PDA

View Full Version : Glock 43x 10+1

Bodhi
12-21-18, 06:53
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/rumor-mill-upcoming-glock-43x-with-101-capacity/

Just when I thought I was going to get a pps m2 as a new carry gun...

I still probably will get a pps.

Inkslinger
12-21-18, 07:05
Seems kind of silly. You’ll essentially have a grip length of a G19 but with a diminished capacity.

sndt1319
12-21-18, 08:05
Lots of people said the 19x sounded silly but it and the 45 have worked out. I think we should wait and see what they came up with.

ChazC93
12-21-18, 08:52
This is exciting! Hopefully this works out of the gate and puts the P365 to shame.

Inkslinger
12-21-18, 08:54
Lots of people said the 19x sounded silly but it and the 45 have worked out. I think we should wait and see what they came up with.

Are a lot of people concealed carrying the 19x? You could at least argue that the 19x wasn’t necessarily intended to be a CCW gun, but a longer g43? Just carry a g19...You’re right though, I’m sure people will buy them.

MistWolf
12-21-18, 09:12
This is exciting! Hopefully this works out of the gate and puts the P365 to shame.

Glock is going to have to work hard to put the P365 I have to shame.

Doc Safari
12-21-18, 09:16
Seems kind of silly. You’ll essentially have a grip length of a G19 but with a diminished capacity.

Thinner profile, though, right? Isn't one of the objections to carrying a Glock the fact that it's too fat?

I might actually warm up to one of these. After it's beta-tested, of course.

Caduceus
12-21-18, 09:16
Glock is going to have to work hard to put the P365 I have to shame.
He probably means it'll work without issues once released.

But, sure, make a bigger gun with less capacity than a p365 (unless 12 round mags come out too). Have fun with that.

Inkslinger
12-21-18, 10:10
Thinner profile, though, right? Isn't one of the objections to carrying a Glock the fact that it's too fat?

I might actually warm up to one of these. After it's beta-tested, of course.

I guess it all depends on your body type. For me I find the end of the grip is usually what is visible on me.

dmaxfireman
12-21-18, 12:39

Will appeal to those in ban states. Designed around a 10rnd mag, and a has 3 finger grip vs the 2 finger 26. Slimmer than a standard G19 with no "wasted" space, like a G19 with a neutered mag.

If it fits in a standard G43 holster that's a bonus as well.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-21-18, 13:33
I carry a 43 sometimes, and when I do, it's usually with an extended magazine. I imagine this will be about the same length. I think it's cool, but not cool enough to replace my 43.

CleverNickname
12-21-18, 13:41
As a resident of a non-ban state, if I want a 10-round gun that's smaller than a Glock 19, that's what the Glock 26 is for. Plus it allows you to carry a larger double-stack spare magazine from a Glock 19 or 17, which a G43X won't.

Doc Safari
12-21-18, 13:53
I'm anxious to see pics and range reports.

I'm willing to give it a chance before I become a hater.

Freewilly5759
12-21-18, 14:40
Interesting! I have a Glock 43 and love it for conceal carry. I wonder what a side by side size comparison would look like.

WickedWillis
12-21-18, 15:37
I'm anxious to see pics and range reports.

I'm willing to give it a chance before I become a hater.

As someone that is a Glock fan, but hates the Glock 43, I will give it a chance as well.

I have a scar on my hand from my old G43 rubbing my thumb knuckle while I was trying to break it in with several hundred rounds in one trip this year. I think the added length may help me in that regard.

That said, the P365 I rented is my favorite "single stack-ish" 9mm I have ever shot, with a much smaller sample size.

To add as well, the Recoil article that was being shown off had front serrations also. Not sure if it was photoshopped or legit.

RAM Engineer
12-21-18, 17:02
To add as well, the Recoil article that was being shown off had front serrations also. Not sure if it was photoshopped or legit.

nevermind. Found it.

https://www.recoilweb.com/glock-to-release-10-round-g43x-pistol-144330.html

WickedWillis
12-21-18, 17:26
nevermind. Found it.

https://www.recoilweb.com/glock-to-release-10-round-g43x-pistol-144330.html

That's the one. I hadn't seen the article, just the pictures floating around INstagram. So they are assuming it comes with forward serrations, not confirmed yet. Thanks for posting the article.

opngrnd
12-21-18, 18:19
So, it's a "Glocked" Shield? I have the G43, and sometimes wish I'd gotten the Shield.

Sam
12-21-18, 18:53
So, it's a "Glocked" Shield? I have the G43, and sometimes wish I'd gotten the Shield.

Get the Shield then :)

Been carrying the Shield since it came out.

The Geelock is a little late. Glock fans have been asking for a mid size single stack 9mm for a long time. So what did they do? they spit out the 42, then the 43. While Springfield were making the little XD and Smith were selling the Shield like hot cakes. Finally after seeing the Sig 365 becoming a success, Gaston caved in. Where were you 10 years ago Gaston? too busy with your new young woman?

I'm sure it will sell if the rumor is true and good luck to them. Glad their fans finally got what they've been demanding. Geelock lost me a long time ago. No, it wasn't Ernest Langdon that turned me.

I'm going back ... way back ... back before all of these there was the 3913. Yeah, it's heavier and it's only 8+1, but yes it's heavier and that means less recoil, faster follow up shot. A deliberate first shot DA is good and short/light SA after.

https://i.imgur.com/HEOjstX.jpg

CoryCop25
12-21-18, 19:22
I was skeptical of the G19X and now I love it so I'll give this one a chance too.
I shot Mistwolf's Sig 365 and I don't love it as much as he does.

RHINOWSO
12-21-18, 19:41
Yeah, somehow Glock seems to have their $hit wired tight when it comes to making handguns.

Sure, there are haters and of course not every gun works for every person.

But as a whole them seem to be good at slinging polymer framed handguns around the globe.

Interested to see if they have something new and it will see if it's something I want.

MountainRaven
12-21-18, 20:50
I have a buddy who EDCs a G26, because he hasn't been happy with the capacity of the G43. He's interested in looking at the 43x because it nullifies the capacity gap between the 43 and 26.

I think the 19x will be remembered as a watershed for Glock: The moment they stopped ignoring their civilian American customers. I anticipate that the 43x will sell very well and I'm eager to see what other pistols Glock might turn out, now that they're paying attention to people who aren't buying a few thousand of them at a time.

halfmoonclip
12-21-18, 22:43
I'll be curious what form the 43x takes. The problem for Glock is the poly magazines; good as they may be, they add thickness compared to an all steel mag.
Glock has dropped the ball for years by not making +1 or +2 OEM mags for the 42 and 43.
The P365 is a great combination of size and capacity and trigger. Let's see what Glock comes up with.
Moon

shadowrider
12-22-18, 01:32

+2 on getting a Shield. PSA is running the Gen 1s at $249 right now. Throw a TTI base on the mag and you get 11 rounds ready to go. Add some Talon grips and use all the money you save on ammo.

I bought my wife one and it's trigger is drastically better than mine which was one of the first ones without the safety. I had it 'smithed to just over 4lbs, but hers was GTG out of the box. Several hundred rounds later and a bunch of snaps with a Coolfire trainer it's just about equal to mine.

SiGfever
12-22-18, 08:51
I'll be curious what form the 43x takes. The problem for Glock is the poly magazines; good as they may be, they add thickness compared to an all steel mag.
Glock has dropped the ball for years by not making +1 or +2 OEM mags for the 42 and 43.
The P365 is a great combination of size and capacity and trigger. Let's see what Glock comes up with.
Moon

Very true, they could even make a mag that sticks out like using a G17 mag in a G26. Hell of a reload.

Chameleox
12-22-18, 11:05
I think the 19x will be remembered as a watershed for Glock: The moment they stopped ignoring their civilian American customers. I anticipate that the 43x will sell very well and I'm eager to see what other pistols Glock might turn out, now that they're paying attention to people who aren't buying a few thousand of them at a time.

I recall lots of people bemoaning Glock's decision to release the 19x, vs a "19L" (17 slide and 19 grip). Clearly turned out great, and when the G45 MOS comes around I'll be interested.

I also remember folks wishing for a slim G19 sized gun. Maybe the 43x is a step in that direction.

opngrnd
12-22-18, 12:01
I really wish they'd just hurry up with a 12rdish semi-double stack "slim G19".

SeriousStudent
12-22-18, 12:27
Get the Shield then :)

Been carrying the Shield since it came out.

The Geelock is a little late. Glock fans have been asking for a mid size single stack 9mm for a long time. So what did they do? they spit out the 42, then the 43. While Springfield were making the little XD and Smith were selling the Shield like hot cakes. Finally after seeing the Sig 365 becoming a success, Gaston caved in. Where were you 10 years ago Gaston? too busy with your new young woman?

I'm sure it will sell if the rumor is true and good luck to them. Glad their fans finally got what they've been demanding. Geelock lost me a long time ago. No, it wasn't Ernest Langdon that turned me.

I'm going back ... way back ... back before all of these there was the 3913. Yeah, it's heavier and it's only 8+1, but yes it's heavier and that means less recoil, faster follow up shot. A deliberate first shot DA is good and short/light SA after.

I wish I still had my 3953. It was one sweet pistola. Awesome trigger, too.

Glock will sell several metric crap-tons of the their new pistol, regardless of what it is. Simply because it's a Glock, honestly.

akwalk
12-22-18, 14:45

Agree. I have the 45, and I love it.

When the Glock 43 first came out, I thought, sounds stupid I will not buy one. Well, while in a my local GS, I bought one, and I love it. I am now hoping they will release the 45 version in 10 MM and 45 ACP as well. The Glock 45 just works for me. I plan on getting another Glock 45, when I sell my Gen 4 17.

It might also be interesting as others have posted to see Glock do a reverse 45, where the lower is smaller in the style of a revamped 19, with the upper bigger in the style of a revamped 17.

As mentioned, I really like Glocks, and I have liked Glocks since they first came out in the old tupperware type containers. So, bring on the 43X, I am ready to see what Glock comes up with. I do think that Glock needs to seriously up their game to be able to compete with and hopefully better the game changing Sig P365, because if they can do that, Glock will have winner in this arena. I think most of us are hoping for Glock reliability out of the box, weight and size very close or equal to the P365, better trigger, better sights, and at least a stock magazine of 10 rounds, with the option of a 12 round magazine available for purchase as well.

If Glock can produce that, I will certainly buy one in two or three years, when they are finally available. In the meantime, I may just have to buy a Sig P365, now that they are readily available.

SFree
12-23-18, 00:57
For the last 20+ years I know many gents who have lamented the fact that Glock hadn’t produced a single stack, concealed carry pistol in a G19 size dimension. Now may be the first and I’ll bite.

MistWolf
12-23-18, 03:09
The P-365 was the death knell of the single stack 9mm.

halfmoonclip
12-23-18, 17:21
Yeah, the P365 sets a high bar, and (reputedly) was designed around the magazine and cartridge. I'm almighty pleased with mine, and it may well replace the 43 among my carry guns.
I'm a longtime Glock fan, but they've rested on their laurels.
Moon

drtywk
12-23-18, 22:35
I’m not defending Glock, but they do work out of the box and they have sold millions of them worldwide. Sig, not so much. Also, just look at their 19X experiment.my 19X flat out shoots, as does my G45. Sig is still struggling to ensure that every gun that leaves the factory will run without parts failing on them. P365 included, which is why I haven’t bought one yet. I will after Christmas though. I’m also not really happy about paying close to $40 per mag for the 12 round mags.

halfmoonclip
12-23-18, 23:35
I've been hanging fire on the 365 as well, but shot a buddy's and the hook was set. There are still people badmouthing the G42 for teething problems, but mine have run like a watch, so the 365 got an audition too. I can hit with it, and the trigger is great.
BTW, mags are available online for $35 shipped.
I'll grant you I buy Glocks because their default setting is 'they work'. (You in the back, beefing about the G36, sit down already...)
But I'm still irked Glock didn't respond to all the aftermarket mag extensions, which seem to have a question mark attached.

Moon

drtywk
12-24-18, 12:37
BTW, mags are available online for $35 shipped.

Moon

Can you PM me a link please?

Also, just to update this thread, Glock 48: https://www.recoilweb.com/the-glock-model-g48-rumors-and-rumint-144366.html

I am hoping we will see the Glock 46, https://www.recoilweb.com/brand-new-shiny-glock-46-129623.html, this year, but I'm not counting on it.

Firefly
12-24-18, 16:32
I just want a slimline single stack Glock .45 with front serrations and a 5” govt profile with factory minus connector.

Why is Glock making every other dumb and pointless configuration except that one?

opngrnd
12-24-18, 17:43
I just want a slimline single stack Glock .45 with front serrations and a 5” govt profile with factory minus connector.

Why is Glock making every other dumb and pointless configuration except that one?

Because if they make the one you want up front, you won't buy all the others ones while you wait :p

halfmoonclip
12-24-18, 20:33
A rotary locking barrel? Ye Saints and little fishes! We shall see.
It seems to me the premise of the tilt lock and the rotary lock is to add the mass of the barrel to the mass of the slide at the moment of discharge.
I suppose one is as good as the other, but rotary has been around a long time, without a groundswell of imitators.
Moon

Arik
12-24-18, 22:52

Why is Glock making every other dumb and pointless configuration except that one?So a bigger G36?

RHINOWSO
12-24-18, 23:40
A rotary locking barrel? Ye Saints and little fishes! We shall see.
It seems to me the premise of the tilt lock and the rotary lock is to add the mass of the barrel to the mass of the slide at the moment of discharge.
I suppose one is as good as the other, but rotary has been around a long time, without a groundswell of imitators.
Moon

Sounds like they only made it for a contract requirement, otherwise I don't see them expending the resources nor do I see an advantage over a stock Glock barrel system.

halfmoonclip
12-24-18, 23:50
Sounds like they only made it for a contract requirement, otherwise I don't see them expending the resources nor do I see an advantage over a stock Glock barrel system.

Yeah, there's a puzzlement. Why would a contract stipulate that a mfg engineer something entirely different? Concur entirely; Browning's system works...why mess with it?
Moon

call_me_ski
12-25-18, 00:57
Yeah, there's a puzzlement. Why would a contract stipulate that a mfg engineer something entirely different? Concur entirely; Browning's system works...why mess with it?
Moon

The Glock 46 with the Rotary locked barrel was developed for German police. They use a 94gr “green” copper solid that leaves the barrel at 1400 FPS. It is brutal on guns and Glock redesigned their locking system to meet endurance testing requirements with those rounds. Most handguns struggle to meet the criteria and only a handful of pistols have passed the testing to date. The browning system is well tested but it only locks on the top. A rotating barrel locks at opposing sides and can be made stronger because of it.

Dr Dues
12-25-18, 07:45
Glock 43x 10+1

Not only does this make MORE sense, this is how the 43 should have been introduced in the first place!!!

halfmoonclip
12-25-18, 09:50
Thnx, ski. Good explanation. We'll see how it works out, perhaps.
Moon

drtywk
12-25-18, 16:20
Glock has also applied for US patents on the system, which increases the probability for a US release, but you never know.

dirkmagurk
12-26-18, 17:39
I personally am not a fan of the 43, I have one but it only serves as a loner for those wanting to try one out and never gets carried. After running it through some defensive drills I came to realize that for me it is less than ideal for fighting. I shoot the G26 far better in less than optimal real life type scenarios and it has a capacity advantage being able to utilize every Glock 9mm magazine. I get the whole better to have a gun argument and it is no doubt comfortable to carry. For me it would take a great deal of practice to become as proficient with it as I am with my 26/19 and is not worth the training time or the ammo handicap for the slight advantage in comfort.

opngrnd
12-26-18, 20:57
I personally am not a fan of the 43, I have one but it only serves as a loner for those wanting to try one out and never gets carried. After running it through some defensive drills I came to realize that for me it is less than ideal for fighting. I shoot the G26 far better in less than optimal real life type scenarios and it has a capacity advantage being able to utilize every Glock 9mm magazine. I get the whole better to have a gun argument and it is no doubt comfortable to carry. For me it would take a great deal of practice to become as proficient with it as I am with my 26/19 and is not worth the training time or the ammo handicap for the slight advantage in comfort.

I understand what you are saying. Mine was purchased for when I genuinely can't carry a double stack. In that role, it's quite sufficient.

Mozart
12-27-18, 19:13
These days I only carry my 43 for ultra concealment circumstances. Otherwise I’ve got the 19gen5 mos on me. A 43x might be a good competitor for the p365 but I’d have no use for it.

Nightstalker865
12-27-18, 22:09
G43X in the background
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181228/f042b9f6b00fa99a16314d4051d67f7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mkmckinley
12-27-18, 22:38
The Glock 46 with the Rotary locked barrel was developed for German police. They use a 94gr “green” copper solid that leaves the barrel at 1400 FPS. It is brutal on guns and Glock redesigned their locking system to meet endurance testing requirements with those rounds. Most handguns struggle to meet the criteria and only a handful of pistols have passed the testing to date. The browning system is well tested but it only locks on the top. A rotating barrel locks at opposing sides and can be made stronger because of it.

WHich ones have passed the test?

Nowski87
12-28-18, 07:45
G43X in the background
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181228/f042b9f6b00fa99a16314d4051d67f7b.jpg

If these are real, I want the 48 in a bad way. Though I don’t care for the slide color that can be fixed.

mkmckinley
12-28-18, 08:08

Ski I tried to respond to your PM but your mailbox is full

Firefly
12-28-18, 09:56
It makes me bitter to see a Single stack 9mm when it would be sooooooooo easy for Glock to have made a 5" profile .45 single stack plus opportunity to name it a G45.

I'm sure it'll make a good chick/kid/hobbit pistol but I just want my Glock "1911".

Doc Safari
12-28-18, 09:59
It makes me bitter to see a Single stack 9mm when it would be sooooooooo easy for Glock to have made a 5" profile .45 single stack plus opportunity to name it a G45.

I'm sure it'll make a good chick/kid/hobbit pistol but I just want my Glock "1911".

I heartily agree. A 1911-sized Glock with the same grip ergos, a sleek beveled slide, and FOHTAY-FIVE in Glock reliability.

"The stuff that dreams are made of."

Sam
12-28-18, 10:08
Nightstalker,

Are those legit photos? Not photoshopped?

Thanks.

jackblack73
12-28-18, 10:44
If Glock comes out with these, I'd be surprised if they come out in that color. I don't believe they offer any of their other guns in that color, unless you count Talo editions or something.

RHINOWSO
12-31-18, 09:55
Nightstalker,

Thanks.

https://www.recoilweb.com/glock-4843x-what-we-got-right-and-wrong-144477.html

Eurodriver
12-31-18, 10:15
Glock 43x 10+1

Not only does this make MORE sense, this is how the 43 should have been introduced in the first place!!!

Why? I can’t fit a 43x in my pocket.

But glad it suits you.

WillieThom
12-31-18, 11:14

But glad it suits you.

Wait... how did YOU get one?

12-31-18, 11:57
I heartily agree. A 1911-sized Glock with the same grip ergos, a sleek beveled slide, and FOHTAY-FIVE in Glock reliability.

"The stuff that dreams are made of."

They tried with the 36 and it was a pile of junk. A proper 1911 is still better than any Glock in 45.

CPM
12-31-18, 14:15
It’s all about width for me, which is why I carry a 43 or a Shield 45. I badly wish Glock made a single stack 45 that wasn’t 2” wide. They need to revamp the 21 with a slimmer aloe as well.

SHIVAN
12-31-18, 14:41
G19 still works.

Renegade
12-31-18, 15:01
Glock 43x 10+1

It should been introduced as is, but with a 10/12 round spare magazine.

drtywk
12-31-18, 20:33

The 43 wasn't designed to be a pocket gun, it is a dedicated BUG that can be worn in place of a larger framed Glock, if needed.

titsonritz
12-31-18, 21:21

I know where a 3913LS in great shape is I'm thinking seriously on picking up.

titsonritz
12-31-18, 21:23
Nightstalker,

Thanks.

Yes they are, here some live action shots, comparing the two along side the G19 & P365...
https://www.full30.com/embed/MDE4NDk0?fbclid=IwAR1VE1TlwN89CgIETkSDBco2GoPwfNJepv4ZMLb6wg9jInel_rvzNCl4mHQ

Sam
12-31-18, 23:20
Yes they are, here some live action shots, comparing the two along side the G19 & P365...
https://www.full30.com/embed/MDE4NDk0?fbclid=IwAR1VE1TlwN89CgIETkSDBco2GoPwfNJepv4ZMLb6wg9jInel_rvzNCl4mHQ

Yes, just saw scootchie's review.

FlyingHunter
01-01-19, 08:57
Interesting that Glock chose to not put any type of rail on the frame.

boomer223
01-01-19, 09:03
Yes, just saw scootchie's review.
Wow - the first thing I noticed was the consistent ejection pattern. Pretty sure none of mine eject that consistently..... (even with the Apex extractor)

Tx_Aggie
01-01-19, 09:37

I was thinking the same thing...

FlyingHunter
01-01-19, 09:43
I was thinking the same thing...

Maybe it will appear on the 43X Gen 2.0?

PatrioticDisorder
01-01-19, 09:51
The 43 wasn't designed to be a pocket gun, it is a dedicated BUG that can be worn in place of a larger framed Glock, if needed.

I’m with Euro, G43 was clutch for me, it’s my everyday carry, I throw it in my front pocket. You wouldn’t understand the appeal of pocket carrying a 43 unless you live in Florida.

The new 43x & 48 look like great options for my wife for home defense, perfect design for her and those living behind enemy lines with its natural 10 round capacity. I’m not a big fan of the slide coating, but whatever.

Tx_Aggie
01-01-19, 09:57
Maybe it will appear on the 43X Gen 2.0?

Haha, maybe so. But not until at least next year, after everyone has bought one of these.

Eurodriver
01-01-19, 10:46

That's cool. I don't care what it was designed for, though. I care what I can do with it.

I am not going to "Dress around the gun" because my desire to not look like a shoot-me-first douchebag is only offset by my willingness to get shot, stabbed, and robbed rather than wear a single extra article of clothing to conceal a larger handgun when it is 98*F with a dew point of 83*F.

A G43 fits in my pocket. A G43x etc will not. For me, is a pointless handgun because if I can carry a G43x I can carry a G19.

The end.

Nowski87
01-01-19, 11:07
That's cool. I don't care what it was designed for, though. I care what I can do with it.

I am not going to "Dress around the gun" because my desire to not look like a shoot-me-first douchebag is only offset by my willingness to get shot, stabbed, and robbed rather than wear a single extra article of clothing to conceal a larger handgun when it is 98*F with a dew point of 83*F.

A G43 fits in my pocket. A G43x etc will not. For me, is a pointless handgun because if I can carry a G43x I can carry a G19.

The end.

I'm of the same mind, but that is why I want the 43x or the 48. I love my 19 but being that I live in that same climate it's not fun to wear a double stack gun all day in shorts and a t-shirt, but the 43 and 42 are too short for my hands also I didn't like giving up the pocket space to my 42 when I had it and I don't care for .380. This though will give me the grip I need in a form factor I like without the weight and bulk.

Tx_Aggie
01-01-19, 11:24

The end.

^^^ QFT

jackblack73
01-01-19, 12:27

It's probably too narrow, like the regular G43. But there are lights that hold onto the trigger guard.

Pi3
01-01-19, 18:38
I want a G43 with the 365 capacity. Glock would have to re-engineer the magazine. Just making it longer doesnt work for me. Sig seems to be selling the 365s as fast as they can make them.
A single stack the size of the G19 is tempting. If they could get the G43 mag up to 10 rounds, Could the G48 mag match the current G19 capacity and eclipse it?
Glock is going to sale a lot of all the new stuff, regardless of whether we are interested or not.

SiGfever
01-01-19, 19:01
This is the great thing about so many choices. These pistols might not fit your needs, but they will fit someone else. Glock is going to sell a metric shit ton of them. For me the shiny slide does not make it, I want something dark so when it is pulled at night, the bad guy will not see it coming. January 3rd ought to be very interesting.

Arik
01-01-19, 21:28
There's no way I'm putting a G43 in a pocket. I don't wear tight clothes but I can barely stand a LCP 380 in the front pocket let alone a G43. Weather doesn't bother me too much. I know Florida is hot but Pa in the summer isn't any better. 95+ degrees, hot and humid. I always wear jeans, undershirt and a t-shirt. Would have to see the 43X before deciding if it's worth switching from the 19 in the summer

PatrioticDisorder
01-02-19, 04:48
There's no way I'm putting a G43 in a pocket. I don't wear tight clothes but I can barely stand a LCP 380 in the front pocket let alone a G43. Weather doesn't bother me too much. I know Florida is hot but Pa in the summer isn't any better. 95+ degrees, hot and humid. I always wear jeans, undershirt and a t-shirt. Would have to see the 43X before deciding if it's worth switching from the 19 in the summer

Having lived in PA around a decade ago I used to carry a G19 IWB in summer & OWB in winter months. This was around the time I first started concealed carrying. I tended to “dress around the gun”, looser fitting shirts, etc. I also wore jeans often. PA allows for open carry (even in Philly with your LTCF) so no big deal if the wind blows your shirt up. Living in Florida, I own jeans but never wear them, it’s either slacks or shorts, the 43 fits in both well (it wouldn’t with jeans) and I no longer wear shirts a size too large, concealing an IWB gun is sort of a PITA in FL partly due to dress but also law, no open carry (with a few exceptions). There have been cases of people being arrested for open carry due to their firearm accidentally being exposed, even after the legislature supposedly fixed the wording for this not to happen (it’s still LEO discretion). It’s simply easier to throw the 43 in your front pocket and go about your business, especially if you live or spend time in south Florida where local politics lean left.

Sam
01-02-19, 10:27
Saw on Facebook that Milt Sparks have received their 43X and 48 to make holsters. These pictures were taken from their FB page. I am not associated with the company.

Summer Special 2:

https://i.imgur.com/ooQHc67.jpg

Axiom:

https://i.imgur.com/CeoxwGF.jpg

VM2:

https://i.imgur.com/ZzFpFgs.jpg

thegreyman
01-02-19, 14:10
I know a lot of hard chargers that carry a Glock 43 with extended mag; I like my Langdon LTT, but I plan to buy one of the new slims. Regardless, Sig should be dropping the 365 soon - don't you think? It might be time for a 556R2-D2. The Milt Sparks VM2 Combo looks like money.

MountainRaven
01-02-19, 18:11
Raven Concealment sent out an email today announcing pre-orders for Peruns, Vanguards, and Morrigans for G43Xs and G48s, with holsters shipping 1 Feb.

SiGfever
01-02-19, 18:23
I know a lot of hard chargers that carry a Glock 43 with extended mag; I like my Langdon LTT, but I plan to buy one of the new slims. Regardless, Sig should be dropping the 365 soon - don't you think? It might be time for a 556R2-D2. The Milt Sparks VM2 Combo looks like money.

The VM-2 quality is outstanding, and one of the nicest leather IWB holsters. IMHO

SHIVAN
01-02-19, 18:43
I like more options and the fact that the market is healthy enough to support more makers making more options. The G43 form factor is already close to a G19 with a +1 or +2 extension. A G43x with essentially a +4 grip length, over the G43 -- it's got to be close to a G17 form factor. Right?

I may as well carry a 1911 again.

Eurodriver
01-02-19, 19:27
I like more options and the fact that the market is healthy enough to support more makers making more options. The G43 form factor is already close to a G19 with a +1 or +2 extension. A G43x with essentially a +4 grip length, over the G43 -- it's got to be close to a G17 form factor. Right?

I may as well carry a 1911 again.

I know you're being somewhat facetious but a 1911 w/ 8rds is almost 1 and a half pounds heavier than a G43x with 10 rounds.

I don't agree that a G43 is similar in form to a G19 in any way. One can fit a G43 with an extension deep in the pocket of a tight pair of jeans, but the butt of a G19 prevents that entirely. As you look at the pic, someone who isn't me has a G19 in the left pocket and a G43 in the right pocket.

SHIVAN
01-02-19, 19:34
Sorry, I ain't jeans pocket carrying a gun. No matter form factor.

AIWB or OWB kydex, and the G19 and G43 with extension are essentially hitting all the same parts of my anatomy. Same essential pressure points.

Eurodriver
01-02-19, 19:39
And boom goes the dynamite. I don't even own an AIWB/IWB holster for my EDC. If it doesn't fit in a pocket, I won't carry it. I would agree that AIWB/IWB a G19 and G43 take up pretty similar real estate.

SHIVAN
01-02-19, 19:41
Can totally appreciate a differing carry method, which is why I suppose I am happy that more makers are making more.

Mozart
01-03-19, 11:30
G19 still works.

Yes. G19, plus a G43 for such times when nobody gotsta know bout it

SHIVAN
01-03-19, 12:20
Yes. G19, plus a G43 for such times when nobody gotsta know bout it

I have both as well. I carry both at different times. I might start carrying both at the same time one in a LH AIWB and one in a RH AIWB.

Norseman
01-03-19, 12:28
Maybe I missed it, but why the silver colored slide? Seems strange to me.

Pi3
01-03-19, 12:30
I have both as well. I carry both at different times. I might start carrying both at the same time one in a LH AIWB and one in a RH AIWB.

With that combo, it seems all the bases are covered without a need for these new options.

PatrioticDisorder
01-03-19, 13:15
Maybe I missed it, but why the silver colored slide? Seems strange to me.

I’m spitballing here, but I do believe the 43X & 48’s target market is the female shooter & concealed carrier. Someone at Glock probably identified that color slide would be more appealing to the potential female buyer. I’m guessing men interested in buying it might complain a little about it but would still buy it.

Sam
01-03-19, 14:11
Unless he's joking, eurodriver wrote that the person in the photo is not him.

Norseman
01-03-19, 15:07
I’m spitballing here, but I do believe the 43X & 48’s target market is the female shooter & concealed carrier. Someone at Glock probably identified that color slide would be more appealing to the potential female buyer. I’m guessing men interested in buying it might complain a little about it but would still buy it.

Makes sense. Not real appealing to me but that is purely subjective/personal taste. Plus, anything that gets more folks into the fold the better. Regardless, Glock is going to sell a metric ton of theses just because its Glock and actually what people have been asking for size wise.

Hopefully they shake out well.

jpmuscle
01-03-19, 16:29
They’ll sell a ton now and then a ton more 30 days from now when they release the all black version.

I’m surprised they didn’t release them in 357 sig just to spite the market lol

Firefly
01-03-19, 16:57
I had a Glock 31 and am glad I dont anymore. I stopped chasing that dragon. Get a real .357 instead.

My thots on G48 have gone from severe anger and disgust that it isnt a .45 to "Hey I sorta want..." I know this gun is meant for girls but part of me just wants a single stack 9 that isnt a 1911 or a 639.

If they made a .22 kit for this...holee hell...

flenna
01-03-19, 17:28
Saw on Facebook that Milt Sparks have received their 43X and 48 to make holsters. These pictures were taken from their FB page. I am not associated with the company.

Summer Special 2:

https://i.imgur.com/ooQHc67.jpg

Axiom:

https://i.imgur.com/CeoxwGF.jpg

VM2:

https://i.imgur.com/ZzFpFgs.jpg

Milt Sparks Summer Special was the very first IWB holster I owned. They make great stuff and are far classier holsters than all the kydex I carry now.

seb5
01-03-19, 19:14

Maybe but when I was but a wee young pistolero anyone serious about the craft and IPSC had a two toned 1911 with hard chrome finish so they could practice their draws and not wear the blue off. Then it was S.S. once they worked the galling out. I don't care for the finish but it's covered when carrying so not a big deal. And as I always carry spare magazines a single stack that's thin interests me. I'm in the camp of carries much more than shoots when it comes to CCW so 10 with a spare or two carries easier than a 19 with a spare. For several years there was a .22 pistol in my house and four Glock 19's so I'm a true fan of the 19 but it's not perfect for everything.

Artiz
01-03-19, 19:20

The 48 was created specifically for the Canadian market.

I'm reading a lot of bitching on forums about WTF was Glock thinking with the 48... well Glock was thinking about the biggest Glock market after the US.

Arik
01-03-19, 20:16
I had a Glock 31 and am glad I dont anymore. I stopped chasing that dragon. Get a real .357 instead.

My thots on G48 have gone from severe anger and disgust that it isnt a .45 to "Hey I sorta want..." I know this gun is meant for girls but part of me just wants a single stack 9 that isnt a 1911 or a 639.

If they made a .22 kit for this...holee hell...Old 220?

thegreyman
01-05-19, 08:58
I believe the new slim Glock will really be popular; I know fellow Glock 19 owners (Glock believers) that will like new 43 X for concealed carry - especially appendix carry. And for ladies - especially basketball players - a slam dunk.
Again, after seeing photos, I am really impressed with the Milt Sparks holsters for new Glock; I have one for my Colt WC Government. Top quality workmanship and outstanding customer service.

Pi3
01-05-19, 21:10
My guess, the silver slide is an easy way to make it look different and new. At a gun show, you squint at the 20 glocks spread out on a table and they all look the same pretty much, some different sizes, sometimes a colored frame, but lots of black steel and plastic. And they have looked the same for 30 or more years. Nothing wrong with that, but to move product and the competition innovating...

halfmoonclip
01-13-19, 12:07
Pi3 has it figured out. For all their many merits, Glocks are fugly. In basic black, they're extra fugly.
Moon

Pi3
01-14-19, 18:00

I said that in the G45 Thread, not because I want a .45, but just because of the endless confusion that willl result.

Arik
01-14-19, 18:04
I said that in the G45 Thread, not because I want a .45, but just because of the endless confusion that willl result.I'm probably alone in this but honestly I don't understand why there would be confusion. All they're numbers are model numbers and not calibers. G19 isn't 19 caliber so a G45 isn't a 45 caliber

seb5
01-14-19, 21:50
I said that in the G45 Thread, not because I want a .45, but just because of the endless confusion that willl result.

We all joke about it but anyone that is truly confused doesn't need to buy a firearm based on their obvious lack of firearms knowledge.

Moose-Knuckle
01-17-19, 01:17
Sorry, I ain't jeans pocket carrying a gun.

No shit.

Everyday we stray further from the Allfather's light . . .

Pi3
01-17-19, 09:52
We all joke about it but anyone that is truly confused doesn't need to buy a firearm based on their obvious lack of firearms knowledge.

Exactly. Thanks for that. I used to think I wanted to work at a gun store when I retired, but reading some of the stupid things gun store employees have to deal with changed my mind.

Moose-Knuckle
01-17-19, 19:07
Exactly. Thanks for that. I used to think I wanted to work at a gun store when I retired, but reading some of the stupid things gun store employees have to deal with changed my mind.

Back in my former life I use to sell firearms for a big box outdoors retailer. The only thing worse than gun store employees are gun store customers. :fie:

Pacific5th
01-17-19, 21:27
I think part of this is a effort by Glock to get more out of states that have or are trying to get more magazine restrictions. My own state of Washington is trying hard to go full retard. If they did and I really wanted another Glock I would probably buy the G48 over a G19. Why have a bigger grip when I can get a slimmer smaller one? Some of the biggest populations are in restricted states.

I’m hoping they come out with a G48 sized 45acp though. I like 45’s but I don’t have huge hands and don’t really want a 1911.

Pi3
01-17-19, 21:32
I think part of this is a effort by Glock to get more out of states that have or are trying to get more magazine restrictions. My own state of Washington is trying hard to go full retard. If they did and I really wanted another Glock I would probably buy the G48 over a G19. Why have a bigger grip when I can get a slimmer smaller one? Some of the biggest populations are in restricted states.

I’m hoping they come out with a G48 sized 45acp though. I like 45’s but I don’t have huge hands and don’t really want a 1911.

The G26 addressed this back in the day.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/glock-magazine-gen-4-glock-26-9mm-luger-10-round-polymer-black.html

Pacific5th
01-17-19, 22:11

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/glock-magazine-gen-4-glock-26-9mm-luger-10-round-polymer-black.html

I guess but not everyone wants a small double stack short griped gun.

SethB
01-18-19, 23:01

Sure, it's great, except for the snub nose and the two finger grip and being wide as a brick.

Eurodriver
01-19-19, 07:46
No shit.

Everyday we stray further from the Allfather's light . . .

No shit.

SiGfever
01-19-19, 07:54
To me the G43x and the G48 makes perfect sense for "Retarded" (oops, I meant) "Restricted" states. Why carry a thick pistol when you can have a sleek frame pistol with your state's legal round limit. With the slim size they will lay against the body better and print less.

dirkmagurk
01-19-19, 09:34
The G43 is the gun that is easy to carry but I wouldn’t want to get in a fight with. Think about the type of scenerio you might find yourself in that would require you to use deadly force. Then think how you would use whatever tool you’ve chosen to stop that threat. As a civilian there is a high likelihood it will be a bad breath distance oncoming assault type situation. If you are on the ground, one arm pinned or compromised in any way while someone is actively trying to take your life, would you still want the slimmest most comfortable/convenient to carry pistol to fight with? I can tell you from experience that you will want the biggest baddest hand of god to come down and obliterate that threat. I know veterans with extensive injuries that are in constant pain but carry G19/17 sized pistols on a daily basis. Choosing to carry is a highly personal decision but I think most civilians or those with little to no experience are unrealistic in their expectations. Taking a pistol class from a reputable instructor is priceless for these people. My wife had the mindset that her little micro .380 was fine until she went through some training, now she never leaves the house without her G26.

seb5
01-19-19, 10:38
The G43 is the gun that is easy to carry but I wouldn’t want to get in a fight with. Think about the type of scenerio you might find yourself in that would require you to use deadly force. Then think how you would use whatever tool you’ve chosen to stop that threat. As a civilian there is a high likelihood it will be a bad breath distance oncoming assault type situation. If you are on the ground, one arm pinned or compromised in any way while someone is actively trying to take your life, would you still want the slimmest most comfortable/convenient to carry

Interesting and I agree with wanting the most gun if you need it. But for what you're describing above I think the 43 is perfect. The reason I frequently carry a 19 is because of the possibility of more distance, more bad guys, or a gunfight vs. a quick, up close shooting incident.

flenna
01-19-19, 15:04

Correct, it was the '94 ban that set off the subcompact handgun market. Glock led the way in designing the smallest package around a 10 round magazine. G26, G27, G29, G30 were the results.

Moose-Knuckle
01-20-19, 06:12
nevermind.

dirkmagurk
01-20-19, 09:06
Interesting and I agree with wanting the most gun if you need it. But for what you're describing above I think the 43 is perfect. The reason I frequently carry a 19 is because of the possibility of more distance, more bad guys, or a gunfight vs. a quick, up close shooting incident.

I agree with your reasons for choosing the 19. What I have found with the 43 and similar slim sub compact 9mm pistols is that most people have trouble handling the recoil, especially when firing defensive ammo. If you add in some simulated stress and using one hand to draw and get rounds on target things can go to shit pretty quickly. You can train to become proficient with just about any pistol. The problem is when the average person who does not train buys one of these pistols for carry and expects to be able to use it effectively.

CWM11B
01-20-19, 09:25
"The problem is when the average person who does not train buys one of these pistols for carry and expects to be able to use it effectively."

To be honest, that applies to any pistol (or other firearm types) a person with that mindset purchases.

dirkmagurk
01-20-19, 10:37
"The problem is when the average person who does not train buys one of these pistols for carry and expects to be able to use it effectively."

To be honest, that applies to any pistol (or other firearm types) a person with that mindset purchases.
True, but these sub compact full caliber micro pistols exaggerate training deficiencies.

Pilgrim
01-21-19, 11:50
I got the 48... 43x to follow.

I’ve had a heckuva time trying to shoot with acceptable speed and accuracy with the 43. 48 much better handling wise.

To quote Paul Harrell, “This gun fits my hand better than this one does.”

I’ve had many a model 26 over the years, but I’ve never really liked shooting them.

I was also looking for an excuse to buy another gun.

halfmoonclip
01-21-19, 12:15
I have some Blue Label coupons, and a 48 is in the future. I have a 43;making it bigger doesn't really solve any problems for me. The 48 is another matter; a more modern 3913.
Guns that are a stinker to shoot don't get shot; my LCPII really isn't any fun, but the 42 (and a P365) get shot a bunch. Gotta believe the new Glocks should be pleasant shooters.
Moon

SHIVAN
01-21-19, 14:34
I had missed that the 48 and 43x mags would be different than the 43. That sucks, as I was hoping to get factory 10rd single stack G43 mags versus aftermarket. Oh well.

WickedWillis
01-21-19, 15:00
I had missed that the 48 and 43x mags would be different than the 43. That sucks, as I was hoping to get factory 10rd single stack G43 mags versus aftermarket. Oh well.

I haven't seen anything yet that said you cannot run the 43x and 48 mags in your standard 43.

SHIVAN
01-21-19, 15:07
They are completely different and do not insert in the 43 at all. Pics were on FB, from someone prepping for SHOT or someone who got early shipments

SHIVAN
01-21-19, 15:09
https://i0.wp.com/www.firearmrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Glock-43X-magazine-vs-Glock-43-.jpg?resize=660%2C371&ssl=1

G43x and G48 (https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/01/patrick-roberts/oops-glock-43x-review-and-glock-48-details-leaked-ahead-of-embargo-date/)

Pilgrim
01-21-19, 15:29
They are completely different and do not insert in the 43 at all. Pics were on FB, from someone prepping for SHOT or someone who got early shipments

The new 43x/48 magazines will drop free also, unlike on some 43’s.

Interesting how the 48 barrel is slightly longer than the 19 barrel.

I’m not necessarily a fan of the shiny slide finish, but I’ll put up with it.

Night sight versions are available.

WickedWillis
01-21-19, 15:50

I appreciate the heads up then! Seems like a silly move on Glock's part. Especially since they have been the industry standard when it comes to magazine interchangeability

Todd.K
01-21-19, 17:01
No. Coming out with a 7 or 8 round gun with extra thick grip walls would have been silly. I think it has to be like a 1.5 stack to fit 10 rounds.

If anything the 43x name is silly, and will continue to cause confusion over mag compatibility.

VIP3R 237
01-21-19, 18:25
My brother was able to put a few rounds through the 43x at media day and he says it feels like a skinny 19 and he wants one.

WickedWillis
01-21-19, 18:44
My brother was able to put a few rounds through the 43x at media day and he says it feels like a skinny 19 and he wants one.

Well. that's terrible news for my wallet if it's true.

Xbox and ARs
01-21-19, 19:13

This guy gets it.

mark5pt56
01-21-19, 19:15
Canadian minimum barrel length is 105mm, the 19 did not reach this. Appears it will one additional market for the Glock 43x/48

The new 43x/48 magazines will drop free also, unlike on some 43’s.

Interesting how the 48 barrel is slightly longer than the 19 barrel.

I’m not necessarily a fan of the shiny slide finish, but I’ll put up with it.

Night sight versions are available.

RND
01-21-19, 19:16
Well. that's terrible news for my wallet if it's true.

Tested a 43X today and would label it a “spinner” where as the 19 is a “quiver.” A 19X/45 and a 43X would fill a lot of missions and holes.

ramairthree
01-21-19, 19:36
Cool.

Now I can buy pistols very similar in size and capacity to my first semi auto over 30 years ago,
A Star BM.

Firefly
01-21-19, 23:44
The pimp daddy two tone wasn't a prototype.....

CoryCop25
02-15-19, 20:15
Got mine yesterday. Very Nice trigger.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7861/33233003668_ab58cd5a72_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/SCFQaS)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/SCFQaS) by Cory Fluck (https://www.flickr.com/photos/101418915@N07/), on Flickr

Pi3
02-15-19, 20:29

Maybe their saving the all black version for next year.

Pi3
02-15-19, 20:29

Maybe they are saving the all black version for next year. It's getting harder and harder to come up with something new without breaking a sweat. Maybe a G26 slide on a G19 grip?:haha:

MStarmer
02-16-19, 14:52
Wife got one, luckily we just got done loading about 5000rnds...
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7815/32174075247_e5799eabc9_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/R27xDi)20190206_114936(1) (https://flic.kr/p/R27xDi) by Michael Starmer (https://www.flickr.com/photos/156641484@N07/), on Flickr

RWH24
02-17-19, 15:23

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/08/22/nsr-tactical-dual-appendix-carry-holster/

NSR Tactical Dual Appendix Carry Holster

flenna
02-17-19, 15:36
Cool.

Now I can buy pistols very similar in size and capacity to my first semi auto over 30 years ago,
A Star BM.

I know, right? Maybe in another 30 years they will come out with a subcompact pistol with a double stack 10 round magazine that also takes longer, higher capacity magazines from a full size gun. Now that would be something.

Spiff_P239
02-17-19, 17:21
I took my 43X to the range on Thursday and was pleasantly surprised by how well it handled. I’m not as accurate with it as I am with my Gen 5 Glock 19, but I’m sure that’ll come with time.

RWH24
02-19-19, 11:42
GLOCK 43X AND 48 MAGS ARE NOW IN

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/glock-43x-48-9mm-10-round-factory-magazine.html

got an email this morning

Brownells has preorder

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/handgun-magazines/magazines/magazine-for-glock-43x-48-prod126052.aspx?avs%7cMake~~Model_1=Glock__48

Eurodriver
02-19-19, 14:15
I know, right? Maybe in another 30 years they will come out with a subcompact pistol with a double stack 10 round magazine that also takes longer, higher capacity magazines from a full size gun. Now that would be something.

Remember when people made guns 500 years ago that didn’t fire if they were dropped?

halfmoonclip
02-20-19, 16:10
Yeah, yeah, but Sig simply stole a march on Glock, and they are scrambling to offer something.
Still not sure I give Sig Glock-level reliability props, but the damned P365 may be pocketable, and I was clanging a 6" plate with mine at 35 yards. It's hardly bigger than my much-loved 42, holds 10 rounds, and is a 9.
Glock's been sitting on their laurels (and their polymer) for far too long. It's time to think about thinner, all steel magazines with less bulk, among other things.
Moon

MountainRaven
05-09-19, 21:25
I just watched the 9-Hole Reviews video on the P7 PSP and I noticed something about it's ratio dimensions, so I did some digging and...

H&K P7 PSP | Glock 43X
Length: 166mm | 165mm
Height: 127mm | 128mm
Width: 29mm | 28mm

The only thing that's really different is that the H&K manages to stuff a 4.1 inch barrel into that size package, while the Glock has a 3.4 inch barrel. And the Glock is 23 oz loaded while the P7 PSP is 27.7 oz.

Pi3
05-10-19, 15:40
Funny, my dream pistol would have the best characteristics of a G19 & a P7.

Arik
05-11-19, 11:06
Got to rent one today. Factory Glock sights, 2 mags, only 50 rounds. With rental guns you have to use store ammo and I didn't want to pay 40sw prices for 9mm. So only one box.

No grittiness in the slide like the guy in the video mentioned but it is a range gun so it has been used maybe that has been worked out

Center is 10 yards.
Left is 15 yards
Right is all the way back. I'm guessing it was about 50 yards since I was on the rifle lane. Does not shoot low for me and I'll probably picking one up shortlyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190511/f45dd2ffa22900004bd441f018c2ca79.jpg

halfmoonclip
05-20-19, 09:11
'Raven, interesting comparison. Handled my buddy's last night at the range, and it reminded me of a lightweight Commander. But it does feel good in the hand, and I'll get one eventual'.
Moon

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-24-19, 22:02
I'm finding it to be the most comfortable pistol I've ever carried. AIWB is a breeze.

FlyingHunter
05-26-19, 19:19
Does anyone know if the 43x can be milled to hold a mini RDS?

Boy Scout
05-26-19, 22:27
Does anyone know if the 43x can be milled to hold a mini RDS?

I’m seeing some with Shield RMS’s and Suarez makes an adaptor for the RMR on a 43 slide, in addition to their in-house aftermarket milled 43 slides. A few other companies making slides as well.

I think (in theory) a 43X with the Noblex low profile red dot would just be a fun little package.