PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation needed from Railscales LEAF users on elevation adjustable rear BUIS

PaseMkr
12-29-18, 08:39
Hi all,

I just mounted a Railscale LEAF front sight onto my DBAL. My flip up read is only windage adjustable and now my BUIS POI is below the tip of LEAF's front post rather than just above it. Can anyone recommend a fully adjustable flip up rear to correct this?

Do you think I should just leave it the way it is?

Thanks
Steve

masakari
12-29-18, 10:46
Hi all,

I just mounted a Railscale LEAF front sight onto my DBAL. My flip up read is only windage adjustable and now my BUIS POI is below the tip of LEAF's front post rather than just above it. Can anyone recommend a fully adjustable flip up rear to correct this?

Thanks
Steve

What rear sight are you currently using? What range are you testing at?

Check out LMT, Magpul MBUS pro LR, KAC 2-600 micro, and MaTech sights to start with.

Stickman
12-29-18, 13:08
Hi all,

Thanks
Steve

What rear sight are you currently using?

PaseMkr
12-29-18, 18:19
Sorry, it took so long to reply. I am currently running the rear that came with the front on the carbine. I have the LWRC Skirmish BUIS. I took the front off to mount the DBAL all the way forward and create more rail space immediately behind it to run a c-clamp grip with a pressure switch on the top rail. I put the LEAF on the DBAL obviously and I am testing it at about 40-50 yards.

masakari
12-29-18, 21:03
Sorry, it took so long to reply. I am currently running the rear that came with the front on the carbine. I have the LWRC Skirmish BUIS. I took the front off to mount the DBAL all the way forward and create more rail space immediately behind it to run a c-clamp grip with a pressure switch on the top rail. I put the LEAF on the DBAL obviously and I am testing it at about 40-50 yards.

That might be your issue. I think that rear sight is fantastic, but the small sized aperture is designed to be shot at very long range. I had difficulty getting mine to zero until I realized this, so make sure that you are zeroing it with the larger size aperture for close range. I believe that if you do this, the smaller aperture will be set for 500 yards.

PaseMkr
12-30-18, 05:54
Thanks Masakari! I will try that.