PDA

View Full Version : Veritas Tactical VT-16 featured on Offgrid questions.

elephant
12-19-18, 00:10
This is a gun that I am seriously considering to purchase in the near future after reading the article. But I have some questions on the design.

First of all, this is a folding stock, all billet, 4.5" 5.56 PDW which has what's described as a "micro gas system" which is shorter than a pistol gas system. Do any of you have any experience with a "micro gas system"? Veritas claim this gun will run suppresser/unsuppressed without an adjustable gas block. From the photos in the magazine, it appears the BCG is a modified M16 BCG or has some feature added to the rear yet they claim its a standard M16 BCG. Can anyone elaborate?

Any thoughts? Just concerned with the micro gas system while using a suppressor? Would I expect a lot of blowblack?

Info: https://veritas-tactical.myshopify.com/collections/vt16-ar-pistols/products/vt16-executive-pistol

AKIA_AZ
12-19-18, 00:21
I can't comment on anything except for the bolt. The piece you see at the rear of the bolt is the extension needed for the LAW Tactical folding stock adapter. If you look at the LAW Tactical site you can see it in the pics.

https://www.lawtactical.com/ar_folding_stock_adapter_gen_3_m_p/99312.htm

jpmuscle
12-19-18, 00:22
It’s a 4.5” 5.56.

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Campbell
12-19-18, 03:12
It’s a 4.5” 5.56.

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last ditch effort to win thread of the year?
Likes to practice “SPORTS”? 😀

Iraqgunz
12-19-18, 04:28
Too bad they are sold out. I would have bought one.

JediGuy
12-19-18, 06:14
Someone shared a video of a guy running almost no barrel, just to prove a point about proper gas port sizing for barrel length. The shortest I’ve seen actually marketed is BRT’s pistol length 6.75” barrel.

sidewaysil80
12-19-18, 06:38
The whole “runs suppressed/unsuppressed” marketing claim does nothing for me. MK18 has been doing it for 15+ years as will anything with proper gas port/barrel length/gas system. In other words that statement alone would not be enough justification to try some unknown/new gas length.

hk_shootr
12-19-18, 07:20
Sounds as if they are attempting to use a 300 blackout marketing line

Stickman
12-19-18, 15:23
It’s a 4.5” 5.56.

Why?

I don't know what people are thinking with 5.56 barrels which are ultra short.

I've worked with teams that wanted short barrels for entry work, and they were combined with cans. The cure to making them reliable was getting rid of the super short barrels. I know another team (not mine) that got into a shoot out with their super shorties. If anyone is familiar with a shoot out in an orchard, they will know how poorly the weapons performed even with the team guys landing rounds on target.

For the guys who want to post, hey stick, do you want to get shot with a super shorty barrel? My answer is yes, all the time over being shot with longer functional length barrel.

Don't get me wrong, the weapon shown here looks awesome, and I have no doubt it is fun to shoot, but if anyone is looking at this as a combative weapon, I would hope they rethink their needs.

Rayrevolver
12-20-18, 08:11
I have no experience with a micro gas system, or pistol gas for that matter. The bottom line, you are tapping very high pressure gas and will be unlocking the bolt very early. Offhand, I think the LMT enhanced carrier would be a benefit to add time to the unlocking sequence.

BUT - other than the manual of arms with an AR, not sure I see the benefit of this over: MP5K-PDW, P-90 or (SBR'd PS-90), or at least have it in 300BLK!!!