PDA

View Full Version : Buttstock for balanced Noveske 14..5”

tanktop
12-23-18, 22:05
I’ve ordered GFY-15 builders kit to go with my Noveske 14.5”. I plan to put a SureFire brake and a carbine buffer tube with a Super 42 buffer spring kit. I want this rifle as balanced as possible, any suggestions on a buttstock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizzman
12-23-18, 22:10
What's your definition of balanced? If you provide a balance point, we may be able to assist....otherwise, we're just gonna suggest what we like.

Furbyballer
12-23-18, 22:12
I’ve ordered GFY-15 builders kit to go with my Noveske 14.5”. I plan to put a SureFire brake and a carbine buffer tube with a Super 42 buffer spring kit. I want this rifle as balanced as possible, any suggestions on a buttstock?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSo I would upgrade to a ubr gen 2 and rock a vltor a5 buffer system. It will put the weight in the back and smooth out your shot with the vltor system even more than the super 42 and sf mb combo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tanktop
12-24-18, 05:43
What's your definition of balanced? If you provide a balance point, we may be able to assist....otherwise, we're just gonna suggest what we like.

Not trying to over complicate it, just don’t want it too front or rear heavy.

tanktop
12-24-18, 05:46
So I would upgrade to a ubr gen 2 and rock a vltor a5 buffer system. It will put the weight in the back and smooth out your shot with the vltor system even more than the super 42 and sf mb combo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Didn’t know you could run a A5 in a UBR. I already run a A5 and I like it but this time I plan to run a carbine buffer with an adjustable gas block.

hk_shootr
12-24-18, 06:01
Didn’t know you could run a A5 in a UBR. I already run a A5 and I like it but this time I plan to run a carbine buffer with an adjustable gas block.

The Gen 2 UBR uses a rifle length tube, an internal spacer is used to allow for carbine length buffer use.

https://www.magpul.com/products/ubr-2-0-collapsible-stock

Freelance
12-24-18, 06:05
The UBR Gen 1 will not, however the UBR Gen 2 will support the A5 system. Is also a bit lighter and cheaper and has QD slots where the first one should have.

gunnerblue
12-24-18, 08:53

Do you plan on using a suppressor? If so, I find that my UBR 2 balances nicely with a 14.5" barrel (Colt SOCCOM), Magpul SL handguard and mini suppressor (Saker 556k). Without the can, this setup feels rear heavy. If no suppressor, lightweight carbine stocks such as Magpul SL and BCM Gunfighter feel fine to me.

GH41
12-24-18, 09:19
Not trying to over complicate it, just don’t want it too front or rear heavy.

Not trying to over simplify it but only you can decide what you want. Stocks weigh from 4 oz up to a couple of pounds. If you really don't know what you want get and old M4 stock and add weight until it feels right. Weigh and replace with a sock of similar weight.

MistWolf
12-24-18, 09:55
The Gen 2 UBR uses a rifle length tube, an internal spacer is used to allow for carbine length buffer use.

https://www.magpul.com/products/ubr-2-0-collapsible-stock

The Gen II UBR uses an A5 RE

hk_shootr
12-24-18, 15:11

Yes, it uses a custom buffer tube that is “rifle length”, this tube can ONLY be used with the UBR. It is NOT an A5 receiver extension, but it does utilize an A5 buffer.

GH41
12-24-18, 16:59

And it is a pig @ a pound and a half. That is cool if that is what he wants. I just can't imagine him wanting an ass heavy rig on a 14.5.

vicious_cb
12-24-18, 17:15
And it is a pig @ a pound and a half. That is cool if that is what he wants. I just can't imagine him wanting an ass heavy rig on a 14.5.

Its probably the most durable and advanced stock design for the AR...and no one uses it cause it so f'ing heavy. The only AR's Ive found it works on are SPR types with 18" and 20" SPR or Heavy profile barrels

GH41
12-24-18, 17:34
Its probably the most durable and advanced stock design for the AR...and no one uses it cause it so f'ing heavy. The only AR's Ive found it works on are SPR types with 18" and 20" SPR or Heavy profile barrels

Yep... Pig stock on a rifle where weight won't matter. Just cannot see it working on the OP's 14.5...

MistWolf
12-24-18, 18:10
Yes, it uses a custom buffer tube that is “rifle length”, this tube can ONLY be used with the UBR. It is NOT an A5 receiver extension, but it does utilize an A5 buffer.

It's the internal dimension that matters :)

hk_shootr
12-24-18, 18:18
It's the internal dimension that matters :)

We agree......Merry Christmas Sir. :cool:

MistWolf
12-24-18, 19:14
We agree.....
Wait- What?!? How did that happen??

Merry Christmas Sir. :cool:
and a Happy New Year!

ajyaros
01-05-19, 06:30
I picked up an lmt sopmod gen 1 and it’s fairly light. I did a minimalist stock years ago and was super disappointed about it was too light and made the rifle super heavy up front. I figure extra weight in the rear isn’t too bad bc it’s braced on your shoulder.

Aetius
01-05-19, 15:38
A Magpul STR may give you what you want. I had one on a NRW 14.5, it was fairly “balanced”