PDA

View Full Version : removing flash suppressor

austrianoak
11-03-08, 08:00
just wondering, would I be able to remove the flash hider on my M4? and how would I do that? if it is too complicated I don't want to mess up my new gun. Thanks.

spamsammich
11-03-08, 08:38
I still don't get why you would want to remove the flash suppressor to ADD muzzle flash on purpose but I'll answer anyway. Have fun shooting blind in low light situations.

You can, and there are products out there that you can add to protect the barrel threads. I believe ADCO has them. As far as removing. Get an upper receiver vice block or a barrel vice block and an armorers wrench. Clamp the barrel or upper securely and twist the FS off. A crescent wrench will do it too.

austrianoak
11-03-08, 09:03
I know if I tried to take it off like that I would mess up something on the gun. I would end up scratching it or something. I was just looking for a bad a** muzzle flash coming out of my M4. Thanks anyway.

The Archangel
11-03-08, 16:15
Dude, no offense, but I think you missed a turn. TOS is down yonder.

SSGN_Doc
11-03-08, 16:25
If you have a permanently attached muzzle device you should leave it alone for legality sake, unlessyou intend to replace it with another permanently attaced device that brings your barrel to legal length. There are companies that can do this for you.

SwatDawg15
11-03-08, 16:41
I know if I tried to take it off like that I would mess up something on the gun. I would end up scratching it or something. I was just looking for a bad a** muzzle flash coming out of my M4. Thanks anyway.

I think its safe to say you view your rifle as a toy to play with. I hope you are at-least somewhat familiar with the weapon and stay safe. :rolleyes: