PDA

View Full Version : DRD Tactical?

Slater
12-29-18, 18:17
First time I ever heard of this company was reading this article. Anyone have experience with their products?

"December 14th, 2018 – Dallas, GA: DRD-LLC has been awarded a contract to supply Paratus DMR Semi-Automatic Rifles chambered in 7.62 NATO as complete weapon systems including scopes, suppressors, bipods, hardcases & back packs for a US ally in Asia. Due to the sensitive nature of the foreign military’s mission, further details are not being released.

Contract deliveries will start in Q1 2019."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/12/27/drd-tactical-paratus-dmr-contract/

Jsp10477
12-31-18, 14:13
They sell them at Clyde Armory in Athens Ga. I think they use LW barrels. Pricey mofo’s. The entire rifle breaks down and fits into a small case. I’ve handled one in the store but never had any interest. That price buys a MWS and a decent piece of glass...

Next time I’m there I’ll see if I can get more info on them but Clyde Armory doesn’t allow you to take photos inside their store.

https://clydearmory.com/firearms/rifles/drd-tactical.html

AKDoug
01-01-19, 20:48
Their logo should have kept them from qualifying to bid.

flenna
01-02-19, 06:13

No man, that logo tells everyone how BA they are and adds $800 to the price of a rifle.

kwelz
01-02-19, 07:29

I was going to give you shit for judging them based off a logo. Then I looked them up. Can't really disagree with you now.

sundance435
01-02-19, 11:13
I was going to give you shit for judging them based off a logo. Then I looked them up. Can't really disagree with you now.

Wow, that is bad.

Slater
01-02-19, 11:44
Wonder why a foreign government would want to order a bunch of (evidently) really expensive rifles from a company that hasn't got a lot of public exposure? They must be filling a niche requirement.

AKDoug
01-02-19, 15:52
Wonder why a foreign government would want to order a bunch of (evidently) really expensive rifles from a company that hasn't got a lot of public exposure? They must be filling a niche requirement.

It's all about the Punisher skull brah'