PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint T-1 vs Comp M4

jp0319
11-03-08, 09:23
I have read the T-1 Thread and wonder if there is any difference in performance due to tube diameter all of the Comps have 30mm tube vs a 20mm tube on the T-1. I am thinking of getting the T-1 and just wondered what the opinions were on this.

SMGLee
11-03-08, 17:45
actually with the small foot print of the T1, you get a much better FOV than the M4. sokme might say if you look at the target, its all the same, but sometimes your eyes play games and you would get more ghosting effect in the M4 than the T1....I recently sold my M4s for more T1s..

theJanitor
11-03-08, 17:50
i can't use the T1/H1 aimpoints. i'm forced to use the M3/M4 series because i'm blind in my non-dominant eye. when i transition to the weak shoulder, i actually have to force my nose over the stock, kind of perpendicular to the rifle and look sideways through the optic, out of my right eye. it's uncomfortable but doable with the M3, but the T1 is so small, that i can't find the dot quickly, if at all

jp0319
11-03-08, 17:51
so there are basically no down sides to the T-1, smaller, lighter, same capabilities etc? I like it it's just the size I guess I've used Aimpoints CCOs for years in varying units and the T-1 is sooooo much smaller. I am seriously considering this for my optic or at least one of them, with a S&B, or Triji for longer stuff.

The Archangel
11-04-08, 14:01
so there are basically no down sides to the T-1, smaller, lighter, same capabilities etc? I like it it's just the size I guess I've used Aimpoints CCOs for years in varying units and the T-1 is sooooo much smaller. I am seriously considering this for my optic or at least one of them, with a S&B, or Triji for longer stuff.

Your anticipated longer distance targets might inadvertently become a closer target / threat. Murphy likes to work that way. I think you would do well with a T1.