PDA

View Full Version : Package from Turkey!

eternal24k
11-03-08, 19:22
So about a year and a half ago I was set on buying a Armalite AR-24 (still on my mind) but I really wanted to have wood grips to fit the P210 look. So I contacted Armalite and they said none were available, so I got to thinking that maybe Sarsilmaz, the manufacturer might make some that fit it since they offer wood grips on their other CZ based pistols. So I wrote them a letter. A year and 2 months later I got a reply to my email saying for me to give them my address, so i did. Friday I got a package that looked like it had been through hell and had a return address around 14 lines long with the last line being "Turkey". I was so excited I ran into work and tore it open and read "we are sorry, we do not sell wood grips for the AR-24 model", and included was a set of stock rubber grips :D
I thought it was funny as hell, had they been wood grips I would of been on the phone with my FFL in a second. It was a really nice gesture from the company, but I could of just got some from Armalite lol.

LancerSystems
11-04-08, 18:04
well you didn't get the grips you wanted but you've got a great story to tell :)