PDA

View Full Version : CA Ammo Law 2019

jmp45
12-27-18, 12:37
Just became aware of this, you guys probably already know. Registration @ $1 for registered firearms, one time $19 DOJ for non registered with wait time for purchases. All sale information submitted, buyer, caliber, quantity, sales person, date and cost. What a cluster f. CA members, you may want to buy now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w7Fw1UxJWM

OH58D
12-27-18, 13:05
I'm sure Arizona and Nevada will be benefiting from "Ammo Tourism".

jmp45
12-27-18, 13:23
I'm sure Arizona and Nevada will be benefiting from "Ammo Tourism".

In that clip he said you can't go out of state to purchase. K, why not? This law needs to be isolated to CA.

223to45
12-27-18, 13:56
California people, have been stocking up for a year now.

Total cluster.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

THCDDM4
12-27-18, 14:27
Jeeze. What dicks. Likely going to be tried in CO this legislative session. Not looking forward to a full d gov here...

I feel for you guys. If I lived in cali Id set up an ammo depot in Nevada and market in CA. Full
Blown FU style!

docsherm
12-27-18, 15:05
I am a firm believer in medicine. It works. When a limb is so infected with gangrene that it threatens to kill the body you cut it off.

At what point will we as a country make that call? We need to do it to same the rest before the infection spreads.

Or we can treat it like a cancer. Send them huge doses of radiation. ;)

TomMcC
12-27-18, 16:16
I have been stocking up so I can make a little over a year....then I retire and move to the free air in Idaho. This is a very beautiful state and I was born here, Compton if you can believe it, but we have evil and insane people running it, so as soon as I'm finished with work I'm outta here. I feel sorry for the guys I 3gun with who are about 12-15 years younger than me...with guys like Newson they will have to endure much.

SteyrAUG
12-27-18, 17:00
All sale information submitted, buyer, caliber, quantity, sales person, date and cost.

Isn't that a direct violation of FOPA?

jmp45
12-27-18, 17:05
Isn't that a direct violation of FOPA?

You would know better than I, Steyr. Those details were taken from the youtube clip.

flenna
12-27-18, 17:16
In that clip he said you can't go out of state to purchase. K, why not? This law needs to be isolated to CA.

Wow, so CA can dictate to their residents what they can and cannot buy out of state?

jmp45
12-27-18, 17:50
Wow, so CA can dictate to their residents what they can and cannot buy out of state?

That's what the guy in the video said.. I can't see how they can enforce if so. He may have had other reasons for stating that @ 3:13 in.

TomMcC
12-27-18, 17:56
You can buy all the ammo you want in another state....if you're physically in another state, you just can't bring it back.

jmp45
12-27-18, 18:01
You can buy all the ammo you want in another state....if you're physically in another state, you just can't bring it back.

@ 10:00 into the clip he says coming back from out of state with ammo is a misdemeanor.

TomMcC
12-27-18, 18:08
@ 10:00 into the clip he says coming back from out of state with ammo is a misdemeanor.

We should be thankful the Dems didn't make it a felony...but there's always room for improvement.

I forgot...its a good first step!

jmp45
12-27-18, 18:15
We should be thankful the Dems didn't make it a felony...but there's always room for improvement.

I forgot...its a good first step!

Yes, they never stop, they never rest.

TomMcC
12-27-18, 18:17
Smuggling...that great American tradition.

lowprone
12-27-18, 19:42
California is the new Confederacy !
They have passed laws that allow vote harvesting, a felony in many states.
They have destroyed the Republican Party in Ca.
They have destroyed the middle class in Ca.
They have created a new Feudal class on the coast w/pheasants every where else.
They are allowing illegal immigrants to vote and receive welfare, ect, ect.
They have in fact revolted against the United States of America.

Iraqgunz
12-27-18, 21:19
Because according to CA law, it would circumvent their legislation. Regardless of the fact that it is essentially unenforceable.

soulezoo
12-27-18, 21:28
California is the new Confederacy !
They have passed laws that allow vote harvesting, a felony in many states.
They have destroyed the Republican Party in Ca.
They have destroyed the middle class in Ca.
They have created a new Feudal class on the coast w/pheasants every where else.
They are allowing illegal immigrants to vote and receive welfare, ect, ect.
They have in fact revolted against the United States of America.

Sorry, but you can't find pheasants anywhere in CA anymore unless you belong to a pheasant club to hunt them.

Bulletdog
12-28-18, 00:53
I am a firm believer in medicine. It works. When a limb is so infected with gangrene that it threatens to kill the body you cut it off.

At what point will we as a country make that call? We need to do it to same the rest before the infection spreads.

Or we can treat it like a cancer. Send them huge doses of radiation. ;)

Right, except that when treating cancer you don't want to kill off all the good tissue with the bad.

Don't forget that half of this state is filled with people who have the same values and principals as you. There are more conservative voters in CA than in TX. We just don't seem to be able to take back the power from the criminals running the state. Should we send huge doses of radiation to TX because of Austin and all the Beto voters? How about helping your allies behind enemy lines instead of making jokes about killing them?

You don't like the BS that's happening here? How do you think we feel about it?

SteyrAUG
12-28-18, 03:53

I think it's like high cap magazines, they can buy them out of state, they are just illegal to bring back into the state. So now unregistered ammo is a prohibited item. Those guys need to buy a lot of reloading components and start casting bullets.

soulezoo
12-28-18, 08:32
Yep, reloading train is the way to go for now. Fortunately, I had already done a lot of stocking up on factory loaded stuff. I'll save that for now and all my bang bang time is reloads.

glocktogo
12-28-18, 10:26
Right, except that when treating cancer you don't want to kill off all the good tissue with the bad.

Don't forget that half of this state is filled with people who have the same values and principals as you. There are more conservative voters in CA than in TX. We just don't seem to be able to take back the power from the criminals running the state. Should we send huge doses of radiation to TX because of Austin and all the Beto voters? How about helping your allies behind enemy lines instead of making jokes about killing them?

I really feel for you guys, but this is less like cancer and more like ebola. We don't need to kill you, we just need to quarantine the threat. :(

prdubi
12-28-18, 11:13
I don't feel for them..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

26 Inf
12-28-18, 11:26
Sorry, but you can't find pheasants anywhere in CA anymore unless you belong to a pheasant club to hunt them.

Slight sidetrack: Northern California ought to have some in the central areas, based on the bag limits. Or, are you saying all the available land is leased up?

https://pheasantsforever.org/BlogLanding/Blogs/Pheasants-Forever/California-Pheasant-Forecast-2018.aspx

ETA: I am interested in what you said, and, yes, peasants are generally a protected species.

TomMcC
12-28-18, 12:22
I don't feel for them..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's always good to know what people really think of you and who your friends are. May what has happen to us in Ca never happen to you.

flenna
12-28-18, 13:43
It's always good to know what people really think of you and who your friends are. May what has happen to us in Ca never happen to you.

We will probably never know the extent of the voter fraud and illegalities that keeps the Dems in power in CA. The same illegalities that is spreading to other states.

SomeOtherGuy
12-28-18, 14:54
I think it's like high cap magazines, they can buy them out of state, they are just illegal to bring back into the state. So now unregistered ammo is a prohibited item. Those guys need to buy a lot of reloading components and start casting bullets.

If the ammo purchased out-of-state is the same type that you could legally purchase in state, there's a potential Commerce Clause challenge to any CA claim that it's illegal to bring that ammo back in. If this were legal, why wouldn't all states prohibit their residents from buying anything of any kind out of state, in order to get all the sales tax revenue and commerce benefits within the state?

This is different from a situation where the item is illegal to possess within the state, so buying out-of-state to bring back would violate mere possession laws. (Stupid as they are.)

TomMcC
12-28-18, 15:34
We will probably never know the extent of the voter fraud and illegalities that keeps the Dems in power in CA. The same illegalities that is spreading to other states.

We'll probably never know unless maybe some really in the know Dem has an almost heavenly conversion and spills the beans.

glocktogo
12-28-18, 15:34
If the ammo purchased out-of-state is the same type that you could legally purchase in state, there's a potential Commerce Clause challenge to any CA claim that it's illegal to bring that ammo back in. If this were legal, why wouldn't all states prohibit their residents from buying anything of any kind out of state, in order to get all the sales tax revenue and commerce benefits within the state?

This is different from a situation where the item is illegal to possess within the state, so buying out-of-state to bring back would violate mere possession laws. (Stupid as they are.)

Wait a minute. Are you suggesting that the Commerce Clause should be invoked to protect the rights of the consumer, as opposed to the government?

What are you, some sort of crazy anarchist? :confused:

/s

TomMcC
12-28-18, 15:38

When the Dems tried to outright ban the buying of ammo on the net, it was struck down. Now they're trying to be a bit more crafty. You can still buy on the net, BUT it must go through a bonafide ammo dealer and they must do the backround check. Of course the dealer can tack on any fees they want onto this purchase. No outright ban, but red tape as far as the eye can see.

Bulletdog
12-28-18, 20:47
I really feel for you guys, but this is less like cancer and more like ebola. We don't need to kill you, we just need to quarantine the threat. :(

Thank you for not wishing everyone in the entire state dead.

Too late for containment. This virus is all over the country now. I was shocked to see so many HRC signs in front lawns in TX before the election.

I don't know how to fight it. Been trying to figure it out for decades.

docsherm
12-28-18, 22:12

I live this. I hear this crap all of the time and it is pure BS. "IT IS NOT ALL OF US. THERE ARE A LOT OF CONSERVATIVES HERE." Right, LOLOLOLOL

Do we have a bunch of libtards here? Yup. Be do we elect any? Nope. Do we have any Libtards elected here? Yes, a few. But let's look at this:

Texas, Dem Reps 11, Rep 24- Senate Dems 0, Rep 2

California, Dem Reps 39, Rep 14- Senate Dems 2 Rep 0

That is at the Federal level. I can break down the State Government but that would just get embarrassing for you. So how are you helping? Thank is what I thought.

As for Austin, feel free. It is mostly A@#holes from California now days. ;)

Reference:
https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_House_of_Representatives

Bulletdog
12-28-18, 22:24
I live this. I hear this crap all of the time and it is pure BS. "IT IS NOT ALL OF US. THERE ARE A LOT OF CONSERVATIVES HERE." Right, LOLOLOLOL

Do we have a bunch of libtards here? Yup. Be do we elect any? Nope. Do we have any Libtards elected here? Yes, a few. But let's look at this:

Texas, Dem Reps 11, Rep 24- Senate Dems 0, Rep 2

California, Dem Reps 39, Rep 14- Senate Dems 2 Rep 0

That is at the Federal level. I can break down the State Government but that would just get embarrassing for you. So how are you helping? Thank is what I thought.

As for Austin, feel free. It is mostly A@#holes from California now days. ;)

Reference:
https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_House_of_Representatives

Right. I don't know how old you are but CA wasn't always like this. It started here, just like it is starting there. Give it a minute. Texas is catching up fast.

Explain to me how more conservative voters here in CA than in TX is crap and "pure BS". The libs lie, cheat and steal the elections from the conservatives here, and you think that means everyone in the state should be killed? That is the only load of crap on this thread. What kind of person wants to discard their own allies? The dems will figure out how to cheat and steal elections in Texas too. They are getting closer all the time. Once that happens, someone from a state just a little more conservative than yours will express how they think all of Texas should be flushed down the toilet because the dems gained some control, and then you come back and talk to me about this subject again.

We're all in the same boat here Doc. I'll take as many people on my side as I can get. I don't care what state they call home. Apparently you do.

TomMcC
12-28-18, 22:36
It looks like the Ca gun owning conservative is despised by both sides...and I'm supposed to stand with the conservative despisers in a coming leftist revolt...yeah, whatever.

lowprone
12-28-18, 23:03
pheasants, peasants, schmezants

SteyrAUG
12-29-18, 00:08
It looks like the Ca gun owning conservative is despised by both sides...and I'm supposed to stand with the conservative despisers in a coming leftist revolt...yeah, whatever.

Perhaps that is how us heathen conservatives are made to feel from time to time. Personally I don't buy into the whole "we get the government we deserve" because simply being outnumbered doesn't mean you deserve an outcome and lots of people always get trapped behind the lines through no fault of their own.

Whiskey_Bravo
12-29-18, 00:37

Poor you. You live in a shit state(politically) and get butt hurt when other conservatives get pissed at your state's policies that always end up ****ing over the rest of the nation. Yeah it sucks for you being stuck behind enemy lines but there has been no major protest or even real political action on the part of the right there . Either act or move to a state that needs you. FFS if you are a real conservative please come to Texas(if not please see my blanket "Texas is full statement").

Your statement about not standing with conservatives says all that is needed. Please continue with your regularly scheduled compliance.

TomMcC
12-29-18, 01:04
Poor you. You live in a shit state(politically) and get butt hurt when other conservatives get pissed at your state's policies that always end up ****ing over the rest of the nation. Yeah it sucks for you being stuck behind enemy lines but there has been no major protest or even real political action on the part of the right there . Either act or move to a state that needs you. FFS if you are a real conservative please come to Texas(if not please see my blanket "Texas is full statement").

Your statement about not standing with conservatives says all that is needed. Please continue with your regularly scheduled compliance.

Butt hurt? Hardly. Just pointing out the crappy principles some conservatives hold. And what you think of me, I just don't care. And no I wouldn't stand with you, we have completely different, at a fundamental level, views of the world.

And what makes you think I'm complying?

TomMcC
12-29-18, 01:07
Perhaps that is how us heathen conservatives are made to feel from time to time. Personally I don't buy into the whole "we get the government we deserve" because simply being outnumbered doesn't mean you deserve an outcome and lots of people always get trapped behind the lines through no fault of their own.

And who is making you feel despised?

SteyrAUG
12-29-18, 01:51
And who is making you feel despised?

Oh perhaps not despised, and not trying to be a martyr, just pointing out that all kinds of conservatives get "left behind" from time to time and sometimes it's the gun owning / non fundamentalist types. So the whole "why can't be band together effectively" question is sometimes multi faceted.

I've watched the fundamentalist crowd be dismissive of other Christians because they aren't fundie enough or have misunderstood "the word" or whatever the hell the problem actually was and done in a extremely critical way. I hate to think what would happen if they and some "non believers" ever had to band together to try and do something meaningful concerning gun rights.

And this is why we lose ground on a regular basis. Their whole song and dance is diversity, even when they don't even mean it. Everyone is invited along to destroy "old white man conservative values" and they will include anyone in any capacity to achieve that goal. Those in power know they can always have a "night of the long knives" when and if they are successful.

But sometime I think the Palestinians and Israel will settle their differences long before all gun owners figure out that their particular niche of the community will never pull it off all by themselves. And it isn't "them" that is keeping us successfully divided, it is too damn many of us doing it all by ourselves.

Firefly
12-29-18, 02:24
It doesnt matter

TomMcC
12-29-18, 02:49
Maybe God's just giving us a little taste of hell...I surely know that I have it a lot better than I deserve. And why can't we be united, maybe INXS had some insight...the devil inside, the devil inside, every single one of us is the devil inside.

OldState
12-29-18, 09:42

Possibly why they only made it a misdemeanor; to avoid a challenge.

It is technically illegal to buy and transport alcohol across state lines, but Delaware has massive liquors stored right at the PA border. They were taking advantage of the PA’s legacy prohibition laws requiring State Stores sell wine and spirits and licensed distributors sell only beer.

When ever I go to a DE Total Wine the parking lot has 90% PA license plates. Now PA is relaxing the laws....doubt that will be the case for CA and ammo though.

sgtrock82
12-29-18, 15:20
Possibly why they only made it a misdemeanor; to avoid a challenge.

It is technically illegal to buy and transport alcohol across state lines, but Delaware has massive liquors stored right at the PA border. They were taking advantage of the PA’s legacy prohibition laws requiring State Stores sell wine and spirits and licensed distributors sell only beer.

When ever I go to a DE Total Wine the parking lot has 90% PA license plates. Now PA is relaxing the laws....doubt that will be the case for CA and ammo though. I can see it now....The highways leading to the golden state will suddenly find themselves awash in a new red tide of capitalism as giant gaudy ammunition warehouse outlets begin to appear along with their enormous flashing neon signs, announcing the approach from over a hundred miles away . All look alike, all their names containing various combinations of the same 5 or 6 words, across the same giant glass windows. Now open 24hrs! and complete with oversize shopping carts, 3 disinterested teenage employees and aisle after glorious aisle of embarassingly cheap bulk .22, .223, .308, .30-06, 9mm, .40, .45 and of course 12ga. in singles and various shrink wrapped party packs, not a round of which is made anywhere in this hemisphere.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
12-29-18, 15:22
Maybe God's just giving us a little taste of hell...I surely know that I have it a lot better than I deserve. And why can't we be united, maybe INXS had some insight...the devil inside, the devil inside, every single one of us is the devil inside.

Probably has a lot more to do with the fact that I don't believe in the devil or Yahweh or anything supernatural for that matter. To start from a premise where you believe I have some spiritual defect makes things challenging for me.

It's pretty close to if I genuinely believed all of your problems were thetan clusters.

TomMcC
12-29-18, 17:04
Probably has a lot more to do with the fact that I don't believe in the devil or Yahweh or anything supernatural for that matter. To start from a premise where you believe I have some spiritual defect makes things challenging for me.

It's pretty close to if I genuinely believed all of your problems were thetan clusters.

That's not exactly what I meant, nor do I think INXS was referring to L Ron Hubbard's science fiction. The reference would be more along the lines that each of us has a deep moral corruption that plagues us all our lives...we think we're ok, but not really. If that's what you meant by spiritual defect, we just have different anthropology and starting points. We don't need the devil to do evil, we do quite well on our own. History is full of examples. Take it as metaphor if you wish.

TomMcC
12-29-18, 17:14
I can see it now....The highways leading to the golden state will suddenly find themselves awash in a new red tide of capitalism as giant gaudy ammunition warehouse outlets begin to appear along with their enormous flashing neon signs, announcing the approach from over a hundred miles away . All look alike, all their names containing various combinations of the same 5 or 6 words, across the same giant glass windows. Now open 24hrs! and complete with oversize shopping carts, 3 disinterested teenage employees and aisle after glorious aisle of embarassingly cheap bulk .22, .223, .308, .30-06, 9mm, .40, .45 and of course 12ga. in singles and various shrink wrapped party packs, not a round which is made anywhere in this hemisphere.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

And the man will be waiting just over the border to righteously uphold the will of the California people.

Bulletdog
12-29-18, 19:41

Let's get a couple of things straight here:
1. We don't want this crap.
2. I can't speak for Tom McC, but everyone I know here votes in every election to put a stop to this commie, illegal, unconstitutional BS. The dems cheat. Its fixed. They have thousands of illegals voting for them and they have their pollsters stuffing ballots in the boxes. What the hell are we supposed to do about it? Drive up and down the state and police every ballot box? Crimes are being committed, and the people who are supposed to police it, either won't police it, or they are the ones doing it. Why don't you tell us how we are supposed to stop the voting fraud?
3. Liberal BS laws get passed in every state. I don't see you, or anyone else on this site who paints all Californians with the same brush, throwing down the gauntlet and going all Timothy McVeigh on your legislators either, so why would you expect us to do it?

What sort of political action should we be taking? We are being run over and railroaded, and its coming to your state too. When you realize that its there, and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it, you let me know the plan to take it back. I'm with ya'. I'm ready, willing and able, but there is no clear plan that doesn't leave my daughter without a father. I watched that sh*t with Beto in your state with absolute horror. I was literally sick over it. I saw some asshat walking around with a Beto shirt and I wanted to slap the hell out of him. Let me tell you that CA is a wide open pool of gasoline and these libtards are running around with matches right now. Its just a question of time. Look at a voting map. That sea of red ain't happy about what has been going on here, but nobody's ready to die over it yet, and I'll be damned before I'm going to leave my home and everything I've built here because of a bunch of commies that are 300 miles away from me. I keep waiting, hoping, praying, and voting for someone, anyone, to do the right thing. Hello and welcome Mr. Trump. He's not perfect, but at least he's trying to get the ball rolling in the right direction, against the will of the dems and his own damn party no less.

If people want to complain about the bullshit laws and bullshit politicians in my state, man, I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with you and complain even louder. No one hates this shit worse than the people living with it. But anyone who wishes ill on the entire state and all the people in it is a moron with their head so far up their own ass that they can't see what is happening all over our entire country. United we stand, divided we fall. I'm hoping you and others will stand with millions of your compatriots living behind enemy lines. When this crap finally takes over your state, you'll have my sympathy, understanding, and willingness to help in any way I can.

AndyLate
12-29-18, 20:15
Not sure why we are bashing California gun owners here.

I agree there should be ammo stores on every road that crosses a California border, just as a big FU to the idiots that supported this law. I doubt if a police officer could use "they crossed the border" as probable cause to stop and search for "illegal" ammo.

The smart money would be spend on hiring illegals as "ammo mules". It would provide them income and allow them to keep their skills sharp in the unlikely event they are deported and need to pay the coyotes for a return trip.

I can't beleive this is constitutional, but unless the SC is willing to hear the case it doesn't matter.

Andy

SomeOtherGuy
12-29-18, 21:18
The smart money would be spend on hiring illegals as "ammo mules". It would provide them income and allow them to keep their skills sharp in the unlikely event they are imported and need to pay the coyotes for a return trip.

Who knows, but keep in mind that anything involving ammo and illegals is a whole bunch of wide-ranging crimes, including violation of CA law on ammo, their mere presence in the USA, selling any ammo to an illegal (they are prohibited under federal law from buying or possessing ammo), buying any ammo from an illegal (same reasons), plus probably ITAR violations.

I can't beleive this is constitutional, but unless the SC is willing to hear the case it doesn't matter.

Andy

It's 100% UNconstitutional, but so are easily half the federal laws added to the books since the early 1930's, along with a large (variable) percent of state laws.

SteyrAUG
12-30-18, 01:52
That's not exactly what I meant, nor do I think INXS was referring to L Ron Hubbard's science fiction. The reference would be more along the lines that each of us has a deep moral corruption that plagues us all our lives...we think we're ok, but not really. If that's what you meant by spiritual defect, we just have different anthropology and starting points. We don't need the devil to do evil, we do quite well on our own. History is full of examples. Take it as metaphor if you wish.

Ok, so we are probably close enough that I can completely explain it to you.

I fully agree that man is more than capable of horrible shit which is why I have little time or patience for devils, demons, body thetans or other scapegoats. People are capable of doing wonderful and amazing things while some others are capable of levels of savagery and barbarity that most would like to pretend don't even happen any more.

But being a basic, honest "good guy" is so damn challenging some times that when somebody comes along and tells me I have the additional problems of "original sin", "invasive body thetans" or whatever other voodoo they are peddling I just don't have time for it and can't have a meaningful relationship with a person that actually believes any of that nonsense.

Because I don't believe I have a deep moral corruption, if I did I would constantly act on it and I would make life for everyone horrible. But because I DO NOT have a deep moral corruption, I have a reasonable sense of right and wrong and a strong enough will to live according to my own personal codes of conduct which is never easy and usually costs me money.

I'm far from perfect because that shit ain't easy, even if I had a million dollars I probably still couldn't live a perfect life although money does make it easy to be a better person and take care of those you want to help. Maybe the people who believe they have some kind of "original sin" or "devil inside" are the ones who need to get their shit squared away, because if you honestly believe you were infected by Xenu or are being hounded by demons or the devil, you have serious, serious problems.

Iraqgunz
12-30-18, 02:19
ITAR has nothing to do with the states, it's international. The law will be unenforceable if someone buys ammo out of state. In fact plenty of people are already doing it.

Police still need probable cause to search a vehicle. I doubt they have any ammo sensors on the highway. tons of drugs are smuggled across the country on a daily basis and only a small fraction are interdicted.

Who knows, but keep in mind that anything involving ammo and illegals is a whole bunch of wide-ranging crimes, including violation of CA law on ammo, their mere presence in the USA, selling any ammo to an illegal (they are prohibited under federal law from buying or possessing ammo), buying any ammo from an illegal (same reasons), plus probably ITAR violations.

It's 100% UNconstitutional, but so are easily half the federal laws added to the books since the early 1930's, along with a large (variable) percent of state laws.

AndyLate
12-30-18, 04:45

I didn't suggest selling to illegals, I suggested loading them down with packs of ammunition in the free states and pointing them to California.

I have never been asked to prove citizenship in the free states to buy ammo and really doubt buying ammunition from a non-citizen would break any laws.

In my obviously unrealistic scenario, I would not set foot in California, so I would not commit a crime in the state.

As IG pointed out, the "I" in ITAR stands for international not interstate.

glocktogo
12-31-18, 11:45

Well it's been a while, but I some time quite a while back lurking your state's biggest online gun forum. I came away with the unsettling thought that if the Vichy government in WWII had their own online gun forum...

I'm not one of the ones that think all CA gun owners are worthless and should be abandoned, but even back then I recognized that more than a few of them were useless in a fight. Sad, but true. :(

TomMcC
12-31-18, 12:09
Well it's been a while, but I some time quite a while back lurking your state's biggest online gun forum. I came away with the unsettling thought that if the Vichy government in WWII had their own online gun forum...

I'm not one of the ones that think all CA gun owners are worthless and should be abandoned, but even back then I recognized that more than a few of them were useless in a fight. Sad, but true. :(

If you're speaking of Calguns.net, I would agree. There seems to be a lot of left center gun owners here in Ca.. There is a different problem here, a really intense dislike for even conservative gun owners in extremely left states. In this day and age the problem isn't just lousy gun laws uniting conservatives. We aren't going to unite on abortion, the growing gay agenda, and religion to name a few. I doubt seriously that religious conservatives and secular conservatives/libertarians are ever going to unite for anything other than to vote for the lesser of two evils. I'm not even at that point.

glocktogo
12-31-18, 13:27
If you're speaking of Calguns.net, I would agree. There seems to be a lot of left center gun owners here in Ca.. There is a different problem here, a really intense dislike for even conservative gun owners in extremely left states. In this day and age the problem isn't just lousy gun laws uniting conservatives. We aren't going to unite on abortion, the growing gay agenda, and religion to name a few. I doubt seriously that religious conservatives and secular conservatives/libertarians are ever going to unite for anything other than to vote for the lesser of two evils. I'm not even at that point.

Perhaps the "surrenderism" for lack of a better term, colors the perception of all CA gun owners incorrectly? I can't say for sure as I'm just one person. I do get that physically, CA is a very desirable state to live in. I also understand that someone who owns a shotgun shack in a popular zip code in CA, can come retire in my state and buy a McMansion outright. If they're lucky enough to come with a pension based on CA wage scales (or even an employer matched 401K at those wages), they can live high off the hog.

The problem is that by the time they get here, they're fully indoctrinated and conditioned to the nanny state. They're in culture shock, but instead of adapting they double down and remain entrenched in a socialist mindset. They may not even recognize it as such, so complete is the indoctrination. They honestly believe they're "pro-gun" even though they support or don't mind UBC's, AWB's mag-cap limits and ammo restriction. After all, where they come from that does count as pro-gun!

Which is why those of us who live in relatively free states rightly get touchy about CA expats moving to our states. We've seen the creep in WA, OR, ID, CO and now TX. It's never positive. We get that the lying, cheating, freedom stealing Dems in CA are creating hostile conditions worthy of fleeing, but bringing their brand of crazy with you is maddening.

YOU may be unfairly branded because of this, but it's become a situation where most of us feel safer assuming the worst until better is proven. It sucks yes, but it's become the norm. :(

TomMcC
12-31-18, 14:47
Perhaps the "surrenderism" for lack of a better term, colors the perception of all CA gun owners incorrectly? I can't say for sure as I'm just one person. I do get that physically, CA is a very desirable state to live in. I also understand that someone who owns a shotgun shack in a popular zip code in CA, can come retire in my state and buy a McMansion outright. If they're lucky enough to come with a pension based on CA wage scales (or even an employer matched 401K at those wages), they can live high off the hog.

Surrenderism would probably describe some gun owners, although there are lawyers related to Calguns that are backed by the non-surrender types that are doing what they can. They did get an injunction against the NJ type mag ban that is still holding, and companies are coming up with devices that allow us to keep our AR's, and I assure you that many are not complying with many laws. It just we've been beat about the head and shoulders so long by the commies that it's tough to get it from your supposed friends. I for one am looking to leave. I'm getting old and my political views are strange and radical to the vast majority of people to ever have peace here. I, with a 100% certainty, will not be active in politics in any way for either side my new state.

The problem is that by the time they get here, they're fully indoctrinated and conditioned to the nanny state. They're in culture shock, but instead of adapting they double down and remain entrenched in a socialist mindset. They may not even recognize it as such, so complete is the indoctrination. They honestly believe they're "pro-gun" even though they support or don't mind UBC's, AWB's mag-cap limits and ammo restriction. After all, where they come from that does count as pro-gun!

Wishy washy gun owners seem to be the problem. Owning a gun or multiple guns is far down the list of priorities when it comes to politics, so when it comes time to vote they pull the lever for the leftist, who pulls on their heart strings. The guys I shoot with at 3gun and pistol matches aren't like that. They despise what's going on, but it's a tiny minority of gun owners. I hope people in other states can and will make a distinction.

Which is why those of us who live in relatively free states rightly get touchy about CA expats moving to our states. We've seen the creep in WA, OR, ID, CO and now TX. It's never positive. We get that the lying, cheating, freedom stealing Dems in CA are creating hostile conditions worthy of fleeing, but bringing their brand of crazy with you is maddening.

YOU may be unfairly branded because of this, but it's become a situation where most of us feel safer assuming the worst until better is proven. It sucks yes, but it's become the norm. :(

I understand, but it cuts both ways. What it all does in the end is breed hostility and mistrust that never seems to go away.