PDA

View Full Version : AR Piston Upper - Not a DI vs. Piston Question

OH58D
12-12-18, 13:56
I have a dozen DI AR's (Colt and LMT) that I have been buying since 1988. I have an extra LMT lower that I would like to put some kind of Piston upper on and try that system out. I have no complaints at all with my DI experience, but I want to at least play around with the piston system which I have not experienced. I don't need anything special with interchangeable barrel or anything extremely high end. I just want a good basic piston upper with 16 inch barrel.

I have looked at the Adams Arms entry level piston upper online, and I have seen some of the POF offerings. For me this would be a learning experience to see how well the piston system works and compare it to what I know and like with my DI weapons.

Any advice would be appreciated.

MistWolf
12-12-18, 14:43
If you want to try a good "piston" upper, get the HK. Probably the best one there is.

georgeib
12-12-18, 15:47
Major, I would like to suggest that you consider an upper by Primary Weapons Systems. They are, as far as I know, the only company that uses a long stroke system for the AR. Uses less moving parts than any of the short stroke systems, made in Idaho by good people with first class customer support, and comes with an adjustable gas system. Much lighter weight than the HK to boot. Probably the most underrated premium AR manufacturer of which I'm aware.

I have no association with PWS beyond being a happy customer.

SomeOtherGuy
12-12-18, 15:53
I've owned two of the Adams Arms midlength piston uppers. In each case I talked myself into buying it on sale. Each one worked fine in 2-3 range trips, each one had different recoil vs. a DI upper, and the second one needed an H2 buffer to be tolerable and was best with an H3 but was marginal in reliability and ejection with an H3. They are functional, and seemed to be made decently. I sold each one of them and obviously decided I didn't need a piston upper.

If you just want to play around I would go with PWS if you can (never had one, only going by design and reputation) or Adams Arms. I've used a friend's POF on several occasions and have not had any desire to buy one myself.

arptsprt
12-12-18, 17:12
Interesting. I was going to recommended the exact opposite. That you do NOT consider PWS.

I live in Idaho (formerly Boise) and I own a PWS. Had to have one. Several people I shoot with have one and had to have one as Idaho folk.

Most of us, including myself, have had nothing but trouble with our PWS piston systems. Mostly gas related issues. The overall consensus is the older units are better than the newer.

My first hand experience with their CS left little to be desired.

Mine is the .308 (Mk216) but the others in the group are 5.56.

My 2 cents.

Major, I would like to suggest that you consider an upper by Primary Weapons Systems. They are, as far as I know, the only company that uses a long stroke system for the AR. Uses less moving parts than any of the short stroke systems, made in Idaho by good people with first class customer support, and comes with an adjustable gas system. Much lighter weight than the HK to boot. Probably the most underrated premium AR manufacturer of which I'm aware.

I have no association with PWS beyond being a happy customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODgreenpizza
12-12-18, 17:16
I've had good luck with a basic adams arms middy. They tend to be less expensive and midway carries spare parts.

militarymoron
12-12-18, 18:10
What about an LMT piston upper to go with the LMT lower? It's not 'higher end' than the receiver ;)

https://lmtdefense.com/parts/mlcpu
Or, if you already have an LMT MRP, there's a pistol conversion kit for it.

HeruMew
12-12-18, 18:33
My only complaint with my two Adam's is the rail selection limitations. Syrac is from the same developer (unconfirmed) or so I have heard. But accomodates most rails.

OH58D
12-12-18, 18:45
What about an LMT piston upper to go with the LMT lower? It's not 'higher end' than the receiver ;)

https://lmtdefense.com/parts/mlcpu
Or, if you already have an LMT MRP, there's a pistol conversion kit for it.

I was looking at the CQB PISTON TOP END. I'm old fashioned and still like the picatinny system.

https://lmtdefense.com/parts/cqbpu

It's just a pricey item at $1749.00. I have heard nothing bad about the LMT piston system, but I have not done much research on it either.

prepare
12-12-18, 19:20
I have a Sig 516 that I've been really happy with. You can get the upper in 10 or 16" for $1155

OH58D
12-12-18, 20:10
I have a Sig 516 that I've been really happy with. You can get the upper in 10 or 16" for $1155
I didn't even think of the Sig piston system. Looks like a possibility as well. As I mentioned, the piston system is something I've never used before so I am in the learning phase right now.

CharlieDeltaJuliet
12-13-18, 06:36
I have owned a few piston AR’s. The Sig 516 I had ran like a top. The only flaw I have with it is the handguard, I just never liked it. I sold it and bought an MCX Rattler. I own the HK MR556 and the MR762. Both run flawlessly. The downfall is they are heavy and expensive. There is a reason I kept both HK’s. Simply, they work, and work well. That being said, the new MCX rifles are nice setups and far cheaper, but if I am not mistaken, take an adapter to work on a standard lower.

czgunner
12-13-18, 08:07
I have owned a few different type, and my favorite is the Barrett Rec7. I have a 5.56 flyweight.

mig1nc
12-13-18, 15:34
Rec7s were, and I think still, on sale at EuroOptic
I have owned a few different type, and my favorite is the Barrett Rec7. I have a 5.56 flyweight.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Torquetard
12-15-18, 13:27
Check out the Wolf piston upper, its like 500 bucks.

mig1nc
12-15-18, 13:32
Check out the Wolf piston upper, its like 500 bucks.

Official rifle of the armed forces of the Republic of China - Taiwan.

Or at least a civilian version of it.

By the way, Midway USA has the MCX uppers with AR receiver adapters in stock today.

hk_shootr
12-15-18, 15:15
I would suggest taking a look at the PWS offerings. Robust system, lightweight, accurate....love ‘em

Joe Mamma
12-15-18, 17:22
I have shot a variety of piston system ARs. I can't recall all of them at the moment. But the PWS guns were the best. I like the long stroke design and the build/manufacturing quality is excellent.

Joe Mamma

JC5188
12-15-18, 18:44
I have an LWRC, couple thousand rounds thru it. Everything you hear is true...extra weight, recoil, easier to clean, etc. however, it’s a shooter for sure. That said, if I did another piston gun, it’d prob be the PWS for the long-stroke system, and other things mentioned above.

ABNAK
12-16-18, 08:50
For those of you with PWS piston systems.....where does it expel the excess gas it bleeds off? Outside or inside the handguard?

For instance, the HK416 vents gas up and forward from the gas block. The Colt APC vented out the sides of the gas block in front of the handguard. Neither system dumped excess gas under the handguards/rail setup. The LWRC, Sig, Adams Arms, et al all dump excess vented gas underneath the handguard/rail. May not be a huge functional issue but if you'd like to wipe the carbon off then getting under those handguards can be a bitch, and removing some of those rail systems can certainly be a PIA to just do routine maintenance.

hk_shootr
12-16-18, 10:00
My mk114 Mod 2 has four ports on the bottom of the tube. See the chopsticks, these are the aft ports.
There are two smaller ports about 1.25" forward of this set

https://i.imgur.com/Gx4vxXD.jpg

georgeib
12-16-18, 10:01
The PWS system dumps the gas under the handguard. The handguard is easy to remove though, so cleaning is simple when it becomes necessary. There is an animation on PWS's homepage that shows the function well: https://www.primaryweapons.com/

mig1nc
12-16-18, 13:01
MCX handguards remove with nothing more than the receiver take down pin.

Iraqgunz
12-16-18, 13:43
I have heard of the same issues, to include a large agency that was using their stuff.

Interesting. I was going to recommended the exact opposite. That you do NOT consider PWS.

I live in Idaho (formerly Boise) and I own a PWS. Had to have one. Several people I shoot with have one and had to have one as Idaho folk.

Most of us, including myself, have had nothing but trouble with our PWS piston systems. Mostly gas related issues. The overall consensus is the older units are better than the newer.

My 2 cents.

Hkbeltfed
12-16-18, 13:58
The LWRC, Sig, Adams Arms, et al all dump excess vented gas underneath the handguard/rail.

I thought the big selling point of the Adams Arms was that their system vented back through the barrel and there was no external venting of the system?!?

ABNAK
12-16-18, 14:42
I thought the big selling point of the Adams Arms was that their system vented back through the barrel and there was no external venting of the system?!?

No, it and the LWRC vent in a very similar manner: once the piston moves back far enough to clear the spigot all the excess gas residue spews in a 360 degree fashion (the top of the barrel, the inner sides and top of the handguard/rail). The will also spew forward onto the gas block.

The LWRC does have one saving grace though, it's rail system has a removeable top/front portion which allows for relatively easy access to the residue areas.

ABNAK
12-16-18, 14:49
The PWS system dumps the gas under the handguard. The handguard is easy to remove though, so cleaning is simple when it becomes necessary. There is an animation on PWS's homepage that shows the function well: https://www.primaryweapons.com/

Why would you design a system to blow gas residue directly down onto the barrel? Ruger does that too. Never understood that line of thinking. They couldn't think of a better way/place to blow it out?

To me, having played with enough piston systems over the years to make this observation, my preference would be for a system that expelled gas into the atmosphere forward (somehow) of any handguard/rail. Similar to the HK416 for example.

ABNAK
12-16-18, 14:52
MCX handguards remove with nothing more than the receiver take down pin.

When I had an MCX I took off the handguard and made note of the little black dot where carbon deposited right above the gas exhaust port/piston. I had my buddy mill a hole in the top of the handguard so gas residue would blow right out that hole and not build up underneath the handguard. I have a pic of it in the MCX thread.

(second to the last post on the following page)

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?165246-SIG-MCX-When-is-an-AR-not-an-AR/page42

georgeib
12-16-18, 15:06
As with everything else in life, there are pros and cons with any solution. Venting towards the barrel builds a bit of carbon, but not nearly as much as I would have thought, even after several hundred rounds. Venting upwards through the handguard of the MCX, as in your solution, has its own downsides or Sig would have already implemented it. As does venting forward, as HK does.

Personally, I have no practical objection to PWS's solution. It does bug me that carbon is being deposited on top of the barrel simply because I don't like the idea of it. But in practice, the gas isn't really even that hot, and the carbon is easy enough to clean off every few cases of ammo.

Life is full of compromises, pick one.

OH58D
12-16-18, 16:34
Any idea how the Lewis Machine & Tool piston system vents?

hk_shootr
12-16-18, 16:57
Why would you design a system to blow gas residue directly down onto the barrel? Ruger does that too. Never understood that line of thinking. They couldn't think of a better way/place to blow it out?

To me, having played with enough piston systems over the years to make this observation, my preference would be for a system that expelled gas into the atmosphere forward (somehow) of any handguard/rail. Similar to the HK416 for example.

Really doesn’t seem to be an issue with the PWS. Two screws to pull the handguard, a few minutes to clean the residue.

ABNAK
12-16-18, 17:57
Really doesn’t seem to be an issue with the PWS. Two screws to pull the handguard, a few minutes to clean the residue.

Oh I'm not saying it's a practical issue at all, as in the function of the weapon. Just that given my druthers I'd prefer to not have it build up in largely unreachable areas (at least not without some further disassembly).

Like I said earlier the LWRC handguard is unique in that regard for "messy" piston systems. Of course you could buy the handguard from them and I'm sure it would fit another weapon, although you might need to change the barrel nut for compatibility.

hk_shootr
12-16-18, 18:36
Yes, I understood what your meaning was.
I agree that it would be nice to not have to disassemble the upper your remove all traces of carbon.
Dirt and debris collect, thus retaining moisture, accelerating corrosion

vicious_cb
12-16-18, 21:56

But...but...wasnt the whole point of pistons in my AR was so I dont have to clean it?

Cause DI shits where it eats right?

hk_shootr
12-17-18, 05:08
But...but...wasnt the whole point of pistons in my AR was so I dont have to clean it?

Not chasin that rabbit........this ain’t the page for that BS

Hkbeltfed
12-17-18, 05:40
No, it and the LWRC vent in a very similar manner: once the piston moves back far enough to clear the spigot all the excess gas residue spews in a 360 degree fashion (the top of the barrel, the inner sides and top of the handguard/rail). The will also spew forward onto the gas block.

But the AA piston doesn’t/can’t move far back enough to clear the spigot/regulator. In addition, unlike the LWRC, there’s no vent holes in the spigot/regulator. I don’t think the LWRC moves back far enough to clear the spigot either, it’s rearward motion stops with the reduction in pressure from the vents.

From AA, “Doesn't vent direct to atmospheric pressure; this eliminates flash signature and supersonic crack which is optimal for night vision and suppressed fire”

vicious_cb
12-17-18, 08:06
Not chasin that rabbit........this ain’t the page for that BS

No because the design is BS. Just remove the handguard for some quick cleaning...then wait till nightfall so you can check the zero on your IR laser that you probably just F'ed up because you removed said handguard.

Doesnt their marketing show a tactical dude in a gas mask? I wonder what aiming system hes using while wearing a gas mask :rolleyes:

Oh right, because these "piston systems" were never designed for the serious end user, just people who are easily fooled by "DI shits where it eats"

I get the thread, the OP wants to try a "piston" upper and wants opinions on which one to buy. Here's my opinion, NONE of them.

https://i.imgur.com/FoGLTGg.jpg

hk_shootr
12-17-18, 10:21
No because the design is BS. Just remove the handguard for some quick cleaning...then wait till nightfall so you can check the zero on your IR laser that you probably just F'ed up because you removed said handguard.

Doesnt their marketing show a tactical dude in a gas mask? I wonder what aiming system hes using while wearing a gas mask :rolleyes:

Oh right, because these "piston systems" were never designed for the serious end user, just people who are easily fooled by "DI shits where it eats"

I get the thread, the OP wants to try a "piston" upper and wants opinions on which one to buy. Here's my opinion, NONE of them.

And this is the reason I don’t chase rabbits.......

georgeib
12-17-18, 12:02

PWS recommended cleaning interval for the gas system, involving the 30 second pulling of the handguard, is every 5000 rounds. Yep, 5000! So for all practical purposes, that's as close to "don't have to clean it" as you're ever going to get.

I understand preferring DI over piston, and reasons behind it. I only own a single piston AR, the PWS mk1 mod 2, among all my DI guns. But I do find it strange that you'd be so butt hurt about someone wanting a piston gun... No where did the OP solicit opinions as to whether he should or shouldn't get a piston upper, in fact he seems pretty clear that he wants to know WHICH one to get. This begs the question in my mind why you're so angry about this.

You don't like pistons? Great. Move on dude... It's really not that big a deal, is it?

mig1nc
12-17-18, 12:12
Who really cares about crud inside a 6061 aluminum handguard? Really. By the time it matters, there will be a better one in the market anyway.

I've never once bothered to clean the inside of one except to sell it.

FWIW Sig claims the Virtus handguards retain zero due to tight lockup on the keyed interface.

hk_shootr
12-17-18, 14:36
PWS recommended cleaning interval for the gas system, involving the 30 second pulling of the handguard, is every 5000 rounds. Yep, 5000! So for all practical purposes, that's as close to "don't have to clean it" as you're ever going to get.

I understand preferring DI over piston, and reasons behind it. I only own a single piston AR, the PWS mk1 mod 2, among all my DI guns. But I do find it strange that you'd be so butt hurt about someone wanting a piston gun... No where did the OP solicit opinions as to whether he should or shouldn't get a piston upper, in fact he seems pretty clear that he wants to know WHICH one to get. This begs the question in my mind why you're so angry about this.

You don't like pistons? Great. Move on dude... It's really not that big a deal, is it?

Correct, they recommend cleaning at 5K. I have cleaned at around 2k without issue.
Front sight wasn’t even off much.

For the money, I have not seen a better option in a piston gun than PWS.

sasquatchoslav
12-17-18, 14:48
I will second PWS I've got about 3k rounds through my 7.62x39 runs like a dream suppressed it's my thermal hog/yote go to just love it. My buddy who nudged me to try PWS has Mk216 308 and 6.5, 5.56, 300BO and x39 needless to say he likes PWS. Like you I'd never had any cause to go away from DI, but since none of my rifles had AGB with a suppressor about ready to get out of jail I figured why not try it and it's run like a beast for me. DI is a great system too I just figured I'd give PWS a try and I have not been disappointed.

technician
12-17-18, 16:57
Take a look at the Caracal CAR816A2. Nice design by one of the folks who was involved with the HK416, and another gentleman involved in the SIG 516 and MCX. Some history here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLghlFV_sL4) and here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz60qjezgJc&t=681s). Passed some NATO testing. Wilcox (http://www.wilcoxind.com/) manufactures them in the US for Caracal USA.

They are well manufactured. Recoils about like a carbine-length gas system AR. My only complaint being I wish the hand guard was a few inches longer.

sasquatchoslav
12-17-18, 17:35

I thought it might be dirtier given suppressed and feeding it cheap steel, but I don't think I've yanked the handguard more than 3x in 3k rounds? It just doesn't get that dirty. Takes a whole 30 seconds to do it so it's simple just not finding it necessary.

militarymoron
12-17-18, 19:44

The gas mask in the picture is the single filter version of the Avon M53 which allows a normal cheek weld. He should have no problem sighting through his Eotech. I did a write up on it more than 10 years ago, and illustrate how you can achieve a normal cheek weld with it: http://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/protective2.html

vicious_cb
12-17-18, 20:00
The gas mask in the picture is the single filter version of the Avon M53 which allows a normal cheek weld. He should have no problem sighting through his Eotech. I did a write up on it more than 10 years ago, and illustrate how you can achieve a normal cheek weld with it: http://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/protective2.html

Nice catch, the weapon in question still has a IR laser/illumination it seems. Do you think this is a real pic or just a mock up?

HKGuns
12-17-18, 20:13
My advice, stick with HK or SIG. The others are widely known as junk, especially Adams.

militarymoron
12-17-18, 22:02
Nice catch, the weapon in question still has a IR laser/illumination it seems. Do you think this is a real pic or just a mock up?

Absolutely no idea, brother. Your guess is as good as mine, but it's not uncommon for manufacturers to feature local LE agencies in their promotional pictures that have purchased their products, or worked out some kind of mutually beneficial arrangement.

mig1nc
12-18-18, 07:51
That's probably good advice, only HK, Sig, and LMT have substantial military contracts AFAIK. LMT with their NZ and UK contracts.

Well, I guess you could say the Wolf imported Taiwanese military upper too. Those got decent initial reviews but I haven't been keeping up.

Adcor just won a lawsuit alleging that Beretta stole their technology, and were part of the final down select for the Individual Carbine Competition (ICC) of 2013. I also have not been keeping up with them either.

My advice, stick with HK or SIG. The others are widely known as junk, especially Adams.

Outlander Systems
12-18-18, 08:36
O58HD,

Get a MR556 upper. Also, talk to montrala about them, as he's a great wealth of info.

Despite what the errornet says, they're phenomenal guns.

ABNAK
12-18-18, 18:10
O58HD,

Get a MR556 upper. Also, talk to montrala about them, as he's a great wealth of info.

Despite what the errornet says, they're phenomenal guns.

I would second that emotion. You could have it reprofiled, cut, nitrided, etc. to however you want it. Not cheap by any stretch of the imagination but if you want the premier piston system, well there it is.

Triple X
12-19-18, 19:24
I'll second the SIG 516 recommendation.
I like mine.

mig1nc
12-20-18, 04:19
So, I had mentioned the Wolf upper, I had no idea the T91 family had been so widely adopted by world militaries. This video just popped up on my YouTube feed from Small Arms Solutions. Very interesting to watch.

https://youtu.be/AZNwrZRVVVY

OH58D
12-21-18, 20:40
As an update to this thread since I am the OP, today I took advantage of 15% off Savings LMT was offering and I ordered their 16" CQB Piston upper in 5.56. Since I already have that LMT lower, this was an easy decision. However, I started looking close at the HK upper and I see Midway USA has them in stock.

I have never fired an AR with the gas piston system so I am really looking forward to running this and see if it lives up to the hype. It will be interesting to see how much fouling comes from the gas block.

Hkbeltfed
12-22-18, 06:18

It’s funny you say that. I had a 14.5 416 upper which I sold in favor of a more customizable Mr556. I had Marvin Pitts shorten the barrel to 11.5, turn it down, and dimple it. I had the gas port opened to use an adjustable 416 gas block. And after all that, I still preferred my frankengun AA kit and FN CHF 11.5, so I sold the MR.

HKGuns
12-24-18, 22:16
It’s funny you say that. I had a 14.5 416 upper which I sold in favor of a more customizable Mr556. I had Marvin Pitts shorten the barrel to 11.5, turn it down, and dimple it. I had the gas port opened to use an adjustable 416 gas block. And after all that, I still preferred my frankengun AA kit and FN CHF 11.5, so I sold the MR.

Everyone is different.

My Stock MR’s are my most accurate AR’s.

prepare
12-25-18, 21:09
Where did you get the FN barrel?

Hkbeltfed
12-26-18, 05:23
I can’t remember. If you referring to which one, the Spike’s lightweight. If you’re shopping... https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/815648020859

AkEnabler
12-30-18, 21:04
OH58D, I think you'll be happy with your LMT Piston upper, I've got 1.5k rounds through mine and I'm really pleased with it. It's a super smooth shooter with a unique recoil impulse, never had any kind of failure. Mine has one of the Rock barrels and is a very accurate shooter. I've gotten used to the little extra heft and it doesn't really bother me at this point. Hope you enjoy your new buy.

OH58D
12-31-18, 13:59
OH58D, I think you'll be happy with your LMT Piston upper, I've got 1.5k rounds through mine and I'm really pleased with it. It's a super smooth shooter with a unique recoil impulse, never had any kind of failure. Mine has one of the Rock barrels and is a very accurate shooter. I've gotten used to the little extra heft and it doesn't really bother me at this point. Hope you enjoy your new buy.

Still waiting on shipment, but things move slow this time of year. I sent an e-mail to LMT about any kind of gas fouling near the block, and they indicated it is minimal. Can't wait to try it out.

vicious_cb
12-31-18, 14:11
Make sure you have the matte grey BCG vs the phosphate one. The the strike face of phosphate BCG is prone to deforming and dead-lining the gun. I believe they fixed the issue with the nickle plated BCGs.

https://i.imgur.com/IHDy2oy.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfZcEjdvx8c

LMT Shooter
12-31-18, 17:08
Is it prone to doing this without full-auto mag dumps?

OH58D
12-31-18, 18:02
Is it prone to doing this without full-auto mag dumps?
That video showed over 800 rounds at full auto, and it seemed the piston rod bent a little at the back end, likely due to heat damage. I have no idea what I'm going receive, but all the piston BCG's they feature on the website show shiny surfaces.

JohnXDm
01-05-19, 16:26
Recently finished my 6.5 Grendel Pistol. It's my first 6.5 and the first Piston system that I've built.

Aero Precision receiver set and Strike Industries Strike Rail both Tungsten Cerakote by MAD Custom Coatings

Superlative Arms Piston and BCG
Aero Precision Bolt
Alexander Arms 11 inch barrel
Vltor Short Model Compensator, 6.5Mm, Thread 9/16-24
Primary Arms Gen II 3x Compact Prism Scope
SB Tactical SBA3 Pistol Stabilizing AR Brace
CAA AR15/M16 6 Piece Interchangeable Finger Groove Pistol Grip UPG16
E-Lander 24 round magazine
Larue MBT Trigger
Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount 2 Fixed-Mount Long Gun Light 88059 on a Magpul Industries Scout Light and Streamlight ProTac Rail Lights Magpul Industries M-LOK Extended Cantilever Scout Mount MPIMAG935

RetroRevolver77
01-12-19, 00:50
I ran about 25K rounds through two Ares piston converted LMT's. I started developing some problems running cheaper steel cased ammo and ultimately case rim failures. Now the conversion pistons aren't bad because they drop in and can be removed if you want to go back to DI. Overall I did like the piston conversions for what they were but at the same time- they dump a lot of carbon under the handguards. Mine however were set up with Vltor CAS-V rails- which required removal to clean up the barrels. I think if I was running better ammo a majority of the time I would have had less problems.

Mr.Fårikål
01-12-19, 01:34

Which PWS do you have? I have been looking at their Mk111 Mod 2 which looks really nice. Be perfect for attaching a can to.

My 2 cents.

That is interesting, can you be more specific about issues and problems you encountered? What went wrong? What did you not like? How many rounds did you put through it? What did the CS do that wasn't to your satisfaction?

Not that GarandThumb is the last source on everything, but I appreciate his reviews. He did a great review on the PWS vs. HK 416 from his experience. He put a lot of rounds through his PWS and had great things to say about it.

https://youtu.be/h5vGJDq2yV8

georgeib
01-12-19, 06:05
Which PWS do you have? I have been looking at their Mk111 Mod 2 which looks really nice. Be perfect for attaching a can to.

I have a Mk116 Mod 2. I'm very pleased with it.