna replace my KAC IWS lowers with them over time hopefully.

They aren't the easy lowers to find though.

aznginf
12-13-18, 20:34
Im trying to understand the purpose for ambi lowers to begin with. Explain it to me like I'm a five year old. If it's my weapon and I train on said weapon to manipulate the safety, charging handle, bolt release ect from right handed or left handed firing then why the need for more parts in the equation or to change the manual of arms. Is it mainly for left handed shooters then?

glockshooter
12-13-18, 20:46
Fledge your inbox has been full for days. I have been trying to reply to you. please clear some space.

pointblank4445
12-13-18, 21:12
No one mentioned American Defense yet?

https://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/browse/category/firearms.-receivers/lower-receivers/

They have a great ambi billet lower too.

See post #3. Default mentioned it