PDA

View Full Version : Go Fund Me for a border wall

tgizzard
12-20-18, 10:58
https://gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

Apparently this was started by an Air Force Vet over the weekend. He’s raised over Four Million dollars to date, his goal is a billion.

Thoughts?

Mods I’m not posting this in favor of or against this campaign. If posting the link to the go fund me is verboten, feel free to delete and please accept a thousand apologies from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

officerX
12-20-18, 11:10
Holy smokes!

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Doc Safari
12-20-18, 11:19
Before I donate I want assurance it isn't a scam.

Beyond that, I hope it goes viral.

Whiskey_Bravo
12-20-18, 11:39
Before I donate I want assurance it isn't a scam.

Beyond that, I hope it goes viral.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/20/update-vet-raises-over-4-million-for-wall-in-three-days-lawmakers-bill-to-direct-funds/

Here is an article about it.

And because it is not easy to give money to the federal government that is dedicated for a specific purpose, Rep. Steven Palazzo (R-MI) introduced legislation that would direct the Treasury Department to issue government savings bonds that could be used to fund the wall.

Palazzo, vice chairman of the House Homeland Security Appropriations Subcommittee, introduced the Border Bonds for America Act of 2018 on Monday.

The bill “allows American citizens the opportunity to purchase revenue bonds to help finance the construction of a southern border wall,” the press release announcing the legislation said.

“This bill is a safe investment into the infrastructure and security of our country,” Palazzo said, adding that there is a precedent for Americans paying to ensure the nation’s security

just a scout
12-20-18, 11:42
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/20/update-vet-raises-over-4-million-for-wall-in-three-days-lawmakers-bill-to-direct-funds/

Here is an article about it.

The thing about those bonds: unless they are encumbered specifically for the wall, they could disappear into the general fund and be used to pay for more crap we don’t want or need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SteyrAUG
12-20-18, 12:47
Unless Congress decides to actually BUILD IT, might as well start a Go Fund Me page for a Death Star.

Firefly
12-20-18, 13:17
Hmm... the Deal of the Century Chevy Chase Ollie North side of me is thinking we could buy all the decommissioned mines from these countries that are removing mines and put them all along the border for a fraction of the cost.

I mean, them mines need a home. Think of the mines.

So many Soviet APERS and Toe Poppers in need of a home....

In the aaaarms of an aaaangel...

tgizzard
12-20-18, 13:58
Hmm... the Deal of the Century Chevy Chase Ollie North side of me is thinking we could buy all the decommissioned mines from these countries that are removing mines and put them all along the border for a fraction of the cost.

I mean, them mines need a home. Think of the mines.

So many Soviet APERS and Toe Poppers in need of a home....

In the aaaarms of an aaaangel...

I like how you think Firefly.

Last I checked it’s over six million. It does say something about the “silent majority” if nothing else. People want to feel safe and they want their government to listen to them.

I think it’s the number one trending go fund me at the moment as well.

I’d be interested to see if some SJW group starts a counter fundraiser and how much $$ that would pull in.

morbidbattlecry
12-20-18, 14:49
I thought Mexico was paying for it? Why not give that money to Vets to help with medical issues?

Averageman
12-20-18, 15:05
I thought Mexico was paying for it? Why not give that money to Vets to help with medical issues?

The narrative is the new NAFTA deal did just that by forcing Mexico to pay increased cost to have available US markets.
Could be real, if it is, it needs to get out there.

SteyrAUG
12-20-18, 15:36
The narrative is the new NAFTA deal did just that by forcing Mexico to pay increased cost to have available US markets.
Could be real, if it is, it needs to get out there.

If they'd just get rid of NAFTA I'd help pay for the damn wall.

Campbell
12-20-18, 15:46
Unless Congress decides to actually BUILD IT, might as well start a Go Fund Me page for a Death Star.

Truth.
The Death Star could be our Wall and so much more.

Alex V
12-20-18, 15:50
Last night when I fist saw this it was $1.2MM. Now $7.2MM, including my $50 lol.

Firefly
12-20-18, 16:03
There is this...really out there...part of me that hopes this somehow goes viral and gets to the point where the wall is totally funded and people are ultimately swayed into getting the wall thanks to a street smart black youth gang in Jheri Curls and headbands who hold a breakdance show at the Youth Center and the reclusive, lonely old Millionaire who lives in the decrepit mansion on the hill's heart grows ten times that day by all the team spirit and that is what pushes it past the billion dollar mark.

That is how I want this to end.

I'll settle for mines, but really want the breakdance show at the Youth Center

WickedWillis
12-20-18, 16:44
If the wall gets privately funded and built, the Liberals in this Country will have zero idea what to do with themselves. This is insane right now.

TMS951
12-20-18, 16:47
This is hilarious. The liberal tears that will flow if this really gains traction is worth it.

I gave 10$ just to have participated in this piece of history. This troll of all trolls.

SteyrAUG
12-20-18, 16:47
There is this...really out there...part of me that hopes this somehow goes viral and gets to the point where the wall is totally funded and people are ultimately swayed into getting the wall thanks to a street smart black youth gang in Jheri Curls and headbands who hold a breakdance show at the Youth Center and the reclusive, lonely old Millionaire who lives in the decrepit mansion on the hill's heart grows ten times that day by all the team spirit and that is what pushes it past the billion dollar mark.

That is how I want this to end.

I'll settle for mines, but really want the breakdance show at the Youth Center

Let me know when Lucinda Dickey shows up and I'm in for $25.

SteveS
12-20-18, 17:00
How about just ending the free money magnet that draws most of the illegals to this nation?

tgizzard
12-20-18, 17:24
Up to eight million at this point. I want this to get so big the MSM starts to cover it and attempts to paint everyone who gave as an “eviiiiil racist”

I’d love to watch the MSM and their liberal followers shoot themselves in the foot again just like they did in 2016.

TMS951
12-20-18, 17:46
Right now it’s going up 100k every few minutes

zombiescometh
12-20-18, 18:07
Here's the counter GoFundMe $34,000 raised so far.

https://www.gofundme.com/ladders-to-get-over-trump039s-wall

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

uffdaphil
12-20-18, 18:28
I’d rather see half the foreign aid we send to Mexico dedicated to the wall until it is finished. All my discretionary dollars are needed to oppose the newly emboldened Dems with their draconian anti-gun proposals.

docsherm
12-20-18, 19:01

Congress has the power to fund and make laws. If the money comes from the people they can't do SH%$ except make a law to not build a wall....... and that would end as badly as it did for Greedo drawing on Han

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-20-18, 19:09

We went from the Mexicans paying for it, to our govt paying for it, to passing the hat.... wtf.

Leuthas
12-20-18, 19:22
How about just ending the free money magnet that draws most of the illegals to this nation?

While it'd help suppress the flow, and save a hell of a lot of money, they'd still come. At the end of the day, not living in a shithole is enough reason to illegally enter the US.

Jsp10477
12-20-18, 20:32
I donate to the wall fund every week. It’s called taxes.

AndyLate
12-20-18, 20:40

Well, start the gofundme...

Andy

SteyrAUG
12-20-18, 23:08
Congress has the power to fund and make laws. If the money comes from the people they can't do SH%$ except make a law to not build a wall....... and that would end as badly as it did for Greedo drawing on Han

Pretty sure someone in government would have to APPROVE of the wall being built otherwise you and I would be sitting in FEMA camps right now provided by a Go Fund Me page.

docsherm
12-20-18, 23:10
Pretty sure someone in government would have to APPROVE of the wall being built otherwise you and I would be sitting in FEMA camps right now provided by a Go Fund Me page.

So you are actually not familiar with the US Government system and how it works........

Leuthas
12-20-18, 23:32
So you are actually not familiar with the US Government system and how it works........

I know what you're getting at, but I must say from my observation the government (particularly federal) works however the hell it wants, whenever it wants.

Maybe that's what you're getting at?

Honestly, I'm just eager to see how this dollar amount plays out with GFM. Could be a noteworthy event for history. I'm increasingly apathetic about the real issue.

docsherm
12-20-18, 23:38
I know what you're getting at, but I must say from my observation the government (particularly federal) works however the hell it wants, whenever it wants.

Maybe that's what you're getting at?

Honestly, I'm just eager to see how this dollar amount plays out with GFM. Could be a noteworthy event for history. I'm increasingly apathetic about the real issue.

Well there is that.......... which is true.

But I was referring to the actual separation of powers. The only power is to make laws and to control budgets. The executive branch actually executes action. Which they can only do if they are funded.

tgizzard
12-21-18, 00:08
Here's the counter GoFundMe $34,000 raised so far.

https://www.gofundme.com/ladders-to-get-over-trump039s-wall

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I noticed go fund me gave it the “trending” tag as well. Border wall go fund me is over ten million at this point.

This is better than watching football.

SteyrAUG
12-21-18, 01:37

I know a little about how things are supposed to work and then there are the things I have actually seen. But just as soon as somebody does things the way they are supposed to work, if it ain't popular something happens like a circuit court judge brings everything to a halt.

And just because the money is there, doesn't mean it will get spent correctly or as intended. It's not like the border wall is a private sector project or has even been outsourced. In fact if I'm not mistaken the border wall is currently waiting on Senate approval, which means without that support there can be a billion dollars set aside for the project but it still won't happen.