PDA

View Full Version : midwest

kornbread402
11-03-08, 14:23
Been reading this forum for a while and the information on here is a great source of knowledge. I have been using this forum on a build I've been working on and now is the time for a hand guard upgrade and I’m having a hard time choosing. I have no allegiance to any company just what my wife will let me get away with spending. Here is my question. I have looked but can not find much first hand information on Midwest hand guards. If anyone has first hand experience "good or bad " with Midwest free float two piece hand guards your input would be greatly appreciated.

csun_00
11-03-08, 15:03
I have a MI #18 on my Sabre Mid Length and it works fine. Some will say that they are less quality the DD or LaRue but they are great for me. Nice finish and excellent lock up.

markm
11-03-08, 15:44
I have the 2 pc free float on my SBR. It's nice, but it's really wide. And you can't really use full length KAC panals on it. One.... because they won't slide all the way onto the side rails, and Two... it would make a wide handguard even WIDER!

My reference for the wideness comment is the standard KAC RAS carbean rail system which I also run.

If you plan to use ladder rail covers, or don't mind the extra width, it's a great value. I have no plans to change my MI rail out.

kornbread402
11-03-08, 17:27
Thanks for the replies. I did a search on here and just could not find anyone with a lot to say about the rails. I don’t mind about size or weight just wanting to make sure they were of quality. I really like the price and what seems like easy install for a free float.

markm
11-03-08, 21:13
Then you will like it. Very good quality for sure. I just prefer to run KAC panals.

Stickman
11-04-08, 08:26
I have a few Officers that use MI rails on their duty weapon, and they are happy with them.

markm
11-04-08, 08:29
Yeah. Stick is actually the guy I contacted before I bought my MI. He told me it was a little wide, so I knew what I was getting when I bought it.

My upper had no Delta Ring. So the MI was a simple unit for me to go with.

kornbread402
11-05-08, 09:54
Thanks for the feed back from everyone. I think I'll be going with the midwest. Not a lot of post but from reading this site for a while if something is crap people are not afraid to let you know.